Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Yxcg5h2s o

Ah, the lengths to which I go for you, Sheena.

Trained her up to level 8 like this. Didn't really like the amount of speed she got, but I've got a speedwing, if it comes to that. Otherwise, I think she'll be ready once I swap her to a non-shitty class. Ready enough, at least. After that, I made a mistake and almost got Matthis killed, but he's too good, and even got a good level out of it. So I let Samson have the last dragon. Now I'll go to the treasure room, where I know another sack of experience lies in wait for Sam, while Marth goes up to visit the village.

20 minutes ago, Spara said:

"Ah, Dracoknight spam, your timing is uncanny! And by uncanny I mean COMPLETELY CANNY!"

It all began on the day of my maniac Ironman run. Both of my MPVs failed to survive. By chapter 17, I was forced to employ an extremely cumbersome strat to train Sheena. Many of my favorite units were there! Matthis, Arlen, Tomas, Wrys...

But one should never walk the path of the bad unit with uncovered low luck units, lest the 4% crit procs swarm...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Huh.

It's a long story. Watch with the subtitles on.

All posts by Hamza999kasrawi | Fandom

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

This wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn'T a series with a freaking continuity

Maybe now that the conflict with Erebonia is over they're going to throw the continuity out of the window.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I will hold you into it

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why don't I like the sound of that.

I'm waiting for you to fuck up, Ruben

0yZm6sZ.jpg

8 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

It's a long story. Watch with the subtitles on.

All posts by Hamza999kasrawi | Fandom

Maybe now that the conflict with Erebonia is over they're going to throw the continuity out of the window.

0yZm6sZ.jpg

...Emperor, preserve us...

286EC793-5B94-40AD-92A5-933CA4BDB9E1.jpeg.940ae40712661af7116e4b7b96a5b17c.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No I'm talking about this thing

Yakuza.png

Tiny-ass room where the boss takes up half of it, it can grab you and delete like three energy tanks for no reason, and the second phase just goes zoom.

I mean, i only have seven energy tanks which is definitely lower than what's here but still.

Oh, dont you have the space jump?

13 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

0yZm6sZ.jpg

Oh, no way... I refuse to believe it...!

5 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

...Emperor, preserve us...

Help me, old man! They're after me with bucket-loads of anime...!

Completed the first chapter of Bug Fables and then stopped there. I'm feeling sleepy and I don't know why. I think I'll sit outside and catch up on my reading.

So, time for first impressions:

• Visuals- On point, polished, good. Doesn't look like it was made on a budget. Has enough subtle deviation to stand apart from The Series That Shall Not Be Named.
  • Music- Haven't taken much notice of this so far, but the boss fight theme is nice jazz. 
  • Tone- The premise of a lighthearted adventure has been satisfactorily outlined, Vi seems to be the standout personality, but I can read some greater notes of altruistic heroism into Kabbu. Leif looks like he is going to secretive, hiding plot-important knowledge, can't get a real grasp on him yet. 
  • Non-Combat Gameplay- First dungeon was a little longer than expected, but the plentiful full-heal save points were great. Puzzles were easy, but greater in quantity than expected for a first dungeon.
  • Combat-
    • I got the Hard Mode badge right away, but I'm not using it for now. The reviews said the difficulty was fine without it.
    • Speaking of difficulty, it was not necessary to give the first boss two actions! I won on my first try, but without a few nailed guards, I would've lost. Too strong for a first boss.
    • Action Commands are as enlivening as they've always been. I appreciate them. In terms of my execution of Action Commands...
      • Kabbu's "hold control stick until light glows" are easy for me to always perfect on my Pro Controller.
      • However, button presses, while I am getting better with them, aren't so easy, particularly on guarding. I usually have to press the buttons sooner than I'd think I would to get the execution right.
        • I've noticed with Xenoblade that I fail button QTEs more often playing docked -which I unusually did with Bug Fables this time- than undocked.
        • As for why this is, maybe it's because the Pro Controller requires its buttons to be pressed deeper than Joy-Con buttons to send the signal? The more I have to press, the longer it takes? Or is it having the Switch further away from the wireless signal that causes the delay?
    • I've Ranked Up twice so far. Both times I picked HP.
      • However, I question if HP is really worth it over Teamwork Points or Badge Points. Yes, I do get +3 HP total from choosing it on Rank Up, the same total points gain as TP and BP, but it's 1HP per character, which is a lot less impressive. +3HP per character would be excessive, but I think +2 would've been better.
      • I'm not actually sure of the value of BP yet, since I've only a few weak Badges so far. It looks like characters learn new attacks from leveling, not from Badges, which sounds like it could be a blow to the value of BP.
    • Although this may read like a generally negative impression on combat, it shouldn't be. It is familiar, it is fun, and all I'd really want is for the characters to be a few HP more durable to start. 

One short chapter in, and the game has given no worrying signs that it will disappoint. It hasn't swoon me off my feet into unceasing dreams of ecstasy, but what I have experienced is fundamentally solid and enjoyable. The question will be that now that the tutorial is over with the three heroes joined, will the subsequent chapters pick up steam and go from competent to great.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Spider boss sucks so bad dude.

I had problems with it as well, I think Metroid fans see it as one of the harder bosses in Fusion.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

My main hope for Metroid Dread is that the devs realize that Samus isn't the fastest thing alive cause holy shit how do you dodge some of these attacks.

Although couldn't you say that she is a Space Ninja? It is said that some ninjas said they learned their secret arts from tengu, and the Chozo are bird-like, like tengu. Morph ball to get into small spaces, incredible jumping abilities, a lack of hi-tech shields forcing Samus to dodge things, seem ninja-ish in gameplay as well.

52 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Mafia as Chaos does make sense, in that they are illegal organizations doing shady things. On the other hand, they are organizations with a clear structure and authority they seek to impose, so they are actually capable of being a force for Law if spun right. SMTIV made the yakuza into the Law-based organization of Tokyo, leaving a cult with Buddhist attire to be the Chaos group. Neutral was represented by the Hunters' Association.

I'll gamble and assume Gray/Neutral to be the canon ending, tell me if it turns out to be otherwise.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

What will be our ending theme then?

Something that involves dancing, obviously!
Because...
🎶 You should be dancing, yeah! Dancing, yeah! 🎶

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw Draggy, you can now read the chapters of Prisma you missed on Mangadex. The last 3 chapters aren't there, but catch up and i will send you a link^^

Oooh, nice! Gotta get to it sometime soon!
Thanks for the heads-up! ^^

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not fond of this Fate/Zero thing, are you?

I wasn't, tbh. Found it kinda meh.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

36U64Ln.png

smh, no Arnice or other NoA stuff.
THIS MEME DENIES MY EXISTENCE! xD

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

So many rivalries. Thats too bad. Xd

Well... grab your virtual popcorn and enjoy the show.
That's what I do. XD

---

*sees lewd posts*
Hmm. I see.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

then you better  hope Ruben doesn't get anyone killed...

else

8L7qiBe.png

Would it kill you guys to stop?

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ruben.

I believe in you.

You got this, bro.

You'd better have this or else.

Complete confidence. Not a doubt in my mind.

Thanks.

...I think.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*sees lewd posts*
Hmm. I see.

The state of the thread depends on my ability to maintain my units alive.

God help us all.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The state of the thread depends on my ability to maintain my units alive.

The former. You have done nothing wrong.
I'm actually surprised by how unfazed I am. ... I think I'm learning things about myself I would've rather never found out...

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although couldn't you say that she is a Space Ninja? It is said that some ninjas said they learned their secret arts from tengu, and the Chozo are bird-like, like tengu. Morph ball to get into small spaces, incredible jumping abilities, a lack of hi-tech shields forcing Samus to dodge things, seem ninja-ish in gameplay as well.

Sure but she's still not particularly fast (well there is the Super Speed but that requires momentum).

If there's something I've noticed between both Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion, is that some bosses feel like they belong more in Mega Man.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*sees lewd posts*
Hmm. I see.

Yep. That's the current Teehee arc right now.

Luckily, I've got the perfect counter

IMG_20200702_135831.jpg

My reaction to lewdness in a nutshell:
anime-shrug-gif.gif

I just post things like "Oh my", and the "Oh my how lewd" thing, because it's more fun that way. But honestly, it really doesn't faze me one way or the other. Never has. Never will.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

killing lewd = killing humanity

Also, this is true.
No sex = no babies = no people

Edited by DragonFlames

Can the thread even be stopped? Has teehee grown too powerful?

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Help me, old man! They're after me with bucket-loads of anime...!

I got this. *cracks knuckles*

Shrimpy, for everyone anime picture you post, I will post fan art of Rean.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Something that involves dancing, obviously!
Because...
🎶 You should be dancing, yeah! Dancing, yeah! 🎶

Nothing illegal, i hope!

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Would it kill you guys to stop?

We will stop when you clear the ironman 😉

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Shrimpy, for everyone anime picture you post, I will post fan art of Rean.

I will do you a better:

I will post lewds of Rean with one of the girls if you do that

Or all of the girls!

Not even Rean can stop me!

Edited by Shrimperor