Is there any way I can clear chapter 22? Did I get generally RNG-screwed? (Minor spoilers)

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

On Byleth specifically, i've never gotten A+ or S ranks in his weapon ranks (also what the fuck, S+ rank is a thing?). I do remember Claude and Lysethia reaching S rank on Bows and Reason respectively.

How else will I double dip on swordfaire?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

To be fair, i focus a lot more on magic than i do on swords. Only swords my Byleth ever used were the Sword of the Creator and a Killing Edge but usually, i'd go for magic attacks.

Sounds like a challenge run tbqh.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

Sounds like a challenge run tbqh.

Maybe. I just really like magic in this game, so that's why across all three routes (Silver Snow is an urban legend, it doesn't exist), i had a lot of magic users. I mean, i did have a fair number of pure physical units but i think my magic users edged them out slightly (though in the cases of Felix, Ingrid and Lorenz, they were physical-magic hybrids).

Wow. Just fucking wow. I actually manage to get to Nemesis, but there is absolutely nothing I can fucking do against him.

Yes, I got rid of the ten Elites. But his defenses are still way too fucking high. What was IS thinking with this bullshit? 106 HP, 42 Res, and 46 Def? That is entirely unfair. I can barely scratch him. Gambits, weapons, nothing does more than like 10 damage to him. Gambits don't stop him from moving/attacking either. And he heals damage every fucking turn on top of that, even after you lure him off that heal tile. He heals more damage than I can deal, so he's literally indestructible. Oh, also, whoever said Nemesis doesn't move in normal mode was wrong. He does as soon as you attack him. I did as much of what people in here told me to do as I could and I still can't win this stupidass map.

It took me FOREVER to get this far in it. I don't care at all to start all over AGAIN. In fact, I don't care to play anymore at all. I don't want to deal with this again. I don't have all the time in the world either since I work and go to school. At least I can probably get some nice money off the game. It's worthless to me now since this fight is so bullshit that it ruins it for me.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow. Just fucking wow. I actually manage to get to Nemesis, but there is absolutely nothing I can fucking do against him.

Yes, I got rid of the ten Elites. But his defenses are still way too fucking high. What was IS thinking with this bullshit? 106 HP, 42 Res, and 46 Def? That is entirely unfair. I can barely scratch him. Gambits, weapons, nothing does more than like 10 damage to him. Gambits don't stop him from moving/attacking either. And he heals damage every fucking turn on top of that, even after you lure him off that heal tile. He heals more damage than I can deal, so he's literally indestructible. Oh, also, whoever said Nemesis doesn't move in normal mode was wrong. He does as soon as you attack him. I did as much of what people in here told me to do as I could and I still can't win this stupidass map.

It took me FOREVER to get this far in it. I don't care at all to start all over AGAIN. In fact, I don't care to play anymore at all. I don't want to deal with this again. I don't have all the time in the world either since I work and go to school. At least I can probably get some nice money off the game. It's worthless to me now since this fight is so bullshit that it ruins it for me.

What classes, abilities, and weapons does Byleth have? Most of us beat this on Hard Classic with the same avg levels as you have right now so as long as you calm down, we can come up with a strategy.

7 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

What classes, abilities, and weapons does Byleth have? Most of us beat this on Hard Classic with the same avg levels as you have right now so as long as you calm down, we can come up with a strategy.

Sorry, I'm just so mad that I got so far only to find that I might've screwed myself...

Anyway, to answer your question:

Her weapons are Sublime Creator Sword (obviously), Silver Lance (when I was forging Silver+ weapons, I ran out of materials...), Levin Sword, Short Axe, and Wo Dao. Her equipped abilities besides the ones her Enlightened One class gives her are Sword Prowess lv. 3, Authority lv. 4, Axe Prowess lv. 3, Sacred Power, and Darting Blow. The only class I've given her besides is Pegasus Knight.

EDIT: True, @Dragoncat, but I'll still answer their questions.

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, I'm just so mad that I got so far only to find that I might've screwed myself...

Anyway, to answer your question:

Her weapons are Sublime Creator Sword (obviously), Silver Lance (when I was forging Silver+ weapons, I ran out of materials...), Levin Sword, Short Axe, and Wo Dao. Her equipped abilities besides the ones her Enlightened One class gives her are Sword Prowess lv. 3, Authority lv. 4, Axe Prowess lv. 3, Sacred Power, and Darting Blow. The only class I've given her besides is Pegasus Knight.

To be perfectly honest, your best best would be to fish a crit with either Rupture Heaven or the Highest crit art you have paired with the Wo Dao, I'd suggest waiting the majority of your forces around Nemesis so as to minimize his hit and maximize your own, Placing Claude next to Byleth should raise Byleth's might by 5 or so, if your character were male I'd have placed Hilda beside him for the extra damage, what rallies do you have available? If Sylvain can survive a trade, place him next to byleth and have him use ruined sky. Play around with the attack order you have your units until you can guarantee Byleth survives a trade, then have Claude finish him with either a brave bow or your strongest equivalent. Did you recruit Catherine? If you did, give her sword to Byleth, its an overpowered brave sword in anyone else's hands. Claude has charm so you absolutely want him next to anyone attacking. He won't move unless you enter his aggro range or attack him so you have up till turn 100 to plan out your attack, you want at least three units attack range on nemesis before you even think of doing a trade with him. Do you have Lorenz's staff? give it to a mage to bump their range if the lack a 3 range spell. He's a commander so he's immune to most gambits and halves their damage but it can be decent chip, I understand they haven't been effective for you but I don't know what gambits/battalions you are using.

What Battalions do you have to work with, what ones are still available in the market? You can buy some on the battle prep screen.

If you decide to trade with Sylvain, make sure Hilda and Claude is next to him this should boost his damage significantly, if you can get Byleth next to him it should add 15+ avoid and boost both his damage and defense thanks to sacred power. I's unlikely he'll double nemesis so again just have him use his relic art ruined sky. If Nemesis survives, follow up with Hilda's relic art and then Byleth's.

Your biggest issue is you're using a sword class (enlightened one) but didn't invest enough in sword skill.

8 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

To be perfectly honest, your best best would be to fish a crit with either Rupture Heaven or the Highest crit art you have paired with the Wo Dao, I'd suggest waiting the majority of your forces around Nemesis so as to minimize his hit and maximize your own, Placing Claude next to Byleth should raise Byleth's might by 5 or so, if your character were male I'd have placed Hilda beside him for the extra damage, what rallies do you have available? If Sylvain can survive a trade, place him next to byleth and have him use ruined sky. Play around with the attack order you have your units until you can guarantee Byleth survives a trade, then have Claude finish him with either a brave bow or your strongest equivalent. Did you recruit Catherine? If you did, give her sword to Byleth, its an overpowered brave sword in anyone else's hands. Claude has charm so you absolutely want him next to anyone attacking. He won't move unless you enter his aggro range or attack him so you have up till turn 100 to plan out your attack, you want at least three units attack range on nemesis before you even think of doing a trade with him. Do you have Lorenz's staff? give it to a mage to bump their range if the lack a 3 range spell. He's a commander so he's immune to most gambits and halves their damage but it can be decent chip, I understand they haven't been effective for you but I don't know what gambits/battalions you are using.

What Battalions do you have to work with, what ones are still available in the market? You can buy some on the battle prep screen.

If you decide to trade with Sylvain, make sure Hilda and Claude is next to him this should boost his damage significantly, if you can get Byleth next to him it should add 15+ avoid and boost both his damage and defense thanks to sacred power. I's unlikely he'll double nemesis so again just have him use his relic art ruined sky. If Nemesis survives, follow up with Hilda's relic art and then Byleth's.

Your biggest issue is you're using a sword class (enlightened one) but didn't invest enough in sword skill.

I started doing what you said...

...and then I wound up getting lucky. I'm not joking, Sylvain actually criticaled the bastard with Ruined Sky, and it did so much damage that finishing Nemesis wasn't hard after that.

But I'm still pissed.

Because for some reason, an S SUPPORT WITH SYLVAIN DIDN'T FUCKING TRIGGER. I don't understand why, I know I unlocked it, I made sure to. What the fuck, game?!

Hurray! You did it. You won. Congratulations! Next time you can DO SO MUCH BETTER. Like not get stat screwed on so many units. Also, get that SYLVAIN S support like you want.

Remember, when in doubt, Crit fish. All hail divine pulse. Thank you Echoes for introducing this mechanic. lol

I vote for going Golden Deer for next playthrough. I think you'll like Claude.

Edited by wissenschaft

Looks like I'm a bit late for the conversation.

I actually did Golden Deer path, and the difficulty of the game was higher on the final 1/3 of the game - wasn't terrible, but up until that point I found Hard/Classic easy. I had a really good Claude, a nuke Lysithea, a giant wall Raphael, Bow Knight Ignatz, dancer Marianne, Holy Knight Flayn, Seteth and Catherine as themselves, and Petra... as a Mortal Savant. You cna tell I had no idea what I was doing, but I had a lot of fun regardless.

As for the map - I have issues with ballistas in any Fire Emblem games, so I'm trying to bait their shots from a far distance. I had to split my forces to go to the south for the mage to stop reinforcements, but also another group to go on top to kill the bolting bastard to remove the swamp. Having someone with good res on top backed up with a healer helped a lot. On the bottom if I recall correctly I rushed a bit more, and Ignatz was able to snipe the mage from a range of 4. After that, the map was simple enough, and I was able to join my forces in front of big boss.

To be honest, he was the major roadblock of this map, and I wasn't sure what to do with him for a while. Obviously you can do a hit and run to get him off his tile to make the fight easier, but I never relied on that. Gambits and Crest weapons can do damage to him, thank god for Freikugel. As a finishing move, Luna from Lysithea did enough damage to finish him off - no need for lucky crits. Also noticed that Mekkah just finished his Golden Deer run too, so I'll check his strats for big boss when I have the time.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I started doing what you said...

...and then I wound up getting lucky. I'm not joking, Sylvain actually criticaled the bastard with Ruined Sky, and it did so much damage that finishing Nemesis wasn't hard after that.

But I'm still pissed.

Because for some reason, an S SUPPORT WITH SYLVAIN DIDN'T FUCKING TRIGGER. I don't understand why, I know I unlocked it, I made sure to. What the fuck, game?!

Did you select him in front of the grave? Did you get the ring in jeralts room?

3 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

She just did it though?

47 minutes ago, Eltoshen said:

I think she might have missed the ring in Jeralt's room.

Most likely, I don't remember why I went to get it my first playthrough though (quest, dialogue?) but if she wasn't exploring often then she'd have likely missed it.

29 minutes ago, CyberNinja said:

She just did it though?

Most likely, I don't remember why I went to get it my first playthrough though (quest, dialogue?) but if she wasn't exploring often then she'd have likely missed it.

Yeah it's one of those red "mandatory" missions, and it stays up for the whole month iirc (I think everyone explores at least once a month, I'm not sure how missable it is).

1 hour ago, timon said:

Yeah it's one of those red "mandatory" missions, and it stays up for the whole month iirc (I think everyone explores at least once a month, I'm not sure how missable it is).

The mission can be missed if you choose not to do it, it’s just that it’s one of those “This Month Only” red missions that are quite notorious on the UI, so it’s rather difficult to ignore.

I remember back then, Ana was commenting that she wasn’t going to marry anyone because she didn’t like the idea of a Teacher-Student relationship, so she probably avoided it on purpose. 

12 hours ago, Vince777 said:

I didn't know about the materials from monsters in my first playthrough either (and also barely used gambits) but all my units were a little above lv40 by the last chapter.

me either. lol my first playthrough i avoided the beasts like the plague. 

the final Golden Deer Map. Honestly, this was the map that made me ADORE Ingrid and will ALWAYS use her in any playthrough. Mine was a Falcon Knight by this time - she had an aurora shield, a Javelin and i planted her right in the middle of the action. so i could get the infantry/horses around the other side. i think the most damage she took (period) was like 5 damage because she just kept avoiding everything. it clearly was a thing of beauty. it still took me about 16-20 turns to beat it, but i never saw someone earn "MVP" as much as Ingrid did on that map.  

congrats ana for beating the map

55 minutes ago, Jave said:

The mission can be missed if you choose not to do it, it’s just that it’s one of those “This Month Only” red missions that are quite notorious on the UI, so it’s rather difficult to ignore.

I remember back then, Ana was commenting that she wasn’t going to marry anyone because she didn’t like the idea of a Teacher-Student relationship, so she probably avoided it on purpose. 

Even if she get the ring, she can still choose the option to marry nobody by the end of the game, so it's counter-intuitive not to get the ring in the first place.

8 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

the final Golden Deer Map. Honestly, this was the map that made me ADORE Ingrid and will ALWAYS use her in any playthrough. Mine was a Falcon Knight by this time - she had an aurora shield, a Javelin and i planted her right in the middle of the action. so i could get the infantry/horses around the other side. i think the most damage she took (period) was like 5 damage because she just kept avoiding everything. it clearly was a thing of beauty. it still took me about 16-20 turns to beat it, but i never saw someone earn "MVP" as much as Ingrid did on that map.  

Reminds me the time when I used Ingrid in my BL Hard/Classic run - I think it was around ch20 when I decided to use her high evasion as a Falcon Knight to bait over 3-4 Snipers without Aurora Shield or anything(I know, call me nuts). GD route Lysithea was grabbing the MVP spot on the final 3-4 chapters.

Edited by Garlyle

8 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Reminds me the time when I used Ingrid in my BL Hard/Classic run - I think it was around ch20 when I decided to use her high evasion as a Falcon Knight to bait over 3-4 Snipers without Aurora Shield or anything(I know, call me nuts). GD route Lysithea was grabbing the MVP spot on the final 3-4 chapters.

LOL i did this with Byleth hehe honestly it's fun to risk it for the biscuit. 
(Though to be fair. i don't do classic. lol casual is good enough for me, but i always play as if they can die permanently). 

38 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

LOL i did this with Byleth hehe honestly it's fun to risk it for the biscuit. 
(Though to be fair. i don't do classic. lol casual is good enough for me, but i always play as if they can die permanently). 

Really? I think casual runs are risk free and it's a good option for beginners in the series. Classic is still not that bad, considering the abundance of Divine Pulses - so soon I'll try to do a no pulse run.

Just now, Garlyle said:

Really? I think casual runs are risk free and it's a good option for beginners in the series. Classic is still not that bad, considering the abundance of Divine Pulses - so soon I'll try to do a no pulse run.

really. 
I find (for me). normal/casual is enough hard for me. I don't really use divine pulses (unless i just want to try something (literally seeing what the swirly purple thing is) and things like that. i get people find this game easy but it was enough thinking, challenging for me to do. what i needed to do and to enjoy it. like i say, i make my moves/plans as if it means something and unlike say Fates or something i don't plop someone there and hope they don't die (i kinda grew as a player there). but classic ... meh. i mean i've done classic mode before (in POR and RD (still kinda playing) because i had to). but just because there's no actual "risk" doesn't mean it's still not risky (for me) - if that makes sense. 

7 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Hurray! You did it. You won. Congratulations! Next time you can DO SO MUCH BETTER. Like not get stat screwed on so many units. Also, get that SYLVAIN S support like you want.

Thanks! And yes, I have to get it next time. I'm so in love with that boy. ❤️

...Didn't you read the thread? That was the playthrough I've been doing. I DO love Claude. xP I'm going Blue Lions next. Originally, I was going to make Black Eagles my second. But a certain handsome amazing redhead beckons me to pick his house. 😛

6 hours ago, timon said:

Did you select him in front of the grave? Did you get the ring in jeralts room?

5 hours ago, Eltoshen said:

I think she might have missed the ring in Jeralt's room.

But I'm pretty certain I didn't, I remember doing that mission that month after Jeralt's death and going into his room and finding the diary and everything. How could I do all that and still miss the ring?

2 hours ago, Jave said:

Yeah, exactly. I'd be blind or something to miss that misson. xP And I would have to ignore it on purpose. But I didn't. As I said above, I went to Jeralt's room and all that.

And yes, that was my plan initially... But I ended up falling in love with Sylvain as a character and so that changed. lol I can make exceptions to my general preferences. I mean, the only boyfriend I've actually ever had was two years younger than me even though I'd prefer to date a guy that's older. So yeah.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, exactly. I'd be blind or something to miss that misson. xP And I would have to ignore it on purpose. But I didn't. As I said above, I went to Jeralt's room and all that.

Well then idk, if you have the ring that choice pops up no matter what, if you played through it too fast maybe you selected someone random (or no one at all).