Abortion

Knife

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going off on a tangent, gay activities are a sin.

Leviticus 18:22

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

/tangent

And what intelligent person honestly cares about what some ancient book says? The bible is outdated, we know more than we did back in those days.

On Gamefaqs, an opinion is a declaration of war. But this isn't Gamefaqs, so we can have opinions.

I noticed that somebody said that a fetus is not a human. This scares me. If we have the right to decide that an unborn child is not a human, wouldn't that give us the right to say that blacks aren't humans? Or that gay people aren't humans?

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

/tangent

*sigh*

1. GameFAQs, yey, nobody mentioned it, I just told someone that everyone can have an opinion.

2. A fetus is not a living being, blacks are like everyone else.

3. As mentioned earlier, the quotes do not support your argument, or even relate to it for that matter.

Also biblepusher = Anyone who shows a clear disregard of sense when talking about anything that relates to their religion. As in "Abortion blah blah blah" "MAN ON MAN SEX".

Not really. I'm for euthanasia if done under very certain restrictions (Orgeon Death with Dignity Act seems the best set of those out there).

More like me trying to force my beliefs on other people...wait. I don't usually try and do that :unsure:

Being for euthanasia doesn't make you less of a Bible pusher. Besides, anyone who uses the Bible as a reason to make things legal or illegal is, well, a Bible pusher. There's a reason we're not a theocracy.

Edited by Crystal Shards

And what intelligent person honestly cares about what some ancient book says? The bible is outdated, we know more than we did back in those days.

So are some of the current law. Some of them date back hundred of years. They are known as Common law and they are not considered outdated.

Just saying...also some of these laws do come from religious text books...

Edited by Luxord

But (as a guy) am I gonna get pregnant and have to choose what happens to my body?

Is that like saying that white people couldn't attempt to assist African Americans in achieving independence, because they're not black?

Doesn't make much sense.

But that bundle of cells can become a living human being. A liver cannot.

How about skin cells, then?

/tangent

What the hell is wrong with you?

Not really. I'm for euthanasia if done under very certain restrictions (Orgeon Death with Dignity Act seems the best set of those out there).

More like me trying to force my beliefs on other people...wait. I don't usually try and do that :unsure:

Oh, I see; you're a troll.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Only in the case of rape or incest it should be legal.

Well what about if the child is seriously deformed and has no chance of living a normal life. Shouldn't it be better to have abortion and not make that child suffer.

I would, but then I would be crushed into an oblivion by my horrible debating skills. :/

An opinion or point without factual basis or backup, is quite frankly worthless. You're less likely to be destroyed if you have some sort of defense. As it is your statement is already proven horribly, horribly wrong.

ie. If you're going to post, back up your statement, or else you look like a total fool since you just said something that has already been fully expounded and soundly defeated.

Good day.

Aww... go easy on the guy. Is it really that harmful to say a one liner?

It's not harmful, and frankly, I don't care, but unless it's funny or contributes to the discussion, he's better off not saying it. :D I'm doing this for his own good! :P

It's not harmful, and frankly, I don't care, but unless it's funny or contributes to the discussion, he's better off not saying it. :D I'm doing this for his own good! :P

But you're scaring away all the cool people.

Joking of course, but it does scare away people from giving input.

Edited by Knife

Well, since no ones telling me, I'll give my opinion on all the opinions covered in this topic (and keep in mind, I'm a christian, so I believe in god)...

When is an embryo a person? When it starts forming a brain of course. Isn't it our brain that contains our whole personality, life experience, feelings, and thoughts? Isn't it our brain that makes us who we are? Lets say for example that someone were to take out my brain right now. If that were to happen, BAM!, I'm dead. I mean, my body would still function, so I wouldn't be technically dead, but I may as well be...

So therefore, I believe an abortion is not murder when the embryo does not even have a functional brain yet. What about the personality that the baby would have recieved had it not been hosed by chance? Well, I always like to think that God would just snatch up that personality, save it, then put it in the vessel of another embryo with a developing brain. Cuz he's cool like that! And that's all a body really is without a brain, an empty vessel for a persons soul to inhabit.

As for animals, well, in a way, they are all our distant cousins in my opinion since evolution says that all animals had one common ancestor. And who is this common ancestor? What was his name? God of course!! I mean, according to the bible, he did make us in his own image, so why not make the lesser animals in a similar, but still different image? However, God has also made it very clear that he puts us above them, so killing them for a good reason (like food, or self defense) is justified, but not killing them for a bad reason.

So, I believe it's justified to kill the animals for food and stuff, I mean, we did use them as burn offerings to him before Jesus came down and forgave us all, and they pretty much just go to heaven with him anyways. But torturing them? Heck no, cuz that's sadism. Purposely killing them for no reason? No, because your doing nothing but indulging your dark side by doing that! And anything you dark side tells you to do is evil!

Now, those issues are easy. This abortion issue however, is not so easy, so Ima take about thirty minutes to an hour to think up that one. See ya then!

Edited by FionordeQuester