Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

WOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BEST SERIES EVER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MONOLITH SOFT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, in the end, I decided to get CrossCode, but not Ys. I don't know, from the demo, it didn't look that great to me. CrossCode seemed more interesting, at least. So instead, I nabbed the two Curse of the Moon games.

Nice nice. CrossCode's fantastic of course but the Curse of the Moon games are pretty good. Those games were developed by Inti Creates' as opposed to whatever Iga's company is and it makes sense since 2D action platformers is their strongest suit (Azure Striker Gunvolt, Blaster Master Zero, heck Capcom got them to do Mega Man Zero as well).

Though by design, Curse of the Moon is not as wild as their other games.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, she is quite expressive for somebody who can't speak.

It's honestly really amazing just how well they managed to pull her off.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed! It's restorative, comforting, an awakening of calm in an otherwise lonely and inhospitable world.

And it sets you right in the mood for your next play session.

or for when you got a game over and you gotta try again.

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

………..

the game doesn’t let you buy supplies right before the boss…?

………..

Time to speed through two hours of dialogue and several boss battles… this chapter was so good, what happened? Who thought this was a good idea??

Pretty sure they told you to prepare beforehand.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:
Pretty sure they told you to prepare beforehand.

Oh they do.

But they don’t let you go to the shop where you can buy EP charges and healing and revival balms. So if you see the boss, who basically immune to physical attacks and happened to have one EP charge on you and you picked Schera over Agate, the game just says “screw you, reset”.

Spoiler

You have to reload the before Estelle gets the letter form Joshua. That’s the last time you were able to go to East Grancel (if you try to enter after, the game says “but the plot!” and doesn’t let you).

Edited by Sooks

I want to play some Notlevania, but... fuck it, i'm gonna finish the hack tonight.

The final map looks awful, with super powerful enemies all over the place, plus siege tomes and status staves. But let's get through it. I'm not going to quit on the final map.

...You know, like I did with Three Houses the first time.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BEST SERIES EVER WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MONOLITH SOFT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I partake in your great jubilation.

Monolith Soft is indeed, a company.

Maybe with all that money they can hire a character designer that isn't trash at their job--

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nice nice. CrossCode's fantastic of course

Boy the rants that are to come, I'm gonna hate the shit out of this game just for you.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

but the Curse of the Moon games are pretty good. Those games were developed by Inti Creates' as opposed to whatever Iga's company is and it makes sense since 2D action platformers is their strongest suit (Azure Striker Gunvolt, Blaster Master Zero, heck Capcom got them to do Mega Man Zero as well).

Though by design, Curse of the Moon is not as wild as their other games.

They do look pretty good. Not to mention that, unlike in the proper game, Alfred learned the meaning of the words "communication" and "cooperation" and Gebel didn't randomly die for absolutely no reason after being freed.

...Seriously, those two deaths felt so forced. Especially Gebel. It feels like he just died because the devs went "we need tragedy." Again, not a plot game, it really doesn't matter, but it irked me a little bit. Heck, the game later goes on to explain why the crystal didn't overtake him in the first place... but then fails to explain why it did overtake him in the end. Suicide by crystal? That's the best I can come up with...

It’s finally over!

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean

the game still warned you

After I could solve the main issue that they realistically should have foreseen, yeah.

Why do you only have 1 Ep charge anyway

I ran out and then the game forced me out of Grancel

Edit: Oh now I have to fight her.

Edited by Sooks

Great, and now the final boss is a behemoth of capped stats on a throne with a support partner who happens to be an extremely slippery swordmaster also on a throne.

Jesus fucking Christ, and I complained about the boss earlier who warped. Do I even have units who can do this...?

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Boy the rants that are to come, I'm gonna hate the shit out of this game just for you.

Quick, tell me who your favorite character in Banner Saga is so I can kill then off just for you.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They do look pretty good. Not to mention that, unlike in the proper game, Alfred learned the meaning of the words "communication" and "cooperation" and Gebel didn't randomly die for absolutely no reason after being freed.

I played Curse of the Moon first (on account it came out a year earlier) and I was so really confused when Alfred and Gebel were not good guys. And Zangetsu.

Then I found out that Curse of the Moon being a prequel was thrown out the window.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Great, and now the final boss is a behemoth of capped stats on a throne with a support partner who happens to be an extremely slippery swordmaster also on a throne.

Jesus fucking Christ, and I complained about the boss earlier who warped. Do I even have units who can do this...?

I remember when you called it better than the GBA FEs.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Quick, tell me who your favorite character in Banner Saga is so I can kill then off just for you.

It's a fellow called Onef, you can't miss him.

I played Curse of the Moon first (on account it came out a year earlier) and I was so really confused when Alfred and Gebel were not good guys. And Zangetsu.

Then I found out that Curse of the Moon being a prequel was thrown out the window.

I mean, the game likes to pretend that Alfred is a secret good guy.

...He's just... really fucking bad at being a good guy, it's hilarious.

I remember when you called it better than the GBA FEs.

Yeah, it still is. GBAFE but better.

For the most part. I do think the creator got a bit ahead of himself with the difficulty in this final map.

Especially becuase he trolled me. That wasn't even the final final boss. Now I have to fight the finalest of final bosses. The idiot Gotoh had the gall to say "only the mightiest stand a chance against him now." What are you talking about? That was already the case! Only you and the manakete could even fight him without dying horribly - AND ONLY THE MANAKETE DIDN'T DIE TO THE COMBINED ATTACKS OF THE BOSS AND THE TWO BALLISTAE IN RANGE! YOU JUST DIED! THE GOTOH CAN'T SAFELY FIGHT THE FINAL BOSS! YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT UP!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

AND ONLY THE MANAKETE DIDN'T DIE TO THE COMBINED ATTACKS OF THE BOSS AND THE TWO BALLISTAE IN RANGE! YOU JUST DIED! THE GOTOH CAN'T SAFELY FIGHT THE FINAL BOSS! YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT UP!

LMAO

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the cherry on top of the pie: The final finalest of all final bosses, moves. He one-rounds everyone but the Gotoh and like two more people, and he moves.

Well, it was a fun ride.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The game has given me three more Gotohs.

They all get one-rounded by the two enemies who spawned next to them at the same time.

This is a cruel joke.

Plot twist: the hack's creator is Kaga's apprentice.

Jesus fucking Christ, I'd heard the horror stories about this fight's difficulty spike, but this goes beyond my wildest expectations. The only unit on the field who does not die a horrible death to this mook is the Gotoh, and he needs to land 8 attacks to end it. All while I'm getting overwhelmed by even more generics.

Well, fuck it. I'm doing it. I want to see the ending.

I kinda pushed myself to hard there, because the chapter kept seeming like it was about to end but then there was a bit more like 3 times, so I ended up playing for 4 hours. The boss fights still suck, though.

I love how all the characters are talking about how amazing our accomplishments are and how strong and awesome we are and how we did it and it's all rainbows and sunshine.

Tk6hk4cz o

Yeah. I totally didn't run out of patience and summoned my uncle from Nintendo to confer totally legit powers upon my ratfaced thief's sword. Nah, nah, I did it exactly as intended.

Hpods1bd o

Of course. It couldn't end in any way other than an ironic line from me.

No you fucking aren't. You suck balls at that, at fighting and at life. The ending might want me to believe you screwed the knight maid girl, but I know the real ending: you tripped on the stairs, broke your face and died, because you're the fucking worst, even after I fed you statboosters.

Fuck you, me. I should've used Alva instead.

Well, at any rate, that was it. I'd still describe the hack as GBAFE but a bit better. The character designs are wonderful and the story is surprisingly great (even if it does have a bit too many Hubert moments, and the ending's... utterly ridiculous). Unfortunately, the gameplay is plagued by all the quintessential GBAFE issues, and the endgame difficulty spike is atrocious. I'm... not sure if I would recommend it. The general consensus here seems to be "GBAFE bad", so I doubt most people here would enjoy this that much. For those who value story over gameplay, however, it does get my recommendation. I think those folks would love it.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

231 damage. Awesome.

Totally legit. My uncle at Nintendo has his ways.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

These look like standard Three Houses numbers.

I actually have seen bigger numbers than that from Dimitri crits.

Hahaha, oh man. Part 3 of the IDA School side-episode revolves around... a MMORPG. If Another Eden wasn't actually a strictly single-player game, despite being a F2P mobile game with Gacha, it'd think this is the game going all meta on me...

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Found an Energy Tank in Metroid Prime by accident because I didn't realize I needed the Spider-Ball.

Powerups are well hidden in Prime.