Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I just realized that some of the gameplay portions of the Mario and Rabbids trailer showed Mario not in the front position of the group.

Which might mean you can actually customize your team properly this time around without the absurd limitations.

Hey guys, you think if I draw a 2 on my monitor on top of the 1 in 2021 in my computer's calendar, it'll work? Because I really could use getting to 2022 right about now.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ruben inventing time travel, 2021?2 colorized

I fucking hate these kinds of announcements. They show me an awesome-looking game and then plaster the 2022 at the end and I'm like "BUT I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOWWWW"

...Though to be fair, I wouldn't want to rush them. The game already looks great and it's in the pre-alpha state. I can only imagine what they'll get done with another year.

Incidentally, you can tell the folks at Ubisoft Milan are a different breed from the rest because they actually showed - gasp! - gameplay in their trailer, as opposed to all the generic shooters which offered a bland hyperrealistic cutscene and that was it. What the hell are those guys even doing with Ubisoft...? The big man himself looks like a fucking indie dev, I love it.

So yeah, I'm excited. Nothing to do but wait for the excitement to go away, because 2022 ain't coming any faster.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, you can tell the folks at Ubisoft Milan are a different breed from the rest because they actually showed - gasp! - gameplay in their trailer, as opposed to all the generic shooters which offered a bland hyperrealistic cutscene and that was it. What the hell are those guys even doing with Ubisoft...? The big man himself looks like a fucking indie dev, I love it.

i liked the interview as well. I love it when devs are excited (and show it) about what they are making. Could be fakin it, but eh, i take it.

So... I'm playing a bit of Jeanne d'Arc, fully expecting a Hundred Years War historical fiction story... only to be immediately told about a Great Fiend War, with demons and all that good stuff, and some kind of evil sorceror guy who lets the prince of England be possessed by the Lord of the Fiends.
wat? XD

Ah, and here's Jeanne... Wait, hold the phone! I know that voice.
*checks*
Yep, sure enough, that's Maaya Sakamoto. As in, the same woman who would later go on to voice...
6ZnrPH1.jpg

This CAN'T be a coincidence. XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

i liked the interview as well. I love it when devs are excited (and show it) about what they are making. Could be fakin it, but eh, i take it.

The man straight up cried when Miyamoto complimented him during the presentation of the first game. Here, check it out.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

wat? XD

Jeanne jp edition xD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The man straight up cried when Miyamoto complimented him during the presentation of the first game. Here, check it out.

a fan to the core eh?

remember when first game was announced how everyone was ''wat?why?how?'' and now the sequel is one of the best things of e3 xD

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Jeanne jp edition xD

XD

The gameplay is straight up FE meets Stella Glow. Basically, it's FEs turn-based system where you switch between player and enemy phases, but you also have things from Stella Glow, such as advantageous attacks from the side and back, as well as the ability to use items on allies. Basically, the best of both worlds!

Also
Nk7LkX9.png

She bonks.

k9vDKFR.png

FE-style movement

Rf54SA7.png

But then you also have this, which I like!

Q5zoCuM.png

Also, these Orcs are FE6 Fighters. XD

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

a fan to the core eh?

remember when first game was announced how everyone was ''wat?why?how?'' and now the sequel is one of the best things of e3 xD

That's what happens when a person who genuinely loves videogames as a medium is put in charge. The concept itself would've been a disaster in the hands of a hack corporative only in it for the money, but this man and his team were truly passionate about it, so it turned out to be a truly great thing.

I mean, hell, the pitch convinced fuckin' Miyamoto, the same guy who doesn't want unique character designs in Paper Mario. Soliani was so passionate and dedicated that he managed to convince the hard-asses at Nintendo who hold their most prized property with an iron grip to let him give Mario a gun. How badass is that?

Doesn't seem like they've lost any of that passion for the sequel. Quite the opposite, they seem to be taking the opportunity to be a bit bolder and explore different possibilities, instead of just crapping out the same game under a different name for 60 bucks. Shit, what the fuck are these guys doing with Ubisoft, seriously!? How is it possible?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

pzzXawG.png

The text is looking weird in this game, though.
Bit of a bummer, but no dealbreaker (though I am apparently playing an undub version, so that may have something to do with it).

Also, insert Roger memes here

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She bonks.

are the orcs trying to lewd Jeanne xD

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shit, what the fuck are these guys doing with Ubisoft, seriously!? How is it possible?

every corp has some light

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The text is looking weird in this game, though.

oh yeah i remember that. You need to install some font or something if you're using ppsspp

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

are the orcs trying to lewd Jeanne xD

Oh my! XD

oh yeah i remember that. You need to install some font or something if you're using ppsspp

Oh, I see! Thanks for the heads-up!
Now I just need to find it. xD

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

every corp has some light

True enough. I hope these guys are getting paid and treated well, at least. With some of the horror stories you hear about Ubisoft...

Fuck executives, seriously. All too often the devs themselves are just people trying to make a good game, but then the higher-ups arrive with their deadlines, their abusive demands and their shitty corporate ideas and crap all over the final product. And then the devs get all the hate. Oof... What a shame, that shit like this happens in every entertainment medium.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

of course!
Hometown goes up in flames, dad dies.

fe.png

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Now I just need to find it. xD

check r/roms

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck executives, seriously

capitalism.png

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

fe.png

XD

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

check r/roms

Will do, thank you! ^^

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With some of the horror stories you hear about Ubisoft...

Yeah, just last year, some really dark shit was unearthed about them.
Which contributed to my unwillingness to buy anything with their name on it.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fuck executives, seriously.

Absolutely.

---

aaHOFhC.pngEpDTPd6.pngbOeUB7I.png

Jeanne is a Magical Girl confirmed? xD

qQUqX20.png

That armor does look pretty awesome though, all things considered.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

check r/roms

Gasp Shrimpy! You can't do that! You must instead direct him to r/veryLegitGames.

capitalism.png

Well, it's the truth. Oh hey, I just got a message from the US government, I think I'm no longer allowed to enter the country.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, just last year, some really dark shit was unearthed about them.
Which contributed to my unwillingness to buy anything with their name on it.

Yes, that's the sad part of this. Not everyone in Ubisoft is like that, but due to the despicable actions of their higher ups, everyone else gets shat on, and the higher ups don't even suffer any consequences because, well, they're the higher ups. It's so unfair.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

SABER!

Also true. XD

All that stuff is apparently this:
g2Hcht8.pngzYe1wY8.png

So... she got Galeforce now, basically? Wow!

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, that's the sad part of this. Not everyone in Ubisoft is like that, but due to the despicable actions of their higher ups, everyone else gets shat on, and the higher ups don't even suffer any consequences because, well, they're the higher ups. It's so unfair.

Yeah, it's always the little man who suffers, while the top brass gets off scot-free. It sucks, I agree.
The people working at Ubisoft are just poor workers who try to make a living doing what they (maybe) love, who get shat on by the higher ups. I think it's high-time someone shat on the higher-ups instead.

Even more biting is that Ubisoft is a French company, part of the EU, which prides itself in superior workers' rights and protection.
I won't comment further on this, but... well, just take it as a tidbit of information.

also draggy make sure to have ublock ready

Never without it! xD

Edited by DragonFlames

yup

don't overstimate it however is what i will say

I won't, no worries!
I will say, though, the boost to Jeanne's stats is pretty insane. It would be gamebreaking if it didn't have that turn limit.