Abortion

Knife

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets say for example that someone were to take out my brain right now. If that were to happen, BAM!, I'm dead. I mean, my body would still function, so I wouldn't be technically dead, but I may as well be...

Um, seeing as how your brain controls organ function, no, it wouldn't. You would be dead, unless you mean you're being kept alive by machine, which is, quite frankly, not really worth arguing.

So therefore, I believe an abortion is not murder when the embryo does not even have a functional brain yet.

You can have a functional brain but still not be functional. Just saying.

And guys, honestly are you so immature as to make inappropriate jokes and spam? Seriously...

A growing embryo is always human. Anyone arguing the contrary is incorrect.

A growing embryo is not a sentient being with emotions and feelings any greater than that of a jellyfish... at least at the very early stages. Anyone arguing the contrary is (probably, since I dont really know how smart jellyfish are) incorrect.

The issue of abortion begs that we make a decision: Is the right to life of the embryo more important than the right of liberty of the mother?

The answer, in my mind, must be determined with the current 'sentience' of the child in question. Abortion via the morning after pill is fine by me. Partial Birth Abortion is not.

Where the line should be drawn beyond that is not something I feel I can answer.

I'm going to go with Crystal on this: While I might be used to a more strict environment having come from FESS (and, yes, SF is more laid back, and I understand that), I at least expect some semblance of seriousness in places other than Far From the Forest, especially in a General Discussion board and a thread about a serious topic.

So, guys, can we please cut it out with the spam-ish posts?

Edited by Lord Glenn

I'm going to go with Crystal on this: While I might be used to a more strict environment having come from FESS (and, yes, SF is more laid back, and I understand that), I at least expect some semblance of seriousness in places other than Far From the Forest, especially in a General Discussion board and a thread about a serious topic.

So, guys, can we please cut it out with the spam-ish posts?

Meh. If a post is actually funny, or contributes something, then I don't mind if it's spam-ish. If it's not, then it kind of self medicates as the person realizes that they just made themselves look like a massive idiot.

And who is this common ancestor? What was his name? God of course!! I mean, according to the bible, he did make us in his own image, so why not make the lesser animals in a similar, but still different image? However, God has also made it very clear that he puts us above them,

Please tell me you are not serious even considering that as even remotely true.

Everyone with a brain knows that creationism is a joke.

Edited by Shuuda

So therefore, I believe an abortion is not murder when the embryo does not even have a functional brain yet. What about the personality that the baby would have recieved had it not been hosed by chance? Well, I always like to think that God would just snatch up that personality, save it, then put it in the vessel of another embryo with a developing brain. Cuz he's cool like that! And that's all a body really is without a brain, an empty vessel for a persons soul to inhabit.

That is one of the most passive religious viewpoints I've ever seen on this topic.

I mean to compliment, if it seems like I'm not.

For what it's worth, seeing as how they've actually regrown a full finger recently, each cell should be protected by the law.

Ahahahaha

Hahahahahaha

Jolly good joke, man.

And I for one aim to stop that. ;)

Then you should start by understanding basic biology. Because what you said is very, very stupid.

Um, seeing as how your brain controls organ function, no, it wouldn't. You would be dead, unless you mean you're being kept alive by machine, which is, quite frankly, not really worth arguing.

It's worth pointing out to those that believe that life is something that intrinsically deserves to live, and when cornered attempt to rectify by saying all human life should be capable of life.

Then you should start by understanding basic biology. Because what you said is very, very stupid.

lol understanding sarcasm.

When is an embryo a person? When it starts forming a brain of course. Isn't it our brain that contains our whole personality, life experience, feelings, and thoughts? Isn't it our brain that makes us who we are? Lets say for example that someone were to take out my brain right now. If that were to happen, BAM!, I'm dead. I mean, my body would still function, so I wouldn't be technically dead, but I may as well be...

There's that teenage girl that lived without a heart for four months. So I don't think you need a brain to be considered alive. It's just easier to consider someone that is missing a brain dead if they seem dead.

Edited by bunny

Animals don't have souls. Humans do. Can we please stop talking about animals?

Oh, look at that big splattered thing rolling around in the mud: it's your creditability!

You are the kind of ignorant person that make religions look bad. Do Christianity a favour and keep your mouth shut from now on.

P.S: This was worth the warn, you know why.

Edited by Shuuda

Oh, look at that big splattered thing rolling around in the mud: it's your creditability!

You are the kind of ignorant person that make religions look bad. Do Christianity a favour and keep your mouth shut from now on.

P.S: This was worth the warn, you know why.

I'm sorry, as much as I do not agree with Shuuda's way of saying things, I do agree with his point in this case. Besides, Religion should not be brought into a secular thread. Plus it's an ignorant statement he made that is based on faith, not proof. This thread is based on logical thinking based on proof and facts - religion is based on faith, so no proof is needed.