• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man, i wish the gap between the spring semester ending and the summer semester starting wasn't so short. I don't sign up classes until i know i passed the prerequisite but because there's literally just one week in between, i can only take one course again this semester. 

This is a blessing in disguise tho, i need two more math classes to get my Associate's and only needing to focus on one at a time will make things go a lot smoother.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, you only have a week of break?

That was more or less the same for me too in my second college.

Specifically between spring and summer. Summer to fall gives you two weeks and fall to spring gives you like four because winter break.

'Morning! What did I miss?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, will begin Vestaria's Ch1.

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Benice

Percy's paralogue is as annoying as I remember it.

Nothing more to say, that's about it.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, will begin Vestaria's Ch1.

Goood luck and use Prody.

Finally, onto Ch18 of this alt scenes run. This'll be interesting.

Also, (spoilertagging this b/c people here are just starting VS1):

Spoiler

I rigged the last ballista to kill Eddard, so I can get Rastelle and Cromwell in Ch20, and Lianka in Ch19. I wonder if Rastelle and Cromwell even do anything in the ending lol.

RNG sure loves to cause many hits in the 80's and 90's to miss.

Well, just about done with Ch1. Taking down Haldyn was actually amusing. Using Bonacel's Phalanx Lance, Haldyn couldn't hurt him... but with hit rates from almost everything being quite low, took many attacks to get some to land.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Screenshot_3079.png?width=755&height=432

This is like when RPGs tell you to talk to NPCs to progress the plot except it's worse because now it's just actively taunting me.

It's remained like this for like the past hour.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

You wouldn't say that it has much more than the originals then?

Probably more worthwhile to start over with the originals unless there's something really big in it, a I think the European version did have Expert Shpere grid.

I have played the European version back then, so I had the Expert Sphere Grid even back then, so it wasn't anything new to me (hence why I didn't know anything about international versions being different). I never used it, though, heh.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's probably going to be on the rougher side of things, considering it predates IV and each EO generally smooths out some of the gameplay faults of the prior games. Get used to enemies being static sprites as opposed to 3D models too.  

Unusually, there is a true ending and two other endings to EOIII. The true ending requirements I read are:

• Make a promise to lie, break that promise later.
  • Reach 14F and go to Armoroad for an event, then go to the Deep City for another event.
  • And, after handing in the mission for killing the 4th Stratum boss, do not accept the new mission for the 5th Stratum to unlock. 
  • Go to a specific section of 10F instead, and answer "yes" to the question asked there. The true ending conditions have been set. Your final boss will differ, as each ending has its own.

The sprite thing is certainly no issue, having played Devil Survivor as well as Strange Journey Redux.
And yeah, it being a bit rougher around the edges is par for the course in Atlus games. But by now, I know to expect this so it does not impact my opinion too much anymore! Just the jump back from Untold to IV was jarring back then.

Interesting note about the endings, as well. Especially the requirements. I'll make sure to note this down! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Zan Partizanne said:

Huh, I thought you play this game too rn.

I still want to get it, but for the moment, I have other stuff to play, like the Triangulum Arc of Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker!
I will get this game eventually, though! I like Persona 5, I really enjoy Musou games, so this one is right up my alley!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This is like when RPGs tell you to talk to NPCs to progress the plot except it's worse because now it's just actively taunting me.

It's remained like this for like the past hour.

Well, to be fair, there is only, like, two Artisans in town.
Leon and Logy, I think are the ones you seek. It's basically telling you to make equipment and buy stuff from them, if I remember correctly.

Screenshot_3080.png?width=766&height=432

I can't think of any benefit to having this effect.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Well, to be fair, there is only, like, two Artisans in town.
Leon and Logy, I think are the ones you seek. 

And Fritz. And Corneria(?). And Harol but that guy's done jack shit. He's apparently playable and some people have him by this point but *shrugs*.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3080.png?width=766&height=432

I can't think of any benefit to having this effect.

I THINK it increases the quality of the item or makes it stronger. But I never used this, so I don't really know.

And Fritz. And Corneria(?). And Harol but that guy's done jack shit. He's apparently playable and some people have him by this point but *shrugs*.

Nah, Corneria is also an alchemist, like Sophie.
I'd stick to trying to get equipment from Logy and Leon. I believe that should do the trick.

Edited by DragonFlames

Ch1 done.

I have to leave to my old college to finally do the final step to receive my Bachelor's Degree. Two years late but well, part of it is excused due to the pandemic. Hmm, maybe I can do some of Ch2 before leaving...

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd stick to trying to get equipment from Logy and Leon. I believe that should do the trick.

So it turns out i had to talk to Harol in the cafe at night to get those last five points.

So it turns out i had to talk to Harol in the cafe at night to get those last five points.

Oh!
Then maybe it was just talking to those people in general. Huh!

My bad for misremembering, then!

Edited by DragonFlames

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh!
Then maybe it was just talking to those people in general. Huh!

My bad for misremembering, then!

It's fine, I just assumed that everyone's asleep at night.

This game really doesn't give any indication of where there's an event, you kinda just have to guess.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's fine, I just assumed that everyone's asleep at night.

This game really doesn't give any indication of where there's an event, you kinda just have to guess.

You can see it when someone is in a location they're not usually at.
But it's beneficial if you just go and talk to everyone anyway. For me, it's fun, because I love just walking through that town (and yes, I am MASSIVELY biased towards this game xD), but I can see how that could get tedious.

Also, it might be too late already, but... Monika's events are an absolute b**** to get. Possibly my least favorite part of the game, and it makes me like Monika less by extension, too. XP

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You can see it when someone is in a location they're not usually at.
But it's beneficial if you just go and talk to everyone anyway. For me, it's fun, because I love just walking through that town (and yes, I am MASSIVELY biased towards this game xD), but I can see how that could get tedious.

It's just weird because every Atelier game (at least the modern ones) has always explicitly told you where there's a character event you can see. This one doesn't for some reason. Like, even when a character's in a different spot, that doesn't always guarantee an event.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, it might be too late already, but... Monika's events are an absolute b**** to get. Possibly my least favorite part of the game, and it makes me like Monika less by extension, too. XP

Imma be honest, i haven't noticed. I recall you saying events could be missable in this game despite the lack of a timelimit but i haven't really seen that.

VS1 Ch18 alt scene stuff:

Spoiler

Screenshot_896.png

Fighting him head-on is just asking to die instantly. He has Deific Revels, and with his skill stat, he has a 69% (nice) chance of proccing Astra and deleting your ass.

Screenshot_897.png

Sjarta's a lot less scary, but with her crit rate, industry, and crit reprisal, she is still a massive threat up close. It's a damn good thing these two only have 1-range. 

Also, sadly, there is no way to talk to them. You have to kill them. Makes you feel like a total piece of shit, but it's not really avoidable. At least Theodel bonked Adelaide to make me feel better.