Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Dang it I need to play a JPRG I really haven't played one in a while.

40 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oi. This fight. This fight is rough. And it's mandatory too. Yay.

Which game is that? I recognize the main girl but can't quite put my finger on the game.

My JRPG itch is here.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrow said:

Which game is that? I recognize the main girl but can't quite put my finger on the game.

My JRPG itch is here.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC.

Estelle Bright is her name.

U5Wtyil.jpg

Completely out of context random post is completely random and out of context, but this thing right here is one of my favorite demons from SMT.
I just really like the design of it.

For those who don't know: This is a depiction of Ouroboros, the snake representing infinity.

Edited by DragonFlames

I agree!

This plays when you are weaker than your enemies.
I.e. the "you made a HUGE mistake" theme. XD

I love the fact that Atelier Sophie has different battle themes depending on how strong you are in comparison to your enemies. As far as I know, it's the only Atelier game that does this.
Someone will correct me on this, I'm sure.

Of the 5 battles I've gone through on Saturday, with only one left, 3 of them nearly killed me (okay the last got me GOs twice). I admit, I was ignoring every "caution, go slow" sign for the first one, and the second time I wasn't thinking things through at all. Then for the third time, it was the battle with the very appropriate name "Strong Breaker", there's practically only one, kinda cheesy, strategy to win this, it's otherwise maddeningly difficult, but would you expect anything else from who you're against?

Rangda has arrived, the witch with Phys Repel finishes the essential skills list. Theres only 5 battles left in game IIRC, and yet there's so many good demons to make, I hate to see them all go unused. Considering the final battle is long, I'm going to be cautious and make as many of them as I can carry.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201019_144116_1.jpg

Life imitates art.

Why does NLA need quarantines anyhow. Can mims get sick? I don't remember if I ever saw one NPC that ever said they were. -Tell me if you do.

Or, maybe this is a precaution for after finding the Core? You never know how long and on what surfaces or in what vectors pathogens can survive, best to check the Xenos now, before they've strolled the streets and filled the buildings with potentially deadly diseases.

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

U5Wtyil.jpg

Completely out of context random post is completely random and out of context, but this thing right here is one of my favorite demons from SMT.
I just really like the design of it.

For those who don't know: This is a depiction of Ouroboros, the snake representing infinity (or was it eternity? I'm not sure).

Not a bad choice although isn't this the hell of hellish bosses in the very hellish boss game that is Strange Journey?, it gets the symbolism across, and is a very clean design. And it's eternity that is symbolizes according to the IV Apo Compendium entry, but semantics.

As a fun fact in case you didn't know, Kazuma Kaneko, the longtime artist of SMT (who as of SMTIV has shifted out of artwork into more of a producer role) stated in an old interview his favorite design was the Nocturne redesign of Take-Minakata.

Not sure which I'd consider my own favorite, there's a hundreds of designs that get reused every game because updating more than handful is expensive to choose from. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Why are so many of the pics I link not displaying properly?

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

although isn't this the hell of hellish bosses in the very hellish boss game that is Strange Journey?

It is, but I found the boss fight against it to be quite enjoyable, actually.
Definitely a highlight in Redux, despite the fact that it can resurrect itself (which you have to disable after fighting it once). Can't really speak for the original Strange Journey, though.
Not to mention the fact that, once you manage to fuse it, enemies with a weakness to Zio attacks will die to its very powerful personal ability (that I forgot the name of). I think it says a lot that I found Ouroboros to be very useable far into the endgame if you keep it on your team, if only for its "special attack" and various resistances.

As a fun fact in case you didn't know, Kazuma Kaneko, the longtime artist of SMT (who as of SMTIV has shifted out of artwork into more of a producer role) stated in an old interview his favorite design was Take-Minakata:

That really is interesting!
Fun fact in return: Take-Minakata is one of the demons I never managed to fuse for some reason across all the SMT and related (i.e. Persona 5) games I've played.
Although I did manage to get my hands on one once... but at that point, it just served as fusion material for something else.

Though for the sake of sharing something, I'll plop down an image of Varuna, the Atma-Avatar of the main (and silent of course) character of Digital Devil Saga:

Looks awesome! I like the almost exoskeleton aesthetic in particular.
It looks otherworldly, and that's makes it interesting.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

No, you're not.

Seriously.

I sure as heck feel like one, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

sure as heck feel like one, though.

Adknowledge that it is just a feeling.  Accept it for what the feeling is and move on.

That's what my parents say to me, at least.

Edited by Benice

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I sure as heck feel like one, though

Please don't. You're not.

-------

By a stroke of sheer luck, I was actually able to get the voice files transferred over without breaking the game. Nice.

Now to go die a bunch of times.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Please don't. You're not.

I'll try. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

By a stroke of sheer luck, I was actually able to get the voice files transferred over without breaking the game. Nice.

Congrats! ^^

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Now to go die a bunch of times.

The Draggy Guild's motto! XD
Also me every time I had to fight a boss in my Extreme difficulty playthrough of NoA2.

Good luck! ^^

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why does NLA need quarantines anyhow. Can mims get sick? I don't remember if I ever saw one NPC that ever said they were. -Tell me if you do.

Or, maybe this is a precaution for after finding the Core? You never know how long and on what surfaces or in what vectors pathogens can survive, best to check the Xenos now, before they've strolled the streets and filled the buildings with potentially deadly diseases

Yeah you probably already gave yourself the explanation but Mims are basically just there to prevent aging since nobody knew how long they'd be in space. Other than that, they still need to be treated with care as if they were real bodies. An alien pathogen might affect the biofluid.

Btw, can we talk about how the game doesn't hide the Mim plot-twist at all? Ch.5 kinda makes a big deal out of it but you can do Hope's first Affinity Mission as early as Ch.3 (provided you've reached Lv.21) and one of the first things that happens in it is someone asking Hope if Mims are capable of conceiving (of which the answer is no but the fact that the question was even asked suggests that Mims are capable of engaging in sexual pleasure) and if you do this before Ch.5, the twist is basically spoiled for you. Though Ch.5 honestly is still pretty early and it's not like the story matters that much anyway.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I sure heck feel like one, though

Just relax and remember we all feel like that occasionally. Yesterday, I completely forgot stationary bikes existed and I genuinely thought Benice was playing his Switch while riding an actual bike.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Very nice!
Stamp42.png

Thanks.

Apparently, the files didn't work after all. The Japanese dialogue was battle only, but it was the voiceovers that came with the vanilla game, not the EVO dialogue.

Maybe it doesn't work with the GOG version? Idk. At least it doesn't seem to have affected anything.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Just relax and remember we all feel like that occasionally.

Yeah, you're right.
Thanks!

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Apparently, the files didn't work after all. The Japanese dialogue was battle only, but it was the voiceovers that came with the vanilla game, not the EVO dialogue.

Maybe it doesn't work with the GOG version? Idk. At least it doesn't seem to have affected anything.

Huh, that's weird.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Btw, can we talk about how the game doesn't hide the Mim plot-twist at all? Ch.5 kinda makes a big deal out of it but you can do Hope's first Affinity Mission as early as Ch.3 (provided you've reached Lv.21) and one of the first things that happens in it is someone asking Hope if Mims are capable of conceiving (of which the answer is no but the fact that the question was even asked suggests that Mims are capable of engaging in sexual pleasure) and if you do this before Ch.5, the twist is basically spoiled for you. Though Ch.5 honestly is still pretty early and it's not like the story matters that much anyway.

I think Elma gave a more subtle hint of it when you step out into the sunshine from Starfall Basin and she says "your body can take the fall" if you considering going off the cliff in front of you. Isn't that a little weird?

And, the Mimeosome Maintenance Center is a landmark from the very start. You won't know exactly what that means, I don't think the NPCs outside of it talk about Mims at the time, but thats still a big giveaway. Somehow didn't notice it though, the Chapter 5 scene got me.

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Looks awesome! I like the almost exoskeleton aesthetic in particular.
It looks otherworldly, and that's makes it interesting.

The Atma-Avatars were mostly designed without eyes, because they're a feature that predominates our attention. The absence of eyes increases our focus on the mouths, which is important in Digital Devil Saga.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, you're right.
Thanks!

My own stupidity of the day- Multi-Strike deals 2-7 hits of Physical damage, enemy reflects Phys and Pierce can't penetrate Repel.

Now I understand what it feels like to be shot with your own machine gun.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Badass boss theme btw, I got the part of the game where this starts playing.

Knowing what part you're probably talking about, it's Elma at her most badass.😎

2 hours ago, Shrow said:

Dang it I need to play a JPRG I really haven't played one in a while.

My JRPG itch is here.

Octopath Traveler is a great one.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I really am a f***ing idiot today.

Hey this isn’t the post a lie thread.

46 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I sure as heck feel like one, though.

Doesn’t make it true though. I mean it sucks, sure, it really really sucks, but you have to distinguish between your feelings and reality. And y’know, talk to me about it if that makes you feel better. And do whatever makes you feel better, so you can *smiiiiile*!

I don’t think you’re an idiot. If that matters at all. I mean you’re fluent in two languages... that’s never happening to me 😂

Edited by Sooks1016