• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Don't forget the one who caused so much Berwick chug.

I'd much rather forget him, thank you very much.

Or the one cringy guy who's been meming across every run...

Me?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I'm pretty sure I've consistently been the cringiest person in my threads...

Do iiI have to quote the last post on your LP?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But I'm pretty sure I've consistently been the cringiest person in my threads...

OP privileges?

And who just made a joke edit of the Doom cover because one unit kept popping off?

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Do iiI have to quote the last post on your LP?

Please, by all means. I mean, pretty sure I know what you intend to quote...

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

OP privileges?

Hah! True enough.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And who just made a joke edit of the Doom cover because one unit kept popping off?

But that was not cringy, that was awesome and I hope it does end up happening!

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I could go comment on Ruben’s LP and definitively settle the debate...

You must. Give me views. Give me loadsa views. And hey, perhaps discover a great new FE while at it!

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You must. Give me views.

Why does this give me Palpatine vibes?

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Give me loadsa views. And hey, perhaps discover a great new FE while at it!

I looked at it when it was created (as in, before the first ever upload) and you talked about an ongoing LP-wide side story that I wouldn’t understand and then I sorta clocked out. But hey, I’m not the biggest LP person...

A few of the Civ VI final "2/3rds of all civilizations" rebalances have been revealed.

• Spain is better now!
    • El Escorial applying to religious units now makes it more of balanced Domination-Religious civ, if not Byzantium good. Yet Spain still needs to rush to found a religion because no bonuses towards that, it's the biggest issue I have.
    • Treasure Fleets has been improved, it's still not incredible, but it's a lot better than what it has been. I'd have preferred if it applied solely to domestic trade routes for realism's sake, since Spain controlled the entire from New World to Old and back colonial trade flow. Doing domestics to get their now-easier-to-get-off-the-ground cities on other continents is a fine idea. 
  • Khmer got a mix of upgrades and debatable redesigns.
    • Jayavarman VII major adjacency bonus for Holy Sites on rivers that he needed. No bonus to Aqueduct construction, yet Faith from its ginormous populations is cool.
    • The Domrey isn't so bad anymore. Now that Catapults upgrade into new Trebutchets, and Domreys replace the Trebuchets, and Domreys are stronger than Trebuchets when they used to be weaker than Catapults. Not sure of the exact numbers, but this does mean that if you save your Gold and churn out the Catapults, you can promote into a mobile army of city-destroying ballista elephants come the Medieval era.
    • It looks like the Prasat lost both its second Relic slot and granting of the Missionaries the Martyr promotion. There goes the Khmer's Relinquaries  blitz to Culture Victory in ~100 turns.🙁 
      • That is the price Khmer has paid with Prasats now granting +10 Tourism with 10 Population once Flight has been researched, increasing to +20 Tourism if you grow a Khmer city so big. Growing to 20 pop should be no problem at all for this empire. And +0.5 Culture per population in a city with a Prasat is nifty, if a little late in coming.
    • It's sad to see that Khmer aren't the Relic-worshippers that were their sole strong point prior to this upcoming update, even if they're stronger overall.
      • Because Poland is haphazardly designed and thus bad (though good in the base game, it's the expansions which nerfed it), I hope Saint Jadwiga got Khmer's old Relic powers instead. Someone should take them.
  • Canada gets +2 Food from farming Tundra now instead of the usual +1. Mines and Lumber Mills in Tundra get +2 Production and Camps +2 Food instead of the hitherto bonus of +1. And, Mounties can found 2 National Parks instead of 1. Not the best buffs, it'll still be bad to start entirely in Tundra as Canada until you get a Builder out the door, but it helps.
  • Georgia gets Faith from killing units, anywhere, anytime, any circumstances, which is better than that Liberation War Faith bonus it had, if very simplistic. It opens the door to an aggressor Georgia now, factoring in the new Men-At-Arms unit which makes the Khesvur better.
    • I'm wishful that this means a boost for Gorgo. Her lone ability is Culture on kills, Tamar has that and double Envoys to City-States with your religion. Gorgo wants something, and a City-State bonus would suit her actually, given her Greece of Classical Antiquity was all City-States. Ideally something war-oriented to separate Gorgo from Pericles's Culture boost, Matthias and probably-sorta-kinda-maybe Gilgamesh can make room for another Leader Who Dominates Using City-State Troops.
  • Mapuche I'm wary of, but the Chemamull +1 Production ought to help their earlygame. I'll have to try using them once or twice now, and see how they good they are with their entire kit barring the Malon Raiders in some way bettered . They've the been the worst of the worst up until now.

Huge True Start Location Earth map sounds great too. The current official Standard-sized one is tooooooooo small! Japan and England & Scotland suffocate on it. May the new map be a good one. 

Overall, this pleases me and I'm hoping for more goodness.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I looked at it when it was created (as in, before the first ever upload) and you talked about an ongoing LP-wide side story that I wouldn’t understand and then I sorta clocked out. But hey, I’m not the biggest LP person...

Two things:

First, it only started in the most recent part.

Second, it's actually kinda simple enough to understand what's currently going on because things got cut down a bit after Berwick and there's not much going with it's integration so far. You can ask what you need to know in the thread too, or here (I'll put it in spoilers, no fretting here.). SGW is pretty constant with it's plot though, doesn't really slow down.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why does this give me Palpatine vibes?

Let the Berwick flow through you...

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What?! I explicitly said that it was just a nod to the veteran readers and that you should ignore it! Damnit, Sooks! My views!

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let the Berwick flow through you...

Well, Sun God’s Wrath.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What?! I explicitly said that it was just a nod to the veteran readers and that you should ignore it! Damnit, Sooks! My views!

Maybe I did some skimming...

Well, Sun God’s Wrath.

Eh, details. I'd recommend the Berwick LP, but that one takes patience. A certain dickhead spammed the thread, and as a result it takes more time to load. It frustrates me so much, but nothing I can do about it at this point.

Maybe I did some skimming...

Eyy, in all seriousness, tag along only if you wish. I don't mean to force anyone.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, details. I'd recommend the Berwick LP, but that one takes patience. A certain dickhead spammed the thread, and as a result it takes more time to load. It frustrates me so much, but nothing I can do about it at this point.

Spammed it with what..? 🤔

Eyy, in all seriousness, tag along only if you wish. I don't mean to force anyone.

I just meant maybe I skimmed when I read the first part the first time. And literally maybe, I don’t remember. I don’t know if I want to.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Spammed it with what..? 🤔

Arknights memes.

Yeah. I should've reported him far earlier than I did. But I was too indecisive and didn't want to cause trouble for him until he made me hate his guts enough for it.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

i just meant maybe I skimmed when I read the first part the first time. And literally maybe, I don’t remember. I don’t know if I want to.

How dare you not remember. My LPs are the most memorable pieces of fiction!

Arknights memes.

Yeah. I should've reported him far earlier than I did. But I was too indecisive and didn't want to cause trouble for him until he made me hate his guts enough for it.

Oh it’s a mobile game. Yiiikes.

Was it out of context spamming or was there substance?

How dare you not remember. My LPs are the most memorable pieces of fiction!

Ruben admits to his LPs being scripted. All the RNG, all the acting like he didn’t know what was gonna happen, it was all a lie!

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh it’s a mobile game. Yiiikes.

Was it out of context spamming or was there substance?

He'd take a word I said in the LP, then grab a screenshot of some shitty AK character saying dialogue that contained said word, and boom, there you go. That's what he called a connection. Repeat like 20 times per post, and you've got a most wonderful thread loading time generator.

God I hate that guy. I'm so glad he's out of my hair.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Ruben admits to his LPs being scripted. All the RNG, all the acting like he didn’t know what was gonna happen, it was all a lie!

If I was in charge of the RNG, you'd think I would influence it so I wouldn't constantly be made a fool of by it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I was in charge of the RNG, you'd think I would influence it so I wouldn't constantly be made a fool of by it.

Oh but you need the views, you live off the views, and for that people need to be entertained. An FE let’s play where someone doesn’t die to a 1% grit is no FE let’s play at all.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Repeat like 20 times per post, and you've got a most wonderful thread loading time generator.

Hey, at least there were a few good jokes...

And also the fact that he'd post more of that character's dialogue when it's not relevant.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh but you need the views, you live off the views, and for that people need to be entertained.

Ah yes, that sweet, sweet Serenes revenue of air.

An FE let’s play where someone doesn’t die to a 1% grit is no FE let’s play at all.

Okay, that is true, but it wasn't always bad things, actually. It just seems that most of the times I say something, good or bad, the RNGoddess immediately maneuvers to contradict me. It's amazing, in a way.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, at least there were a few good jokes...

And also the fact that he'd post more of that character's dialogue when it's not relevant.

Honestly, if it was just the Arknights spam I could've endured it. Most often it was completely irrelevant, but he did post a few things that made me laugh from time to time. If he'd listened to me and exercised some restraint on the amount of posts, it would've been fine.

The main problem, really, was the he was an unbearable, condescending, petty asshole that refused to listen and believed he was always right about everything. Not... not unlike Volcens, actually. Huh. When you think about it that way, it's a rather interesting parallel between the game and its LP. We had a Volcyboy of our own!

Edited by Saint Rubenio