Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Personally I don't find using problems that are likely to cause issues for people I care about as well as generally make my life harder, as desperate fetish appeal to be all that endearing.

Eh, doesn't bother me too much. Sumia is still quite relatable to me in lots of ways I don't see much of a problem with it.

If I didn't constantly paired her up with Chrom, I'd be doing it with Male Robin instead, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Eh, Awakening goes a bit heavy on tropes sometimes, but overall I think the balance is done well enough between comedy and a serious tone that I don't mind it all that much. Something my opinion has changed on over time, tbh.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, doesn't bother me too much. Sumia is still quite relatable to me in lots of ways I don't see much of a problem with it.

If I didn't constantly paired her up with Chrom, I'd be doing with with Male Robin instead, haha.

Chrom? Her boss and the guy who keeps seeing that she is in way over her head and doesn't do anything to help her?

Sure, why not.

I just... don’t think someone tripping is funny... I’m not trying to say it’s immoral and how dare the writers make something that’s bad into a joke and if you find it funny you’re the worst person on the planet, I just do not think it’s funny.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Chrom? Her boss and the guy who keeps seeing that she is in way over her head and doesn't do anything to help her?

Sure, why not.

It's like I said, if this wasn't a video game that depends on the number of units, then it would be brought up. But you have to pad the rooster and all that.

No, Yuliya, being a child means squat in this SRPG. You can use healing staffs, so it's off to be playable on the battlefield instead of being an NPC at the field hospital.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's like I said, if this wasn't a video game that depends on the number of units, then it would be brought up. But you have to pad the rooster and all that.

Oh come on. They had enough time to repeat the "fall flat on face" routine a million times over. It didn't come up because they didn't care about anything beyond surface level fetish appeal.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh come on. They had enough time to repeat the "fall flat on face" routine a million times over. It didn't come up because they didn't care about anything beyond surface level fetish appeal.

Ultimately, she can't trip on the pegasus, which where she would be fighting, so it's not something that impedes on her fighting ability. Reclassing aside but that's more a gameplay thing that doesn't get acknowledge on the gameplay.

Now sure, the tripping would be bad when she's doing chores, which we know she does considering some of her supports.

But again, video game. Let me enjoy the ridiculousness of the unlikely situation for God's sake! I enjoy fiction because it deviates from reality! It's the whole point!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, it's FE. It's playable if you're not plot-important else why are you even here? Only you get to be a non-combatant if you're enough important in something else.

To be honest, from these first few chapters, I'd say it's worse than the average FE in that regard. They're trying to paint this as a close group, but then most of them just vanish after their introduction. Not to mention people like Sully, Virion and Miriel who aren't even acknowledged by the main characters. Even friggin' Shadow Dragon let Marth speak to new units that weren't recruited by him. Shadow Dragon did this better than Awakening. Shadow. Dragon.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, Awakening goes a bit heavy on tropes sometimes, but overall I think the balance is done well enough between comedy and a serious tone that I don't mind it all that much. Something my opinion has changed on over time, tbh.

Again, I've only played four maps, but if the entire game is like this... I have to disagree, the game leans so heavily into the comedy side that it's impossible to take it seriously. The only time the characters ever behaved like they were in actual danger was during the cutscene with Lissa and Chrom running from risen in the forest. Everything else has been "haha anime humor" all the time, with enemies just sort of being there because we need gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just... don’t think someone tripping is funny... I’m not trying to say it’s immoral and how dare the writers make something that’s bad into a joke and if you find it funny you’re the worst person on the planet, I just do not think it’s funny.

Yeah, I've got to agree with this. If it was more obviously cartoonish, then maybe, but Sumia just... sort of breaks her face against the floor in a really brutal manner, gets up and everyone ignores what just happened. It's... weird.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, Yuliya, being a child means squat in this SRPG. You can use healing staffs, so it's off to be playable on the battlefield instead of being an NPC at the field hospital.

Meanwhile, Yubello: Here, take this axe. Now go cut people's guts open.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Ultimately, she can't trip on the pegasus, which where she would be fighting, so it's not something that impedes on her fighting ability. Reclassing aside but that's more a gameplay thing that doesn't get acknowledge on the gameplay.

Now sure, the tripping would be bad when she's doing chores, which we know she does considering some of her supports.

But again, video game. Let me enjoy the ridiculousness of the unlikely situation for God's sake!

Man, I wish people doing nothing but watching you suffer was an "unlikely situation".

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Imagine taking a video game that seriously.

Hey, if someone developing this game actually took it seriously, it might have actually ended up being fun.

Well, besides whatever studio that did the cutscenes. They obviously actually cared about their work. The contrast between them and IS' side of things is rather damning.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ven friggin' Shadow Dragon let Marth speak to new units that weren't recruited by him. Shadow Dragon did this better than Awakening. Shadow. Dragon.

Don’t you like Shadow Dragon?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I've got to agree with this. If it was more obviously cartoonish, then maybe, but Sumia just... sort of breaks her face against the floor in a really brutal manner, gets up and everyone ignores what just happened. It's... weird.

It’s supposed to be cartoonish. At least, I think so considering everyone ignores it.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hey, if someone developing this game actually took it seriously, it might have actually ended up being fun.

>saved the series

>2.28 million copies sold

Someone took it seriously.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To be honest, from these first few chapters, I'd say it's worse than the average FE in that regard. They're trying to paint this as a close group, but then most of them just vanish after their introduction. Not to mention people like Sully, Virion and Miriel who aren't even acknowledged by the main characters. Even friggin' Shadow Dragon let Marth speak to new units that weren't recruited by him. Shadow Dragon did this better than Awakening. Shadow. Dragon.

Just wait until the game goes full "power of friendship".

I suppose I can see why hack writers like that trope so much. As long as two people interact with each other without intend to kill, you can always pretend the story was about "friendship",

Hey, uh... Maybe I'm just being nitpicky here, but... Did nobody think of taking some sort of way to prove our identities before heading off to meet with potential allies? An emblem, a brooch, a royal seal, you know, something? This whole situation was so easy to avoid...

Also, tell me I can recruit Raimi.

Just now, Sooks said:

Don’t you like Shadow Dragon?

I love it, I'm just saying. People claim that Shadow Dragon's script is barebones and shit, but in this regard, it's better than Awakening's...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

QJQ3JSo.png

*Blush*

Oh lol I had forgotten this scene too... Yeah, clearly Zadetan should be canon.

Just now, Sooks said:

Who?

That should be the answer to your question by the way.

Dangit, guess Kellam will have to do.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

>saved the series

>2.28 million copies sold

Someone took it seriously.

It saved the brand. That's it.

As if a name means anything. Maeda could shit into a bag and write "Fire Emblem" on it. Doesn't make it "Fire Emblem" in any meaningful capacity.

And why would I care about the game's financial success? You think I am a Nintendo shareholder?

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

It saved the brand. That's it.

As if a name means anything. Maeda could shit into a bag and write "Fire Emblem" on it. Doesn't make it "Fire Emblem" in any meaningful capacity.

And why would I care about the game's financial success? You think I am a Nintendo shareholder?

You think they accidentally got a huge success by slapping a few words and pixels together? You should care because they actually made a game that did well, that would take quite a bit of effort. This didn’t accidentally happen, people can try to do things that you don’t like. Looking at how it did, they made a good game, so please stop. People put effort into it.