• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey now, I only appear on this thread to do that and to tell people to play Yakuza!

Hey I have Yakuza Kiwami on PS plus. If I ever renew my subscription, I'll play.

39 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

My only real gripes with the ending were Historia's treatment (self-proclaimed "worst girl in the world" to preggo on a farm)

That's because EH was the endgame, but Yams retconned it.

WP9krrB.jpg

36 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

the slight personality changes to certain characters like Armin. It's not the ending I would've expected, but I don't think it's particularly bad, personally.

"Slight" personality changes. But hey, at least everyone survived and had all their character arcs tied like a neat bow!

https://i.redd.it/mufvu13qpyw61.jpg

3 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

That's because EH was the endgame, but Yams retconned it.

RIP.

WP9krrB.jpg

One of my favorite scenes in the whole story.

https://i.redd.it/mufvu13qpyw61.jpg

ughhhhhhh

The hell was Isayama thinking with that...

6 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Hey I have Yakuza Kiwami on PS plus. If I ever renew my subscription, I'll play.

I'd personally recommend starting with 0, but Kiwami's a good one as well!

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I probably shouldn’t use all my zeram items though…

Bah. Hoarding is a pitfall. They would've gone unused anyway, like every other higher-tier item in every other conventional RPG. Use shit when you need it.

Fiiine… I’ll reset for my super good items. Later l, because I don’t feel like it right now, but I’ll bring Schera off the bench and do this the old fashioned way.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bah. Hoarding is a pitfall. They would've gone unused anyway, like every other higher-tier item in every other conventional RPG. Use shit when you need it.

I will trust the people who have actually gotten past this part, especially to the final boss. And you don’t understand just how incredibly good these items are, they each charge up what is basically a character‘s super attack immediately, including one they revives and heals everyone.

Plus I didn’t need them, I was just being impatient lol.

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Sooks said:

I will trust the people who have actually gotten past this part, especially to the final boss. And you don’t understand just how incredibly good these items are, they each charge up what is basically a character‘s super attack immediately, including one they revives and heals everyone.

Yeah, you really want to hold on to them, no doubt about it.

--------

One thing I will criticize to no end, as much as I hate getting worked up over any aspect of something, is the need to force some kind of romance between Eren and Mikasa. There wasn't a single bit of chemistry between them in the entire story.

Not every fantasy story needs a romance for the MCs. Why can't people who write for anime/manga/games/etc. get that?

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Not every fantasy story needs a romance for the MCs. Why can't people who write for anime/manga/games/etc. get that?

If you take a certain route in Banner Saga, the main character will never see any romantic event.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You only get like 3 of these the whole game, and there's a super hard long battle later where you will absolutely need atleast one of them. Atleast.

You shouldn't waste them on a quest battle. Even in the current chapter where Sooks is there're harder battles. Worms are just infamous because they are a noob trap.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Blame the mikasa simps.

Mikasa is the worst thing to happen to AoT

Edited by Shrimperor

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah, I think I understand. It's the kind of item you end up never using, because when you need it you're too afraid of wasting it, and then you find yourself at the end of the game with far more of them than you could possibly use.

Plus I didn’t need them, I was just being impatient lol.

Well, all right. I hope the immense waste of time will be worth it.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh. Whenever a story doesn't do romance, the fanbase starts making up their own romances instead. People love a good fuckery too much.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If you take a certain route in Banner Saga, the main character will never see any romantic event.

Yeah, this is true. Though I would argue this particular romance is well deserved. I mean, c'mon. They deserve a break.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

You only get like 3 of these the whole game, and there's a super hard long battle later where you will absolutely need atleast one of them. Atleast.

You shouldn't waste them on a quest battle. Even in the current chapter where Sooks is there're harder battles. Worms are just infamous because they are a noob trap.

Ah.

Well, that's not very nice. What do you do if you just never find one of these items?

3 is a biiiit of an exaggeration. iirc I’ve had like six.

Spamming AoE arts and attacks is a noob strategy?

No…..

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Blame the mikasa simps.

Mikasa is the worst thing to happen to AoT

I don't think she's a bad character, but I really dislike how she was propped up as important when she could've been removed from the story and very little of value would've changed.

I mean, we all know Hanji's best girl anyway...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh. Whenever a story doesn't do romance, the fanbase starts making up their own romances instead. People love a good fuckery too much.

Fair.

I don't think all romances are bad, of course, but I hate when it's shoehorned in.

Even Avatar: the Last Airbender did it and I didn't care for it there either. That said, it didn't affect the story in any meaningful way, so I can't complain too much there.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I think I understand. It's the kind of item you end up never using, because when you need it you're too afraid of wasting it, and then you find yourself at the end of the game with far more of them than you could possibly use.

Well, all right. I hope the immense waste of time will be worth it.

I’ve already used several of them. So… yeah… I think I will. I have a tendency to hoard, but this game has been hard enough to incentivize me not doing that. 

And any I keep for the rest of the game will be used against the final boss, probably.

Yeah, this is true. Though I would argue this particular romance is well deserved. I mean, c'mon. They deserve a break.

I haven’t gotten to the romance yet because that’s for second play through, but yeah.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Even Avatar: the Last Airbender did it and I didn't care for it there either.

Edited by Sooks

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

. iirc I’ve had like six.

The 200 ones? No way

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

don't think she's a bad character, but I really dislike how she was propped up as important when she could've been removed from the story and very little of value would've changed.

Her character is literally "Ereh"

I’ve already used several of them. So… yeah… I think I will. I have a tendency to hoard, but this game has been hard enough to incentivize me not doing that. 

Well, that's pretty nice.

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Fair.

I don't think all romances are bad, of course, but I hate when it's shoehorned in.

Yeah, this is more or less my opinion as well. There's just no need for it sometimes...

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Her character is literally "Ereh"

guess I had more complaints about the plot than I thought, lol

But yeah, a wasted opportunity.

Especially when Eren was a fricking disappointment of an MC.

Spends over half the story being a reckless idiot getting himself into trouble, has a few bright moments in season 3, becomes an edgelord, and then pulls the genocide crap instead of just sticking by his friends and other allies and solving their problems together.

They should've just had her take center stage and developed her instead of wasting time on him.

Edited by twilitfalchion

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

then pulls the genocide

The way that hack of a writer wrote the story was either Paradis genocided or world genocided. He made a compromise ending impossible.

Edited by Shrimperor

16 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Even Avatar: the Last Airbender did it and I didn't care for it there either. That said, it didn't affect the story in any meaningful way, so I can't complain too much there.

Too true! Wasnt one of the better moments, for sure.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The way that hack of a writer wrote the story was either Paradis genocided or world genocided. He made a compromise ending impossible.

I do question what happened though.

Everything was going so well until he tried to stick the landing.

Which he didn't.

32 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

One thing I will criticize to no end, as much as I hate getting worked up over any aspect of something, is the need to force some kind of romance between Eren and Mikasa. There wasn't a single bit of chemistry between them in the entire story.

But it sells, so they're going to do it anyway. People when the male protagonist and the female protagonist fuck each other. Especially the Japanese.

22 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Even Avatar: the Last Airbender did it and I didn't care for it there either.

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Too true! Wasnt one of the better moments, for sure.

Katara had a better chemistry with Zuko. Let that sink in.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Especially when Eren was a fricking disappointment of an MC.

Spends over half the story being a reckless idiot getting himself into trouble, has a few bright moments in season 3, becomes an edgelord, and then pulls the genocide crap instead of just sticking by his friends and other allies and solving their problems together.

Eren was disappointment only after 139. His character was masterfully done until there.