MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Kurisu maybe?

Then why the "ryu" and "sei"? *scratches head*
I swear, that name is a mystery...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Type-meme.

Apparently, yeah.
All I wanted to look up was what the heck kind of personality this character could possibly have. And that led to me discovering... well, that.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, look. A meme that could just as easily apply to Fire Emblem.

tenor.gif

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Last i checked FE doesn't have H-scenes 😛

Len had a H-scene afaik

Oh, I just meant the 1000 year old loli bit.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

inb4 the next FE has H-scenes. I'mma be like "Shrimpy, you jinxed it!!!" when that happens.

No! Bite your tongue!

Edited by twilitfalchion

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It depends. This is a short game about 2 characters, so i don't mind it much tbh. I usually want to develop my own units though in longer games.

Oh, you do get to-The mercenaries return every chapter-you just have to hire 'em. Once you hit certain benchmarks, (usually level 10, and happiness points, but those are basically automatic) they get a side mission and become permanently recruited.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Berwick is something i don't think i will every try. Hexagon tiles aside, from what i seen and heard, the hitrates in general are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry low.

Eeehhhh...In the earlygame, at least, and there are several ways to mitigate this-Supporter for Adel and Leon, Aim for Sylvis and Christine, good sword skill for Elbert, Iado for Faye and Volo, Volo being broken as hecc, etc. The hitrates also become quite high around chapter 4's main mission, I'd say.

I should stop being so pushy about telling people to do stuff. Sorry!

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

The hitrates also become quite high around chapter 4's main mission, I'd say.

How high are we talking here? 90+?

Also 4 chapters of low Hit rates sounds absolutely yikes, ngl

I should stop being so pushy about telling people to do stuff. Sorry!

It's not like you are a pointing gun on my head XD

Edited by Shrimperor

38 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, look. A meme that could just as easily apply to Fire Emblem.

Your Teehee tirade ends here twilitfalchion! Gaze upon the Claw of the Conciliator and be redeemed!

Edited by Wraith

I am supposed to write the new chapter for The Dying Kingdom right now, but... I'm having a mental blockade that just won't go away.
Friggin' hell... I wanted to get the upload schedule back on track after posting late the last few times...

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I am supposed to write the new chapter for The Dying Kingdom right now, but... I'm having a mental blockade that just won't go away.
Friggin' hell... I wanted to get the upload schedule back on track after posting late the last few times...

I know that feel too well.

It's like, after the first few chapters your drive to write kinda goes away?

That, and writing blocks ugh

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And endings. I hate writing endings. They always feel too sudden or awkward when I try to write them.

Of course, I should finishing writing my latest story today, but UBW has been keeping me occupied.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Mostly the latter, in my case. I have every intention to keep writing, but I just keep having troubles to put the words on (virtual) paper the way I would want them to.
That's why I'm so miffed about it.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And endings. I hate writing endings. They always feel too sudden or awkward when I try to write them.

That, too.
Though writing the ending, or at least a rough outline of it, first usually helps. At least a little bit.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Good endings in fiction are a rare thing, sadly.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I have every intention to keep writing, but I just keep having troubles to put the words on (virtual) paper the way I would want them to.

It's same with anything in life tbh. Thinking about it is much easier than doing it

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

How high are we talking here? 90+?

(More detailed explanation in spoiler)

Ward, Volo, Clifford, Owen, Sylvis, Christine (somewhat) Faramir and a trained Faye stand out the most to me-Reese also ain't bad at all. Aegina's also pretty okay and always attacks twice or more with wind magic. Pallas Riana is seriously busted, though.

Hitrates continuously go up as the game progresses and you get good equipment.

Also, important: Make sure you talk to Czene with Reese in chapter 2's main mission or she won't be recruited and you'll miss several side maps that have lucrative rewards.

Spoiler

Varies by the unit and how much you've used them-Skill in weapons is really important.

Also, the main reason the earlygame is inaccurate is starting equipment being suck-Sherlock suffers the most from this because both his bows and arrows suck.

People who start accurate/Have skills that make them accurate: Adel/Leon, (supporter is really important for both of 'em-They'll both be in the high 80's or 90's with it.) Ward, (Really great Jagen for this game, his base stats are good enough for endgame, apparently.) Elbert with swords (should be around 75 hit with that and it should go up quickly, but with spears, he's way worse), Christine with crossbows (Or Aim), Sylvis (Aim is a lifesaver and her equipment is great, Volo, Faramir (who joins 'round chapter 3 or 4 IIRC) Kramer to some extent, Clifford, Owen are the first ones to pop out for me.

Honorable mentions to Faye, who starts with a fairly low sword skill base, but gains tons of it and will probably be the first to reliably get 100 hit without needing skills-She also has Iado, which essentially guaruntees a hit on a counterattack IF she procs it (IIRC she has a decent chance to do so) and her prf weapon is quite good. She can reach 60+% chance to proc adept after a while.

Dean's also quite good IMO.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also 4 chapters of low Hit rates sounds absolutely yikes, ngl

Well, low hitrates for certain units in particular. Even with skills, nobody except for Aegina with Focus Chant or Sylvis with Aim will hit 100 hit for a long while. Still, you will have many units who will be fairly reliable. Again, Sylvis is amazing, as much for her equipment as her skills and WepSkill.

Still, I will say that skills>Stats in this game-Elbert's really good because he has provoke, Sherlock has One-Two and Double shot, meaning every four turns he can unleash big damage. (If he hits, that is. He's probably the least accurate unit you start with.) Adel and Leon are both saved by Supporter, and both get specific niches because of their skills-Adel has vantage, which is really fun to abuse, and Leon has deathmatch, although Volo does use it better.

TL;DR the earlygame is a lot about using skills effectively to get the highest hit possible.

Anyways, I'll talk more about specifics if you do start the game.

Also: A chapter consists of a main mission and two (usually two, and they're usually optional) side missions which are usually shorter-But Reese and Ward, (The two "Lords" ) can't be used in these side missions.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof. Feels bad. Super relateable.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Says the guy who wrote at least two awesome bad ends. XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It's same with anything in life tbh. Thinking about it is much easier than doing it

Truth.
I don't know if that happens to you, but sometimes, a scene would play out in my head that is completely awesome, but once I write it down, it's like "wtf is this crap?"
This is what's currently going on with the newest chapter.

Oof. Feels bad. Super relateable.

Yeah...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, those kind of writing troubles suck.

Though it's worse when you just don't feel like wanting to write... or do much of anything in general, really.

True.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

True.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Also true.

Edited by twilitfalchion

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

I will say that skills>Stats in this game

While that sounds good on paper, there are ways to do that that doesn't make it an absolute RNGfest. 

Maybe later on, but i am really not that interested in Berwick atm, sorry.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Bad endings don't conclude stories, and thus are easier to write imo xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't know if that happens to you, but sometimes, a scene would play out in my head that is completely awesome, but once I write it down, it's like "wtf is this crap?"

totally xD

Serenes pls

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Bad endings don't conclude stories, and thus are easier to write imo xD

Okay, that's true.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

totally xD

The trick is usually to just say "screw it" and leave it as is. But that step can be a hard one to take, especially when it comes to things you want to share with others.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Serenes pls

inb4 another post massacre

---

Random, maybe, but because I'm listening to the song right now: Extella Link has a great opening theme.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

While that sounds good on paper, there are ways to do that that doesn't make it an absolute RNGfest. 

Most skills aren't RNG controlled at all, but I do get what you mean.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe later on, but i am really not that interested in Berwick atm, sorry.

vnLfVfx.jpg

Just kidding, that's fine.

Just remember that Kaga always does it first!