Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Definitely!
On that note, why Gilbert, for example, has no facial hair at all is beyond me, honestly. xD

Gilbert's design feels weird. His face just screams "I need a beard and then I'll look good" but then he just... kinda doesn't, because modern FE despises facial hair for some undiscernible reason, so he's extremely ugly instead. I mean, heck, take a look at this fanmade design I just found on Google:

t1inqf313ia31.png

He looks so much better, it's not even funny. Meh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Seteth a best!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Three Houses is so sorely lacking on the beard department...

Meanwhile me:

Beards are evil

Beards are the enemy

Beards should be eliminated

XD

Jkjk, i just don't like beards much myself and before Corona tended to shave asap

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Seteth a best!

I concur.

Meanwhile me:

Beards are evil

Beards are the enemy

Beards should be eliminated

XD

Jkjk, i just don't like beards much myself and before Corona tended to shave asap

It's one thing to not like having a beard yourself, it's another to celebrate the disgrace that is Three Houses. If Three Houses had more beards it wouldn't be among my least favorite games of all time!

Seteth is one of the main reasons i can't agree with Edelgard, and pretty much proves her hypocrisy.

Speaking about beards, i read somewhere that japan doesn't like facial hair much or something. Dunno if true tho

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gilbert's design feels weird. His face just screams "I need a beard and then I'll look good" but then he just... kinda doesn't, because modern FE despises facial hair for some undiscernible reason, so he's extremely ugly instead. I mean, heck, take a look at this fanmade design I just found on Google:

t1inqf313ia31.png

That does look a LOT better.
It fits really, really well. And I'm saying this as someone who is used to the "no beard" design.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Seteth a best!

Yes!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And I'd consider myself somewhere in the middle. I think there are certain 'face types' that fit beards, and then there are those which don't. My own face is one of those. Not that I could ever grow a good-looking beard in the first place. xD

Speaking about beards, i read somewhere that japan doesn't like facial hair much or something. Dunno if true tho

I've seen this too. It certainly lines up with most Japan-based media I've seen. Just another reason Berwick Saga is the best game ever: They let Ward have a proper Endgame Ready Beard despite him being a main character.

...You know, I don't think Japan'd like Banner Saga very much. There's exactly three males in Banner Saga with no facial hair at all, and one of them grows a proper beard as the trilogy progresses. It's great. No, it's not the only reason I like the trilogy so much... though it is one.

That does look a LOT better.
It fits really, really well. And I'm saying this as someone who is used to the "no beard" design.

It's uncanny, really. If I didn't know better I'd honestly believe the fanart was the actual design. It just feels more... natural.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Seteth was like my second favorite in Three Houses. The guy gets an actual development arc outside of supports, I really liked that, and his reactions to Flayn's kidnapping made me feel for the guy. Great stuff. Plus, he has a good design. If only he had more of a beard than that... disgraceful chin moss. Eugh.

This has been your Ruben Talks About Three Houses Without His Eyes Going Red post of the month. Cherish it.

And where you still hates soul patches.

Even if he somehow doesn't look like a dickbag with one.

(Also, yeah, imo the seeming cultural association with beards and factors like: age, uncouthness and a seeming dislike for the uncleanliness that they also get associated with does affect their not being in media as much. Yes, I know that there are people throughout history with beards big and shit, but in an era where shaving is arguably easier it contributes. Japan in particular seems to have a disinterest in beards and with the arguments of beards being not clean it's highly unsurprising that beards are cut out of the picture)

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

t1inqf313ia31.png

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Wait, that's not Gilbert, that's Gustave!

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally, two years it took, but now I'm finally holding my Bachelor's Degree physically in my hands.

Also, I might be on the prospect to be hired again, so there's that too.

Good on you!

Don't really have much to add here.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

And where you still hates soul patches.

You win some, you lose some.

Just now, Dayni said:

(Also, yeah, imo the seeming cultural association with beards and factors like: age, uncouthness and a seeming dislike for the uncleanliness that they also get associated with does affect their not being in media as much. Yes, I know that there are people throughout history with beards big and shit, but in an era where shaving is arguably easier it contributes. Japan in particular seems to have a disinterest in beards and with the arguments of beards being not clean it's highly unsurprising that beards are cut out of the picture)

Yeah, well, fuck them. They don't know shit. I am the one who holds the truths of this world.

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, that's not Gilbert, that's Gustave!

Gasp!

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, well, fuck them. They don't know shit. I am the one who holds the truths of this world.

Rubeneroth for the next main antagonist.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Gasp!

Spoiler

I bet that's the main reason Annette had doubts about Gilbert being her dad.

Funnily, it's also one of the few times a beard would make someone look younger.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's uncanny, really. If I didn't know better I'd honestly believe the fanart was the actual design. It just feels more... natural.

Agreed. If I hadn't played Three Houses, and you'd show me this and said "Hey, this is Gilbert", I would have believed you, 100%.

Also, Ruben, if you ever dip your toes into Dynasty Warriors, I think I already know who would be some of your favorite characters, design-wise, at the very least:

Spoiler

IJawhhe.jpgXicge1x.jpgjCxWE1s.jpg

And MAYBE this guy:

Spoiler

PVHoYl5.jpg

Edited by DragonFlames

I genuinely think that this fight is one of the biggest reasons they remastered Judgement just two years after the release. Shin Amon is so powerful that he destroyed the PS4. Like, look at these frame drops...

Also, Ruben, if you ever dip your toes into Dynasty Warriors, I think I already know who would be some of your favorite characters, design-wise, at the very least:

Hide contents

IJawhhe.jpgXicge1x.jpgjCxWE1s.jpg

And MAYBE this guy:

Hide contents

PVHoYl5.jpg

Hah! Yeah, quality designs, these. I think I like the first one best, personally.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! Yeah, quality designs, these. I think I like the first one best, personally.

Nice, nice!
That's Guan Yu, a military general from China's Three Kingdoms period.
The description of his 'peerless beard' in one record (as well as the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel placing great emphasis on it) led to him having that in pretty much all of his depictions in modern media (except the ones where they made him a girl and yes, that is a thing, and I don't know why).

And on the subject of Guan Yu and Dynasty Warriors... here's the music post for the day!

Shu isn't my favorite faction, but their theme song is one of the best.

(except the ones where they made him a girl and yes, that is a thing, and I don't know why).

To not give her a beard was cowardice.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

To not give her a beard was cowardice.

They apparently gave her really long hair instead.
I swear, it's weird as hell, especially when you're used to the Dynasty Warriors design, like I am. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

They apparently gave her really long hair instead.
Doesn't change the fact that it's weird as hell. XD

Long hair is not the same as long beard.

Was this as part of just flipping everyone's gender?

Or for reasons I don't understand and I worry are more sinister than they should be?

Just now, Dayni said:

Long hair is not the same as long beard.

True!

Just now, Dayni said:

Was this as part of just flipping everyone's gender?

I think? I honestly don't really know, haha!
I just one day, while reading up on stuff, stumbled upon a series called Ikki Tousen that apparently has a majority of the characters from Romance of the Three Kingdoms as girls. I haven't looked much deeper into it than "my goodness, this is weird". xD

Or for reasons I don't understand and I worry are more sinister than they should be?

I think they just didn't want to give a girl a beard, but still wanted to keep the 'Guan Yu' feel, or something. xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

True!

I can attest from experience.

I just got soaked dealing with a pipe whose valve lever  was missing. On the one hand I should have planned before trying to use it, so I was dumb and probably pissed at least someone off. On the other hand it's closed now and the appliance it was attached to to keep it closed is free to be removed, so there's that.

Seteth besto of besto of male characters. Tied with Dimitri anyway, IMO.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

t1inqf313ia31.png

He looks so much better, it's not even funny. Meh..

That's a freaking glow up.

I'm very much in the "clean cut is best way" camp, but that looks great.

Though tbh, facial hair can look pretty good depending on the guy wearing it.

--------

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's a freaking glow up.

And all it took was the beard, everything else is the same lol

17 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Though tbh, facial hair can look pretty good depending on the guy wearing it.

Gilbert's clearly a beard guy, but IntSys/the artist had no idea what they were doing.

For the record, this is the original post with the Gilbert redesign. I just found it on Google, but I figured I'd give proper credit, since everyone seems to like it so much.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I just one day, while reading up on stuff, stumbled upon a series called Ikki Tousen that apparently has a majority of the characters from Romance of the Three Kingdoms as girls. I haven't looked much deeper into it than "my goodness, this is weird". xD

"There is nothing in the universe that cannot be transmuted into anime girls, it is only a matter of time." -Me after learning about that Azur Lance gatcha game that features Industrial Age warships and submarines turned into "shipmates". Like, who thought of that?🤔 I did read of one person found the game ho-hum, but then found themselves lost in a Wikipedia rabbit hole reading about the various warships, and were left wondering what the girls in the game looked nothing like the vessels they claimed to represent. So somebody learned some military history, that's a positive.

Now if they decided to add historical wooden warships to the game, the girl who is the Swedish Vasa should have one of the largest "upper decks" in the game. The historical Vasa was a powerful state-of-the-art galleon ghat symbolized Swedish ambitions ...and sank shortly into its maiden voyage, from a perfectly ordinary gust of wind. The Vasa was so top-heavy, and thus imbalanced, that it took next to nothing to make it capsize. Now salvaged from the bottom of the Baltic, it is a popular tourist attraction, and historical evidence that wasteful government spending isn't something new.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

--------

This is the second track from Bug Fables you've tossed on here recently, have you actually played it?

I was considering getting it last time it went on sale, but hesitated. I loved old Paper Mario, but I can't help but fear this highly-praised indie simply won't feel the same to me, no matter how good it is.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"There is nothing in the universe that cannot be transmuted into anime girls, it is only a matter of time."

MvVaA1L.png

And i was using private mode so cookies don'T affect the results, so yeah...

Fate cultural domination at work

Edited by Shrimperor