Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

46 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This theme fits the area sooo well, imo.

Very nice. I dig it.

Well, time to vote for Marianne.

Morning, everyone. *waves*

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Congratulations on having read the best book series.

That's not Tolkien.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

I never read a book on my own...

Graphic novels and light novels count. So do cookbooks.

Bored out of my wits after finishing an SPRG on the Switch that isn't Fire Emblem (Mercenaries Wings), so fired up another one (Disgaea 5). This will keep me interested until Bravely Default II hits (maybe).

Well, cookbooks then.

I haven't even read a manga yet.

I listen to audio books instead - but only very rarely - because written letters can't be put into my head.

Also Animal Crossing New Horizons just came home........but not now. Still need to beat Kirby Star Allies, and then there will be Ryza 2 on upcoming friday.

Edited by Jules Necrofantasia

32 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But he didn't say anything about reading the Percy Jackson series...

Heroes of Olympus is better anyway.

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's not Tolkien.

I watched the Lord of the Rings movies once a long time ago. I don’t really remember them, but I enjoyed them then.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Morning thought: The reason we are not getting classic paper mario is because XB2 absorbed it

I can live with this.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

wish this game had a demo

Same.

Pull a Dragon Quest 11 and make it 10 hours.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Also note that the night version isn't too bad, either!

Nah bro, I don't like Tantal's night theme lmao.

I cannot run around Tantal unless the day theme is playing. It's one of those areas for me.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Heroes of Olympus is better anyway.

Tbf, while I do agree, I see Heroes of Olympus as like the second arc and not a second series, since The Last Olympian directly leads into The Lost Hero.

I've recently learned that Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and Trials of Apollo are all put under the "Camp Half-Blood Chronicles" lable.

But anyways, I do think even just Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter. Percy Jackson has better world building (though it is kinda cheating because it's pulling from Greek mythology), better characters and an overaching storyline that is justified. Harry Potter has good worldbuilding but we only see a tiny aspect of it since most of the time it's centered around Hogwarts and most of the main characters are Gryffindors and the storylines themselves don't really connect to each other outside of Goblet of Fire.

I don't mean to diminish Harry Potter, it is good, I just think Percy Jackson beats it and the only reason why the latter didn't get as recognized is because the movies are doodoo dogshit. But hopefully that all changes when the Disney+ series handled by Riordan himself comes out like next year I think.

31 minutes ago, Jules Necrofantasia said:

and then there will be Ryza 2 on upcoming friday.

Oh yeah, it'll be out there a few days after its US release date (which I just found out that it's today lmao). 

Looks like I have to stall getting BDII and go for Ryza 2 for now haha.

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I watched the Lord of the Rings movies once a long time ago. I don’t really remember them, but I enjoyed them then.

I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy very recently actually.

I like them, but for a different reason then I did as a kid.
Kid me loved all the cool action but current me really likes the emotional story.

51 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Well, time to vote for Marianne.

Rather her than Eirika.

But gatekeeper is all that matters.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've recently learned that Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and Trials of Apollo are all put under the "Camp Half-Blood Chronicles" lable.

Well that makes since, Riordan had written 500 books and at least Magnus Chase is also in the same universe.

But anyways, I do think even just Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter. Percy Jackson has better world building (though it is kinda cheating because it's pulling from Greek mythology), better characters and an overaching storyline that is justified.

My thing is that I just don’t like Percy Jackson’s plot, especially the first book. Pulling the story structure from Greek myths was not a good idea and you cannot change my mind.

I would still disagree on better characters, none of the Jackson characters felt stand out to me except Luke, Nico, and a huge maybe Percy.

As far as world building I don’t really remember what Percy Jackson did which might say something about the world building, but it might just better reflect how little I cared for the series. I see the overarching plot “justification” as the same across both.

Harry Potter has good worldbuilding but we only see a tiny aspect of it since most of the time it's centered around Hogwarts and most of the main characters are Gryffindors and the storylines themselves don't really connect to each other outside of Goblet of Fire.

I agree on the world building being good, but I don’t think we see a tiny aspect of it. We see Dobby’s reaction to how he’s treated, we go to the ministry of magic and see the statue of all magical not-human creatures looking up at the wizard and witch, we see the ministry’s regime throughout book five, if that makes sense, we see other magic schools and how one of them views magic and so on and so forth.

Goblet of Fire connects to Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince connects to Deathly Hallows, but the first three have little connection to each other and the fourth book other than the same universe and characters. I don’t see this as a bad thing, though.

I don't mean to diminish Harry Potter, it is good, I just think Percy Jackson beats it and the only reason why the latter didn't get as recognized is because the movies are doodoo dogshit.

Lol.

But hopefully that all changes when the Disney+ series handled by Riordan himself comes out like next year I think.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Maybe I should refresh my memory on the books? I did really enjoy Heroes of Olympus...

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Congratulations on having read the best book series.

That’s funny Sooks, I didn’t mention that fact that I haven’t finished reading all of Brain Jacques’ Redwall series.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

But he didn't say anything about reading the Percy Jackson series...

I read the first one something like 15 years ago, it was pretty good.

Edited by Wraith

The XC2 talk is making me want to pop it in again, I could justify it with completion of the one Blade Quest I left undone.

But, no. I've got Sakuna left unfinished and I can't remove it from my Switch until the. Damnit, why can't I throw off this albatross and finish the story?!

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Rather her than Byleth.

Fixed it for ya.

Speaking of the votes, tossed one at Arran, for the heck of it. I think I'll give one to Hicks tomorrow, and, I dunno, Malice past midnight. Then I'll enjoy the meltdown when Gatekeeper gets into Heroes.

...Or, y'know, maybe Gatekeeper and Chrom will end up beating Marth. That would deeply disappoint me, not gonna lie.

Also, best of luck to you Marianne fans. I truly do wish she beats Byleth.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Riordan had written 500 books and at least Magnus Chase is also in the same universe.

And Kane Chronicles. There are three crossover short stories between that and Percy Jackson.

I don't remember much about Kane Chronicles (other than I liked it) but I do specifically remember the part where the main characters are in the Egyptian underworld because their dad is the Egyptian god of the dead and they see a modern-ass person getting judged and it's explained that the afterlife people go to depends on their beliefs.....and if they don't believe in an afterlife, then they simply don't get one.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Pulling the story structure from Greek myths was not a good idea and you cannot change my mind.

Wait, how can you say that but then say you like Heroes of Olympus when it also does that?

I will admit it's kinda cheating to give originality points to the Riordan-verse but the way I see it, whenever your story pulls a lot from myths, it's up to you to do your own take on it. And Riordan does a very good job with the material he uses and how he changes some of it up. On a side note, I found it funny that in the Riordan-verse, Atlantis is an actual made up myth. Gotta admit, pulling from Greek mythology and deciding Atlantis isn't real was an interesting move.

agree on the world building being good, but I don’t think we see a tiny aspect of it. We see Dobby’s reaction to how he’s treated, we go to the ministry of magic and see the statue of all magical not-human creatures looking up at the wizard and witch, we see the ministry’s regime throughout book five, if that makes sense, we see other magic schools and how one of them views magic and so on and so forth.

My thing is we don't really see enough of those aspects.

The other schools, for example. We hardly know anything about them and then they are never brought up again after Goblet of Fire. Ministry of Magic is better in this regard because we go to it a few times but at the end of the day, 90% of the story takes place in Hogwarts and it's always the Gryffindor show.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Goblet of Fire connects to Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince connects to Deathly Hallows

Yeah that's what I meant. Goblet of Fire is a turning point in the series so it's arguably the most important book in the series. 

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, how can you say that but then say you like Heroes of Olympus when it also does that?

Heroes of Olympus doesn’t see the characters stumbling upon plot point after plot point. 90% of the Lightning Thief just feels so pointless.

My thing is we don't really see enough of those aspects.

Fair enough, but in regards to the schools they’re not really important.

Ministry of Magic is better in this regard because we go to it a few times but at the end of the day, 90% of the story takes place in Hogwarts and it's always the Gryffindor show.

Harry Potter could really do with a sequel series in the universe that’s not a movie series about the school textbook.

I know those are prequels but just.... no. The Ravenclaw common room is so cool, let’s go back there dang it!

Yeah that's what I meant. Goblet of Fire is a turning point in the series so it's arguably the most important book in the series. 

It’s also the best book in the series.

Meanwhile I’ll be over here actually liking Byleth... go female Byleth!

Byleth over Eirika? C'mon. I know everyone hates Eirika, but at least Eirika has a character and a design that doesn't somehow give Fates a run for its money.

Well, I guess the people will decide. Like I've said before, I'm more interested in seeing who loses anyway. I should make a formal petition for the interim results to include the bottom 10 as well as the top 10, like c'mon what do I care if some meme is winning or not, I wanna know if more favorites of mine are on the verge of losing

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, kuromiko said:

Tee... hee? What's going on?

The most important debate of the century, Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, with other things but there are always five things going on at once. Although the usual fare is “_______ fire emblem game bad, but this one is good”.

Are you new here?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Byleth over Eirika? C'mon. I know everyone hates Eirika, but at least Eirika has a character and a design that doesn't somehow give Fates a run for its money.

Well, I guess the people will decide. Like I've said before, I'm more interested in seeing who loses anyway. I should make a formal petition for the interim results to include the bottom 10 as well as the top 10, like c'mon what do I care if some meme is winning or not, I wanna know if more favorites of mine are on the verge of losing

How is that interesting? You already know who’s going to lose:

Everyone who isn’t a lord or in three houses.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah bro, I don't like Tantal's night theme lmao.

I cannot run around Tantal unless the day theme is playing. It's one of those areas for

Oh, really? I can respect that, but that's also why I said it's not too bad. Of course I prefer the morning version, though!

Just now, Sooks said:

How is that interesting? You already know who’s going to lose:

Everyone who isn’t a lord or in three houses.

That is a lot of characters, y'know. Quite a few contestants for the bottom place, far more than first, and they're a lot less predictable. Everyone knows who will win. Lords, memes and/or Three Houses girls. No thrill to be had there.

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

90% of the Lightning Thief just feels so pointless.

Maybe but it was a good foundation to start things.

On a side note, i do think Percy Jackson is somewhat geared towards a younger audience when compared to what came after. Not that this is bad, just an observation. 

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Harry Potter could really do with a sequel series in the universe that’s not a movie series

Yeah but I don't trust J.K Rowling to do that good. We already saw the absolute fucking mess that is Fantastic Beasts.

Also people need to stop giving J.K Rowling money. 

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is a lot of characters, y'know. Quite a few contestants for the bottom place, far more than first, and they're a lot less predictable. Everyone knows who will win. Lords, memes and/or Three Houses girls. No thrill to be had there.

So you meant specifically who’s in last?

12 minutes ago, kuromiko said:

Tee... hee? What's going on?

Are you a fan of Valtomé?

48 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Oh yeah, it'll be out there a few days after its US release date (which I just found out that it's today lmao). 

Looks like I have to stall getting BDII and go for Ryza 2 for now haha.

Didn't know Ryza 2 had different release dates.

Originally my Gamestop told me 26th would be the release date on their site until I got a new message a few days ago with the corrected date of delivery, the 29th.