• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

When I was in Florida in fall it was usually like 80-90 degrees (Fahrenheit, apologies to the European and Canadian teeheers on behalf of my country)...

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

When I was in Florida in fall it was usually like 80-90 degrees (Fahrenheit, apologies to the European and Canadian teeheers on behalf of my country)...

That's how it is in the day usually. Gets cooler towards the evenings.

So Saito, Xenoblade 2's main character designer, drew Pyra and Mythra for the third anniversary and

Every time Saito draws Xenoblade 2 outside of the game itself, it always looks better and I'm upset he never used this artstyle for the in-game character art.

Not gonna lie, Farenheit makes no sense...

Over here, it's been about -1 to 4 degrees for the last month and a bit, (about 30-40 Farenheit, I think) which is a bit warmer than usual. The coldest it's been thus far is -8, which is 17 farenheit.

Ah Fahrenheit, you system that's weirdly distributed in a 37 degree range (to the point that I'm pretty sure the amount of times it's been 100 Fahrenheit here can be counted on one hand)

Oh and while Switch TWEWY with a stylus is actually decent (definitely not 1:1 on the DS) whoever decided to remix the soundtrack should have been asked to stand down because I can't think of a single track that was improved from the original so far and I'm near the end of Week 1.

It's telling that in this day and age Fahrenheit is only really used officially in the US anymore. Plus Liberia and some of the Anglo Caribbean nations.

What do you expect from something that's part of the Imperial System...

Anyways, say what you want about America's dumb measurements but at least we know that the first floor is the first floor haha gottem.

(Actually, is calling the first floor the "ground floor" an England thing only or do other European countries do it?)

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, say what you want about America's dumb measurements but at least we know that the first floor is the first floor haha gottem.

(Actually, is calling the first floor the "ground floor" an England thing only or do other European countries do it?)

"Ground floor" is definitely an American thing, too, but I usually see it used interchangeably with "first floor," just to add to the confusion. 

Depends how you see it.

Since it can work in the context of First Floor after the Ground Floor.

Ultimately, the point is the English is also weird.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Spara said:

"Ground floor" is definitely an American thing, too, but I usually see it used interchangeably with "first floor," just to add to the confusion. 

When in doubt, ask what floor comes next. If someone calls the second floor the "first floor", then they are British.

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I mean, ground floor makes just as much sense as first floor.

Yeah but my point was moreso that we don't call the second floor the "first floor". That's what they do in UK tho so if you ever go there, you basically just add a number to the current floor. So the third floor in the US would be the fourth floor in the UK.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but my point was moreso that we don't call the second floor the "first floor". That's what they do in UK tho so if you ever go there, you basically just add a number to the current floor. So the third floor in the US would be the fourth floor in the UK.

That's quite confusing, to me at least.

But hey, I'm from America, so...

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Other way around. A fourth floor in the US would be a third floor in the UK.

On that subject, over here it's kinda interchangeable if to use Primer Piso or Planta Baja.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's quite confusing, to me at least.

But hey, I'm from America, so...

Yeah, we use systems no one else uses lol.

Don't mean I can't poke fun tho.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Other way around. A fourth floor in the US would be a third floor in the UK.

*Counts it out*

Oh you're right.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But hey, at least it's not like how it's done in whatever building these elevator buttons come from:

Odd_lift_buttons.jpg

The UG being upper ground in this image hurts.

L2 as well, I have to suspect their ground floor is massive in terms of vertical dimensions.

So I'm replaying Octopath Traveler right now. Not that fond of RPGs, as I believe I've said here before, but I remember having fun with that one, and... I dunno, I just felt like it. Since I'm replaying it, I figured I should probably do things differently, pick the characters I neglected last time, which is why my starter is the exact same. What can I say, Cyrus is too cool.
I've already picked Ophelia and Olberic for my second and third slots. Ha'anit, Primrose and Alfyn are out because I already used them last time (and Alfyn's path action overlaps with Cyrus's, too). Perhaps this time I won't quit early and will actually play through the remaining four stories. We'll see.

I remain undecided on the final member. I don't really like Therion, and I care little for Tressa's story. I've picked up Tressa first, mainly because she's right below Cyrus on the map, but it's still early enough to swap her out. Octopath fans in the thread, any suggestions?