• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

First sentence: ''As all japanese people know, armor knights are useless''

This is a wrong website! Gilliam, Bors, Wendy and Arden are lowkey top-tier!

You know what, I feel like google translating FE7's plot.

Let's start with Hector mode, chapter 11.

Spoiler

The original:

A month has passed since word came of Marquess Pherae's disappearance. Rumors and speculation run rampant throughout Lycia . The head of House Ostia, Lord Uther, takes no apparent interest. The marquess's younger brother is considered odd by the populace. He and Marquess Pherae's son, Eliwood, are fast friends. A hot-blooded youth, he cannot ignore his friend's plight. Marquess Ostia's younger brother, Hector. He would one day be a courageous general, a steel warrior to be feared. The path he chooses will test him to the limits of his strength.

Post-translation.

"A month ago, the Marquis lost. Rumors and murders spread in Lycia. The house of the northern master in Ostia is not interested. Residents see strange Marquis sister. He soon opens with his son Marquez Ferry, Ellie. Sister Aster Hector One day she was afraid of becoming a general, an iron warrior. The method you choose will test your health."

Hector: Yes! Syndicate !! where are you !? Is that true
Asun: Lord Hector! cool!
Hector: Of course! Go!
Read more: Good enough! What does this mean
Hector: You know better! Miss Marconi is gone!
Helper: We talk about it a lot. This question has nothing to do with Ostu. We have no reason to participate. That would be crazy.
Hector Hacker: I don't have a father in Hollywood, it's a shame! We infer that the loss of markets is related to some extent. I mean, we used the power of Ostia to discover the secret and discover the truth!
Suffice it to say: Silence, friend! Attack would be stupid! Lysia can withstand the pressures of such environments. Of course you have to understand that!
Hector Douglas: B*tch ... Look, brother! Sit at the table Sit underneath it until it's better! I'll do it myself !!
Asun: Lord Hector! You need to see the song ...
Meath: Peace, Auschwitz. go away. When he does not sleep.
Asun: …….

Vote: It's me
Hector: You ... are not a listener. Because public transport is carried out
Vote: Do not control the widget? I'll take you here. One of your favorite poems. According to Myler, he gradually bought two employees and left after returning to take care of the land.
Hector: All right. Matthew Don't look at your brother now.
Vote: Why did I buy it for you?
Hector: I have more ideas than I can imagine. Do you trust my cousin? Who knows what will happen if he wants to make me better? !! I will go alone!
Voting - mother. You don't have to go anywhere without lightning. Why, the need for a section has a reason!
Hector: Huh ... I'm not.
Vote: I think I'm scared now. assistant, see them

(Loss)

Factory: Yes, yes, yes, it's very easy for him. I can't believe ... Time's up ... I have to go here to find Wood. This is a bag. What should I put in my kitchen?

Hector: All right. Even two installations are fine. (True) ....... Come. I know you exist.

(The enemy appears)

Address number: ......
Hector: Who are you?
Address number: ......
Hector: Do whites want to talk? I will not forgive you

(Hell, he makes enemies, but he disappears.)

Factory
Vote: What? God! I held your hand
Factory: Who is Matthew? I know I'm one of you
Vote: I don't have one and I love it
Hector: You're wrong. What are you doing here, sister?
Vote: No I don't know I'm doing anything wrong to help you.
Hector: I helped ... I accepted the answer immediately.
Vote: What should you do?
What is a rector?
Vote: There is no way between us. Seven of them are eight; They have the power to do bad things. I know you believe in your military experience. But I was weak in battle.
Hector: When you find this song, it's Matthew.
Vote: I think I'm opening the door. I am sure the royal staff is ready to help us.
Not soap
Vote: Do you think I should stop killing? Yes or no?
Hector: You can do it again if you want.
Matthew: God didn't say that. He is with you everywhere
Rascal: No, make fun of them and get out of here.

Alrighty, done with FFXIII-2. 

Overall, not nearly as good as the first one. 

Battle system is lacking In comparison. 

Characters arent nearly as interesting either. I'll add more as I think of it.

Doing one of the sidequests in Torna, i came across one of my favorite interactions in the game

IMG_20200725_214822.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214824.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214826.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214828.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214911.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214913.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214915.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214918.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215028.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215030.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215032.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215034.jpg?width=709&height

I did say earlier that i don't think Torna's campfire chats are suitable HtH replacements (even though i still like them) but ultimaly, i don't mind that too much because there's still plenty of character interaction to go around in this game. Torna sidequests are generally good because of it.

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Doing one of the sidequests in Torna, i came across one of my favorite interactions in the game

IMG_20200725_214822.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214824.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214826.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214828.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214911.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214913.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214915.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_214918.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215028.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215030.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215032.jpg?width=709&height

IMG_20200725_215034.jpg?width=709&height

I did say earlier that i don't think Torna's campfire chats are suitable HtH replacements (even though i still like them) but ultimaly, i don't mind that too much because there's still plenty of character interaction to go around in this game. Torna sidequests are generally good because of it.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there, Tornas character development is so amazing. I totally agree with you.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

This song is so chill, I can't stop listening to it. Simply beautiful.

And it don't stop there. Trails music is consistently great.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

...actually, i don't think rocket launchers are weapons in X.

They aren't, no dedicated rocket launchers exist.

The closest things are the Fire Carnival, Missile Volley, and Thermal Payload Arts of the Gatling Gun, they shot do missiles. That isn't insignificant, the Gatling Gun has 9 Arts total. Bullet Twister, Bullet Storm, and Hellfire shoot actual Gatling bullets, but the last three Arts are two Auras and a Buff, so the GG is equal parts bullets and missiles. All the bullet-based Arts deal weapon damage- the attribute matches the equipped weapon's- while all the missile-based Arts are fixed to Thermal.

I would guess the Gatling Gun got a couple missiles tossed in because there is only so much you can do with a ton of bullets and all that weight the weapon has limits fancy waving of it around. Good luck doing Sliding Slinger with one of those. (There is also the Missile Barrel Art of the novelty Multigun.)

And if a grenade launcher is close enough for you, Flash Grenade, Flame Grenade, Burst Grenade, Grenade Blitz, and Quick Cannon define the Assault Rifle as having a grenade launcher mode. Conventional ammo is used on the Arts offense for only Furious Blast and Takedown Shot. Assault Hammer and Assault Breaker smack the enemy with the bayonet of the AR- they count as Melee Arts even. Infuriate and Decoy Round do shoot conventional ammo into the air for the sake of Taunting the foe, but they don't deal any damage. So the Assault Rifle has more grenades in its Arts lineup than standard munitions.

The Skells have L(Large)-Missile and M(Micro)-Missile weapons/Arts. But I don't remember what L-Missiles look like. Oh, and Avatara Missiles on the Ares- which are a bunch of chakram-shaped explosive rounds (Thermal damage yet again, only Missile Barrel, Flash Grenade, and some L- and M-Missiles aren't).

What can be concluded from the above, is that there isn't a Dominia-into-Kislev-sized giant rocket attack, it's always a rapid squall of smaller projectiles barring L-Missiles. They could add one of those in X2.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

You know what, I feel like google translating FE7's plot.

Let's start with Hector mode, chapter 11.

Machine-translations are always funny, because you don't know how they'll turn out, but you know they're mostly not right. The fun is in seeing what the worst of it is.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Factory
Vote: What? God! I held your hand
Factory: Who is Matthew? I know I'm one of you
Vote: I don't have one and I love it
Hector: You're wrong. What are you doing here, sister?
Vote: No I don't know I'm doing anything wrong to help you.
Hector: I helped ... I accepted the answer immediately.
Vote: What should you do?
What is a rector?
Vote: There is no way between us. Seven of them are eight; They have the power to do bad things. I know you believe in your military experience. But I was weak in battle.
Hector: When you find this song, it's Matthew.
Vote: I think I'm opening the door. I am sure the royal staff is ready to help us.
Not soap
Vote: Do you think I should stop killing? Yes or no?
Hector: You can do it again if you want.
Matthew: God didn't say that. He is with you everywhere
Rascal: No, make fun of them and get out of here.

My reaction:

others1.png

Did the script swap names for Hector and Matthew midway through? The last line indicates it wasn't even sticking to the right name once it found it. Oh, and Matthew is very religious, writing scripture must be his unmentioned hobby.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I did say earlier that i don't think Torna's campfire chats are suitable HtH replacements (even though i still like them) but ultimaly, i don't mind that too much because there's still plenty of character interaction to go around in this game. Torna sidequests are generally good because of it

It's weird that a cast of 9 can get intimate characterization in a short game (though TBH most exist in the maingame too- albeit holoAddam isn't a remotely real person and Minoth... how did the old man smile when it came to Amalthus IIRC?), when a lot of games in the JRPG genre struggle with comparable or less in cast-size.

But yeah, that was a good conversation. I remembered part of it at least. A lot of Torna has faded now, just as I'm rediscovering a lot of conversations I had forgotten replaying XCX. When it comes to other Torna convos that have endured in the noggin, the one with Jin and Minoth, the cookoff, and the insect quest with Brighid using her diary for some reason readily enter my mind. I'm afraid my recollection of Torna Aegaeon is almost gone.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Purchased Tales of Zestiria on Humble Bundle for $10. I may or may not play it at the moment, as i'm still going through my Torna replay, as well as playing through Origami King, but i have it there. The sale was expiring in a few hours and hey, $10 for a JRPG isn't a bad deal at all.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's weird that a cast of 9 can get intimate characterization in a short game (though TBH most exist in the maingame too- albeit holoAddam isn't a remotely real person and Minoth... how did the old man smile when it came to Amalthus IIRC?), when a lot of games in the JRPG genre struggle with comparable or less in cast-size.

Honestly, even with cases of character irrelevancy syndrome in some of the games, the Xeno series has always excelled at great characterization, even when it feels like they shouldn't have. Like, Torna had a lot of it with a cast of 9 in a 15-20 hour campaign and Future Connected is even more impressive in this regard. Nene and Kino matter absolutely nothing to the plot, even less so than Riki in the main story, but in an epilouge story where it only takes like 10-12 hours to 100%, Nene and Kino got so much characterization, it's impressive.

If we look at just Xenoblade, besides the world design, i feel that the characterization is the other defining part of it, even more so than it's story writing (though Xenoblade 1 is the exception here, it's character writing isn't bad at all, but the game is very centralized on Shulk).

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm afraid my recollection of Torna Aegaeon is almost gone.

Tbf, his presance in Torna is probably the smallest out of the 9. Although i guess he is the silent type anyway.

At any rate, just like you're rediscovering things in Xenoblade X, i'm doing the same with Torna. I've been screenshotting a lot of convos (and i really wish screen record was patched in for XC2 and Torna).

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

others1.png

Did the script swap names for Hector and Matthew midway through? The last line indicates it wasn't even sticking to the right name once it found it. Oh, and Matthew is very religious, writing scripture must be his unmentioned hobby.

I think it did swap their names, actually.

Also, I am concerned by that image.

Well then, onto Chapter H11: Birds of a feather!

Spoiler

OG:

Hector leaves Ostia. He moves towards Santaruz to meet up with Eliwood as quickly as possible. He encounters a mysterious group whose dark garb hide an even darker secret. Perhaps these same powers have turned their blades on Eliwood...Hector hurries south, praying for his friend's safety.

Better version:

Hector left Austria. Santaruza quickly meets Hollywood. He hides a secret and finds a secret band dressed in black. Hollywood is also in power ... Hector prayed for your friend.

Open the newsletter

Matthew: Maazi Hector! I know where Lord Elwood is. Santaruja joined here nearby
    Hector: Really? Good to read his book. Follow south of the chic area and head for Santa.
    Serra: Oh! You! Ha!
    Matthew: Oh ...
    Hector: Serra? What are you doing here?
    Serra: Is it possible to meet Lord Hollywood? Yes, I want to go!
    Hector: Go home! Does not work
    Serra: But Oswin told me it would be good to go there.
    Hector: Asvin?
    Asvin: Yes, listen. Instead, I became a close friend of Marc Serry.
    Hector: Bach, cheerful. Is that the last word, bro?
    Asvin: Whatever you want, Lord Hector will take care of you. You are a single family
    Hector: But m ...
    Matthew: Maazi Hector! Apura! He seems to be suffering
    Hector: Where's Elewood? Apura! Let's go! May! Auschwitz! Matthew!
    Matthew: Yes!
    Serra: Oh! I'm waiting for you! I'm back!

(Change location when added to Hector folder)

Hector: Yes! What happened here? How are you! Do you want to stay there?
    Sale: what do you think? Santaruz. The reason is that there is no problem with immigrants.
    Hector: I want to agree with you. Do you love enemies who become my friends?
    Shop Store: Friends? ... Urugu !!
    Hector: I’m not happy, but I’m acting
    Serra: Evvv! I hate this violence!
    Matthew: Don't worry! Not people.
    Oswin: I can't use violence ...
    Hector: Owen was tortured. We have to fight these thieves first! Apura! We want to help Eliva!
    Asvin: Will you help Elijah?
    Hector: Oh!
    Asvin: Yes, soon!
    Hector: Dead! Import and close cycle tracking
    Matthew: No! Secretary ... Serra
    Serra :! Dean! Now I want to go with you!
    Hector: Remember! You saved us! zzz
    Serra: Oh! Good afternoon!
    Hector: Oh! Here we go

After the war

Hector: Eyelashes ... nothing good?
    Surprising: A hectare! Where are you from?
    Hector: Hi Elewood.
    Fear: Yes, but ... what are you doing here?
    Hector: I understand!
    Fear: what does it mean?
    Hector: Do you want your father? Why send a message?
    Music: His brother Mark Ostia. The trial will be open. God protects you, you brother.
    Hector: Weak. Yes, he said something publicly, but I know who I am, and let him go.
    Fear: Is it true? Accept your love! Hectar welcomes you.
    Hector: I don't think so. You know, Osini, you don't know?
    Aswin: Good afternoon, Lord Elwood.
    Hollywood: Owin, glad to see you again.
    Oswin: Yes, Lord Heather Hector is afraid of loneliness. Ordered to inspect it.
    Fear: Yes, it's true! Me! Good to be with him
    Serra: Hectare! Why don't they call it a war!
    Matthew: I have to. I will not stop!
    Music: Hector, your best friend?
    Hector: Oh ... yes, I think so. Maybe more important, but ...
    Serra: No eyes! I can't believe it! What does he say?
    Matthew: Yes? He's talking to you!
    Fear: Hectare, why don’t we give up?
    Hector: Segunda Serra does Lola or not Lola.
    Serra: Yes, I'm with Serra. The heart is very sweet.
    Hector: He hid a lot with Matthew.
    Matt: Sit down.
    Hollywood: thanks ...
    Matt: Hey ... and ... uh ... shoot, pick up the door, the box ... I have a beast
    Fear: He looks like a thief ...
    Hector: Also ... don't worry.
    Music:… mana…
    Hector: At this point you think it’s harder than you think. If you want to live, you have to take care of everything.
    Fear: what grows on one hectare of land? I know that
    Hector: They didn’t plan anything. However, there are rumors that Lins' team will find a good hunter and defender in Lycia ...
    Fashion: I remember someone coming to tell me everything.
    Hector: What?
    Virtual: Lord Elliot, if possible?
    Wait

My favorite part was where Serra's name became Fear.

Trails music is consistently great.

Damn!

I missed the end of the Ao no Kiseki speedrun of a close friend on RPGLimitbreaker because I overslept till 7 AM.

Why didn't have to sleep that long today!?

It never happened on any other day... sigh

Anyways I recommend this channel to all Trails and Falcom fans.

Olivier x Claude

C

Spoiler

Claude: Huh, from where does this strange music come from so early?

Well, If it isn't Olivier. 

Olivier: Yes, in flesh and blood. Good morning, my leader! What a nice day it is today, right!?

Claude: So nice that you had to kick everyone out from their bed?

Olivier: Ah, my music shall grant everyone soothing strength for our next battles.

Claude: Relaxing you say, hmm? I think giving the people a bit more sleep would have done it too, don't you think?

Olivier: It's a proven ritual. ...Soft music will release the person's tension and also open people's heart. I learned it from my travels through Zemuria.

Claude: I see. Though I think you might have played some wrong notes. It sounded... a bit dissonant for my ears.

Olivier: Oh? Hehe... I assume you have never faced the power of the lute, the "weapon" of peacefulness, happiness and love.

Claude: Well, actually you're not wrong me not ever hearing, much less playing a lute.

Olivier: You see!? Then it would be my pleasure, me Olivier Lenheim, you, Claude von Riegen, to introduce you the power of the lute, the music which melts stones into lava and conquers the people's heart. 

Claude: ...You're quite the ambitious as poetic one.

Olivier: ...Heehee, don't think too much of it. By the way would it mind you to show me bit of the area inside and outside of the monastry? It would be a golden opportunity to get to know more about the landscape and the people here.

Claude: ...I don't know if it's a good idea to introduce you to foreign people.

Olivier: No need to concern. I'm compatible to everyone!

Claude: ...That's not quite what I meant. But whatever, I accept this deal. It will go wrong anyways...

Olivier: Great! We will have a marvelous time together, Milord Claude.

Claude: Sheesh... if he replaced we by I, he would be right... Oh man, I just hope he will not embarrasse me.

Falcom Knight?

That was me, yes.

Edited by Julian Teehee

Trying to play Dragon Quest V
Presses Continue
Where is my save data?
WHERE IS MY SAVE DATA?!?
tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Julian Teehee said:

Olivier x Claude

C

Reveal hidden contents

Claude: Huh, from where does this strange music come from so early?

Well, If it isn't Olivier. 

Olivier: Yes, in flesh and blood. Good morning, my leader! What a nice day it is today, right!?

Claude: So nice that you had to kick everyone out from their bed?

Olivier: Ah, my music shall grant everyone soothing strength for our next battles.

Claude: Relaxing you say, hmm? I think giving the people a bit more sleep would have done it too, don't you think?

Olivier: It's a proven ritual. ...Soft music will release the person's tension and also open people's heart. I learned it from my travels through Zemuria.

Claude: I see. Though I think you might have played some wrong notes. It sounded... a bit dissonant for my ears.

Olivier: Oh? Hehe... I assume you have never faced the power of the lute, the "weapon" of peacefulness, happiness and love.

Claude: Well, actually you're not wrong me not ever hearing, much less playing a lute.

Olivier: You see!? Then it would be my pleasure, me Olivier Lenheim, you, Claude von Riegen, to introduce you the power of the lute, the music which melts stones into lava and conquers the people's heart. 

Claude: ...You're quite the poetic one.

Olivier: ...Heehee, don't think too much of it. By the way would it mind you to show me bit of the region here? It would be a golden opportunity to know more about the landscape and the people here.

Claude: ...I don't know if it's a good idea to introduce you to foreign people.

Olivier: No need to concern. I'm compatible to everyone!

Claude: ...That's not quite what I meant. But whatever, I accept this deal. It will go wrong anyways...

Olivier: Great! We will have a marvelous time together, Milord Claude. 

Claude: Sigh... if he replaced we by I, he would be right... Oh man, I just he don't drag me down and will embarrasse me.

Very nice! 👍
Olivert... erm, Olivier was perfect in this one! This is something I could really picture him doing.
"I'm compatible with everyone!" Love this quote in particular. Well done!

Done with watching the Ao speedrun.

Watching something for more than four hours without break can be tiresome.

Anyways it was a great run, feeling really happy for him.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Very nice! 👍
Olivert... erm, Olivier was perfect in this one! This is something I could really picture him doing.
"I'm compatible with everyone!" Love this quote in particular. Well done!

Ah, many thanks!

Updated it.

I think to do the next ranks next weekend since work will start again tomorrow (earlier because I cancelled second week) and I need to get out of the screen now. 

56 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

I think to do the next ranks next weekend since work will start again tomorrow (earlier because I cancelled second week) and I need to get out of the screen now. 

Take your time and good luck with work!

---

So, I'm currently continuing Prisma Illya and

I love all the callbacks to FSN. Even Shirou's final battle at the end of his backstory was basically the same as it's been in UBW. Only difference being that Shirou lost, because Angelica doesn't have Gilgamesh's arrogance that was his downfall. I also love that he and his Heroic Spirit self from the future essentially became one being. There is something kind of sweet about that when I remember how much Heroic Spirit Emiya hated Shirou. And I also realized why Kuro's skin tone is darker than Illya's: since she's partly born from Emiya's essence, so to speak, who also has a darker skin tone, it only makes sense that Kuro would, too. It also explains her sassyness compared to Illya. And yes, I also realize that I was slow on the uptake on that one.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Being Sakura is suffering isn't it? ;_;

Ayup. And Shinji is a shithead, no matter the universe.

Also, that version of Emiya's theme is flippin' epic! Still kinda prefer Illya's version, but whatevs. That version is awesome and that's that!

And it is also worth mentioning, especially as a mythology geek, that

I find the concept of a world in which Pandora's Box was never opened to be very interesting!

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ayup

Told ya 3rei ships someone else much heavier hehe

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And it is also worth mentioning, especially as a mythology geek

Yup, that's the point of divergence from normal FSN

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Told ya 3rei ships someone else much heavier hehe

Too bad that ship sunk... like really, really fast.

Unless Sakulot regains her sanity and isn't just a puppet that looks like Sakura.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup, that's the point of divergence from normal FSN

I knew it had to be something like that.
I'm having fun so far. I'm happy about those two chapters of levity between all the gloomy stuff, too.
Can't be edgy grimdark all the time or it'll just make it feel dull.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Too bad that ship sunk... like really, really fast.

We get Shirou x Angelica instead xD

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Can't be edgy grimdark all the time or it'll just make it feel dull.

Umu umu