• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Tio or Elie. They are your main Casters

Haha, what meant was: what Quartz to get? I dont wanna waste it, cause who knows if I need a specific gem for a boss battle.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Haha, what meant was: what Quartz to get? I dont wanna waste it, cause who knows if I need a specific gem for a boss battle.

I think you should focus on unlocking first so you have enough EP for healing

also

Action quartz is a must as you know

Speed important xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I think you should focus on unlocking first so you have enough EP for healing

also

Action quartz is a must as you know

Speed important xD

I have four unlocked, atm, and three for Lloyd and Randy.

Around 200+ of each Sepith (except wind and time.)

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

well, other than Time and heals, what you need depends on you, really.

Fair point.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

also if you can get Aqua Mirage

+50% evasion is broken

Alright, i'll remember that (I hope).

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Except this game has a "the bad guy wins" ending. 

Where i kill all the wasps.

Not on my watch. I will take the wasps' side, and we will take you down. They could never lose with a talented tactician on their side.

...They may not all make it home, though...

Screenshot_5068.png

Screenshot_5069.png

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not on my watch. I will take the wasps' side, and we will take you down. They could never lose with a talented tactician on their side.

...They may not all make it home, though...

Ruben "accidentally" leaves wasp #2672826 in range of enemies.

Still didn't get into the zen mind today, instead, but I did turn on old Etrian Odyssey V and continued where my fourth run of the game left off. Undead King is still absolutely pathetic by EO standards as a boss. And then I cleared the initial section of floor 16 -only to be wiped out by an event encounter at the end b/c I really should pack sleep resistance here.🌱 And now I need to let the momentary rage pass.

Hopefully this will get me to continue EOU2, I'm feeling like with Venom Curse dying down and bosses gaining Sleep immunity/resistance, of turning the difficulty down to Standard in the 5th Stratum. And ideally Nexus too, where I feel like starting over for a more focused team, but won't.

Atlus did say in Famitsu this week that they do want to provide more Etrian Odyssey news, it's been three years since the microscopic teaser for a successor. They admit they're working on publishing another Vanillaware title, I wasn't aware they said this a few years ago. And that they've 5-6 internal development lines underway with another ~4 externals, I'm curious.

And they've put Nocturne on the eShop for sale for like the second time already, Atlus is going to continue their 3DS sales strategy I see. Good.

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW OG time in SRW DD:

Shame it's mobile, and that I can't read Japanese.

I had overheard complaints about the animation quality in SRW30, which they said is an issue in mainline games now and that OG has better animations. And coincidentally, I was watching this later.:

Comparing 2nd OG/MD's Grungust Kai/Custom Darkness Slash to SRW V's, I can see the complaint. Maybe its partly a perfectly fine aesthetic change leaning toward "grittier, more American comic-book, less modern cell-shaded", but as the comments for vid say, I do think a few more frames would've been good.

Although OG does have the benefit of needing to animate fewer robots, and no licensing fees to pay. And get 1 game every 4-5 years as opposed to the usual annual releases. So I get why the mainline can run into animation issues -if they actually exist.

And, it's not like modern animation quality will stop me from picking up 30. As long as it isn't that... minimalist... NES-SNES era stuff, I'm on board.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I mean, there's only so much that can be done to improve animations. That said, most of the time when I see complains, it's because animations get reused, or details aren't there, not about the animations quality itself. Are these being done by people new to SRW and 30 is their only judging point?

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, there's only so much that can be done to improve animations. That said, most of the time when I see complains, it's because animations get reused, or details aren't there, not about the animations quality itself. Are these being done by people new to SRW and 30 is their only judging point?

Sorry if I sound at all like I'm in the Negative Nelly bandwagon, I don't mean to be. And I understand why they'd get reused, I mean SMT is still using some demon designs that date back to 1995, or even '92, and I'm used to it by now.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer