Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, ranking Heroes with the rest of the series is pretty unfair.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Yeah. FEH isn't FE. It's an FE-themed gacha.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

People count that as a Fire Emblem? The gameplay is barely the same!

This is true. Hence why 99% of the time I don't even acknowledge its existence. But when I do, I cannot think of it as anything other than the shittiest, scummiest garbage to have ever disgraced the name Fire Emblem. Yes, more than Revelations.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's ok, you can say the ads. I don't have any interest in Arknights either but the ads were bad.

Believe it or not, it's not the ads. I've gotten a couple, but nothing too intrusive, surprisingly enough.

Without delving into detail too much, it was a certain individual who kept pestering me with Arknights memes and conversation, with such ardent determination (and a refusal to take "not interested" for an answer) that I ended up utterly hating the game without ever having played it. Thankfully, the matter has been resolved.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kinda sad that's an unpopular opinion nowdays. Gacha make much more money than normal games

I mean, there's a reason there's so many of them. It's sad, but the business model works wonders. I'm actually a little surprised we haven't seen anyone attempt to sneak a gacha into consoles and PC yet. They're getting there, though... Lootboxes are getting ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

That those are the only options mobile gamers have?

In a way, yes. Mobile gaming blows, in my opinion, because it's a hellscape of cash grabs, gachas, awful bootleg scams and watered-down versions of actual games. Very little of value to find there. There are some good games hidden in there, but they're few and far between, sadly.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Thee enjoyeth the lady who is't doest not stand ho talking in shakespeare’s tongue enow to ranketh h'r thy second fav'rite?

Not gonna lie, the speech irked me at first, but she grew on me. You'd expect a character with that manner of speech to be just a really solemn, one-note "nature is sacred" kind of character. And that is a part of her character, but she's also surprisingly sassy, aggressive and hotblooded. If you can manage to look past the tongues (which I totally understand if you can't), she's a great character. Also, her story is pretty cool, and I love the beasts lore mechanic.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I just don't get the appeal of giving money to a company that can't even pretend to have anything but contempt for it's player base.

I have never viewed a transaction as what kind of company is getting my money (because this is something I shouldn’t and usually don’t have to worry about), but just what product I am receiving.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Probably because they are making bank again

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, I will say I'm not overly fond of XC2's gatcha-lite. But it is not because it mimics an objectionable genre or could be a hypothetical gateway to gatcha. The reason is the "gotcha-feel" to characters is... not ideal to me. I'd definite this roughly as each character being an isolate, because they can be drawn by different artists with wholly different aesthetics, and barring the occasional interaction or that one two they're closer to, they exist apart from each other. To compensate, each character, none of whom can get much in the depth because of their sheer quantity, relies on a zesty personality gimmick.

This is understandable. While I do think the Rare Blades being drawn by different artists was a cool move, I do think the writing quality between them varies, even if I think most of them are fine in that department too. But as you said, you can apply this to a number of different games. Besides, Xenoblade 2 has the strongest main cast of any Xeno game, so it balances out.

Regarding Xenoblade 2's gacha-lite mechanic though, I will say it does actually make sense in context. The same cannot be said for actual gachas. Not a single gacha game has justified it's random nature within the lore. At least that I'm aware of.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's on consoles!?

...Oh, for crying out loud-- I thought it was just another vulture to feast on the corpse of mobile gaming!

As mentioned before, it is on consoles and PC. I actually don't know why anyone would play it on mobile.

Other gachas have made it to consoles as well but these are pretty much Japan-only so you never hear about them.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Without delving into detail too much, it was a certain individual who kept pestering me with Arknights memes and conversation

And upping the loading times for your LP.

Seriously, part of the reason I was missing updates was because the page would take about 20 minutes to load on my potato.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

And upping the loading times for your LP.

I knew it wasn't just me. I should've dealt with him a long time ago.

But at least the LP inspired you to play the game. I don't feel as bad as a result. Honestly though, I took way too long. I should've taken action as soon as I myself became unable to access my own LP on my phone.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Regarding Xenoblade 2's gacha-lite mechanic though, I will say it does actually make sense in context. The same cannot be said for actual gachas. Not a single gacha game has justified it's random nature within the lore. At least that I'm aware of.

True. And, if this isn't what you meant, it doesn't feel as weird either. A Blade is inert in slumber if it isn't in someone's possession, but an ordinary human being? Why aren't they concerned about getting back to their world, or why hasn't anyone been arbitrarily dragged into another dimension while they were about to slay their mortal enemy or were kissing their beloved and you ruined it

55 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Probably because they are making bank again

On the contrary, if Nintendo is doing well, why fear what fans are doing? It doesn't need a scapegoat to explain its losses. Doing poorly one could say would force Nintendo to be more actively protective of the IPs it needs reach financial prosperity again.

Although it is equally true that a weak company shouldn't concern itself about "minor infractions" and focus on solving the bigger problems. A strong company has its house in order and can afford the luxury of assailing petty infringements.

So when I think about it, Nintendo doesn't need a particular time to cull the fanbase, there is always a "reason" for doing so.

Yay, finally got Xenosaga 3 running perfect on PCSX2! Messing with the settings took a while, but not it's all buttery smooth! 

Gotta do an initial test run to see how I balanced the game out. (I'm not like the devs, I can actually accomplish basic math to make sure characters are even)

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the contrary, if Nintendo is doing well, why fear what fans are doing? It doesn't need a scapegoat to explain its losses. Doing poorly one could say would force Nintendo to be more actively protective of the IPs it needs reach financial prosperity again.

dunno why, but they always seem to go full asshole (even though they are usually asshole) when they are doing well

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I bought a barn and two cows in stardew valley!

Livestock does always add some charm to a farming game, especially if they're cute and you give them nice names.🐮 And, they're a steady source of daily income.🥛=💰

---

49 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This track's also good...

If you're selling a Crash Bandicoot game on the market, does that mean there's a market crash?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and you give them nice names.🐮 

I have just been going with the randomly selected name every time...

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

True. And, if this isn't what you meant, it doesn't feel as weird either. A Blade is inert in slumber if it isn't in someone's possession, but an ordinary human being? Why aren't they concerned about getting back to their world, or why hasn't anyone been arbitrarily dragged into another dimension while they were about to slay their mortal enemy or were kissing their beloved and you ruined it

I wasn't even thinking of that aspect but you're right. And following this train of thought, Xenoblade 2's gacha-lite also avoids the problem of duplicates for the Rare Blades. Sure, FEH can handwave duplicates with Outrealm shenanigans but most gachas don't have an explanation. Especially when a certain character shows up during a story event and even assists you but then you have to roll for them to actually have them playable.

I know I'm thinking too much about this but it just goes to show that Xenoblade 2 actually put thought and effort into it's gacha-lite mechanic, a mechanic that people would usually raise eyebrows when they hear about it.

So, played a bit more of CK2. Another Grand Conquest on the Byzantines, this time for their African holdings. De Jure Africa, though it was all they had left, save of a county or two.

The moment my character died... and OMG, how long was that Secret Sunni Society been around for!? My new character is a member... yikes... hmm...

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wat.

IT's something that can happen in CK2. IT's a game rule, so you can toggle them on or off for a playthrough. Anyway, characters have a Religion which is what they practice openly... but also, they can have a secret religion, which they practice in, well, secret. Usually when a character is asked to convert, they can only pretend to do so. Get sufficent people with the same secret religion in a realm, and they found a Secret Society. They can spread, secretly... until they feel like just announcing openly. Which can be devastating... or, if the ruler is also a member, a quick way to flip the realm religion in a very quick step.

As it is, they can be quite annoying to deal with, or quite OP to abuse. Next time I play, I'll have to see how to deal with it...