• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

But yeah, fun game so far! Really enjoying it! Story is intriguing, too, particularly because the main villain is shaping up to be a small child, something I've only seen in Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls so far.
xkv6oqn.png

Guy on the left is the sorceror dude from the beginning, some guy by the name of Bedford.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

character development

Well, yeah, but still.
The long hair looked better on her, I think. Now she just looks like a bootleg Saber. xD

Edited by DragonFlames

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, it's always the little man who suffers, while the top brass gets off scot-free. It sucks, I agree.
The people working at Ubisoft are just poor workers who try to make a living doing what they (maybe) love, who get shat on by the higher ups. I think it's high-time someone shat on the higher-ups instead.

Even more biting is that Ubisoft is a French company, part of the EU, which prides itself in superior workers' rights and protection.
I won't comment further on this, but... well, just take it as a tidbit of information.

Yes, it's quite the shitty situation, overall. I find it completely understandable to refuse to buy any Ubisoft products. I mean, it's not like I care about any of them save for Mario and Rabbids. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the resolve to avoid buying that one. If there's one Ubisoft game I'd want to see succeed, it's that one.

27 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what is it with blonde waifu MC and justice anyway?

Meanwhile Reese: "I'm going to frame this jailor for the deal he made with me that I came up with in the first place."

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the resolve to avoid buying that one. If there's one Ubisoft game I'd want to see succeed, it's that one.

In that case, I do hope the game turns out well, and Ubisoft keeps its monetization schemes far away from it!
And the execs keep their molesting hands off of the team who makes the game.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In that case, I do hope the game turns out well, and Ubisoft keeps its monetization schemes far away from it!
And the execs keep their molesting hands off of the team who makes the game.

So do I, so do I. This game and the previous one were developed by the Milan branch of Ubisoft, not the main branch in France. Here's hoping it's an entirely different world overthere.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Sorry for sounding so cynical about all of this, haha
Don't mean to dampen your excitement about the game at all.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This game and the previous one were developed by the Milan branch of Ubisoft, not the main branch in France. Here's hoping it's an entirely different world overthere.

Didn't see the edit, my bad!

Yeah, let's! ^^

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sorry for sounding so cynical about all of this, haha
Don't mean to dampen your excitement about the game at all.

No no, it's completely understandable. Heck, if anything, these kinds of topics should be brought up more. Part of the reason nothing is done about these issues is that the products still sell perfectly fine, because very few people are willing to boycott a company whose games they enjoy. And as long as the cash is rolling in, who needs to improve anything? It's a sad reality, I'm afraid. Humans are weak.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is:

• Boycotts rarely, if ever, work
  • People who try it get hated on by the internet

Sad, but true. I still find it commendable when people stick to their guns and decide not to support such companies, even if it ultimately doesn't do all that much because you can't win against big corps. I'm just not strong enough to resist Bow Luigi, I'm afraid.

29 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Didn't see the edit, my bad!

Yeah, let's! ^^

It's my hope, at least! Not just so that I can make my purchase with a clear conscience, but also because the team behind Mario and Rabbids are so cool and I want the best for them. Hey Ninty, maybe you could steal them away if this game is successful as well? I'm not that fond of you these days, but you're better than Ubisoft.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey Ninty, maybe you could steal them away if this game is successful as well? I'm not that fond of you these days, but you're better than Ubisoft.

Ruben be like:

"Let these guys make an FE!"

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ruben be like:

"Let these guys make an FE!"

Hahaha... Naaah, Mario's their jam. Let them do what they like, it's how they gave us that wonderful first game.

...Mario Emblem, though. Now there's a thought...

Oh, by the way, Shrimpy!
When I continue playing Jeanne d'Arc, and get to a point where you haven't played it yet, should I put spoiler tags if I show screenshots/talk about plot?

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No no, it's completely understandable. Heck, if anything, these kinds of topics should be brought up more. Part of the reason nothing is done about these issues is that the products still sell perfectly fine, because very few people are willing to boycott a company whose games they enjoy. And as long as the cash is rolling in, who needs to improve anything? It's a sad reality, I'm afraid. Humans are weak.

Agreed, and yeah, it's sad.

39 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Thing is:

• Boycotts rarely, if ever, work
  • People who try it get hated on by the internet

Boycotts don't work, it's true.
Still, I decide not to buy games from EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and the like, even if it will only make myself feel better.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey Ninty, maybe you could steal them away if this game is successful as well? I'm not that fond of you these days, but you're better than Ubisoft.

And maybe do the same with Gust Studios, while you're at it. They're too good for Koei Tecmo, who also have rather shady business practices (one game of theirs has over $1,000 worth of DLC, I shit you not). And the season passes for Blue Reflection and Atelier Ryza are horrendously overpriced... which is why I have gotten neither of those.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Mario will take that-a head from your shoulders... and hang it from the gates of Peach's Castle! Wahoohoo!

XD
Glorious!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mario will take that-a head from your shoulders... and hang it from the gates of Peach's Castle! Wahoohoo!

Lmao

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

When I continue playing Jeanne d'Arc, and get to a point where you haven't played it yet, should I put spoiler tags if I show screenshots/talk about plot?

Please^^

Altho i don't remember where i stopped exactly

Has been some years haha

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And maybe do the same with Gust Studios, while you're at it. They're too good for Koei Tecmo, who also have rather shady business practices (one game of theirs has over $1,000 worth of DLC, I shit you not). And the season passes for Blue Reflection and Atelier Ryza are horrendously overpriced... which is why I have gotten neither of those.

DLC ends up being most games downfall imo. The idea was good back then, but now they're just milking it. taking advantage of dedicated fans like us.

Wario as Claude.

"Look guys look, it's one of my greatest achievements-- End of racism for Fodlan, hahaha!"

Honestly, I think I would've liked the game better if it was Wario instead of Claude. Just, straight up, no adjustments or anything, Wario randomly in a FE game. Glorious.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

DLC ends up being most games downfall imo. The idea was good back then, but now they're just milking it. taking advantage of dedicated fans like us.

Fucking money's always the problem, goddamnit...