Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Shining Force's save menu is kinda cute, until you realize you have to read the girl's introduction every time you load a game.

Do appreciate being cheered on when I load a save file, though.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me...

I should stop writing at night. Because it also gets past midnight and I still want to keep writing...

That is quite the conundrum.
But if your brain gets creative at night, what can you do?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That is quite the conundrum.
But if your brain gets creative at night, what can you do?

Well, I wouldn't say I get more creative at night. More like I have the "time", then I refuse to stop writing until I finish any given scene.

If you're asking how long the final battle is, which is outside FYI, it isn't too bad. Kill the named goons to weaken the boss, most of the map is surprisingly and badly nonaggressive, so proceed with safety. The final boss themselves is a doozy of a statstick, even when fully weakened, with enormous HP regeneration.

Maybe doable in a half-hour if you proceed quickly and effectively?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I just remembered

Sylvis has expert

That means

at Lvl 23 she can use both Esteban's and Christine's prf

Ayyyyyy

My Sylvis is lvl 20 atm, which means she will become more of a deadly machine, soon

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

No.

Ah, that's a shame. I guess the ambush spawns caused a reset, so it wouldn't have been possible either way...

Too bad. I am still mad about those ambushes, though.

It's always amusing to see the results of characters being all over the place in CK2.

Iceland got brought into the Kingdom of Norway, whose King is an Egyptian. The island is turning culturally Egyptian! XD

Pyramids in Iceland when...

18 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Also with poor planning I think I locked myself into going to Ilia.

Ilia is the better route anyways. Both routes have a Fog of War but Fog of War is worse in the Sacae route.

14 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, i was randomly browsing the interwebz...

When i found an Ike x Samus story xD

And it seems fun kek

Hey man, that's still better than the extremely random Spider-Man x Lucina meme.

12 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Hoping for the best on the Smash Ultimate balance patch but not expecting anything, either. As they've proved, they really dont wanna balance the game really.

Idk about you but i for one will find it hilarious if i get meme'd on by Steve.

But seriously, it is possible to build pyramids in CK2. As part of the Great Works system. I've already built two. A Royal Palace in Toledo, and a Great Library in Cordoba. They're certainly pricey, and the price grows per each Great Work built. It's worth it, though, specially since they give tangible bonuses when converting the save to EU4.

That said, Great Pyramids are very restricted in construction. Only for those of Egyptian culture, or reforming a Pagan faith to allow pyramid construction, or be a lunatic. Hmm!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

52 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

umm, which ambushes

there were no ambush spawns on Fedie's map

There most certainly were-I baited Ferdinand into using his Javelin to attack Lysithea, and she was also in the range of a second paladin. All went according to plan, and Lysithea was into wrath range. Except after the second paladin canto'd away, a group of enemies spawns right there, in the middle of enemy phase, resulting in a dead Lysithea. I am fairly certain that it was a glitch, since they reinforced in the middle of the enemy phase? I dunno, but they were ambushes all the same.

(A generic paladin says that the alliance will fight with the empire, to which Ladislava says something like "Oh great, Alliance peeps are here, let's get 'em!")

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

There most certainly were-I baited Ferdinand into using his Javelin to attack Lysithea, and she was also in the range of a second paladin. All went according to plan, and Lysithea was into wrath range. Except after the second paladin canto'd away, a group of enemies spawns right there, in the middle of enemy phase, resulting in a dead Lysithea. I am fairly certain that it was a glitch, since they reinforced in the middle of the enemy phase? I dunno, but they were ambushes all the same.

(A generic paladin says that the alliance will fight with the empire, to which Ladislava says something like "Oh great, Alliance peeps are here, let's get 'em!")

...I honestly don't remember this, nor them being ambush spawns

we are talking about the Bridge map, right?

It has reinforcements, yeah, but even on maddening they weren't ambush spawns hmm (except the ones who appear near Ladislava)

The only Alliance reinforcements that appear in VW are that mage and his squad.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 hours ago, Benice said:

All right, I'm at chapter 15 (I think) of VW. Uh, do you guys think it'd be possible to finish VW in half an hour?

Even if you skip the monastery bits, I would say probably not, but supposedly you’ve been doing maps really fast so...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Ah, that's a shame. I guess the ambush spawns caused a reset, so it wouldn't have been possible either way...

Too bad. I am still mad about those ambushes, though.

Divine pulse is your ticket away from jank.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

There were ambushes on that map?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It has reinforcements, yeah, but even on maddening they weren't ambush spawns hmm

This

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

It has reinforcements, yeah, but even on maddening they weren't ambush spawns hmm (except the ones who appear near Ladislava)

Wack. I can say with 100% certainty that they were ambush spawns, though. Top right corner.

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Divine pulse is your ticket away from jank.

Divine pulse shouldn't be a crutch for bad game design. I don't object to it existing, but I am not okay with it justifying ambush spawns or other unfair shenanigans. FE6's remake would not be better than FE6 if they simply added a turnwheel mechanic and left ambush spawns.

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Top right corner.

Yeah, don't remember them being ambush especially since by the time they appear you should be far far away, so even on maddening they were no problem

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6's remake would not be better than FE6 if they simply added a turnwheel mechanic and left ambush spawns.

Sadly, that's probably what will happen, since FE likes their super faithful remakes

Yeah, don't remember them being ambush especially since by the time they appear you should be far far away, so even on maddening they were no problem

They spawn right next to Ferdinand though! I have no reason not to be there, especially since they spawn able to attack someone who opens the chest over there.

Sadly, that's probably what will happen, since FE likes their super faithful remakes

They got rid of ambushes in every remake so far, at least on some difficulties. None of FE6's difficulties should have ambushes. Ambush spawns don't make a game better.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

That's not top right, that's top left 😛

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah hard agree here.

FE6 only needs to up the hitrates of everything by ten, nerf throne/gate avoid to 15, remove ambush spawns and fix the good ending requirements to be a really great game. I swear, if they mess up an FE6 remake by adding Mark or something...