Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

One detail I forgot, but as expected by this point, Gault 1 carries the Berkut's paint scheme.

So, Mission 17, the assault on Avalon. The mission has two parts. First is to fly through a canyon, facing against pockets of anti-air weaponry and even a few planes. Like in AC5's Mission 23, flying above the rim of the canyon is a no-go. Thankfully, the canyon is wide enough to make circles inside to destroy everything. Reaching the Dam proper, second half begins. As soon as it begins, a countdown for the launch of V2 begins. It's difficulty dependent and for Normal it's seven minutes. Three control devices must be destroyed within the time limit, and then each only shows up after destroying their four locks each. This all is within the facility in, that's right, a long tunnel. Because it's not Ace Combat if you're not flying through tunnels. Unlike others, this one has various entrances, though they will be closing as the clock runs down.

There are a few aces to spawn, but in light of the mission, I couldn't trigger them all. The ones I did was Ritter in a F/A-22A Raptor, spawning west of the dam by scoring enough points. He carries the plane's paint scheme, and lives. Only other was Pyoshka in an EF-2000 Typhoon, which spawns after the mission update. She also lives.

One thing I forgot to say. Since Mission 13, PJ was promoted to Galm 2, after Pixy disappeared. He too can't be switched his plane, a F-16C Fighting Falcon. Just special weapon. And I bring this up because right after the missions ends...

Patrick James Beckett | Acepedia | Fandom

A laser gets him. RIP. Said laser came from...

"Yo buddy, still alive?"

Cue Mission 18... with no chance to save. Hmm...

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Is serenes finally reaching enlightment?

Kali_and_Bhairava_in_Union.jpg

Maybe. If waifunion is practiced not for the sake of pleasure, but for meditating upon the divine and contemplating the true nature of the world and what is moral, then yes, it is a step towards enlightenment.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Just... just picturing it...
"Another obstacle in the way of juicetice has fallen before me!"
"I will become an ally of juicetice!"
XD

There is no such thing as juicetice, everybody knows that. When you squeeze the life out of others, when you wring confessions out of those you accuse of wrongdoing, when you beat them to a pulp, press them into lives of 'oil, and strain them of their dignity, there is no juicetice. You're no different from the brandisher of the cat-o'-cock-tails.

Mission 18...

It's just a straight up duel against Pixy. As fitting to being the final boss, he flies an experimental plane. Or more like, the actual working design, the ADFX-02 Morgan. As fitting to being a final boss, Morgan will take several missiles to take down. Almost twenty, if I counted right. Also fitting to being a final boss, the battle against Pixy is a three-phase fight.

On the first phase he'll use the Morgan's TLS, the Tactical Laser System. It has a set range, but moves very fast. Second phase Pixy will use the MPBM, Multi-Purpose Bust Missiles. Basically creates a big explosion area that must be avoided.

During all this, Morgan itself is no slouch. Very maneuverable and capable of sharp turning. The mission timer is ten minutes... and sometimes it will feel like not enough time, as it will... Dodge. Everything. Over. And. Over. Sheesh! However, once third phase begins... it's a whole new level. Using the last of Morgan's SP's, the ECMP, Electric Counter Measure Pod. It can be summed up like this:

Meme thread (post em here) | Fandom

That's right, for the last phase, only attacking it from the front will damage it. So basically, you have to approach Pixy head-on, as he does the same, and once getting within range you must quickly fire missiles and dodge as he does the same.

It's jousting. Air jousting.

Forget riding pegasi or wyverns or whatever. Planes is where all the cool air jousting is at it. Worse still, this is the moment Pixy activates the V2 launch. If the mission timer was still over six minutes, then forget, it drops to six minutes now. If it was under... well, I think it remains under. I think. Either way... fun times ahead!

But why just talk about it, when it can be shown!

The Aftermath.

Second
Part
Of The
Interviews
And
Ending

... and done. Phew. I've finished the Ace Combat PS2 Trinity. Again. At least, the bare minimum. I might do a Special Continue and go through the Mercenary and Knight paths next.

Though that may be for next time.

And even if people don't really bother or care to comment about Ace Combat, it was still a fun ride to write it down. I know what this place prefers to talk about, and that's okay.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Super Thracia FoW sucks. Pure white screen is blinding.

There. Fixed that for you.

I hate FoW in every FE game. It's better in some games than in others, but I still hate it anyway. Thracia's is especially bad from what I've heard.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Majestic Mordred

:concern:

1 hir party wipe attack

Fair and balanced

I think that since its optional, they just decided to make it crazy absurd.

There are good ways around it, but I wont spoil it for you! 

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I hate FoW in every FE game. It's better in some games than in others, but I still hate it anyway. Thracia's is especially bad from what I've heard.

Oh, thank you! 

Yeah, I dont really appreciate it either! 

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

FE has permadeath, thats the problem with it. It could still bite in Advance Wars, but if you lose a Mid Tank to a hidden enemy Rocket, you could buy another (unless it was all predeployed and FoW- those were mean). Helps that by AW: Days of Ruin, they made it so the AI had to obey the same rules as you, no seeing everything while you can't.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

the AI had to obey the same rules as you, no seeing everything while you can't.

I'd think this is really the only issue with FoW. Thracia making it so the map itself was also darkened feels more like a "Hard Mode" version of FoW... then again, Thracia was not designed to be easy. Still, FoW in general has been fine post-T776, except for the AI thing.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

they made it so the AI had to obey the same rules as you, no seeing everything while you can't.

This will make FoW 1000x times better.

Infact, FE7x does it like that, and FoW becomes kinda enjoyable then, even.

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm confused, are you facing Mordred or the one at sword valley?

I'm at Machina capital atm. Sword Valley was loooooooong ago haha.

I didn't face Mordred yet (it's lvl70, i am 63), but Centeral factory was full of this giant thingies that have Titan stomp...

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I didn't face Mordred yet (it's lvl70, i am 63), but Centeral factory was full of this giant thingies that have Titan stomp...

Do you have Monado Armor? If so, Titan stamp will be a joke to you.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

If i get a vision tag. Sometimes Ai attacks with Titam Stomp without vision Tags...

Not Shield, Armor. The one that reduces damage taken by 75% at max level? As long as you apply that as often as you can, easy peasy.

Americans after receiving basic healthcare

Ed5GdBTVAAALcza?format=jpg&name=large

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

This is the part I had to stop at last time In Super Thracia

1354868662_FireEmblem-Thracia776(Japan)000.png.f944b4928d5a7cab30c39db555fb0614.png

I hate this chapter... a lot.

Why are you doing this to yourself?

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I

Hate

Titan Stamp

So

Fucking

Much

Titan Stamp.gif

3vIZean.gif

39 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah in Thracia, FoW is just pitch black. In the other games, the map itself is still visable.

Honestly, FoW does not work in a game like FE. Works better in RTS games like Valkyria Chronicles. In that series, you have units specifically designed for scouting out hidden enemies.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

FYI, you're getting close to the expiry date for a bunch of quests. If you wish to do any of them, now's your chance.

Btw, since you're already in Agniritha, how would you rank each of the Mechonis area themes? Both day and night (though only Sword Valley, Fallen Arm and Agniritha have night themes).

15 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Not Shield, Armor. The one that reduces damage taken by 75% at max level? As long as you apply that as often as you can, easy peasy.

yeah, i know.

It's not max level yet, and i can't keep it up 24/7 since Auto attacks are slow af

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ed5GdBTVAAALcza?format=jpg&name=large

I spot a Nopon

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Titan Stamp.gif

accurate xD

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Works better in RTS games like Valkyria Chronicles.

Helps that in Valkyria Chronicles you can save your units before they perma die.

Btw, VC is still a SRPG. RTS games are game like Starcraft and Command and Conquer

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FYI, you're getting close to the expiry date for a bunch of quests. If you wish to do any of them, now's your chance.

I already did everything that was available before the Capital. I just got a bunch of new sidequests in the capital and decided to stop for today xD

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Btw, since you're already in Agniritha, how would you rank each of the Mechonis area themes? Both day and night (though only Sword Valley, Fallen Arm and Agniritha have night themes).

I like the Centeral Factory's one the most. Although i didn't listen to the capital ones enough yet