Fire Emblem tied with Christianity?

Oguma

I was reading the bible and I got to notice a few things. (I will only mention a few.)

God spoke to Moses on Mount EPHRAIM.

I've seen the name "Hector" pop up a few times.

One of the three wise men gave "Myrrh" to Jesus when he was born.

(Only one person will agree. *Points to Feffle*)

Edited by Harvey Berin

Funny you mention Ephraim and Christianity. In fact, Sacred Stones is in almost every way an allegory to Nordic mythology, not Christian.

Edited by Fox

I was reading the bible and I got to notice a few things. (I will only mention a few.)

(Only one person will agree. *Points to Feffle*)

RACISM!!!

XD. Just kidding.

Good find Oguma. Lol.

Though, don't the monks worship Elemine? Lady version of God.

The "ties" with the Bible are so incredibly common you may as well not point it out. Oh, let's not forget, half the names are Christian names anyway. What I think is interesting, however, is FE4's mega-copy of Norse mythology without actually using Norse mythology.

Uh...I remember Sinai, but not Ephraim.

Which, if you're speaking of Fire Emblem 7, was more a link to French literature and Greek mythology. There's far more ground, what with a Durandal and Roland being present.

Oh come on, that's not the only use of the word myrrh.

The funny thing is, I was thinking that too!

I was browsing through Christian baby names (like all girls do at least once in their lives before marrying and all that), and definitely considered Ephraim as a good name for my future son :P

Yeah, Myrrh is that precious, expensive perfume that one of the wise men give to Jesus. Ephraim is a person mentioned in the Bible...whose name means productive/fertile. (LOL).

Hm, I can't think of any more references to Christianity in Fire Emblem.

FE6 is actually a reinterpretation of the New Testament.

What? Okay, so they may had been some characters who are of the Christian of Catholic faith and hell, Saul and Ingrene got in a debate if God does exist in their "A" support, but I doubt FE6 is a take on the New Testament.

The only thing closely related to being Christ like in FE6 is Roy having forgiveness and pity towards Idoun.

Yeah some of the names for FE weapons have alot of meaning behind it. Like that spell Nergal uses.

In Babylon myth, Ereshkigal is the Goddess of the Underworld. Married to another deity named Nergal.

I watched the FE9 opening video before playing it for the first time... I was like HOLY **** ANGELS!?

I was a bit disappointed to find out that they were herons.... (but there are similarities between the herons and the angels)

1. White wings.

2. A love of music (in many stereotypes angels have beautiful voices and play the harp... and herons sing)

3. The old tongue they speak could be compared to the language of the angels/God (yes I know its really reverse Japanese.)

4. They have naturally high balance (which until Part 4 of RD is interpreted as good) and a naturally low chaos (which until part 4 of RD is interpreted as evil.)

Now any borrowed themes are typically small things like names (and I hardly think bishops and saints count, because they use magic, which is far from Christian.)

But if they did release a Fire Emblem game in America with angels and demons (you playing as the humans caught in between the warring) in it.... I would buy it in an instant. If Michael, the Arch Angel, could join your team... epic.

Edited by Chris Lionheart