• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

RD part 4 didn't just toss reinforcements at you like they were a Spanish doctor prescribing antibiotics, they also made the objective of all those maps to rout, so you had to kill aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of them. And let's not forget, one of those maps was a friggin' desert. Here you just have to kill Ersnt, and then you don't even have to walk Runan to the gate, because he does it automatically.

Counterpoint: the Part 4 reinforcements didn't come with Brave weapons.

And yeah, killing Ernst is the key but I did that on my first attempt and he negated my first two attacks because of that stupid Silver Shield and also has Nihil. Narron got ganged up on and died after. For the first time, Narron has let me down, ya hate to see it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, by the way, @Armagon, I've been meaning to ask - what units have you been using in TRS? I'm curious to see what your teams look like. Please, do let me know if you want.

Well I can't show you Holmes' team right now but I will show you Runan's when the map is done.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Counterpoint: the Part 4 reinforcements didn't come with Brave weapons.

Fair enough, but I still think just the fact that Part 4 was rout makes the reinforcements that much more egregious. You don't just shit out that many units when the objective is to kill all the enemy units. It's not polite.

And yeah, killing Ernst is the key but I did that on my first attempt and he negated my first two attacks because of that stupid Silver Shield and also has Nihil. Narron got ganged up on and died after. For the first time, Narron has let me down, ya hate to see it.

Hahahah... Well, okay, I can't blame you there. Ernst is the scariest boss in the game. Next chapter's boss is even stronger, but he has a crippling weakness in the events that happen during the map. No such thing for Ernst.

Also, the fact that you sent Narron after him is really ironic, for reasons that I'll reveal when you get to the end.

Or maybe now, 'cause I might forget. Would you like me to tell you now?

Well I can't show you Holmes' team right now but I will show you Runan's when the map is done.

Sure, no hurry.

Just now, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2770.png?width=554&height=432

Bwahahahahahahahahahahah... Well, now you've no excuse not to recruit him.

In all seriousness... yeah, it's better to make it there before this happens.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, the fact that you sent Narron after him is really ironic, for reasons that I'll reveal when you get to the end.

If I'm about to find out, I'll just wait.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In all seriousness... yeah, it's better to make it there before this happens.

How did he even turn into a catapult?

Okay, what the fuck is the Condor Squad doing. I thought their AI was set in stone to always move together as a team so they could take advantage of their five-way support, but Simon just... sorta flew to the side, completely out of range, and then Andrew and Philip went ahead and Leroy Jenkins'd Rishel without waiting for their support buddies. Thomas followed Simon to be utterly useless, and Mark got shredded by Maruj.

What a mess... And here I thought these guys were threatening.

Just now, Armagon said:

If I'm about to find out, I'll just wait.

By "ending", I mean the end of the game, and it's a really subtle thing that you might not catch.

Just now, Armagon said:

How did he even turn into a catapult?

The AI on those artillerymen reinforcements is to advance past Ernst and set up their ballistae to defend all paths to the fort. Hagar is not an exception.

AI on those artillerymen reinforcements is to advance past Ernst and set up their ballistae to defend all paths to the fort. Hagar is not an exception.

Wait....I thought they could only set up ballistae at specific spots? Or is this an enemy only ability?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Wait....I thought they could only set up ballistae at specific spots? Or is this an enemy only ability?

What? No. You can set up ballistae anywhere. You just can't move after you do so.

What? No. You can set up ballistae anywhere. You just can't move after you do so.

Ohhhhh.

I guess I must've missed the option the one time I used Tom.

Screenshot_2771.png?width=557&height=432

He says, as he's outside the box.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Kaga loves enemy Ballista as much as he hates armor knights

Thankfully, the ballista are somewhat inaccurate in this game. Though the damage can still pile up.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kaga loves enemy Ballista as much as he hates armor knights

You can prevent all of those ballistae from setting up. They're reinforcement artillerymen at first, and move to that area to set up, if you get there in time you can stop them.

Plus, Armagon missed it, but there's a map-wide AoE spell that can potentially one-shot all of them. Hagar included, of course, but who cares about Hagar.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2771.png?width=557&height=432

He says, as he's outside the box.

It's Hagar. He's... really not all too bright.

That said, you must save him. It would be such a shame to lose such an upstanding member of society. Get Mintz there ASAP!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Lol I just found the funniest method for finding desert items in TRS. When a unit steps on an tile that contains hidden treasure, the game lags while it checks if it's a thief. That's just hilarious.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Say what you will, there is something splendidly silly in seeing an entire field army of medieval wooden tanks.😄

Too true. Ballisticians losing their tanks is one of Berwick Saga's greatest shortcomings when compared to its predecessor.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s chapter three time.

Chapter three is Lonato, right? That means Poison Strike archers in the fog. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

No wait, three is Kostas 2. Right. That's probably going to be less unpleasant.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter three is Lonato, right? That means Poison Strike archers in the fog. Good luck. You're gonna need it.

No wait, three is Kostas 2. Right. That's probably going to be less unpleasant.

No, it's Lonato time.

There's not that many archers though.

I think the biggest thing with chapter 3 for me was that Lonato doesn't spawn until you get rid of the fog, so I knew where he was supposed to be, but I couldn't find the heckin' mage.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Plus, Armagon missed it, but there's a map-wide AoE spell that can potentially one-shot all of them. Hagar included, of course, but who cares about Hagar.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That said, you must save him. It would be such a shame to lose such an upstanding member of society. Get Mintz there ASAP!

The duality of man.

Anyways, I've finally, finally, taken all of the forts. Now to find a way to break the baliista wall.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The duality of man.

I did nothing but talk trash about him in my LP.

I also used him in all of the maps where he was available, except for like, the finale.

He survived.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Anyways, I've finally, finally, taken all of the forts. Now to find a way to break the baliista wall.

Throw Narron and any other highly defensible riders (such as Raphael, if he's deployed) at the wall. Then when few of them are left, sweep in with Mintz and nab the man himself.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think the biggest thing with chapter 3 for me was that Lonato doesn't spawn until you get rid of the fog, so I knew where he was supposed to be, but I couldn't find the heckin' mage.

Did they move the mage?

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did they move the mage?

I...Actually can't remember, since Maddening was my second playthrough.

I think that I had the camera messed up, 'cause I didn't recognize the map much; it seemed...Sideways.

Just now, Benice said:

I...Actually can't remember, since Maddening was my second playthrough.

I think that I had the camera messed up, 'cause I didn't recognize the map much; it seemed...Sideways.

Well I just got there! And the mage is in the same place.