Swords, Lances, Axes?

DeSu

weapon ▲  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which

• Swords! Accuracy>all!! Money is no issue
    • Lances! Best of both worlds!! Or curse...?
    • Axes! Sheer power baby!! Who needs that measly accuracy boost? Also low cost!

It depends on the game.

4: Swords are the best

6: None...

7: Axes are my favorite

8: Lances are my favorite

9: Axes

10: Lances

So a tie between axes and lances for me. With the exception of 4, those are all just favorites.

I've always like Axes. I've personally had no problems hitting with axes unless the enemy had some crazy avoid( maybe Lloyd). They've got that power I always look for. XD

-Axes are cheaper than any weapons when you purchase it.

-Axes give 1~2 range.

-Axes are stronger than any weapon.

-Axes give Weapon Triangle Advantage more often than even swords ever will.

-Slayer axes can easily OHKO things.

Of course Axes are the best weapons, by far.

So yes, I definitely agree with this statement 100%.

Don't really need to explain as I already established this. <_<

Swords dominate most of the earlier games, but I'd say that axes win overall. They're only truly bad in Genealogy (where there is only one worthwhile axe) and Gaiden (where axemen aren't even intended for the player).

Don't really need to explain as I already established this. <_<

You could just used the quote/copied that down and posted it. Your comment wasn't really needed <_<

I say lance. I play FETO alot now, and I find lances to be the most balanced. They can easily overpower any sword-wielding non-armour unit, whereas swords are weak and axes have trouble hitting most sword units.

In terms of the games, the lance has always been my favourite. I've always viewed swords as weak, no matter how strong they may actually get, and axe users are many a time low-skilled characters. Lances are also the primary weapons of cavaliers, one of my favourite classes.

Sword-users are usually low-defense units, and the accuracy they lose against lances isn't impressive. Axe-users are usually low-skill or low-speed, and combined with their weight, become annoying weapons to use.

So lances become my favourite.

Axes of course. It doesn't matter if a unit is a bit strength screwed, because the power of an axe can make up for it. Low accuracy maybe, but in the hands of the right unit *coughRavencough* they're deadly.

Lances are statistically the best weapon type. Though I'm also speaking from an FETO point of view where enemies actually have hit, as well as avoid.

Edited by Rei

FE4: swords, since everything else kills your Avo

FE5: swords, since this game's everything has shitty hit, and you can use them indoors with nearly everyone

FE6: swords, again because of shitty hit, though axes are better against lategame dudes

FE7: axes, since enemies have shitty Avo, making power and 1-2 range cooler

FE8: axes, for the same reason

FE9: axes

FE10: axes

yeah...

Swords dominate most of the earlier games, but I'd say that axes win overall. They're only truly bad in Genealogy (where there is only one worthwhile axe) and Gaiden (where axemen aren't even intended for the player).

Don't forget FE1, due to characters having terrible Hit.

FE1: Swords

FE2: dunno

FE3: Swords

FE4: Swords

FE5: Not sure. Special weapons > all, but the Pugi > all (or most) special weapons so it's hard to say.

FE6: Axes

FE7: Axes

FE8: Axes

FE9: Axes

FE10: Axes

FEDS: So I've been told, Axes

Lances range from okay to really bad. But they're never the best since swords are axes are never so unbalanced that being the 'middle of the road' is better than one of the extremes. And in fact, Lances typically become worse than both because they're not powerful enough to make up for their poor hit and high weight.

My favorite would be Sword.

Since I'm so biased to FE4. >_>

FE3: Sword

FE4: SWORD

FE5: Sword

FE6: Balanced (I prefer magic)

FE7: Sword (though it come pretty much tight with Lance and Axe)

FE8: Lance

FE9: Sword