• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Poppo!

That one was in my recommended after listening to the Ultmate Weapon Girl (Poppo edition) song.
I found it funny, so... yeah. XD

---

Also, don't ask me how, but I just now found out that Fate has a genderflipped version of Nobunaga Oda.
Because why wouldn't there be one of those?

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Fate genderflipped everything!

xD

Next thing you know, there will be a male Jeanne d'Arc. Or a male Elizabeth Bathory.
With the same personalities as their female counterparts.

Or even a male Astolf-- wait.

And Radiant Dawn part 1 is done. Endgame chapter was good. Nailah and BK cheesed most of it with some help from Sothe, but still a good map nonetheless.

RD Ch. 1-9 is probably one of the most tedious chapters I've ever played in a FE game though. Every enemy OHKO's Micaiah but you never know where the enemies are coming from, so it's just trial and error (with many resets) until you figure out where all the enemies are. At least that's how the experience was for me. Maybe there's some strategy I was missing.

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Shrimpy and The Roger to the rescue!
The .dsv file did the trick. It works!

DragonFlames' DQ5 progress being restored 

7ad.gif

I know it's not the same save file as before but shhhhh.

Another XCX log:

Spoiler

After a break, I got back to XCX. I started with Chapter 7, which is short and narratively almost entirely uneventful, except for one great Elma moment. As for the boss, I proved to myself that Skells are not needed against enemy mechs, I controlled Elma and it was effortlessly Overdriven. I wish the boss had a more dramatic end, or that they didn't end here at all, because they're perfectly tolerable, unlike that replacement villain brat called Ryyz who I want deader than anyone except Tatsu. Yes, they're worse than Luxaar.

Then, I did a little more questing in Oblivia while training Yelv, Boze, and Frye, I probed it to near-completion too, that way I could get to 40% in the region and to make Prone Sweet Prone available. I want my Xeno-utopia now and one side of the Ma-non Ship is entirely empty and begging for the Tree Clan to fill it.

I went and grabbed Elma, because I remembered there is a 40-something Zig right ahead when you pass through the narrow entrance to Scabland Fortress, and that will identify and kill you from a mile away, it might lose its proximity detection during a EM Storm, but the vision endures and it can see further ahead than Shulk. I Shadowran past the Zig, but couldn't quite figure out where the good Prone lay captive. I quick-traveled back to the Fortress entrance, which oddly puts you atop the roof of the narrow passage you had to walk through to get inside. From there, the Aerial Cam suggested the building was on a higher elevation, and I couldn't initially identify how to get up there. If I had my Skell License, I could've Skell-jumped up a cliff too tall and steep for the mims to climb (if only this game were BotW- XCX is the only XC where you can't climb but where it'd be most useful).

Instead, I had to do ALOT of Shadowrunning, turning left inside the complex from the Scabland entrance to reach the second "clearing", activating the FrontierNav site because it was right there, and then ascending a long slope, going past ruins and buildings, jumping over a narrow gap, ascending another building and jumping out of it, before at last arriving at the door where I could converse with the captive Prone so they could tell me to get the key card to open the door- which I'd have to repeat the long trek too. All in an area very dense in 40+ Ganglion, I gotta give it to them- they've built some nicely defended outposts on a wild planet in two years' time.

Two separate dots appeared for the next objective, not sure why, but I went for the nearer target, a peculiarly lvl 19 Prone in this far stronger area. You basically have to suicide mission this, because it doesn't matter if Shadowran, once you engage the peon, his stronger comrades will gang up on you and you have to kill him before they get you, that way when you respawn you'll still get the keycard. I failed in this twice and reset the game. Ya see, I remember hearing Prone Sweet Prone was glitched for some, making it impossible (and with it 100%ing the game) to complete, I saved right before accepting this mission and would not do that again until it was done to prevent being locked into the glitch. I decided to wait until I got my Skell License, that would shorten the amount of stealth I'd have to do, and it's extra HP and attack would make the suicide mission much easier.

As I didn't feel like the Skell License yet, I went to Blade Concourse to see what other missions where available, I saw the one to unlock Factory 1.21 was, so I went for that to add the second-to-last AM. I remembered it involved a survival battle, so I prepped an Overdrive in advance for Cross. I lost track of things and let my infinite Overdrive run out, I died with a mere 19 seconds left of the 3 minutes required. My second try after I rebuild my TP supply saw me killed almost instantly. I got Elma thinking she'd be the charm, nope, as I expected, Ghost Factory is weak against many enemies with multiple-hit attacks, she died.

Frustrated by two quests I really wanted to complete, that was enough for me to turn my legs around with tail tucked between them and go marching to beg Vandham for the Skell License. The 8 fetch quests it involves are all fairly simple, some of them I had already completed, and it was done in like fifteen minutes. With that, the slightly dramatic cutscene of boarding your first Skell happened, and the power of mecha was mine.

The Urban 20 is lacking however, Vandham was kind enough to give you a free Skell, apparently an extreme rarity, but it's the weakest in the game and he didn't bother to put any weapons on it besides sidearms. That means no Arts at all, thats very useless! Fortunately some Puges and Pugiliths earlier had dropped a few weapons for me to arm it with, and I bought a couple more in Armory Alley.

I gave the Urban 20 to one of the AI, because nobody but Cross is currently at or above lvl 30 for me. Cross was going to get a better Skell, I chose the most expensive available- an Amdusias, it cost 548k and nearly another 500k of my 2.5mil wallet to fill in its weapon slots with optimal storebought stuff. But it was worth it.

Because it is categorized as a Heavy Frame Skell, the KURENAI Overdrive means it's better with Melee weapons (which is what I exclusively gave it), and the visor's store-bought color was green, I'm considering renaming it "El-Stier". I'll repaint it to as closely match Rico's Gear as I can.

I took the Amdusias out for a spin on that earlier survival battle, I lost maybe 500 HP during the entire fight when I have like 12k. I was stomping on the endless foot soldiers like they were ants. The quantum leap in power that a Skell provides is extraordinary and no wonder it's so easy to forget how to fight well on foot after getting a Skell. Which is why I intend to try to self-control on Skell use from here on out.

Turns out I have to go to Sylvalum and collect a Spirit Wand in the area where Chapter 9 happens (not very far in) to finish the quest for Factory 1.21. My Wii U Gamepad was running low on juice, so that and Prone Sweet Prone will have to wait for my next play.

I considered taking pictures of all the Skell weapons, but there are too many. And the Skells without any weapons as the fresh Urban 20 showed look clean and simple, but the 8-10 weapons visibly worn on the Skells all at once really clutter them.

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And Radiant Dawn part 1 is done. Endgame chapter was good. Nailah and BK cheesed most of it with some help from Sothe, but still a good map nonetheless.

RD Ch. 1-9 is probably one of the most tedious chapters I've ever played in a FE game though. Every enemy OHKO's Micaiah but you never know where the enemies are coming from, so it's just trial and error (with many resets) until you figure out where all the enemies are. At least that's how the experience was for me. Maybe there's some strategy I was missing.

Now imagine this in hard mode, where the archers have near maxed speed. 

Also, giving Micaiah Resolve is something you can do to cheese it pretty easily. Well, you probably didn't remove it from Taureneo.

Edited by lightcosmo

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Haha, I love little bits of humor like that in games, like the sarcastic chests in Trails in the Sky.

Me too! It provides some much needed levity.
Since puns are a bit of a "passion" of mine, I loved this one in particular. XD

---
mAYo7Ft.png

Hakunon: Get rekt, Shirou.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Speaking of tedious chapters, the last few chapters of Thracia 776 are a nightmare. Although that game still causes me to suffer from PTSD induced nightmares, one fact remains crystal clear to me...

0CEF0DBE-FF1C-4E70-9935-0675CAE63E65.jpeg

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

This is the part I had to stop at last time In Super Thracia

1354868662_FireEmblem-Thracia776(Japan)000.png.f944b4928d5a7cab30c39db555fb0614.png

I hate this chapter... a lot.

Once again lightcosmo I have to question your sanity.

Just now, Wraith said:

Once again lightcosmo I have to question your sanity.

I burned it when I decided to play ST again.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do to clear that chapter, so I stopped playing. Any advice from ST pros would be greatly appreciated!

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This is the part I had to stop at last time In Super Thracia

1354868662_FireEmblem-Thracia776(Japan)000.png.f944b4928d5a7cab30c39db555fb0614.png

I hate this chapter... a lot.

FE4 taught me to hate groups of enemies in shaped formations like that. There's not much strategy in attacking a cluster of enemies in an open field.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

FE4 taught me to hate groups of enemies in shaped formations like that. There's not much strategy in attacking a cluster of enemies in an open field.

Well, in this particular chapter, you have to escape with all your units, and the map is like 30/90 in size.

1355954707_FireEmblem-Thracia776(Japan)001.png.c4848209b187e615dbd04b2036bdc654.png

Map is so big I couldn't screen cap it all.

Also, I need to recruit 3? characters.

Galzus, Misha, and Conomore.

Edited by lightcosmo