Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

For the 0 of you following it, I updated my fe tier list after having played fe1 (and replayed Conquest). fPwmpcQ.png

I also took out letters for words because it expresses more.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Went ahead and replaced this with Imbue because why the fuck would you want Mercy?

For training I guess.

I'm pretty sure I've used it at least for training Pelleas...

Finally awake after an almost 12 hours sleep. It has been more than the four last days together. I am feeling really recharged now mentally since the first map has been nearly finished.

Mercy is garbage, and I was totally offended in my first run when I noticed she did not kill on purpose. The only use of this skill is to give final kills to underleveled units. However Elincia on the other hand needs every experience she can get too since she also falls behind in part 4. Usually I give paragon to her for this part to level her strength and speed fast because she is definitely endgame material; even the best Beorc for the final map.

There is one skill in Radiant Dawn I do not even know what it does (obtainable in the base item shop of 3-3 and called fanfare in my language) because I never could buy it due to lack on money...and interest.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

Admittedly, I never bring Elincia to the Tower, so I've never taken Mercy off of her. She's already good to go as a support staffer if I need it for her mandatory chapters, so I'm good on that front.

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

There is one skill in Radiant Dawn I do not even know what it does (obtainable in the base item shop of 3-3 and called fanfare in my language) because I never could buy it due to lack on money...and interest.

Flourish?

It's basically a Command skill where you only inflict half damage. It's... basically also for feeding kills for weaker units. Yeah.

Elincia is a superb 1RKOer; can even 1RKO an aura with the combo of two bloodtides and whitepool. I hardly use her for healing because I usually finish engame maps at max. of three turns. First map is the only one I never could beat in less than three turns.

Flourish?

It's basically a Command skill where you only inflict half damage. It's... basically also for feeding kills for weaker units. Yeah.

Checked out - yes, this is the skill I thought of.

Sounds not too great to me, so I did not miss anything.

I think I’m going to try Citra tomorrow, if I can somehow figure out why computer’s storage is so full when all I’ve added on there is chrome, a photo editing app, and vba with 3 game ROMs.

Edited by Sooks

Finished story mode of Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Well, I already played this game when it came out, but it was nice to play it again.

For some reason I did worse than in Robobot (died way more often), although I already knew about the game. Though I also noticed that the taken damage in Triple Deluxe is much higher than in Robobot. In exchange Triple Deluxe offers way more food items. Anyways both games are great in the own. I would rank Triple Deluxe a bit better simply because of the better designed True Arena. The lack of flexible food items in Robobot's True Arena was an issue for me tbh. And Triple Deluxe offers the probably loudest theme in the Kirby series:

a good wake up theme

4 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Finally awake after an almost 12 hours sleep. It has been more than the four last days together. I am feeling really recharged now mentally since the first map has been nearly finished.

I’m glad that you’re feeling better Jules.

4 hours ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Glad you're doing better! ^^

---

Been replaying Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.
Game's a lot more fun than I remember, to be honest. Might be because now I actually know all the characters; when I played the game for the first time, I had literally zero clue who any of these people were. I do still have some problems with it, but all in all, it's pretty good.
Also, I'm extremely happy, because this happened:
Qbpo8CF.jpg
R4tsILQ.jpg
With that, my power trio is complete!
This is his appearance in Atelier Meruru, and his outfits from Rorona and Totori are available, too. Very nice!
Also very nice: his Musou attack, is a shortened version of his Special from Atelier Meruru.

Somehow less epic in a Musou game... the genre that is known to make over the top things even more over the top. For shame, WO3U. For shame.

The girl next to him in that screenshot up above is the second member of my team.
Sun Shangxiang, Sterkenburg "Sterk" Sterky Steckel Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach (yes, I'm bringing that one back), and Nobunaga Oda are currently the trio I'm using, though the third person varies between Nobunaga Oda, Kunoichi, Pang De, and Sun Quan, because of course, although Sun Quan's moveset in this game is pretty meh, in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Guten morgen Draggy.

Good morning, Wraith!

And also to everyone else!

Just now, Jules Necrofantasia said:

und dankeschoen!

Gerne doch! ^^

---

5LBLNlY.jpg

Welp, heard it here first, folks! xD

Also, I gotta give a shoutout to Jurota Kosugi's performance in this game. He is the voice of both Sterkenburg, a kindhearted, albeit very serious knight, and Nobunaga Oda, a rather eccentric individual fancying himself a Demon King. And he nails both of these characters perfectly. You can tell it's the same guy because of the way his voice sounds, but the way he talks as each character is very different. Mad props!

Also, also

This theme is great.
It says Orochi 2, but this is also the Honnoji Temple theme for 3.

Speaking of Kirby, I remember owning a copy of Kirby's Dreamland 2 on the GameBoy Color when I was a kid.
I was not very good at it. I made it maybe to the fourth or fifth level, and never farther than that. I do remember really liking it, though.

The first (and only) Kirby game I ever fully completed was Kirby Air Ride on the GameCube.
As someone who does enjoy racing games, I really, really loved that game. I should maybe replay it one of these days. I still have it and my Wii hasn't said goodbye yet, either.

I have Dreamland 2 for 3DS virtual console.

This theme always gives me such great nostalgic feelings:

I have not played Air Ride which also will not happen in near future since it's a Gamecube console, means non existent anymore. Still would like to play it, if it was possible.

I played pretty much all popular action platformers with the exception of 64 and a few from the GBA and DS era like Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad and Mass Attack. 64 is definitely the game I absolutely would love to play it. It is also the only part I can think of which can combine two abilities, so actually a very challenging game to get all the story rewards.

1 minute ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I have not played Air Ride which also will not happen in near future since it's a Gamecube console, means non existent anymore. Still would like to play it, if it was possible.

Yeah, I can imagine copies of that game are very hard to find, especially for reasonable prices. And unless you want to resort to emulation, I guess the only hope is to wait for a rerelease, though I don't remember hearing the game doing particularly well when it first released.

It is fine, I am not totally crazy after this.

Was lucky enough to find a copy of F-Zero GX for like 30 € five ago, although I have to admit I wouldn't have missed anything, if I hadn't played this game.

I wouldn't even try to emulate Gamecube or Wii games; would only end in a disaster anyways.

6 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I wouldn't even try to emulate Gamecube or Wii games; would only end in a disaster anyways.

Although Dolphin is a fine enough emulator in my experience.
My laptop (and OS) can run it just fine, whereas DS, PS1, and PS2 are kinda difficult/impossible.

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Was lucky enough to find a copy of F-Zero GX for like 30 € five ago, although I have to admit I wouldn't have missed anything, if I hadn't played this game.

I had that game, too.
I didn't get very far. xD

Can't Dophin even collapse the PC?

I just thought by reading posts about emulating Radiant Dawn.

PS2 emulator didn't run when I tried to play Berwick Saga.

In general I don't want to emulate anymore aside of FE4 and FE5, though I hope they'll get a western release eventually.

I didn't get very far. xD

same for being stupidly hard

The only F-Zero experience I have made yet.

Played little of F-Zero for Switch, though I have to say I can't really get into old racing games anymore, same would go for first Mario Kart.

12 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

Can't Dophin even collapse the PC?

I just thought by reading posts about emulating Radiant Dawn.

Dolphin is a very good emulator, but it requires a beefy PC. I don't know if yours qualifies.

12 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

PS2 emulator didn't run when I tried to play Berwick Saga.

Yeah, same deal for this one. I'm afraid your computer just isn't good enough to run these emulators.

I see people were talking about worst FE maps a while back, so I'll revive the discussion to rant about the only map that has ever got me to drop a FE by virtue of being so awful: Reunion at Dawn, maddening difficulty. What a horrendously designed map. All it takes is a RNG-screwed lord, or one too many characters in the wrong classes, or a dead character (which, let me remind you, is a possibility that the devs should've accounted for), and that's it. You're softlocked for life.

I had a RNG-screwed Claude, mages Byleth and Ignatz, and a dead Hilda. That was enough to make the map utterly unbeatable. I could've gone back and reduced the difficulty, but what would I accomplish with that? I was playing on maddening precisely because hard was too easy and boring, and I wanted a mode that would let me enjoy the game. Maddening was not it.

If there was something that truly soured my opinion of the game, it was that. Reunion at Dawn - for me, the worst FE map by a longshot. It's not even a competition. I don't have a list of bad maps like everyone else, because no other awful map has singlehandedly destroyed a game for me like RaD did. Nuibaba's abode came close, but I was able to beat it before I lost interest in SoV. RaD just killed 3H for me.