Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Did they majorly buff the enemies for the game in the hack? Because I played this chapter before, and I don't recall multiple heroes with silver sword, tomahawks, and 50 something HP appearing as reinforcements.

I mentioned that

28 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But honestly, it all has to do with the enemies having less bulk in exchange for hitting harder. Makes progression of the maps go by a lot smoother.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also makes Player Armor classes useful since they are the only one who can tank anything. Just look at conquest. Despite having 4 MoV, Effie is so very valuable because she's the only one who can tank anything until Xander appears.

Yep. I can say the same about Project Ember, the Knights are actually really neat for tanking. But unlike Effie, they aren't falling behind movement wise.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, I missed that. My bad. I'll definitely have to redo that chapter. Oi, it's rough.

I recommend using your Bow users to snipe the units hiding behind the walls.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is a hack where Sophia is also not an Est making her way more viable from the start (she joins at Lv.7 instead of 1).

>Sophia an est

>”Ests have good growths”

lols

39 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

PD9OWhh5_o.png

Did they majorly buff the enemies for the game in the hack? Because I played this chapter before, and I don't recall multiple heroes with silver sword, tomahawks, and 50 something HP appearing as reinforcements.

And you can see the Wyvern Riders up in the corner as well. It seems like the difficulty jumped up quite a bit in a way that I don't remember the original doing.

You progressed quickly :0

I played fe6 semi recently and I think there actually were heroes with high hp but someone who knows should probably correct me because I’m not 100%.

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

...I need to get Citra running somehow because i wanna do another Conquest run lol

Or i need to get the 3DS back from my younger bro xD

Reminds me of me with Three Houses... and we can be buddies!

Even though you need to finish lunatic and thus will probably pick it xD

Edited by Sooks

48 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As another veteran here let me also add that you should try and use some of the positional buffs, like Elise's Lily's poise, Gentilholme/Demoiselle, or using Corrin's supportive with attack stance, etc.

Also want to emphasize how good attack stance is, I genuine find it to be better than pairup in most situations, as being unpaired gives you more actions, and lets units pair with units that are further ahead and/or more mobile, and switch back to give more mobility to all of your units, plus you can transfer paired units over to unpaired unit to switch from pairup to attack stance when you need the extra damage to attack, and have units just behind able to transfer and separate to maintain that mobility.

Finally I want to emphasize the underappreciated value of lunge. It can be used to breakup enemy attack stances, you can use it to kill an enemy and leave the space you attacked from open for other units to use (with the lunger's attack stance perhaps), it move an enemy closer so you can kill it with less mobile units, etc. It is very situational, but when I need it, it becomes a run saver.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Use your stances right. Knowing when to use Attack and when to use Defence stance is very helpful

Temporary stat increase items

Use free DLC items if you have to

Thanks for the advice!

46 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Man, Ch. 7 of PoR doesn't seem long until you try completing it with Ike only. Becomes a major slog.

Oof. Well, that's what solo runs are! 

Be positive, it could be worse!

Finished my second run of Trials of Mana. The Benevodons became very easy with the second promotions, though a few bosses still had attacks that either instantly GO'ed me or almost did. Angela's spells and Hawkeye's ninjutsu backed by a bunch of strengthening passives and Riesz really did smash things very quickly.

I gotta say Dark Castle is worse than Mirage Palace, there aren't any teleporters and there is a little less boss rehash rush, but the enemies were far meaner in Dark Castle. My first encounter with a Dark Knight ended when everyone was instantly OHKO'ed by its earthquake attack, I don't remember any Dark Knights in Mirage Palace. As far as final character-specific bosses go, Malocchio is a joke, Goremond was much harder, and the other two Kevin/Charlotte bosses were harder than the Hawkeye/Riesz ones too. It could've been I had gotten better at the game, it could've been Angela's cast-and-win playstyle, or the bosses themselves could've been plain easier.

Gotta get back to FoMT now, but I'm not sure what to play in addition to that. Do I start the DS2 Triangulum scenario, or do I wait a little longer on that? Maybe I'll do a battle or two in one of the two Advance Wars I still have, I'm in the mood for that. 

If I play that chapter fast enough, I should be able to finish and get the necessary items from the chests before the uber reinforcements spawn. Hm...

I'll have to give that a go when I get back to it. I just need to have Astolfo on the east side of the map to get the items I need. Elysian whip is priority.

Well, though I don't much hopes about it, I'll make one last hurrah for my old PSN account. Technically I didn't lost the Hotmail account and I still use it, but I'll see if I can somehow recover the usage of the old address. If I can, then I'll quickly switch my old PSN's account mail and password. If not... well, I'll stick with the new one I made.

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

I'm considering what to play next:

• Sakura Wars (pretty far I guess)
  • Persona 4 Golden (~1/4 done)
  • Nights of Azure 2
  • Trails in the Sky vs. Ys.

This reminds me, I need to finish up Persona 4 Golden, as I have just a week or two to go before the secret dungeon...although my inner completionist is going to make me fit in one last grinding session before it to finish up the last quest(s), and complete the compendium.

I have never been much of a complementist myself.

Though it would be cool to max out all social links since it's very possible to do from what I've read.

In Persona 5 Royal I messed up because there were changes in the links I didn't know.

My issue of Persona 4 Royal is that I didn't enjoy 4 as much as 3 and 5, and the extra character doesn't do much to make me change my opinion.

At least battle gameplay has been improved which is nice.

8 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Though it would be cool to max out all social links since it's very possible to do from what I've read.

It definitely is. I’ve even done it in base P5. It’s even easier in royal simply because the game gives you so much leeway in regards to how you manage your time what with Chihaya’s and Kawakami’s confidant abilities in addition to being able to move around the cafe at night even after visiting a palace and mementos. This game gives you just so much leeway honestly.

Ok so Ch.16 in Project Ember is actually worse than in vanilla based on the simple fact that having Lalum/Elphin talk to Douglas doesn't actually stop him from attacking. They change it up so that he can't move and attack during the same turn but now you still have this presence that you can't kill but he's gonna be chasing you anyway. Right now, i've put the units that were on the right side of the map in the little room with the chests and at this rate, Douglas is gonna use all the uses of his prf before i can recruit him.

5 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

The only one where its really hard to max social links is persona 3, where you almost have to follow a guide to pull it off in time for a first run. I had well over a month of extra time to spare on Persona 4, so you should be able to pull it off. Just be warned a few of them have an extra time limit.

Spoiler

The ones with time constraints are Hierophant, Justice, Jester, and Aeon if I remember correctly

3 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

My issue of Persona 4 Royal is that I didn't enjoy 4 as much as 3 and 5, and the extra character doesn't do much to make me change my opinion.

Persona 4 is my least favorite of the three, although I still like the game, just not as much as Persona 5, or the best of the three, Persona 3.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

The only one where its really hard to max social links is persona 3, where you almost have to follow a guide to pull it off in time for a first run. I had well over a month of extra time to spare on Persona 4, so you should be able to pull it off. Just be warned a few of them have an extra time limit.

Thanks, good to know.

Question: 

Spoiler

How to start Aeon (Marie)?

Can it be started at a certain time?

I've done Kanji's palace yet.

I like Persona 3 more than Persona 5 too, but Royal is still my favorite because of improved gameplay and Sumi of course.

Yet have to play 1 and 2 which might not happen unless they will get a release for a modern console.

I beat chapters 6 and 7 as well as Mozu’s paralogue in my new Conquest file today. Mozu actually got insane levels, one of hers was literally every stat but defense (not surprising). But her lack of hp levels worries me...

It would have been kind of nice to get her C support with Silas because I’m still undecided on most pairs now that I’m doing stats (🤢). I had Mozu!Sophie before and she was really good, but one of few pairings that I have seen consistently as being considered one of the best for the characters involved (that doesn’t involve Corrin) is Selena!Sophie so not sure on that one.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also makes Player Armor classes useful since they are the only one who can tank anything. Just look at conquest. Despite having 4 MoV, Effie is so very valuable because she's the only one who can tank anything until Xander appears.

Can Benny not tank?

Oh no...

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can Benny not tank?

Oh no...

By the point you get Benny you start to get units who are a bit more tankier.

He isn't bad by an means, but he's outclassed by Effie imo

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I beat chapters 6 and 7 as well as Mozu’s paralogue in my new Conquest file today. Mozu actually got insane levels, one of hers was literally every stat but defense (not surprising)

Every Mozu level up ever xD

Sniper Mozu Goat and was unironically my Lunatic MVP

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But her lack of hp levels worries me...

CQ HPs are very low across the board anyway. Very rare will you get anyone with above 40 HP

5 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

How to start Aeon (Marie)?

Can it be started at a certain time?

Spoiler

It can be started after Yukiko's dungeon unlocks (April 18th?)  by visiting the Velvet room, an event will trigger where Elizabeth will talk about you taking Marie out of the room, and after that you should be able to choose the Check on Dwellers option to hang out with Marie. After you start it, she will also hangout just outside the Velvet Room door on days she is available.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
  Hide contents

It can be started after Yukiko's dungeon unlocks (April 18th?)  by visiting the Velvet room, an event will trigger where Elizabeth will talk about you taking Marie out of the room, and after that you should be able to choose the Check on Dwellers option to hang out with Marie. After you start it, she will also hangout just outside the Velvet Room door on days she is available.

Spoiler

That's probably the point I missed because I know Margaret introduced her to me.

Alright, Seventh Crusade time in CK2.

Funny thing. At some point the Irish King of Wales went Fraticelli. He became the target of the Crusade. Poor guy was already assaulted with like 6-7 Holy Wars, then on top of that the Crusade goes after him? It all went quick.

Also, the French King has used the Invasion CB (he's of my Dynasty, if you recall) to take Denmark. At this point they could form the Scandinavian Empire... as the French. This is like... reversing the viking age, hahaha..

Edited by Acacia Sgt