FEH Revenue Drop!!!

XRay

The feh pass was a bad idea it will cost them tons of revenue in the longrun

They where to greedy, they should have known that below high spenders the pass would be seen as negative. your whale players already spend a ton the pass won't make a big difference if only those people buy it.

The pass prevents new players to enter the game and it discourages smaller and medium spenders. who didnt pay attention that they did spend 50 100 200+ $ on the game per year anyway. single purchases add up. so in the short term they might lose those small to medium player spendings.

In the long run less odd to get new future whales. The subscription system in a gacha game is a pretty flawed system imo. you only gain more revenue if a sizable chunk buys the subscription and anyone with common sense would have figured that only the more heavy spenders would buy it.

also even if they make the feh pass crazy good in wich even medium spenders might buy it. you'll still lose the new stream of players. There is not really a way to make the feh pass look good. people will still be salty if it is only 5$ a month or less.

I'm pretty sure that a subscription system will probably even hurt games such as grand fate order. They should have learned from mario kart tour. it had tons of downloads in such a short time over 4 times the player base of fe heroes. it broke records yet the income is very mediocre because of all the negative press. they killed future spenders from the very start. 

They have already made people pissed

If they want some form of damage control I'd at the very least would say that all skins and features would be accesible withouth a pass. 

Edited by SwordsDude

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SwordsDude said:

The feh pass was a bad idea it will cost them tons of revenue in the longrun

They where to greedy, they should have known that below high spenders the pass would be seen as negative. your whale players already spend a ton the pass won't make a big difference if only those people buy it.

The pass prevents new players to enter the game and it discourages smaller and medium spenders. who didnt pay attention that they did spend 100+ $ on the game per year anyway. single purchases add up. so in the short term they might lose those small to medium player spendings.

In the long run less odd to get new future whales. The subscription system in a gacha game is a pretty flawed system imo. you only gain more revenue if a sizable chunk buys the subscription.

I'm pretty sure that a subscription system will probably even hurt games such as grand fate order. They should have learned from mario kart tour. it had tons of downloads in such a short time over 4 times the player base of fe heroes. it broke records yet the income is very mediocre because of all the negative press.

I think it has become pretty uncool even to talk positively about the feh pass. Some people might not care but others don't wanna be the guy who bought the feh pass. Might seriously affect long term revenue as lots of people (me included) declared not to spend anymore. We will see in a year! I wonder if Nintendo realizes the bad PR it generated and if they will even attempt to smooth things out or if greed has taken the better of them and they don't care.

Edited by Endriu

58 minutes ago, SwordsDude said:

You can't compare a netflix subscription to a subscription for a gacha.

You can say that it is opinion based but in reality services like netflix dominate the movie markets atm among casuals worldwide.

The only reason why one would consider netflix to be a bad deal is if one does not like to watch movies series etc.

I think it is comparable. The problem is not with the subscription model, the problem is what they are offering in the subscription.

41 minutes ago, SwordsDude said:

also even if they make the feh pass crazy good in wich even medium spenders might buy it. you'll still lose the new stream of players. There is not really a way to make the feh pass look good. people will still be salty if it is only 5$ a month or less.

That is exaggerating the impact of subscription model. New players are turned away because the game itself is not too new player friendly and that Feh Pass is annoying. They are not turned away because Feh Pass is a subscription. Feh Pass is literally not much different from the Special Orb packs that we already have every month, and no one has an issue with those.

If Feh Pass was strictly for the Heroes, resources, Expanded Summoner Support, and it was not annoying, players would have been fine with it.

55 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Ofc they can afford it!

I am pretty sure you can afford my monthly subscription of Feh Pass too. You have a job. I have a job too, but I need to pay for groceries, phone bill, gas, and all the other crap.

It is one thing to criticize the value of Feh Pass, but it is something else when you are saying you deserve something more because others can afford to pay for it.

"Feh Pass is overpriced and only 10 Orbs sucks."
"I would buy Feh Pass if they also give me 100 Orbs; I am sure they can afford it."

The first one sounds pretty reasonable. The second one sounds entitled.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it is comparable. The problem is not with the subscription model, the problem is what they are offering in the subscription.

That is exaggerating the impact of subscription model. New players are turned away because the game itself is not too new player friendly and that Feh Pass is annoying. They are not turned away because Feh Pass is a subscription. Feh Pass is literally not much different from the Special Orb packs that we already have every month, and no one has an issue with those.

If Feh Pass was strictly for the Heroes, resources, Expanded Summoner Support, and it was not annoying, players would have been fine with it.

I am pretty sure you can afford my monthly subscription of Feh Pass too. You have a job. I have a job too, but I need to pay for groceries, phone bill, gas, and all the other crap.

It is one thing to criticize the value of Feh Pass, but it is something else when you are saying you deserve something more because others can afford to pay for it.

"I would buy Feh Pass if they also give me 100 Orbs; I am sure they can afford it."

not so much entitled. entitled would be to say we need to get 100 orbs more per month for free. whatever

I would actually consider the pass if it was without the p2w stuff and if it came with 100 orbs. thats not entitlement, thats a good value offer. other gacha games do proper discounts why can't feh do it?

and yes, generating orbs doesn't cost anything, they don;t need to pay it. quite a lot of people would buy it, in the end they would be better off

35 minutes ago, Endriu said:

I would actually consider the pass if it was without the p2w stuff and if it came with 100 orbs. thats not entitlement, thats a good value offer. other gacha games do proper discounts why can't feh do it?

I am pretty sure that crosses into entitlement. 90 Orbs is about the equivalent of $46 (46.74=(39.99/77)*90). You want to pay $10 for something that would cost $56 every single month.

And Heroes did offer some pretty steep discounts over New Years. HNY!Azura, RS!Lethe, and RS!Selkie would each cost at least around 150-200 Orbs on average to obtain from summoning, but players can be guaranteed to get them via Orb packs. The packs with RS!Lethe and RS!Selkie are basically at least 50% off. The pack with HNY!Azura is at least 75% off. I agree that those Orb packs are not affordable for everyone, but they are still steep discounts.

35 minutes ago, Endriu said:

and yes, generating orbs doesn't cost anything, they don;t need to pay it. quite a lot of people would buy it, in the end they would be better off

Yeah, and they do not have bills to pay and families to feed.

The question is not whether more people will buy it. The question is whether or not the increase in spenders is enough to offset the cost of decline in revenue from each player. I would love to pay $10 for 100 Orbs per month too, but I am not sure that is going to save the game from declining revenue.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am pretty sure that crosses into entitlement. 90 Orbs is about the equivalent of $46 (46.74=(39.99/77)*90). You want to pay $10 for something that would cost $56 every single month.

And Heroes did offer some pretty steep discounts over New Years. HNY!Azura, RS!Lethe, and RS!Selkie would each cost at least around 150-200 Orbs on average to obtain from summoning, but players can be guaranteed to get them via Orb packs. The packs with RS!Lethe and RS!Selkie are basically at least 50% off. The pack with HNY!Azura is at least 75% off. I agree that those Orb packs are not affordable for everyone, but they are still steep discounts.

Yeah, and they do not have bills to pay and families to feed.

The question is not whether more people will buy it. The question is whether or not the increase in spenders is enough to offset the cost of decline in revenue from each player. I would love to pay $10 for 100 Orbs per month too, but I am not sure that is going to save the game from declining revenue.

A proper discout is to give lots of premiu currency for a small amount of money once per month. Feh pass certainly isnt one of them.

I wouldn't say I feel entitled. The difference between us you are more of a corporate thinker who is worried about a companies income and I am more of a consumer who recognizes value when I see it or the lack thereof.

Like I said if they ever did such a discount (I know they won't), they wouldn't be at a loss but generate more revenue instead. But they will not know because they won't try.

It's actually quite funny discussing it with you. We basically bring up the same arguments all the time. 🙂 I like it!

32 minutes ago, Endriu said:

It's actually quite funny discussing it with you. We basically bring up the same arguments all the time. 🙂 I like it!

You keep going in circles because he keeps explaining the situation and you keep not listening. 

if where looking at standard orb prices. around 50 cents an orb with the higher amounts. or with them orb deals.

the feh pass gives 10 orbs. wich is around 5$ worth of orbs

than you have 5$ left for all the pay to win stuff + the extra skins + some extra features.

Sure there are some discount packs but it's not that much better.

in terms of deals compared to the ingame purchases even if you would include  monthly deals. it is one of the better deals in the game for what you get, it is a better deal than those montlhy orb packs thanks to the extra features and the few replendid heroes that you get each month. 

However naturally since ingame purchases where high from the very beginning. and feh pass is more in your face about it it's not reall that great to the lesser spenders.

I don't think 20 or 30 orbs in the fehpass + all the extra stuff would give feh pass postive rep. to much stuff locked behind a paywall, and people love freedom. also again 10$ a month it's just a thing that people don't like to think about even people who spend more on the game per month. it's a negative image.

Montly orb packs where not forced in you spending money per month everytime for the whole year. again feh pass probably pisses off even people who did occasionally buy those orb deals multiple times a year with no problems at all. 

Only time will tell I guess,maybe, revenue will increase. I highly doubt it considering that only higher spenders a fraction of playerbase see it as a positive but who knows.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If Feh Pass was strictly for the Heroes, resources, Expanded Summoner Support, and it was not annoying, players would have been fine with it.

I'm pretty sure most people are pissed that the replendid hero skins and the expanded summoner support are locked behind a paywall. not to mention the added permanent stats.

Might be better if free players had a shot to get those and that the pass just guarantees people who pay to have them instead of relying on rng summons for non feh pass owners. Summoner support in a lesser degree but again it's an unfair feature. those 2 things are prime examples of locking content behind a paywall.

Also i don't think FE heroes will run short on money anytime soon

We did discuss the prices

so at the start it costed let's say 400K to  1 million to develop a high end mobile game including first year server costs. let's go high and say 1 million for feh heroes.

The game had 491 characters. let's say it's 800$ per character art + voice acting let's say 400K added in them extra features in the 2 3 years that the game is out

And let's say 200K for management and server costs per year. it came out in 2017 so let's say 2 more years of maintenance + server costs 400K

so 1.8 Million invested into this game. I think feh will do just fine. heck let's double it for the heck of it, 3.6 million let's inflate the costs even if it is probablly allot less. even at only 10 million revenue a year it's plenty of profit I'd say. New Character art and voice acting will be 150 - 200 K a year server costs and management around 200K a year. 350 - 500K a year maintenance + extra content.

Edited by SwordsDude

1 hour ago, Othin said:

You keep going in circles because he keeps explaining the situation and you keep not listening. 

About IS making a loss if they were to make a good discount on orbs and their workers not being able to pay their rent?

Plox!

12 minutes ago, Endriu said:

About IS making a loss if they were to make a good discount on orbs and their workers not being able to pay their rent?

Plox!

Can you explain what @XRay argument is?

(EDIT: This is an insanely long post- sorry. The summary is that business costs can be very complicated and not what you expect, and we don't know what Nintendo's profits are. Also, I'm very partial to small businesses.)

Reading the conversations about how much the game can cost to make reminds me that there are so many things we don't know about Nintendo's operating and development costs. I'm the daughter of a small business owner who eventually started his own business that employs only my parents. I've worked in a small business, corporate (one company smaller than 100 people and one with employees in the thousands), academic, and non-profit environment. I've also been a moderator on a internet forum run by a company and worked for an online tutoring center. I've been involved in process improvements, product development, and employee training. Until I worked in those various environments, I had no idea of the costs that go into each of the various companies and how much it costs to run any of them, including the non-profit. Even after working for them, I couldn't accurately tell you how much they cost to run. Without detailed reports to tell us exactly how much art, voice, bug testing, development, planning, advertising, servers, etc. cost, we can't say with any degree of certainty that FEH is cheap to make or run. Some businesses run very efficiently- some don't. It's possible FEH profit is low, or astronomically high. We also don't know how low profits would need to be before Nintendo cuts their losses. One of the companies my dad works with spends a ton of time on development, but will drop a product as soon as they start to see some competition in the area as they no longer consider it worth the cost. That's a multi-billion dollar company, so many people would think they have plenty of surplus income they can afford to waste.

A little example: I was at my favorite ice cream shop today. Their ice cream is horribly expensive, but I consider it worth it. When I paid, I said to the owner behind the cashier, "so expensive for so little ice cream, and yet it's so good!" He smiled and told me that he was doing everything he could to keep the price down, but it was so expensive to run his shop that he was stuck with charging these prices. He also mentioned that due to an upcoming minimum wage hike in my area, he would likely have to fire half his workers and raise prices in order to make ends meet. The expensive ice cream has to be that way for his shop to be profitable, and other things, like laws, are making it difficult for his business to survive even with the high prices. (And yes, I am not a fan of minimum wage laws for exactly this reason. It comes from people like him and being the daughter of a small business owner. Big companies can handle it, but small business that are paying their employees all they can can't afford the higher wages and end up with higher operating costs than they can handle.)

All I want to say is Nintendo understands their costs much better than we do (and I was thinking about that small business owner today, hence the insanely long post). Someone at Nintendo thought that FEH pass was a good idea, and they are likely wrong. However, that doesn't mean that they could afford to add 100 orbs each month in order to make it more attractive. That may very well lead to a loss, as suddenly dolphins like me would no longer have to spend $39.99 for 77 orbs like I've done in the past, and whales would also be saved money each month. The goal should be to convince dolphins like me to ultimately spend more, not less, as well as enticing my free-to-play sister to buy. It may sound like a loss that Nintendo can recoup because profits are so high, but we don't actually know what those profits are. We don't know how much that would cost them in lost sales. We also don't know how much profits Nintendo considers "good enough" to keep the game running. If it starts operating with a low profit margin, Nintendo could, and possibly very well should, ramp down and stop investing so much before they start losing money each year. Businesses are meant to make money, and if a product isn't successful, they are likely to drop the product. That would likely put employees out of jobs (because not all IS employees would likely be able to move immediately onto a different project in the same company) and cost us a game we enjoy. The goal should be to find a way to entice those who are spending to spend more and/or entice new people to spend money in a way that doesn't alienate the player base. If the player base spend less due to FEH pass, it's not worth it to Nintendo.

So as much as I would love 100 orbs for $10, I don't think it would be healthy for the game overall for that to happen. At least, I don't have the information to know it would be, and my gut says it would hurt way more than help. I'd also like to have my ice cream for $0.50, as overpriced ice cream won't last forever and has no resale value. But in order for a business to keep going, they need to make money. And I don't know what it takes for a business, whether an ice cream shop or Nintendo, to make enough profit.

Edited by Venmi

59 minutes ago, Venmi said:

(EDIT: This is an insanely long post- sorry. The summary is that business costs can be very complicated and not what you expect, and we don't know what Nintendo's profits are. Also, I'm very partial to small businesses.)

Reading the conversations about how much the game can cost to make reminds me that there are so many things we don't know about Nintendo's operating and development costs. I'm the daughter of a small business owner who eventually started his own business that employs only my parents. I've worked in a small business, corporate (one company smaller than 100 people and one with employees in the thousands), academic, and non-profit environment. I've also been a moderator on a internet forum run by a company and worked for an online tutoring center. I've been involved in process improvements, product development, and employee training. Until I worked in those various environments, I had no idea of the costs that go into each of the various companies and how much it costs to run any of them, including the non-profit. Even after working for them, I couldn't accurately tell you how much they cost to run. Without detailed reports to tell us exactly how much art, voice, bug testing, development, planning, advertising, servers, etc. cost, we can't say with any degree of certainty that FEH is cheap to make or run. Some businesses run very efficiently- some don't. It's possible FEH profit is low, or astronomically high. We also don't know how low profits would need to be before Nintendo cuts their losses. One of the companies my dad works with spends a ton of time on development, but will drop a product as soon as they start to see some competition in the area as they no longer consider it worth the cost. That's a multi-billion dollar company, so many people would think they have plenty of surplus income they can afford to waste.

A little example: I was at my favorite ice cream shop today. Their ice cream is horribly expensive, but I consider it worth it. When I paid, I said to the owner behind the cashier, "so expensive for so little ice cream, and yet it's so good!" He smiled and told me that he was doing everything he could to keep the price down, but it was so expensive to run his shop that he was stuck with charging these prices. He also mentioned that due to an upcoming minimum wage hike in my area, he would likely have to fire half his workers and raise prices in order to make ends meet. The expensive ice cream has to be that way for his shop to be profitable, and other things, like laws, are making it difficult for his business to survive even with the high prices. (And yes, I am not a fan of minimum wage laws for exactly this reason. It comes from people like him and being the daughter of a small business owner. Big companies can handle it, but small business that are paying their employees all they can can't afford the higher wages and end up with higher operating costs than they can handle.)

All I want to say is Nintendo understands their costs much better than we do (and I was thinking about that small business owner today, hence the insanely long post). Someone at Nintendo thought that FEH pass was a good idea, and they are likely wrong. However, that doesn't mean that they could afford to add 100 orbs each month in order to make it more attractive. That may very well lead to a loss, as suddenly dolphins like me would no longer have to spend $39.99 for 77 orbs like I've done in the past, and whales would also be saved money each month. The goal should be to convince dolphins like me to ultimately spend more, not less, as well as enticing my free-to-play sister to buy. It may sound like a loss that Nintendo can recoup because profits are so high, but we don't actually know what those profits are. We don't know how much that would cost them in lost sales. We also don't know how much profits Nintendo considers "good enough" to keep the game running. If it starts operating with a low profit margin, Nintendo could, and possibly very well should, ramp down and stop investing so much before they start losing money each year. Businesses are meant to make money, and if a product isn't successful, they are likely to drop the product. That would likely put employees out of jobs (because not all IS employees would likely be able to move immediately onto a different project in the same company) and cost us a game we enjoy. The goal should be to find a way to entice those who are spending to spend more and/or entice new people to spend money in a way that doesn't alienate the player base. If the player base spend less due to FEH pass, it's not worth it to Nintendo.

So as much as I would love 100 orbs for $10, I don't think it would be healthy for the game overall for that to happen. At least, I don't have the information to know it would be, and my gut says it would hurt way more than help. I'd also like to have my ice cream for $0.50, as overpriced ice cream won't last forever and has no resale value. But in order for a business to keep going, they need to make money. And I don't know what it takes for a business, whether an ice cream shop or Nintendo, to make enough profit.

How much did the game from release change compared to what it is now aside from the characters and power creep.

Also do you really think that feh mobile app in the beginning was supposed to earn 650 million. was it supposed to be big or small budget etc do you really think they spend more than the 3ds titles awakening and fates wich has some of the best sales in the series If I had to guess it was supposed to be a fraction of the costs just to advertise the mainline games. a ton of mobile gacha games do not make over 100 million$ heck most are profitable at only 1 million a year also are we forgetting dragalia lost wich made 6 times less money and is succefull?. it was something to test the waters and to advertise the main series, this wasnt a big budget title like say mario kart tour wich did go hard because feh a low budget title earned so much money.

It was well above their expectations and I'm not to sure if their budget in the beginning was actually high. considering that they only made it to advertise the main games.

Edited by SwordsDude

8 minutes ago, SwordsDude said:

How much did the game from release change compared to what it is now aside from the characters and power creep.

Also do you really think that feh mobile app in the beginning was supposed to earn 650 million. was it supposed to be big or small budget etc do you really think they spend more than the 3ds titles awakening and fates wich has some of the best sales in the series If I had to guess it was supposed to be a fraction of the costs just to advertise the mainline games. a ton of mobile gacha games do not make over 100 million$ heck most are profitable at only 1 million a year also are we forgetting dragalia lost wich made 6 times less money and is succefull?. it was something to test the waters and to advertise the main series, this wasnt a big budget title like say mario kart tour wich did go hard because feh a low budget title earned so much money.

It was well above their expectations and I'm not to sure if their budget in the beginning was actually high. considering that they only made it to advertise the main games.

I don't know- it might be reasonable to assume they didn't expect this much profit. But it is likely that they want to regain some of the lost profits from the first year, and this is their first real stab at that. We also don't know how much inefficiencies they've acquired since the first year: maybe they hired extra staff for testing, started paying more for art, bought a bigger office, etc., all of which might add up to upper management demanding a return to the higher profit levels to compensate. As others have mentioned, we also don't know how big of a cut Apple or Google Play get.

I think I was just thinking a lot about that shop owner and the fact that, as outsiders, we don't know what the financial situation really looks like. That's all I was trying to get at with a really long post. They may also be relying on profit from FEH to fund something else, and the loss of profit is really hurting in that regard. We don't know how much is pure greed (though greed certainly plays a role in it) and how much is necessary. They may be looking at the years ahead and want to safeguard against profits falling further.

43 minutes ago, Endriu said:

They can't because they would lose money

That is part of my point. The other part of my point is that we really do not have enough information to say what the right approach is in terms of pricing for certain things, specifically Orbs.

For things like Auto-Start and Re-Act, I think it is a pretty scummy move to lock it behind on a subscription when it should be entirely free in my opinion to make it more user friendly to attract more players into Heroes. No one is honestly going to buy the subscription for either of these two features, so it's impact on sales is close to zero. If they really want to be greedy, charging a one time fee to buy each feature would have been more appropriate in my opinion. Similarly, for resources like Sacred Coins, Refining Stones, Hero Feathers, Dragonflowers, etc. I have no issue with players demanding 5 times or even 10 times the amount of what they are offering because those resources should have very minor impact on sales. I am a bit more hesitant on Heroic Grails since players can use a Grail unit in place of a regular summoned unit, but due to how limited Grail units are, I think Heroes can still afford to be more generous with Grails within reason.

Orbs are an entirely different story since that is the primary way Heroes generates revenue. Wanting Feh Pass to give 20 Orbs instead of just 10 sounds pretty reasonable in my opinion to make it competitive with Orb packs, and due to the still relatively small amount, it should not affect Orb sales too much. 30 and 40 are really pushing it though. 100 gets into the territory where it will definitely have an impact on Orbs sales, and we do not have the info and data to determine whether the increase in revenue from Feh Pass will offset the decrease in revenue from Orb packs.

Personally, I'm surprised Heroes isn't monetizing grails more. Seems like they'd be a really useful incentive, since no one can really get "enough" of them as is.

10 hours ago, Endriu said:

Can you?

You're the one arguing with him.  Not me.

Which means that if you can't explain it, you can't really counter it, and this will go in circles.  So either sum it up, or stop posting in this topic.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You're the one arguing with him.  Not me.

Which means that if you can't explain it, you can't really counter it, and this will go in circles.  So either sum it up, or stop posting in this topic.

Indeed! But you cannot force me to explain the obvious to you. Or will this result in another warning?

1 minute ago, Endriu said:

Indeed! But you cannot force me to explain the obvious to you. Or will this result in another warning?

Since you pulled this card, it's now a mod order.  Which means I warn you if you don't.  It's one thing to discuss, but refusing to acknowledge the other side means that it's no longer a discussion.  Part of my job means making sure that discussions are discussions, and not an excuse to troll (or worse).

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Since you pulled this card, it's now a mod order.  Which means I warn you if you don't.  It's one thing to discuss, but refusing to acknowledge the other side means that it's no longer a discussion.  Part of my job means making sure that discussions are discussions, and not an excuse to troll (or worse).

Check xrays last post. He managed to quote my initial response to you.

5 minutes ago, Endriu said:

Check xrays last post. He managed to quote my initial response to you.

Next post is either an explanation of X-Ray's argument, in your own words, or the next warning will have a suspension tied to it.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:01 PM, XRay said:

I'm not okay with expanded summoner support being one of the locked features at all. In fact, it's probably the least cool locked feature.

It's a huge stat boost, especially for characters like Aversa and Virion, who need the extra hp, or Repel Brave Ike, who uses all of those stats to great effect.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I'm not okay with expanded summoner support being one of the locked features at all. In fact, it's probably the least cool locked feature.

I personally do not like it locked behind a monthly paywall either. However, that is really the only thing that would make the subscription worth subscribing to without a break. Depending on how cheap Resplendent Heroes are, players could possibly save money by subscribing one month per year and buy all the past Resplendent Heroes and then unsubscribe again.

There is really nothing else that entices a player to keep subscribing continuously.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I personally do not like it locked behind a monthly paywall either. However, that is really the only thing that would make the subscription worth subscribing to without a break. Depending on how cheap Resplendent Heroes are, players could possibly save money by subscribing one month per year and buy all the past Resplendent Heroes and then unsubscribe again.

There is really nothing else that entices a player to keep subscribing continuously.

My question to you is "do they need to subscribe continuously."

The fact that this is designed as a month to month purchase with no longer term discounted option (which it should totally have) makes it seem as though they intend for people to purchase it on months they are interested in.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

My question to you is "do they need to subscribe continuously."

The fact that this is designed as a month to month purchase with no longer term discounted option (which it should totally have) makes it seem as though they intend for people to purchase it on months they are interested in.

They clearly want players to purchase continuously though, since it automatically renews every month.

I agree that they should have made a long term discounted option. $95 for a year long membership would have enticed players to not skip too many months. Or maybe they can do a full price $114 with extra bonuses added in like Orbs or something.