Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Yooo based.

Also we've hit page 2469. Nice.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, I noticed. It's still going, that one.

The unpopular FE opinions thread has been going on since my junior year of highschool.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Oh yeah, I noticed. It's still going, that one.

I haven't watched the episodes yet but

Spoiler

Yeah, i do think it was a bad move on Chugga's part trying to pass his interpretations as fact. I know he clears it up in the next episode (regarding the ending at least) but he definitely shouldn't have included that line. And that he wanted to show "what she really said" doesn't make sense either because we don't know what she said.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it guarantees the next FE won't be Three Houses 2.

Bet.

But for real, i don't want Three Houses 2.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Bet.

How could you say something so terrible to me!?

But for real, i don't want Three Houses 2.

You don't want Three Houses 2 and you want FE6 remake.

Turns out Armagon was secretly my true ally in this thread.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I SAID IN MY POST THAT WE REACHED PAGE 2469 AND THEN SF SAID THE POST WOULD BE THE FIRST ON PAGE 2470 GOD DAMN IT

R.I.P. Now we have to wait until page 2776 for more memes.

...Acutally, I just went back to page 776 to see if people had acknowledged it, and I have two things to say:

1- Only Sooks did. I am disappointed in everyone but Sooks.

2- I was already around back then. Wow, has it really been so long already? I can scarcely believe it...!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO I SAID IN MY POST THAT WE REACHED PAGE 2469 AND THEN SF SAID THE POST WOULD BE THE FIRST ON PAGE 2470 GOD DAMN IT

Heh. Now that’s nice.

WxDoKei.png

She's a pretty interesting unit. Pretty bad stats, but Weapon advantage over all melee weapon types. Also extra Town Terrain bonuses. Imagine an Est with a super awesome PRF. From the start, and not after lvling up xD

Also she's the Tactician, so is she the player self insert?

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean, Three Houses kind of lacks prepromotes. I mean they’re sort of there, but they all rely on growths. So I feel like prepromotes are indicative of a different structure.

good. Jeigans should dissapear. Forever.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Coward, brawler Hanneman is the way

You do know you just gave me a reason to do another playthrough, right? xD

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

are you telling me Kaga is with Gust now?

Don't recall any surprise BS in NoA or BR, so... nope. xD

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Also Gust OST amazing is always 😄

Indeed!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

This is basically why I have no interest in playing Conquest, good gameplay or not. Characters generally make or break FE games for me. Conquest has almost nothing to offer me there.

This. A whole lot of this.
This goes for any and all RPGs. The absolute baseline if one of them can keep my interest is how much I like the characters that are presented to me. You may recall me quitting Mary Skelter 2 after about 20 minutes of playing it, even though I absolutely adore that style of gameplay. I just could not stand the protagonist of that game. Tales of Graces is marred by its subpar cast compared to other Tales games (in my opinion), and for FE8, I genuinely like two, maybe three characters, which is why that game isn't exactly on my list of "I want to replay it", either.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And sometimes, there are games that you think you shouldn't like for various reasons, going against one's norms of taste, but somehow, you like them anyhow.

This was Blue Reflection for me. I wasn't too fond of the magical girl genre, but this game won me over so much that I now call it one of my absolute favorites.

37 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

How can anyone be so based?

Easy: be me. XD
Actually, don't. 'twas a joke!

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Every time I see the name "Hanneman" come up, I think "Hanuman".

And I am reminded of a word my grandmother taught me: "Pannemann", which basically describes someone who is prone to accidents and generally very clumsy. Which is also why the name made me chuckle whenever i saw it.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

good. Jeigans should dissapear. Forever.

I mean, if you want FE to be not fun, by all means, let them go.

Seriously though, a Jeigan would've improved Three Houses Maddening's earlygame so much, every game with a properly designed Jeigan vastly benefits from it, why the hell would you say that Shrimpy, this has to be your worst take ever

Just now, DragonFlames said:

You do know you just gave me a reason to do another playthrough, right? xD

Damnit, what have I done!?

This. A whole lot of this.
This goes for any and all RPGs. The absolute baseline if one of them can keep my interest is how much I like the characters that are presented to me. You may recall me quitting Mary Skelter 2 after about 20 minutes of playing it, even though I absolutely adore that style of gameplay. I just could not stand the protagonist of that game. Tales of Graces is marred by its subpar cast compared to other Tales games (in my opinion), and for FE8, I genuinely like two, maybe three characters, which is why that game isn't exactly on my list of "I want to replay it", either.

Meanwhile me: Quits Trails even though I liked all of the characters except for one because both story and gameplay bored me to death.

Well, we already knew I'm an outlier here, nothing new.

Easy: be me. XD
Actually, don't. 'twas a joke!

Too late. I have already metamorphed into you.

And I am reminded of a word my grandmother taught me: "Pannemann", which basically describes someone who is prone to accidents and generally very clumsy. Which is also why the name made me chuckle whenever i saw it.

Panneman is like, all of my dreams come true.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seriously though, a Jeigan would've improved Three Houses Maddening's earlygame so much, every game with a properly designed Jeigan vastly benefits from it,

Being forced to use a Jeigan to advance is the least fun to have in FE imo.

I hate using them. That's why i love how FE5 and Conquest takes em away from you early. Sure you get pretty strong units relatively ealry (Dagdar 8x, Camilla Ch10) but they are more fun to use than early Jagen that's just a crutch to train the others, and then said Jeigans roflstomps through the whole game anyway in most FE. Except FE12. 

Don't design games around needing Jeigans. 

Anyway

Edited by Shrimperor

Honestly, I never minded not having a Jagen unit in Three Houses. I liked seeing each of the students grow without any strong unit to help them along. It was a nice change of pace from past games.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Being forced to use a Jeigan to advance is the least fun to have in FE imo.

...This... doesn't really happen in most FEs, though? Except in like, FE6 hard mode.

and then said Jeigans roflstomps through the whole game anyway in most FE. Except FE12. 

I mean, I did say "properly designed Jeigan." It's a bit unfair to compare other Jeigans to Arran because Arran isn't just the best character in FE12, he's also probably the best Jeigan in the series. Even Jagen himself can abuse Shadow Dragon's broken forge system and limited enemy variety to break his supposed unit evolution.

The likes of Seth, Titania and Frederick should absolutely never happen again, I completely agree there. Those units are terribly designed.

I hate using them. That's why i love how FE5 and Conquest takes em away from you early. Sure you get pretty strong units relatively ealry (Dagdar 8x, Camilla Ch10) but they are more fun to use than early Jagen that's just a crutch to train the others.

Don't design games around needing Jeigans. 

Well, yeah, I agree with this to an extent. A game where you're relying on the crutch because everyone else is too weak is not fun. On the other hand, if you have no Jeigans at all, then either you need to make the game piss easy so the growth units can keep up even if they're massively screwed, or make it extremely luck-based. And that's even less fun, in my opinion. Case in point, see Three Houses maddening and the earlygame struggle until the units start growing to acceptable levels.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

if you have no Jeigans at all, then either you need to make the game piss easy so the growth units can keep up even if they're massively screwed, or make it extremely luck-based.

Conquest is neither of those, neither is FE5 early game (although after early game FE5 does become easy-ish)

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Turns out Armagon was secretly my true ally in this thread.

The real Armagon was the friends we made along the way.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This goes for any and all RPGs. The absolute baseline if one of them can keep my interest is how much I like the characters that are presented to me.

This goes for me too, although I am fine with mid characters if I can care at least a little bit.

That said, if I can't vibe with the gameplay, then I end up dropping it and it does sting when I still like the characters. Although Baten Kaitos Origins' characters were good enough that I kept with the game despite not liking the gameplay.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I think the only ''Jeigan'' i acutally had fun using was Sothe. Because he is also a pretty unique ''Jeigan''

I don't even know if Sothe counts as a Jeigan. I mean yeah, he is pretty strong for when he joins but mainly because speed.

Well it's also that Part 1 isn't that long either. 

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Conquest is neither of those, neither is FE5 early game (although after early game FE5 does become easy-ish)

FE5 has both Dagdar and Eyvel up until chapter 3, and then Brighton serves as the Manster Jeigan. It doesn't seem like it has a Jeigan, but it does have a Jeigan.

As for Conquest, Conquest has Gunter for the first few chapters and then Effie who serves as a pseudo-Jeigan. It's less apparent than the other games, but she effectively serves the same purpose until Camilla joins.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

FE5 has both Dagdar and Eyvel up until chapter 3, and then Brighton serves as the Manster Jeigan. It doesn't seem like it has a Jeigan, but it does have a Jeigan.

As for Conquest, Conquest has Effie who serves as a pseudo-Jeigan.

Now we are just calling everyone who slightly a strong a Jeigan xD

And yeah, and FE5 takes Dagdar away until 8x and Eyvel until 24x. Conquest takes away Gunther at ch3 as well, to return him later.

I wouldn't mind Jeigans like this, honestly. Make them dissapear after a few early chapters that i can live with.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But, hey, less characters means better supports and shit, and story is the most important part of Fire Emblem, so it's a fair sacrifice, amirite?

Y5TI1Tt.png

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Now we are just calling everyone who slightly a strong a Jeigan xD

Well, yeah. I just use "Jeigan" so I don't have to say "stronger than average unit that you can rely on for emergencies while your growth units catch up" every time. If you go by that definition, the units I described very much fit the bill. It doesn't have to be an old paladin with bad growths that stays the entire game.

And yeah, and FE5 takes Dagdar away until 8x and Eyvel until 24x.

Doesn't matter. They still exist to get you through any tight spots in the early chapters - in other words, the Jeigan work. Plus, when they go away, the game instantly gives you Brighton, who serves the same purpose through the Manster arc. That's what a Jeigan is supposed to do. It may not be just one unit, but the concept is very much there, shared by these units.

Conquest takes away Gunther at ch3 as well, to return him later.

Well, chapter 4 has allied Ryoma who can solo the map if you need him to, chapter 5 has Corrin themself in their dragon form, and chapter 6 has all the royals. Then Effie joins.

Again, it's not a single unit, but it is multiple units that together serve the same purpose.

I wouldn't mind Jeigans like this, honestly. Make them dissapear after a few early chapters that i can live with.

I mean, that's the same as the Jeigans falling off, isn't it? It's what Arran and FE6!Marcus do. Arran can make it as far as Khadein with the right reclasses, but afterwards he's just hopeless. Marcus is only good for rescuedropping after Ostia. And that's a good thing. They're well designed.

I think the problem here is that you're thinking the likes of FE7!Marcus when I say Jeigan. That's not what I'm saying. Those types of Jeigans should definitely not happen, they're bad design. But I do feel that no Jeigan is even worse design.

2 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Y5TI1Tt.png

This is why this series is dead to me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

mean, that's the same as the Jeigans falling off, isn't it? It's what Arran and FE6!Marcus do. Arran can make it as far as Khadein with the right reclasses, but afterwards he's just hopeless. Marcus is only good for rescuedropping after Ostia. And that's a good thing. They're well designed.

I think the problem here is that you're thinking the likes of FE7!Marcus when I say Jeigan. That's not what I'm saying. Those types of Jeigans should definitely not happen, they're bad design. But I do feel that no Jeigan is even worse design

nah, FE6! Marcus is also super bad design, since you can'T do anything without him.

And i disagree with your last point, but that's a matter of opinion. To me: No Jeigan >  Take away > Jeigan > bad Jeigan

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, FE6! Marcus is also super bad design, since you can'T do anything without him.

But....but I get by fine without using FE6 Marcus.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

FE6!Marcus himself is well designed. He falls off as he should, unless the RNG blesses him supremely.

The problem is the game around him lol. FE6's early game on hard is way too much, hence why Marcus is absolutely imperative. In normal he's a lot less centralizing.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And i disagree with your last point, but that's a matter of opinion. To me: No Jeigan >  Take away > Jeigan > bad Jeigan

Eh, fair enough. I completely disagree, but fair enough, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Although i admit Endgame beard in Berwick wasn't bad, but he isn't badly designed.

Endgame Beard is an interesting case, because he's held back not by growths or bases or anything like that, but rather his availability. I find him to be pretty damn well designed too, but well, I clearly like Jeigan units a lot more than you.

Because you're wrong and bad and ugly. I hold the absolute truth.

God fucking dammit, I just skimmed through this page and I got bombarded with Thracia spoilers.

Thanks, Ruben and Shrimpy.

Just now, Maof06 said:

God fucking dammit, I just skimmed through this page and I got bombarded with Thracia spoilers.

Thanks, Ruben and Shrimpy.

Shit.

Sorry. I'm used to everyone having played every FE here. I'd forgotten about you and your LP...