Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Imo they were. They were pretty damn punishing though. But if i was able to do them in a no reset run even if i did need alot of kids xD rip MVPKana in the final map so should you be able to do them normally.

How many times have you played through Conquest?

Hinoka's and Sakura's Map will depend on how good you are with using the Dragon veins. Especially Hinoka's. If you don't use Dragon Veins at the right moment you get decimated by 12 Mov fliers that sometimes come with Bow Breaker iirc. 

I remember that one on normal xD

Takumi's Map has a tough unit compisition that tests your math skills xD 

*sweats*

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Night!

Goodnight!

Also I beat chapter 9, no issues at all! The reinforcements that I didn’t know were coming were a little scary, but I was able to deal with them easily so that didn’t really matter.

Of course Silas almost died but dodged a 74, but that was so early in the map that I would have been able to tweak my strategy just fine so it wouldn’t really have been rng dependent.

I also think I’m gonna keep a save at chapter 10 because I can tell I’m probably gonna love it (inspired by Shrimpy with fe3h chapter 11).

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How many times have you played through Conquest?

2.7, the most i ever replayed a game in my life, as i tend to not replay them xD

Normal as my first FE, Hard no reset and Lunatic before my small brother deleted my save file while i was approaching endgame (hence only 0.7 xD)

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

inspired by Shrimpy with fe3h chapter 11

12*

And enjoy! CQ ch10 is seen by many as one of the best maps series wide, if not outright the best one!

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

2.7, the most i ever replayed a game in my life, as i tend to not replay them xD

Really? Even though they’re super fun?

12*

Oops

And enjoy! CQ ch10 is seen by many as one of the best maps series wide, if not outright the best one!

Exactly!

I forgot to mention that I captured Haitaka because he has rally defense and a lunatic ironman/no reset run I was following a while back did the same thing.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Really? Even though they’re super fun?

Yeah i don't like replaying games in general. Even if i super loved them, i'd rather try something new. I do tend to replay sections and bosses, and have no problem with differentcroutes though.

Conquest is the big exception, as it's probably the most fun i've ever had in my life gameplay wise.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I forgot to mention that I captured Haitaka because he has rally defense and a lunatic ironman/no reset run I was following a while back did the same thing.

Umu! Make sure to capture rally bots as you will find some use for them!

Great way to kick off a final battle. Shame it's merely a mecha fight against a giant peach space battleship followed by a rather slender robot.

Just taking a short trip down an alleyway off memory lane.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Enough of sleep...

I thought you weren’t getting any?

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i don't like replaying games in general. Even if i super loved them, i'd rather try something new. I do tend to replay sections and bosses, and have no problem with differentcroutes though.

I mean different routes would be trying something new so that makes sense.

I replay games I very much enjoy, see my 13 three houses play throughs xD

Edited by Sooks

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Also Benice-sensei I’m trying to make you proud! I’m going to try to use Odin for being the most memeable character... despite him sucking. I’ll see how it goes.

Odin is one of those units that is amazing if you go for the right build, and use him right, but kinda bad if you don't. He is the most viable user of Nosferatu (and can even grab vantage on his own, but that does have a high cost....), and if you can get him to reach the right benchmarks with pairup and tonic/meals/stat boosters, he can really trivialize some maps. Plus his daughter is the best mage of Fates.

Figured I would add my two cents on the Radiant Historia talk. I really like its take on time travel; the world is on a razors edge, where a single mistake with send its spiraling out to the end of humanity, but even if the world ends, and humanity dies that is OK, you can always use time travel to try again, and failing so spectacularly is kinda expected given the circumstances. Its one of the only takes on time travel that focuses on that idea that no mistake is really permanent when you can time travel; you will fail, and you simply have to travel in time and try again, and again, and again...

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah i don't think i can replay any game that much xD

A bosd fight i loved though - pretty much yes

Well boss fights are much shorter than actual games so that makes sense.

Plus sometimes you have mind souls who make something like this.

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Odin is one of those units that is amazing if you go for the right build, and use him right, but kinda bad if you don't.

Like... dark mage -> sorcerer?

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Odin is one of those units that is amazing if you go for the right build, and use him right, but kinda bad if you don't. He is the most viable user of Nosferatu (and can even grab vantage on his own, but that does have a high cost....), and if you can get him to reach the right benchmarks with pairup and tonic/meals/stat boosters, he can really trivialize some maps.

That reminds me that despite me benching him on normal and hard, he was pretty useful on Lunatic. And as you said, Ophelia is super strong

Figured I would add my two cents on the Radiant Historia talk. I really like its take on time travel; the world is on a razors edge, where a single mistake with send its spiraling out to the end of humanity, but even if the world ends, and humanity dies that is OK, you can always use time travel to try again, and failing so spectacularly is kinda expected given the circumstances. Its one of the only takes on time travel that focuses on that idea that no mistake is really permanent when you can time travel; you will fail, and you simply have to travel in time and try again, and again, and again...

That reminds me that some of the bad ends were really really cool

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

More like Tonics and right pair up, and if you want, you can reclass to give him vantage, although at the cost of magic

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well boss fights are much shorter than actual games so that makes sense.

And are usually the highlight of the games^^

Edited by Shrimperor

More like Tonics and right pair up, and if you want, you can reclass to give him vantage, although at the cost of magic

How does that cost magic? Wouldn’t it just be me switching for one level and then switching back?

He’s already only gotten magic once

And are usually the highlight of the games^^

And some boss fights are made even better by the buildup to them, like Zelda boss fights. Zelda has great bosses.

Just now, Sooks said:

How does that cost magic? Wouldn’t it just be me switching for one level and then switching back?

Well, i don't remember when myrms learn vantage in Fates tbf

And seals are costly and limited in conquest, you might need them for someone else, like Bowzu or Corrin.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He’s already only gotten magic once

The Odin experience

Although getting him Vantage so Ophelia can inherit it doesn't sound half bad

32 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This is like the exact opposite of me! Xd

I tend to replay the same set few... alot. 

Nothing wrong with you way, of course, just thought I'd share, is all!

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Of course there’s nothing wrong with anyone’s way!

I’m more similar to this way, actually, but I wouldn’t say it’s the same few, I tend to branch out over the games I already have.

I think part of it is because I have way more opportunity to replay games then to get new ones, the only reason I haven’t replayed that many games lately is because I’m trying to play a lot of Fire Emblems.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, i don't remember when myrms learn vantage in Fates tbf

Google search says samurais at level 10, and he’s level 9 so...

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The Odin experience

Although getting him Vantage so Ophelia can inherit it doesn't sound half bad

...what does vantage do again?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

and he’s level 9 so...

Then limited resources will be the problem. You don't have access to many seals in conquest early on, and they are quite costly

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

what does vantage do again?

Iirc in Fates it was attack first at below 50% hp.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Different tastes 😉

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For the early to midgame that works fine, but if you want him to stay amazing in the late game it take a bit more resources. Generally two ways to go about it, first is to grab Vantage from Samurai after you have enough access to enough heart seals to warrant such a move, and in the very late game jump into Master of Arms for Life-or-Death with forged Nosferatu and the best magic boosts you can give him to shoot for one-shot territory, or alternatively in the midgame jump over into Master of Arms and Mage Knight to give him both Seal Strength and Seal Defense for the slower version. Also Spirit Dust being the most available stat booster in the game helps (with 3 if you get the Ophelia Paralogue).

Which reminds me, if you plan on using anyone that has magic, you will want to play the Ophelia paralogue, as it gives you some of the best tomes in the game.

Edit: The big thing for early game is buy him Nosferatu ASAP

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Iirc in Fates it was attack first at below 50% hp.

Putting Ophelia in range of more than one enemy that can do damage or in range when she’s below 50% hp doesn’t seem like the greatest idea...

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Which reminds me, if you plan on using anyone that has magic, you will want to play the Ophelia paralogue, as it gives you some of the best tomes in the game.

Of course!

Ophelia’s mom is going to be Nyx since Elise is already paired up (well they’re at A rank but it’s practically set in stone) and Nyx is like the only other magic mom sans Felicia (who will S rank Leo if I get around to it, more for +5 speed then anything).

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh

Skl problems incoming...

I think. Nyx skl is abysmal iirc

Someone correct me on this

Correct. It's her tradeoff. Nyx got the Mag & Spd, but Odin got the Skl, while in Hoshido, Orochi got the Mag & Skl, and Hayato got the Spd. No Perfect Offensive Stats Trifecta Mage in Fates without investment.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh

Skl problems incoming...

Someone correct me on this

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct. It's her tradeoff. Nyx got the Mag & Spd, but Odin got the Skl, while in Hoshido, Orochi got the Mag & Skl, and Hayato got the Spd. No Perfect Offensive Stats Trifecta Mage in Fates without investment.

Ah well, if I can deal with Arthur, I can deal with Nyx!Ophelia xD

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Ophelia’s mom is going to be Nyx since Elise is already paired up (well they’re at A rank but it’s practically set in stone) and Nyx is like the only other magic mom sans Felicia (who will S rank Leo if I get around to it, more for +5 speed then anything).

My first Ophelia was a Nyx Ophelia, and when I did my Lunatic Revelations PMU I used another, and she turns out just fine. I do like Elise Ophelia better (and I have heard great things about a Magic Boon Corrin Ophelia), but a Nyx Ophelia is still great

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ugh

Skl problems incoming...

Ophelia has +4 base skill on Nyx, and a higher growth rate than her, so its not as bad (plus the Elise pairing gives her a slightly worse skill growth as well...)

I have generally found hit issues in Fates can be worked around fairly easily. Ophelia come with Heart Seeker immediately to drop enemy avoids by 20 when she needs that extra hit (or another with Heart Seeker can go adjacent to debuff it...), the most basic of attack stances give +10 hit (and some supports push that even higher), hitting C support with Corrin (made extra easy thanks to the numerous Corrin only support buffs) means you can use their personal to add another +10 when attack stancing with Corrin, plus Benny can be used to passively reduce the avoid of enemies within 2 by 10 with his personal as well, and that is all before factoring in things like skill tonics, or Skill rally from Bow Knights. Plus if the crit rate skill provides is the concern, Ophelia's personal gives an almost automatic +10....

-snip-

I seriously need to find a way to replay conquest xD

4 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

uz4bF9C.png?1

Since I'm not a Steam expert, can I make money from these stickers since there's a sold option?

You can, but unless you have like a 10000 of them it won't matter since you will sell one for like 3c

Edited by Shrimperor