Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Hmm, maybe...

But honeslty i am more in a normal RPG kind of mood rather than SRPG haha

This comes a bit out of left field, but there's this obscure JRPG made by SquareEnix called Live A Live, for the SNES. Really experimental game. It is comprised of 8 separate short stories following 8 protagonists from different points in history, each with its own kind of gameplay. There's one that's a bunch of fights one after the next, one where there's virtually no fighting (akin to the RPGMaker horror games that were so popular a few years back), one where you have to train some pupils of yours, one where you set up traps to make the only fight easier... It's quite the unique experience. I played it many years ago, and despite generally not being a fan of RPGs, I really liked it. So... Yeah. Take that as my suggestion.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Define how much normal. Since SRW OG Endless Frontier is a more traditional RPG.

Though jumping straight to that one will have you a bit lost story-wise...

It has random encounters, so it's sunk right there for Shrimpy. Sure escaping battles has a 100% success rate, but nope, not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This comes a bit out of left field, but there's this obscure JRPG made by SquareEnix called Live A Live, for the SNES. Really experimental game. It is comprised of 8 separate short stories following 8 protagonists from different points in history, each with its own kind of gameplay. There's one that's a bunch of fights one after the next, one where there's virtually no fighting (akin to the RPGMaker horror games that were so popular a few years back), one where you have to train some pupils of yours, one where you set up traps to make the only fight easier... It's quite the unique experience. I played it many years ago, and despite generally not being a fan of RPGs, I really liked it. So... Yeah. Take that as my suggestion.

So kinda like Octopath but with different battle system for everyone?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Starting Village, guilds, going into town, travelling the world, cool battle system, cool characters, final dungeon

that kind of thing xD

Hero Chronicles - Project Olympus

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Starting Village, guilds, going into town, travelling the world, cool battle system, cool characters, final dungeon

that kind of thing xD

Guilds aside, that is totally Skyward Sword.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh look someone mentions Live A Live. I wish I could say getting through the 8th scenario was great, I actually got stuck there and I know it's about to get real too so that's annoying.

I'll point out Terranigma as a great ARPG title for my contribution.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I kind of want to do a 3H PMC/PMU, but i already put 330 Hours into that game xD

I’d pick your units!

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Emulate FE9? Or try to?

I think it’s just a lack of motivation that’s getting to me.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean... the other side has me on it.
That's just an automatic loss. xD

I mean we seem to be fine so far...

13 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yeah, he essentially did that to divide them, so yeah sure.

I thought you were playing Lego.

I forgot I gave away the controller because someone I knew needed one.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm, maybe...

But honeslty i am more in a normal RPG kind of mood rather than SRPG haha

Octopath! Octopath!

Live a Live actually looks cool. I could emulate it on mobile even where i am usually searching for some thing to play hoooo

I might take a look at this one

Only problem is that it's by SE and i never enjoyed any of their games

>Bravely Default

I don't have my 3DS anymore, or i would be playin Conquest right now xd

Honest though i just want a new classic Trails, but since that is a pipe dream...

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So kinda like Octopath but with different battle system for everyone?

No, not at all like Octopath. The chapters are vastly different, they almost feel like different games in some cases. Oh, I should probably mention the battle system. It's quite unique, you move your characters around a grid, and the attacks are based on it. Fun, I think.

As for the stories, they are unrelated. Well, that is, until you complete all 7 stories (whoopsie it was actually 7 I was wrong hehe) and the final chapter begins. Which contains... an extremely impressive twist. I won't say anything more about that. Consider playing the game. It's worth it, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Live a Live actually looks cool. I could emulate it on mobile even where i am usually searching for some thing to play hoooo

I might take a look at this one

Hurray! Do keep me informed if you do. It's been a really long time since I last played it, myself, but I remember my experience with it quite fondly. Even though... I spoiled it completely for myself. I discovered it through a spoiler. So... Whoopsie.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Oh look someone mentions Live A Live. I wish I could say getting through the 8th scenario was great, I actually got stuck there and I know it's about to get real too so that's annoying.

Oh, believe you me, it was gonna

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Welcome to the club.

I've been in that club for ages now. XD
I just never said anything, because I know no one would play those games no matter how hard I shill them.
And if people played them, they probably would end up hating them, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Nights of Azure has a battle system no one enjoys.
Blue Reflection has a school setting.

There is no chance in hell anyone will ever play these, is there?

My favorite fe has both 😄