• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

So you could say that anything below Gamera vs Guiron is a Kaijoke?

Yes.

Because i'm me, i decided to put Godzilla, King Kong and Gamera all into one ranked list.

Screenshot_2664.png?width=468&height=432

Screenshot_2665.png?width=467&height=432

Screenshot_2666.png?width=471&height=432

Screenshot_2667.png?width=458&height=432

Now i gotta wait until Godzilla vs Kong to have perfect squares on this list.

And i made individual rankings for both Godzilla and Kong as well, to keep things organized.

Hooray! Finished the first map of my SRPG studio project! Well, the gameplay part. I gotta do all the story stuff. And seeing how the heckin' prologue has a two-stage map...

I worry for later maps in terms of complexity.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm, what were the options?

I could type whatever I want, so I typed the right one but it was wrong, so I typed the rest of the forms and they were all wrong. I messaged my teacher and my first choice was supposed to be right, but occasionally the program doesn’t work.

I've reached Chapter 11 of BWS MinRec, in terms of recording. Gotta say, this has been a really fun run so far - some of the strategies have been downright hilarious. I still need to remind myself to upload consistently, hopefully I can get all of Chapter 7 and 8-Main uploaded next week. Now that I'm on campus, upload speeds are super nice, so I don't have to worry about tanking my internet for however long a video upload takes. 

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know I'm still in the middle of Atelier Ryza 2 but I decided it was time to bring Luigi's Mansion 3 out of hibernation. Last I left off was at the start of the museum floor.

Oof, good luck. I personally thought it was I only alright overall.

*Sees Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV has released on Switch... for $69.99 USD*

Too expensive to risk taking a gamble on. At least that cost includes the expansion pack. I haven't seen Koei do sales on the Switch before, which makes it an even harder sell to me.

49 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I know I'm still in the middle of Atelier Ryza 2 but I decided it was time to bring Luigi's Mansion 3 out of hibernation. Last I left off was at the start of the museum floor.

Reminds me I left that game off at the second to last floor. Which I think I mistook for being the last. The game is fun in short bursts. And I do think it has aesthetic charm that does the Switch well. 

17 minutes ago, Spara said:

I've reached Chapter 11 of BWS MinRec, in terms of recording. Gotta say, this has been a really fun run so far - some of the strategies have been downright hilarious. I still need to remind myself to upload consistently, hopefully I can get all of Chapter 7 and 8-Main uploaded next week. Now that I'm on campus, upload speeds are super nice, so I don't have to worry about tanking my internet for however long a video upload takes. 

Look at that. That's the real benefit of college, right there: uploading Berwick Saga faster.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me I left that game off at the second to last floor. Which I think I mistook for being the last. The game is fun in short bursts. And I do think it has aesthetic charm that does the Switch well. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ayyy, Luigi's Mansion 3! I loved that game, but I'm biased because I love Luigi. Finished the game twice, once solo, twice on co-op with a friend. It's pretty damn fun.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

So, realising Vestaria's on sale again, I look into Steam Play and how viable it is for it.

Sadly, no dice, everyone who's tried it has reported it as not even working on the first map if they can launch.

It's not like most of the games tested brick, but SRPG Studio isn't even on their database and I've no idea if it'd work or not.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Sadly, no dice, everyone who's tried it has reported it as not even working on the first map if they can launch.

What...? That's not at all my experience. The game worked great, I think it crashed once in my entire playthrough.

Of course, if you're not using Windows it may be a different story. I have no idea how it works on other OS.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What...? That's not at all my experience. The game worked great, I think it crashed once in my entire playthrough.

Of course, if you're not using Windows it may be a different story. I have no idea how it works on other OS.

That's exactly why I mentioned Steam Play.

For the last few years it's been expanding what games that are locked to Windows can work on other OS's. Used to be a small amount but it's much larger now, over 3/4s of the tested games (over 17,000) work to some degree and plenty just run, no issues.

Vestaria of course isn't one of them.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That's exactly why I mentioned Steam Play.

For the last few years it's been expanding what games that are locked to Windows can work on other OS's. Used to be a small amount but it's much larger now, over 3/4s of the tested games (over 17,000) work to some degree and plenty just run, no issues.

Vestaria of course isn't one of them.

Right, of course... Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain SRPG Studio doesn't work outside of Windows. Not to mention Vestaria uses an outdated version of it, because Kaga. Unless you're willing to go as far as to set up a VM to play Vestaria, it cannot be helped, I'm afraid.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right, of course... Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain SRPG Studio doesn't work outside of Windows. Not to mention Vestaria uses an outdated version of it, because Kaga. Unless you're willing to go as far as to set up a VM to play Vestaria, it cannot be helped, I'm afraid.

I would suspect that's still the case. Though, I am seeing at least one person say SRPG studio does work as of December.

As for Vestaria, it isn't quite the same, not merely because of it being built from a previous version. It's a bother that there's a good chance it might be inaccessible.

Last time I tried a VM, I certainly had issues, but it's also not a complete dead end.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Oof, good luck. I personally thought it was I only alright overall.

There is a Kaiju fight sequence in the game so the game is good.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The game is fun in short bursts.

Indeed. The plan is to play one floor a day (unless it's stuff like the museum where it's literally just a boss fight and then you move on).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's pretty damn fun.

Yep. It's got a lot of charm, neat puzzles. Although i could do without the forced backtracking. Which hasn't happened a lot but i could do without.

Not playing it in months has me relearning the controls though, it's one of the few games where i legitimately got rusty on and have to readapt.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though i'm not personally affected, it does piss me off how a lot of PC games just assume you have Windows. Yeah, i get that's what most people have but Linux and Mac users should be taken into account too.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Though i'm not personally affected, it does piss me off how a lot of PC games just assume you have Windows. Yeah, i get that's what most people have but Linux and Mac users should be taken into account too.

Like I've said, there are improvements, but it's retroactive stuff. I would put it more on publishers than platform providers (Well, it's mostly Steam and to a lesser extent GOG, EGS and all the publisher centred ones give negative fucks). It does impact my purchasing decisions, but it's not like I'm 40% of the market or something (One day Sunset Overdrive, one day.)

Course, no Proton equivalent on Mac I know about, but I could just not know, not experienced with that OS.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, i get that's what most people have but Linux and Mac users should be taken into account too.

So you could say that it Sux to have Linux?

Edited by Benice