May 2020 New Heroes Speculation

Expectations vs Hopes  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2020 at 06:32 PM

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What if the Dawn Brigade banner had Jill on it? If you're willing to count her as a Dawn Brigade member that is

I would. Because she is the most pivotal unit for clearing the DB chapters. 

My lineup would be:

Green - Nolan

Red - Edward

Blue - Jill

Colorless - Leonardo

GHB - Tauroneo

Demote would be either Edward or Leonardo.

That unfortunately means leaving out Pelleas, but I think you could fit him into another theme. And honestly, the most fitting way to get him would be as a TT reward.

Though I would still rather get Jill on a turncoat banner featuring Jill, Nasir, Zihark, Shinon, and an Ena GHB.

Edited by Etheus

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What if the Dawn Brigade banner had Jill on it? If you're willing to count her as a Dawn Brigade member that is

That'd be cool, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Nolan, Leonardo, and Edward are all missing. But they're also all male, so... IS will surely throw a female or two in there because females. Still, I'd imagine we would see Meg or Laura in a DB banner before Jill. She would definitely be in a Daein banner along with Zihark and Tauroneo though. Give Jill an axe and they'd all be different colors too. Zihark a red sword, Tauroneo a blue lance, and Jill a green axe. Three different movement types too. Armors are also rarely added to the regular pool, so Tauroneo would help that. I like all three of these characters a lot too! Zihark is my favorite swordmaster in the series besides Ryoma and Tauroneo is my favorite armor. Jill is best wyvern rider behind Haar imo.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That'd be cool, but I'm not sure how likely that is. Nolan, Leonardo, and Edward are all missing. But they're also all male, so... IS will surely throw a female or two in there because females. Still, I'd imagine we could see Meg or Laura in a DB banner before Jill. She would definitely be in a Daein banner along with Zihark and Tauroneo though. Give Jill an axe and they'd all be different colors too. Zihark a red sword, Tauroneo a blue lance, and Jill a green axe. Three different movement types too. Armors are also rarely added to the regular pool, so Tauroneo would help that. I like all three of these characters a lot too! Zihark is my favorite swordmaster in the series besides Ryoma and Tauroneo is my favorite armor. Jill is best wyvern rider behind Haar imo.

...Would you really think IS would prioritize putting less popular characters like Laura or Meg into the game before Jill? Be honest

6 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I would. Because she is the most pivotal unit for clearing the DB chapters. 

My lineup would be:

Green - Nolan

Red - Edward

Blue - Jill

Colorless - Leonardo

GHB - Tauroneo

Demote would be either Edward or Leonardo.

That unfortunately means leaving out Pelleas, but I think you could fit him into another theme. And honestly, the most fitting way to get him would be as a TT reward.

Though I would still rather get Jill on a turncoat banner featuring Jill, Nasir, Zihark, Shinon, and an Ena GHB.

I know it would mean colorsharing with Nolan, but I'd honestly much prefer Jill to be an axe flier instead of a lance flier, simply because we have way too many lance fliers as is and Jill wouldn't stick out much if she was just another lance flier. Now if the game still did Bantu units that are immediately dumped into the 3-4 star pool, we'd be having a a different story right now with Tauroneo on the banner, Nolan as the Bantu, and Jarod as the GHB

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

...Would you really think IS would prioritize putting less popular characters like Laura or Meg into the game before Jill? Be honest

Given some of their choices with this game, yeah, I wouldn't put it past them. As disappointing as it would be.

And yeah, I'd prefer if Jill was an axe flier too. Haar was made one in this game, so yeah.

1 minute ago, Gregster101 said:

I know it would mean colorsharing with Nolan, but I'd honestly much prefer Jill to be an axe flier instead of a lance flier, simply because we have way too many lance fliers as is and Jill wouldn't stick out much if she was just another lance flier. Now if the game still did Bantu units that are immediately dumped into the 3-4 star pool, we'd be having a a different story right now with Tauroneo on the banner, Nolan as the Bantu, and Jarod as the GHB

Why would Nolan ever be the Bantu? He actually has a personal weapon for starters, and Bantus have only ever been less popular units without personal weapons. If any DB member would be the Bantu, it would be Aran, Laura, Meg, or, one of the most forgettable units ever, Fiona.

Just now, Etheus said:

Why would Nolan ever be the Bantu? He actually has a personal weapon for starters, and Bantus have only ever been less popular units without personal weapons. If any DB member would be the Bantu, it would be Aran, Laura, Meg, or, one of the most forgettable units ever, Fiona.

Touche. But I'd still prefer Jill to be green instead of blue

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Given some of their choices with this game, yeah, I wouldn't put it past them. As disappointing as it would be.

And yeah, I'd prefer if Jill was an axe flier too. Haar was made one in this game, so yeah.

Haar has had a much stronger association with axes than Jill from the start, while Jill has mostly been associated with lances.

That said, I could see a case for Jill being an axe flier. Maybe she gets Shirahim's Tomahawk.

Edited by Etheus

30 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Haar has had a much stronger association with axes than Jill from the start, while Jill has mostly been associated with lances.

That said, I could see a case for Jill being an axe flier. Maybe she gets Shirahim's Tomahawk.

Well, Narcian never used an axe in his game, and yet he's an axe flier in Heroes. So who knows what IS will do with her.

18 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I mean so as long as Hans is never added, I'd be fine with someone like Shura or Fuga being GHBs for Fates banner

Ooo, Fuga would be cool! Ah, and Flora/Felicia's dad. I'd like to get to play him. 🙂 Ah, and someone mentioned Dwyer. Yeah, it's be nice if he came into the game. Honestly, Mitama would be perfect for this book's theme, too, as I mentioned, though really, I'd especially like her in a fun seasonal theme I made up a while ago: pajama heroes. Linhardt, Haar, Python, Mitama, and Tiki or Dwyer would be good for that banner. Sleepy heroes... Dwyer could wield coffee as a tome or something. Maybe they're all trying to study for an upcoming meeting, and Kiran thought they would somehow make good study buddies and not just sleep through everything. Hehe. X3

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

If you're really trying to tell me that Jill has to be a lance flier cuz of her starting out as one in PoR, look at Gerik and Raven. They both start out as sword locked mercenaries in their respective games, and yet they're axe units in Heroes despite not being able to use them until promotion into a Hero. If Gerik and Raven could be axe infantry units, there's no way Jill can't be an axe flier.

59 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ooo, Fuga would be cool! Ah, and Flora/Felicia's dad. I'd like to get to play him. 🙂 Ah, and someone mentioned Dwyer. Yeah, it's be nice if he came into the game. Honestly, Mitama would be perfect for this book's theme, too, as I mentioned, though really, I'd especially like her in a fun seasonal theme I made up a while ago: pajama heroes. Linhardt, Haar, Python, Mitama, and Tiki or Dwyer would be good for that banner. Sleepy heroes... Dwyer could wield coffee as a tome or something. Maybe they're all trying to study for an upcoming meeting, and Kiran thought they would somehow make good study buddies and not just sleep through everything. Hehe. X3

Truth be told, part of the reason I wouldn't mind Fuga being added is just to see the salty reaction of someone I know, cuz he absolutely hates Fuga with an undying passion (mainly cuz he replaces Izana as a playable character in Revelation)

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

If you're really trying to tell me that Jill has to be a lance flier cuz of her starting out as one in PoR, look at Gerik and Raven. They both start out as sword locked mercenaries in their respective games, and yet they're axe units in Heroes despite not being able to use them until promotion into a Hero. If Gerik and Raven could be axe infantry units, there's no way Jill can't be an axe flier.

Truth be told, part of the reason I wouldn't mind Fuga being added is just to see the salty reaction of someone I know, cuz he absolutely hates Fuga with an undying passion (mainly cuz he replaces Izana as a playable character in Revelation)

She can absolutely be an axe unit. That wouldn't actually solve the issue of uniqueness that you brought up though. Because unless a category is very unsaturated, such that they aren't competing with many similar units at all, this wouldn't actually matter. 

Haar is an axe flier, and he still struggles for a unique niche in a category that already has similar slow, bulky units like Michalis, Beruka, etc. Not to mention Cherche, who shits on all of them. 

Conversely, had he been blue, his direct competition would be Subaki, Cormag, and Altena. 

The most important thing in breaking out of redundancy is a prf weapon or prf skills. That's where units like Haar and Cormag unfortunately failed. That is what will be important for Jill, not what color she is. Fortunately for her, IS is so much more likely to give these to popular females. 

59 minutes ago, Etheus said:

She can absolutely be an axe unit. That wouldn't actually solve the issue of uniqueness that you brought up though. Because unless a category is very unsaturated, such that they aren't competing with many similar units at all, this wouldn't actually matter. 

Haar is an axe flier, and he still struggles for a unique niche in a category that already has similar slow, bulky units like Michalis, Beruka, etc. Not to mention Cherche, who shits on all of them. 

Conversely, had he been blue, his direct competition would be Subaki, Cormag, and Altena. 

The most important thing in breaking out of redundancy is a prf weapon or prf skills. That's where units like Haar and Cormag unfortunately failed. That is what will be important for Jill, not what color she is. Fortunately for her, IS is so much more likely to give these to popular females. 

Then give her a Laguz Axe then. Anything is better than being yet another generic lance flier

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

We literally have a Fates banner still going on right now (though it ends after today), that's definitely not happening.

I realized that we're probably getting the May 8th banner trailer on my birthday. Oh shit. If this is Tellius, especially if it has any of the Tellius peeps I mentioned before, BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT. ^^

...Though, I wouldn't be interested if it's the Dawn Brigade since I don't care about them. But literally any other group of Tellius characters would be fine to me.

I think the Dawn Brigade deserve to be in the game because right now the only DB members in the game are Micaiah and Sothe. We have more of Skrimir's underlings than we do of Micaiah's underlings which is odd. 

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

I think the Dawn Brigade deserve to be in the game because right now the only DB members in the game are Micaiah and Sothe. We have more of Skrimir's underlings than we do of Micaiah's underlings which is odd. 

That's not odd. Lethe and Ranulf appear in both games and play fairly big roles. Mordecai less so, but he still goes with them. Also, beast/laguz was brand new. They deserved to be in first. And they're much better characters imo.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That's not odd. Lethe and Ranulf appear in both games and play fairly big roles. Mordecai less so, but he still goes with them. Also, beast/laguz was brand new. They deserved to be in first. And they're much better characters imo.

Okay but what about the Daein Liberation Army, are you more interested in them? 

I absolutely think the Dawn Brigade deserve to be in. Yes, they are underdeveloped, but that never stopped Shadow Dragon characters from getting in (ohsnap). Heroes presents an opportunity to give them new dialogue that does flesh them out.

That said, I'd still consider Crimean retainers and PoR Daein units to be of higher priority.

Edited by Etheus

Okay but what about the Daein Liberation Army, are you more interested in them? 

Only a few. Jill, Aran, Zihark, and Tauroneo (if he counts). And Jill and Zihark are still iffy choices there to me because they appeared in PoR as well and also can change sides in RD.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some of the Dawn Brigade like Edward and Nolan added, though I still feel like the missing Greil Mercenaries members and the Daein characters from PoR like Jill and Zihark are of much bigger priority.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Only a few. Jill, Aran, Zihark, and Tauroneo (if he counts). And Jill and Zihark are still iffy choices there to me because they appeared in PoR as well and also can change sides in RD.

I consider Aran to be Dawn Brigade. Any character that joined after Micaiah meets up with Pelleas is Dain Liberation Army material. 

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I absolutely think the Dawn Brigade deserve to be in. Yes, they are underdeveloped, but that never stopped Shadow Dragon characters from getting in (ohsnap). Heroes presents an opportunity to give them new dialogue that does flesh them out.

That said, I'd still consider Crimean retainers and PoR Daein units to be of higher priority.

True, characters with even less characterization have made it in the game than the Dawn Brigade. 

The Crimean Army only has Nephenee and she's not even an official member as she's a militia fighter. It's quite appalling that Elincia's crew has no representation. 

I consider Aran to be Dawn Brigade. Any character that joined after Micaiah meets up with Pelleas is Dain Liberation Army material. 

True, characters with even less characterization have made it in the game than the Dawn Brigade. 

The Crimean Army only has Nephenee and she's not even an official member as she's a militia fighter. It's quite appalling that Elincia's crew has no representation. 

You don't have to tell me how appalling it is that I still don't have my +10 Bastian. 😕

4 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I still feel like if they ever wanted to add Kieran at any point, the Dauntless Crimeans banner would have been a good time since it added Oscar.

I'd kinda like an Aran/Laura duo hero as an infantry/armored staff.

Wait, what am I saying?! I want Aran or Laura to be the GHB since I can't summon!

Anyways, if we got a DB banner, it'd probably be

Leonardo

Nolan

Edward

??? Either Laura or Jill, seeing as Laura is the next one to join the DB. But Jill is popular, so it' a bit of a toss up.

And then Aran as either the GHB or TT+ giveaway unit.

38 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The most important thing in breaking out of redundancy is a prf weapon or prf skills.

Redundancy is not a bad thing though and it gives players more granular control over stats and team composition. Redundancy is more often than not a good thing. I got well over a dozen Firesweep archers because having redundancy makes Arena Assault a lot easier. For another example, if a player wants a team with BK!Eliwood and Ninian and want to use two other nukes for the team, having a variety of stat distributions in a class of units makes finding a pair of nukes with matching Atk stats a lot easier.

Raw combat performance is not the only that matters for Heroes, especially in Aether Raids where team composition matters far more than raw combat performance. Clair does not give Cordelia a run for her money because Clair got good combat performance, which is average at best. Clair gives Cordelia a run for her money because Clair gives the player much greater flexibility in team composition as Clair got Flashing Blade built into her Weapon, whereas Cordelia hogs Heavy Blade Sacred Seal and using her means the player would be much more limited when it comes to Galeforce variety.

Cherche also does not shit on Beruka because they occupy completely different roles. It would be like saying Siegbert completely shits on Ares on Player Phase, because no shit Siegbert is better when we are talking exclusively about Player Phase. However, Ares often is not even built as a Player Phase unit anyways as he is generally built as a Counter-Vantage unit, so comparing Siegbert and Ares is completely pointless when their roles do not even match. I could just as easily say that Beruka completely shits on Cherche because Cherche cannot tank things like Beruka can, which is completely not the point of running Cherche.

Haar being worse than Cherche simply does not matter in most cases. There is a reason why people continue to build multiple Dancers/Singers despite already having VS!Azura. A Dancer/Singer being worse than VS!Azura simply does not matter. The only thing that really matters is that the Dancer/Singer can provide buffs and got Wings of Mercy. For Haar, the only thing that really matters is that he annihilates most blues and some portion of greens. Being able to annihilate more greens like Cherche simply is not necessary in most cases when he will have a red ally who can take care of enemy greens.

Subaki, Cormag, and Altena are also completely different units. Subaki is a Spd tank. Altena a slow Def tank. Cormag is better off as a Player Phase Galeforcer. Even if Jill occupies one of those roles, redundancy is not a bad thing.

A unit also does not need to match the performance of a top tier unit to be useful. Laevatein shits on every single Player Phase infantry sword unit, and I do not see anyone complaining about Mareeta being underwhelming despite being 2 generations ahead of Laevatein.

To either awakening led by say ri or tellius led by Jill 

but then again the new legendary Edelgard trailer is making me think they want to switch to post TS 3H. Maybe the dimitri and Claude and then some BE are coming? 

31 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

It's quite appalling that Elincia's crew has no representation. 

26 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I still feel like if they ever wanted to add Kieran at any point, the Dauntless Crimeans banner would have been a good time since it added Oscar.

Yeah! And don't forget that Kieran would add a sorely needed axe cavalry to the regular pool. Why the heck is he not in yet... 😞