• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

DLC ends up being most games downfall imo. The idea was good back then, but now they're just milking it. taking advantage of dedicated fans like us.

Sad but true.
DLC should be true additional content, not the entire rest of the game, for one.
And nowadays, I'm always wary when games have DLCs announced when the game is not even out yet. That's horseplop, no matter how you slice it, tbh.

Another reason to love Nights of Azure: that game has no DLC whatsoever. What you buy is what you get, end of story.
And games should go back to that. Make complete product > sell complete product.
Not make product > release in shitty state > promise to fix later, like it is nowadays. Or alternatively make half-assed product > release the rest of the game later and advertise that rest as "additional content".

In light of all of this and all the other BS the game industry is pulling these days, I start to care less and less about the moral repercussions of emulation, tbh.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fucking money's always the problem, goddamnit...

The thing is, you usually end up paying around $30 for a "pass" that doesn't actually have alot in it... 

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Sad but true.
DLC should be true additional content, not the entire rest of the game, for one.
And nowadays, I'm always wary when games have DLCs announced when the game is not even out yet. That's horseplop, no matter how you slice it, tbh.

Another reason to love Nights of Azure: that game has no DLC whatsoever. What you buy is what you get, end of story.
And games should go back to that. Make complete product > sell complete product.
Not make product > release in shitty state > promise to fix later, like it is nowadays. Or alternatively make half-assed product > release the rest of the game later and advertise that rest as "additional content".

In light of all of this, I start to care less and less about the moral repercussions of emulation, tbh.

Yes, it shouldn't be so central to the game that buying it is the only way for a complete product.

You have it exactly right, i agree 100%. Most DLC ends up being not worth my money at all nowadays mostly. 3H being my biggest regret.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The thing is, you usually end up paying around $30 for a "pass" that doesn't actually have alot in it... 

No no, you misunderstood. What I'm saying is, money is always the problem because companies are always after more, more, more, no matter how they go about getting it. Who cares if DLC is a shitty business practice that nobody likes? It makes money, so it's good! Microtransactions? Even better! Anything and everything is good as long as it produces money. Fuck all of it to hell.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

No no, you misunderstood. What I'm saying is, money is always the problem because companies are always after more, more, more, no matter how they go about getting it. Who cares if DLC is a shitty business practice that nobody likes? It makes money, so it's good! Microtransactions? Even better! Anything and everything is good as long as it produces money. Fuck all of it to hell.

I don't wanna agree, but i have to. 

Now, go play XC2 for some real gacha. XD

Just now, lightcosmo said:

I don't wanna agree, but i have to. 

It's the shitty reality we live in. Fuck money, it sucks.

Guys, hold on, someone's knocking on my door OH MY GOD IT'S THE US ARMY HELP--

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Now, go play XC2 for some real gacha. XD

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Not in a million years.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

It's the shitty reality we live in. Fuck money, it sucks.

Guys, hold on, someone's knocking on my door OH MY GOD IT'S THE US ARMY HELP--

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

Not in a million years.

LMAO!

...at least you'll get your money's worth out of it. One of the best DLC of it's time, as well! 

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wholesome forbidden lewd

XD

I see!
... I think. XD

Yes, it shouldn't be so central to the game that buying it is the only way for a complete product.

Exactly.

3H being my biggest regret.

I've luckily stayed away from this. xD
But yeah, most of the stuff in the Three Houses Season Pass is stuff that should have been in the base game to begin with. That is not a good look for Nintendo.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm saying is, money is always the problem because companies are always after more, more, more, no matter how they go about getting it. Who cares if DLC is a shitty business practice that nobody likes? It makes money, so it's good! Microtransactions? Even better! Anything and everything is good as long as it produces money. Fuck all of it to hell.

They don't want more money.
They want ALL of the money!
And yeah, I agree with you.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, most of the stuff in the Three Houses Season Pass is stuff that should have been in the base game to begin with. That is not a good look for Nintendo.

And yeah, I agree with you.

This was back when i thought the game was decent. I'm sorry, Ruben, i realised my mistake too late!

Sad, but true.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's the thing

It's fluffy

It's lewd

It's wholesome...

It's time travel student x teacher xD

That sounds... very weird. XD

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This was back when i thought the game was decent.

Me with a certain other FE game, when I got the DLC for it.

Edited by DragonFlames

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Truly the scariest.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

...at least you'll get your money's worth out of it. One of the best DLC of it's time, as well! 

No, but see, it has a big problem: it's anime. Sooo yeah.

...No, but really, jokes aside, RPG is not a genre I enjoy much usually, and 9 times out of 10 I get sidetracked and fail to finish open world games. Merge the two together and I just don't think this is a series for me, unfortunately. Unless I've misunderstood and it's actually not that.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The Three Houses season pass is fucking disgraceful. I know I'm notorious for hating on that game, but... fuck, outfits? In a singleplayer game? A completely useless sauna location that serves no purpose beyond veeeeeeeeeery mild fanservice? A few classes that should've existed in the base game because they fill niches that are strangely absent, such as brawling and mounted magic for women? The worst character in the game who has no supports and is effectively just a paid generic?

The pass is essentially just Cindered Shadows and a few worthless bonuses for 25 bucks - which is even shittier when you consider Heirs of Fate cost like 10 bucks. Once again Fates proves its superiority.

They want more than all! They want... the alliest!

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

This was back when i thought the game was decent. I'm sorry, Ruben, i realised my mistake too late!

Oh, not to worry, at first I enjoyed it myself. As I progressed, however, the cracks began to show, and by the end of it, well... Yeah.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Here's the thing

It's fluffy

It's lewd

It's wholesome...

It's time travel student x teacher xD

Shrimpy.

There's no need for excuses.

You're horny.

That's fine.

No need to try and hide it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Shrimpy.

There's no need for excuses.

You're horny.

That's fine.

No need to try and hide it.

If i was i wouldn't mention what i am reading here lmao

I was bored lookin at random manga haha

No, but see, it has a big problem: it's anime. Sooo yeah.

...No, but really, jokes aside, RPG is not a genre I enjoy much usually, and 9 times out of 10 I get sidetracked and fail to finish open world games. Merge the two together and I just don't think this is a series for me, unfortunately. Unless I've misunderstood and it's actually not that.

...well, the thing is... it kinda... is? Perhaps quite a bit?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

If i was i wouldn't mention what i am reading here lmao

I was bored lookin at random manga haha

Hmmmm... Suuure. That's something a horny person would say! Someone get the stick...!

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

...well, the thing is... it kinda... is? Perhaps quite a bit?

Shame. Oh, well, to each their own. I can see it's a wonderfully crafted game, at any rate.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Three Houses season pass is fucking disgraceful. I know I'm notorious for hating on that game, but... fuck, outfits? In a singleplayer game? A completely useless sauna location that serves no purpose beyond veeeeeeeeeery mild fanservice? A few classes that should've existed in the base game because they fill niches that are strangely absent, such as brawling and mounted magic for women? The worst character in the game who has no supports and is effectively just a paid generic?

The pass is essentially just Cindered Shadows and a few worthless bonuses for 25 bucks - which is even shittier when you consider Heirs of Fate cost like 10 bucks. Once again Fates proves its superiority.

As much as I like Three Houses, I have to agree with this.
The Season Pass is a disgrace. And the fact that a character added in a FREE update has more substance to him than a PAID DLC character (said DLC character being one of the very worst in the franchise on top of that, but that's a matter of opinion entirely) just adds insult to injury.
And I did watch a Cindered Shadows playthrough out of curiosity... with one exception, the new characters suck. So not even that is really worth it.

And as much as I dislike Fates, the DLC for that game is one heck of a lot better, that is true.
Even if I do regret spending money on it, considering my relationship with the game as a whole, it was worth its money more than Three Houses'.

And I am happy I have not gotten the Season Pass for Three Houses at all.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The student xD

Frim lonely adult days back to student days haha

I see! xD

Edited by DragonFlames