• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

So now that i'm finally replaying Sunshine with a more critical eye (since i couldn't do that when i was younger), here's my thoughts so far.

• The core gameplay is very smooth. Like i said before, i think Sunshine has better movement than Odyssey.
  • On the flip side, Odyssey has better level variety. As far as level design goes, i feel like both are equal but Sunshine's focus on it's tropical island theming is both a blessing and a curse. 
  • Sunshine's OST is kinda weak ngl. It's not 3D Land levels of weak but a lot of the songs just blend together. Apart from Delfino Island and secret level themes, Sunshine's OST does not reach the memorable heights of the Galaxy games, 64 and Odyssey. Hell, even 3D World has a better OST imo.

On the second point, I do think there was room for a little more variety within the tropical theme of Sunshine, enough maybe for another two worlds. I want to say there was room for something more mountainous, perhaps with a little snow even at the summit. Bianco Hills is basically a golf course, Pianta Village is atop a giant tree, and Corona Mountain is a short indoors lava level, none of them capture what I have in mind. I'd add some plantations nestled in fertile volcanic soil to the scenery, that is coming to mind as pleasing to me. Not sure what a second good additional world idea based on IRL islands would be, but I'm sure there is one.

And now that I think about it, there's water water everywhere, but Noki Bay (with those terrible helmeted stints) and Gelato Beach don't actually have much underwater "fun", nothing really like Jolly Roger Bay & Dire Dire Docks or any of the SMG water worlds. Ironically, SMS is probably be the worst in water levels. Fine by me, seeing Unagi again in the 3D All Stars trailer brought back bad memories.

On the third point, the loop on SMS songs comes fairly soon too. And as an aside, while I don't think SMO's soundtrack is bad, for some reason I can't bring myself to listen to it on the Internet very often, it isn't appealing, barring Jump Up Superstar and Break Free (and I listen to both the English and Japanese versions in the same session usually, there's something cross-cultural about doing that which I like).

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Daredevil Star on this Galaxy was hell for younger me.

I'm not sure if I ever completed that one. The one Daredevil where it isn't a boss, you'd think it'd be easy. Nope! 

Although it was Rolling Gizmo that really stopped me from 100%ing SMG1.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Galaxy games went all out with their OSTs.

When the music puts you in a rush.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, is there a recommended strat for Rebirth-3?

I'd like to not lose any more units (lost Gatrie already) but there's so many dragons.

Why do so many people have problems with that level?

I hope you blessed Double Bow and have Shinon.

If you havea good a Miccy and Blesses Nosferatu, she can Nosfetank half the map alone

Ike and some peeps should rush the boss.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, is there a recommended strat for Rebirth-3?

I'd like to not lose any more units (lost Gatrie already) but there's so many dragons.

I got stuck there too for several months-My advice would be:

• Be patient-The dragons are really annoying, so turtle 'em out-Took me about 15 turns.
  • Your dragons won't get attacked, so you can use them to choke points very well-And can grind up Kurthnaga very easily
  • Blood tide when dealing with the boss makes it somewhat manageable-A Marksman with the double bow also works because they can attack without fear. Rolf did great work for me here.
  • WATCH OUT FOR HIS AOE ATTACKS
  • Give someone dragonfoe, and make sure you have nihil on your best physical unit-That's your best bet for taking out Deghinsea. (He has ire, which is very annoying.)
  • White dragons are mages and red dragons are knights, pretty much. Nosferatanking can be good here if Miccy survives an attack.

It's at times like these where I curse my own uselessness, because me giving advice on Fire Emblem is like taking advice from a thief in security measures... i.e. both will inevitably end in disaster.

Edited by DragonFlames
grammar fail

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Why do so many people have problems with that level?

I hope you blessed Double Bow and have Shinon.

If you havea good a Miccy and Blesses Nosferatu, she can Nosfetank half the map alone

Ike and some peeps should rush the boss.

I don't have Shinon or the Double Bow. I can have to restart now, so I can give Miccy Nosferatu. It won't be blessed though. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I got stuck there too for several months-My advice would be:

• Be patient-The dragons are really annoying, so turtle 'em out-Took me about 15 turns.
  • Your dragons won't get attacked, so you can use them to choke points very well-And can grind up Kurthnaga very easily
  • Blood tide when dealing with the boss makes it somewhat manageable-A Marksman with the double bow also works because they can attack without fear. Rolf did great work for me here.
  • WATCH OUT FOR HIS AOE ATTACKS
  • Give someone dragonfoe, and make sure you have nihil on your best physical unit-That's your best bet for taking out Deghinsea. (He has ire, which is very annoying.)
  • White dragons are mages and red dragons are knights, pretty much. Nosferatanking can be good here if Miccy survives an attack.

Also thanks.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

It's at times like these where I curse my own uselessness, because me giving advice to Fire Emblem is like taking advice from a thief in security measures... i.e. both will inevitably end in disaster.

I honestly feel the same. I like to help, but my experience is usually scraping by on dumb luck, so it's not very helpful.