Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Watch the remake turn one of them into a girl

Not gonna lie, if the remake doesn't keep their lines identical I am going to be seriously disappointed.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Salem and Sara in particular would make evil dragon cult of plot destroying doom less cartoonishly evil

Salem and Sara in FE4 would be nice, but the one that I feel deserves to be in FE4 the most is Saias. The man's journey is only starting at the end of Thracia. He seems like he would've gone on to do great things in gen 2 if he had existed then. I mean, he's Arvis's bastard and can supposedly use his legendary tome whose name I'm blanking out on. That's so awesome!

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Salem and Sara in FE4 would be nice, but the one that I feel deserves to be in FE4 the most is Saias. The man's journey is only starting at the end of Thracia. He seems like he would've gone on to do great things in gen 2 if he had existed then. I mean, he's Arvis's bastard and can supposedly use his legendary tome whose name I'm blanking out on. That's so awesome!

Oh yeah he would be great as well

and then i use him to kill his shithead of a father. Do it IS

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh yeah he would be great as well

I feel like the chance of him being included in a FE4 remake is pretty good. He has great potential as a character, and he has relations with all of FE4's key players. Sara probably stands a fair chance as well due to her relation with the cult leader. Salem's the one I'm not so sure about. I mean, I'd love to see him, but I don't think his chances are as good.

As for me... Okay, look, he's almost certainly not gonna make it, but... I'd love to see Xavier lol. Give Hannibal and Oifey some competition in the facial hair department.

Unfortunately, it is also possible that we'll see Reinhardt making an appearance due to his Heroes popularity.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for me... Okay, look, he's almost certainly not gonna make it, but... I'd love to see Xavier lol.

Haha.

problem: no one with a sane mind recruits him in FE5

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, it is also possible that we'll see Reinhardt making an appearance due to his Heroes popularity.

i don't mind as long as he doesn't become playable, or his death is nullified.

Give him a cameo appearance for all i care

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hopefully you can kill him?

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Haha.

problem: no one with a sane mind recruits him in FE5

I mean, yeah, but a man can dream. Imagine Hicks in FE4. He'd break the game in half! He'd be more broken than Shannan, Ares and Tyrfing Seliph put together!

i don't mind as long as he doesn't become playable, or his death is nullified.

Give him a cameo appearance for all i care

I think this would be all but guaranteed to happen. The guy is too popular not to be acknowledged. I do believe they won't go much further than that, though. He'll just show up in a scene, talk to Ishtar for two seconds, give the camera a wink and then leave. That's my prediction.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And hopefully you can kill him?

Nah, I don't care enough about the guy to want to kill him personally. I wish I could kill his map personally, though. What a shitshow that is.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think this would be all but guaranteed to happen. The guy is too popular not to be acknowledged. I do believe they won't go much further than that, though. He'll just show up in a scene, talk to Ishtar for two seconds, give the camera a wink and then leave. That's my prediction.

Calling it now: if the remakes gets a form of battalions he'll be following Ishtar up to the finale.

Edited by Dayni

Did someone say

WARP STAFF?

Spoiling for Maof06:

Spoiler

I did.

Then I ferried the army across the broken bridge.

It was rough at the start.

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Calling it now: if the remakes gets a form of battalions he'll be following Ishtar up to the finale.

That'd be, in scientific terms, kinda crinj ngl

Did someone say

WARP STAFF?

Yes, that's why I hate it. It and half of Thracia along with it. Warp staff should not be an excuse for poor map design, just as divine pulse should not be an excuse for terrible neglect of permadeath. Hah, I gotcha, I put Three Houses hate in my Thracia hate post without warning. I am so sleek, truly a master of the craft.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that's why I hate it. It and half of Thracia along with it. Warp staff should not be an excuse for poor map design

I think one map where it works really well was ch19

Mainly because for once it wasn't the enemy warping all around, it was me xD

Hah, I gotcha, I put Three Houses hate in my Thracia hate post without warning. I am so sleek, truly a master of the craft.

Smooth as sailing a barge in the marina through a wooden pier.

That'd be, in scientific terms, kinda crinj ngl

Oh come on, that's not the scientific terminology!

It's "somewhat cringeworthy", come on, you should know this!

Mainly because for once it wasn't the enemy warping all around, it was me xD

And then there's me who was more tortured by that map than by any other entirely because of trying to figure out the first turn.

Just now, Dayni said:

And then there's me who was more tortured by that map than by any other entirely because of trying to figure out the first turn.

I used like 10 (Re-)Warp charges in that turn kek

then again i had like, dunno, unlimited (Re-)Warps in my inventory

I just decided to go all out.

And i still had enough Warps to complete the rest of the game in 5 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah, map 19 is a different thing, because you use warp to do something different than just "warp to boss, kill, seize."

Still kinda hate that you basically need warp or rewarp to save one of the houses, or to stand a decent chance to recruit Amalda/Conomore.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Smooth as sailing a barge in the marina through a wooden pier.

Come on, now, eh?

Oh come on, that's not the scientific terminology!

It's "somewhat cringeworthy", come on, you should know this!

Apologies. It appears I am part of a species that animalogists call "big dumbus."

Thracia has a brand of crap for everyone. Nobody is spared.

Well, nobody except for the biggest fans. Though I must say, I have never, ever seen an argument in favor of 12x. "You can warpskip it real easy" is not exactly a compliment, you know, especially when warpskipping is basically a fucking requirement to get everything.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I used like 10 (Re-)Warp charges in that turn kek

then again i had like, dunno, unlimited (Re-)Warps in my inventory

I just decided to go all out.

And i still had enough Warps to complete the rest of the game in 5 minutes.

Not enough of them on me, alongside some of my better units being benched.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, nobody except for the biggest fans. Though I must say, I have never, ever seen an argument in favor of 12x.

Hey, you get your dancer out of it. And you never have to see her be kidnapped!

Edited by Dayni

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

One of the dumbest ways to die. Especially if the ruler is unjust.

I completely agree with this.

Camus characters are the most hypocrite of hypocrites, and it's hard for me to understand why people like them so much.

This, too.

What irks me the most about them is that Fire Emblem has a tendency to paint this behavior in a positive light when to me, it is anything but. There is nothing "honorable" about throwing away your own morality in favor of blindly following orders, and I am grateful that Three Houses FINALLY gave us a character who calls this bullshit out.

I do think Cult-kun needs fixing as well, as the whole cult thing especially ruins gen2 for me

Oh the Loptyr sect? They were a thing, certainly. xD

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

True, but still. Different hair colors would have been more than possible.

I suppose that's fair enough, but obviously they wanted her and Lewyn to have striking similarities as they are "destined".

Ah no 12x is the Lara one right. Which one's was Olwen again?

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What irks me the most about them is that Fire Emblem has a tendency to paint this behavior in a positive light when to me, it is anything but. There is nothing "honorable" about throwing away your own morality in favor of blindly following orders

Especially when you consider History...

Then in FE ''He is feeding Dragon Satan Kids, but they are orders, so s/he must be good person''

Me be like: ''What the fuck?''

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh the Loptyr sect? They were a thing, certainly. xD

Dark Dragon Cult of plot destroying doom as i like to call em

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Isn't that the one where depending on RNG Olwen can die first turn before you can do anything

200px-Shouzou_Kaga_1994.png

No, that's 11x. 12x is the one where you have to know that you must've trained Safie to A staves and use the warp staff to move Lara to the throne room. Otherwise, you're fucked.

6 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hey, you get your dancer out of it. And you never have to see her be kidnapped!

I'd rather see her be kidnapped than have her locked behind that disgrace of a map. Seriously, how did they even come up with that? "I'm gonna make it so that all the rewards are impossible to get unless you have the missable warp staff and trained the unit in the missable gaiden." What kind of a concept is that?

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

What irks me the most about them is that Fire Emblem has a tendency to paint this behavior in a positive light when to me, it is anything but. There is nothing "honorable" about throwing away your own morality in favor of blindly following orders,

Yes, this, basically.

and I am grateful that Three Houses FINALLY gave us a character who calls this bullshit out.

Kaga did it first. August in Thracia argues... actually the exact same points you've made in the above quote in chapter 11x, when talking with Dorias about Reinhardt. It's great stuff. Fuck Three Houses, it didn't do shit.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

There is nothing "honorable" about throwing away your own morality in favor of blindly following orders, and I am grateful that Three Houses FINALLY gave us a character who calls this bullshit out.

"He DiEd A kNiGhT"

Apologies, it immediately came to mind when you said that.

All that aside, I have come around on him.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd rather see her be kidnapped than have her locked behind that disgrace of a map. Seriously, how did they even come up with that? "I'm gonna make it so that all the rewards are impossible to get unless you have the missable warp staff and trained the unit in the missable gaiden." What kind of a concept is that?

Jeez people, at least one of us here is blind to the game.

Spoiler

I'm trying to think of who counts under the latter. If it's Safiya, well that's a weird gaiden anyways and we all know that. And you can get Mr. Sword without warping either. Also, technically you want her warped in because of Ms. Steal your goods.

So they revealed the ages for the Kuro no Kiseki party members (looks like they have done for a while now but now they have them all)

IMG_20210527_072241.jpg

The MC being well into his 20s is a surprise, as Trails protagonists were always in their teens when their journey started out (Kevin being an exception as he was 21 when he was introduced but wouldn't be an MC until later).

Also the obligatory nice, we have a playable character who's 69 years old.

Gotta say, this does feel like the most varied cast the series has had in terms of character ages.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They keep finding ways to reinvent the Slime. A Daruma is a new way of doing I think, surprising, given how Japanese DQ is.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Darumonitor.

That would be cool imo.

(I know you all said it's a Slime, shhh)

Y'all missed the joke

7b8b9cbc22da0f51cc6710d470a70abd.png

Granted, it's an ironic joke because that's the internet era we live in now.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

An FE4 remake that fixes all of these issues DOES have the potential to be the best FE game, storywise, however. I will say that much... unless they completely butcher it, which is always possible.

Like Shrimpy said, the big issue with FE4 is the cult. Kaga just likes injecting cult where it doesn't belong. TRS is also pretty bad with this, as I've stated in my review of the game: 

"Narratively, the game also takes a hit in this last stretch because i really, really do not care about evil cult when the kingdom vs empire plot was way more interesting, and this is made worse because the cult is directly responsible for the entire war. Don't get me wrong, a lot of the enemy generals hate the cult but i'm just tired of evil cult being the cause of everyone's problems.

There's something interesting on paper on how the Gerxel Cult was formed after centuries of oppression and there are two characters that try to humanize the cult but it all still falls flat when all the other members of the cult are presented as nothing more than demon worshippers. The main villain is particularly pathetic, mainly because he barely shows up in the story, not to mention he has zero interactions with the main heroes. I never thought it'd be possible to write a main villain in this way. He's hardly relevant, has no interactions."

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

TearRing Saga's Camus is pretty amazing

Yeah it was pretty amazing when he walked head first into Runan's sword.

LeaSmug.png

I will never let you forget this.

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Especially when you consider History...

Yep.

Then in FE ''He is feeding Dragon Satan Kids, but they are orders, so s/he must be good person''

Me be like: ''What the fuck?''

Draggy be like: "What the fuck?" at the same time. xD

Dark Dragon Cult of plot destroying doom as i like to call em

Best name ever. XD

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Kaga did it first. August in Thracia argues... actually the exact same points you've made in the above quote in chapter 11x, when talking with Dorias about Reinhardt. It's great stuff. Fuck Three Houses, it didn't do shit.

Hm, okay then! I stand corrected!
I haven't played Thracia past Chapter 4, so I didn't know. xD

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

"He DiEd A kNiGhT"

XD

On that note, Gilbert is a shitty father for abandoning his family, but Rodrigue is not much better, considering he basically completely ignored his son's grief over losing his older brother.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

All that aside, I have come around on him.

The second Felix said "blind loyalty is stupid", I knew he'd be high up on my list of favorites.

---

Anyway, music post of today:

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Y'all missed the joke

7b8b9cbc22da0f51cc6710d470a70abd.png

Granted, it's an ironic joke because that's the internet era we live in now.

Trust me, I didn't want to.

Not everything is Among Us.

I do think photoshopping in that blue area's got promise though.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

On that note, Gilbert is a shitty father for abandoning his family, but Rodrigue is not much better, considering he basically completely ignored his son's grief over losing his older brother.

Yep.

Rodrigue is a pretty stupid man at times.

And that's especially after AM.