Abortion

Knife

Yes, fun stuff hey.

Pretend I'm just some random guy. One day, I decide to go out and have sex with some chick. A one night stand or something. Boy that was fun. I walk away. End of story for me. No guilt, no nothing. I might not even know her.

The woman gets pregnant for some reason, maybe failed contraception. She's not exactly rich, and can't get by too well on her own. As her pregnancy increases, her life begins to plummit, due to the many many problems involved in pregnancy. She spends most of her time wondering how in the world she's going to deal with this. Finally, she has the baby, but dies in childbirth. Now poor baby girl is put up for adoption. Oh, look, no-one wants her? Foster Care I guess. Fast forward a couple years and the child has gone through several homes, some alright, some downright awful. She continues drifting through foster homes, with no idea what to do with her life. Her life sucks most of the time. She doesn't really care too much. Then she starts having sex. It's fun! She wants to do it more! Uh oh, now she's pregnant.

Rinse and repeat. It's not always like that, and it's not going to be the same everytime, but I guarantee you, most babies that would have been aborted probably will end up having pretty bad lives.

Ignoring "morals", "ethics", or anything else you want to bring up (because those have already been addressed), Abortion should be legal for the reason most laws should be made. Because on the whole it is beneficial for society. Unwanted children, back alley abortions, etc, are all bad for society. Abortion on the whole is better for society when it's legal.

Also, all you guys out there arguing.

I don't care if the woman was a prostitute who constantly had unsafe sex, and was basically guaranteed to get pregnant. She should still be allowed an abortion if she doesn't want the baby. For so many reasons. First of all being that I doubt a prostitute like that can support a child. She doesn't want it, so she's more likely to abuse it or neglect it. Adoption can take a long time and might never happen. And on and on. She can choose what she wants, and no matter what, she will live with some consequences.

And a fetus, while alive, is not a human.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know abortion costs some dough right? So she'd need help from her parent(s). It isn't free.

Imagine the guilt the woman goes through after abortion. I'd rather the woman have the baby, and try to take care of him/her the best she can. If it really is too much for her (which is totally understandable) she can give the baby up. It is quite simple. Better to have life than to have none. The more the merrier, right? I always hated that quote.

It's not all that hard to have an abortion if you have the mindset that it's okay.

It can be hard to give up a baby that's grown a bit, even if you failed at raising it.

Have you ever had an abortion? How can that be proved in any way?

Have you ever had an abortion? How can that be proved in any way?

Asking a question like that won't make what I say any less true. Sure I can't *prove it* but it's logical.

It's less traumatic to kill something that you don't want than it is to give up something that's been a part of you and having to give it away.

Compare a kid who never had a father there for him to a kid whose dad was there every day. The dad dies. Who feels worse?

And if you don't want one, but suck up and have it, just put it up for adoption.

You have no idea what your talking about here.

YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT JUST GIVING UP A CHILD TO AN ORPHANAGE!!!!!

I AM ONE OF THOSE KIDS!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO KNOW THAT YOUR PARENTS NEVER WANTED YOU???

I Wish ALOT OF THE TIME my mother had an abortion. It would have saved me some heart ache.

Imagine the guilt the woman goes through after abortion. I'd rather the woman have the baby, and try to take care of him/her the best she can.

If you cared about the woman's guilt, then you wouldn't hold her prisoner in her own body. So, do you really give a damn about the feelings a woman faces, or are you just using that as a veil to support your stance?

If it really is too much for her (which is totally understandable) she can give the baby up. It is quite simple. Better to have life than to have none.

Then by that logic, it is better for everyone to have a child at every single physically possible chance.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

-sigh-

Yes, Jyosua, I am saying that human lives are more precious than chickens. All life is precious.

"All life is precious, but some are more precious than others."... "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

I think that abortion should be ban, but not because of this whole murder bullshit. Women should NOT be allowed to make choices. :lol:

"All life is precious, but some are more precious than others."... "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

I think that abortion should be ban, but not because of this whole murder bullshit. Women should NOT be allowed to make choices. :lol:

EXACTLY!! This is America. Women shouldn't have a choice at all! [/sarcasm]

Nope, still there, just double-checked. China actually has a population problem, you have to keep that in mind, they aren't doing it for shits and giggles.

Indeed they're not. They were overpopulated, and according to Wikipedia, they are to keep this policy for at least another decade.

And on what planet does that mean you are not allowed to have an opinion and share it with other people? =o

It's not like we're trying to convince anyone to get an abortion or not, it's just a discussion, and a bad one at that.

On Gamefaqs, an opinion is a declaration of war. But this isn't Gamefaqs, so we can have opinions.

I noticed that somebody said that a fetus is not a human. This scares me. If we have the right to decide that an unborn child is not a human, wouldn't that give us the right to say that blacks aren't humans? Or that gay people aren't humans?

Going off on a tangent, gay activities are a sin.

Leviticus 18:22

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

/tangent

If you are against abortion don't have one.
I noticed that somebody said that a fetus is not a human. This scares me. If we have the right to decide that an unborn child is not a human, wouldn't that give us the right to say that blacks aren't humans? Or that gay people aren't humans?

Going off on a tangent, gay activities are a sin.

Leviticus 18:22

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

/tangent

If you are against gay sex don't have it. :/

What an ancient book sayd shouldn't affect anyones opinion. I don't think homosexuals care if they "will not inherit the kingdom of God".

Aaaannnnyway, I hardly think a bundle of cells=human. Giving it rights is like giving your liver rights