Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Once again, I am impressed by Sword of Heaven and Earth. So there's this chapter where we have to save Lyn from evil possession shenanigans. Since she doesn't join as a playable character, but continues to appear in cutscenes, I assumed killing her would result in a game over.

...Nope. Here as well, the game lets me fail spectacularly at my objective and the game carries on. And this would have some massive ramifications, she appears in quite a few scenes after this chapter. Kudos to the creator for taking the effort to do something that like, two people would ever see. I have to remember to try killing her in a future run and see how much changes.

Incidentally

Etmpqlzf oBzsulrto o

Mpujcsvp o

I think the game heard our conversation from yesterday.

tumblr_ol6we5Nms01tits9eo1_500.png

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Etmpqlzf oBzsulrto o
Mpujcsvp o

Well, if she’s going out with the dad, Hector… yeah, guess it’s not him.

Also, fun fact of the day, Rath’s paired ending with Lyn specifically mentions a daughter. So yeah, that’s cool.

The dad could be Eliwood if she’s never seen his face since he’s kinda busy ruling Pherae. I mean,   Rath’s and Kent’s paired endings both say they went to Sacae with Lyn, so daughter not seeing them would be a little hard to believe (I’m guessing this house she’s mentioning is in Sacae because of the background, although it could be the building she’s in when she says she doesn’t know her father’s face). I mean, this could always be stretching the canon, but there is that scene with Eliwood and Lyn in this game you mentioned before.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well, if she’s going out with the dad, Hector… yeah, guess it’s not him.

It's a dream sequence, so jury's still out on Hector.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The dad could be Eliwood if she’s never seen his face since he’s kinda busy ruling Pherae. I mean,   Rath’s and Kent’s paired endings both say they went to Sacae with Lyn, so daughter not seeing them would be a little hard to believe (I’m guessing this house she’s mentioning is in Sacae because of the background, although it could be the building she’s in when she says she doesn’t know her father’s face). I mean, this could always be stretching the canon, but there is that scene with Eliwood and Lyn in this game you mentioned before.

I'm thinking it's probably going to be Eliwood. Or, maybe it's nobody. Maybe Lyn is a hermaphrodite organism.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This map also features a female knight singlehandedly protecting a group of civilians, actually. Neat. I wonder what the boss of this map will look like--

Thiw3yyq o

...Well. I can say with absolute certainty that this is not what I was expecting.

Hi Tai Lung.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally

Etmpqlzf oBzsulrto o

Mpujcsvp o

Ah so at this point, MC girl is just Ash Ketchum.

This is where I'd like to share some images, but I can't because Serenes keeps giving me that "you're blocked" shit for no reason. I hate that.

Also, this would make for some great reaction image.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah so at this point, MC girl is just Ash Ketchum.

So it seems. Not only that, with her 9 strength after promotion, she couldn't win any tournaments. She really is just like Ash!

...No, seriously, my 12-year-old thief whoops her sorry behind ten times over. It's hilarious.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, take confort you could have worse prospects. Like worrying ending like your parents. Or like one pair of grandparents. Or some of your aunts/uncles.

Suffice to say, the odds don't favor me if I ever get into a relationship.

I'm... unsure what to say to this set of unfortunate odds-defying circumstances. My... sympathies?

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Awwww, thats so sweet!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

A small price to pay for wholesomeness.

It's a long way into summer, but we hadn't done a fire yet, mostly because we were waiting for certain family members to visit. It's simple, my family isn't extroverted, so we don't have elaborate traditions. But, the subtle can be sublime when it comes to the people you know the best.

But let's not speak of the entirely unrelated time when I was younger and we went to a bonfire at a beach that got a little out of hand. I don't remember it well, but I'm told I had to be yanked away in the moment because I was too entranced staring at the flames.

And then there was the time a nonzero chance of the house burning down was my fault. I had a lit candle in my room, and I left an unfolded paper napkin dangling over the candle. Thankfully the only damages were a few scorch marks on the top of the end-table, and the box of my copy of Chrono Trigger DS version sitting on the table had the plastic cover melt and fuse with the underlying paper boxart. I don't eat in my bedroom anymore, and I'm still not allowed to have candles in there. Nonetheless, my reaction to the burning napkin was... not good, in a distinctly autistic way. Instead of shouting "Fire!" aloud to alert the entire house ASAP, I scurried past several family members in silence to reach my preferred parent, and stuttered out a message to the effect of "Um, there's a fire".

----

I probably won't be posting anything tomorrow, or the day thereafter. I'll be on a short vacation with family. Not sure exactly what will be on the itinerary, but there'll be food at least. Ought to be back here by Thursday night.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3re74yxg oXc3mrxfh o

Pfft... Hey, dude, I'm sorry, but that was kind of a lame pun

Er429ofl o

OH GOD, CALM DOWN JESUS, IT'S NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL

And then the lord died because she sucks and gets doubled by heroes. Lyn lord as the main lord was such a mistake...

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I probably won't be posting anything tomorrow, or the day thereafter. I'll be on a short vacation with family. Not sure exactly what will be on the itinerary, but there'll be food at least. Ought to be back here by Thursday night.

Do have fun!

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Went to read the new chapter of Dr. Stone and forgot the author went on hiatus to research more science.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So it seems. Not only that, with her 9 strength after promotion, she couldn't win any tournaments. She really is just like Ash!

Haha about that.....Ash did finally win a Pokemon League in the Sun & Moon anime.

Her tournament win record is less than Ash's lmao.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

probably won't be posting anything tomorrow, or the day thereafter. I'll be on a short vacation with family. Not sure exactly what will be on the itinerary, but there'll be food at least. Ought to be back here by Thursday night.

Have fun!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then the lord died because she sucks and gets doubled by heroes. Lyn lord as the main lord was such a mistake...

Starting to think she isn't actually Lyn's daughter. Because Lyn is supposed to be really fast.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Haha about that.....Ash did finally win a Pokemon League in the Sun & Moon anime.

I am so happy for him.

Team Rocket's still way cooler than him, though.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Starting to think she isn't actually Lyn's daughter. Because Lyn is supposed to be really fast.

Oh, she is fast. She capped speed before promotion. The problem is that, being a lord and all, she promoted later than everyone else, and because this game mostly uses FE7's awful garbage promotion bonuses she stayed at 20 speed. Which would've been enough to keep her from getting doubled... but the only bows I had in the convoy were steel bows, and her con is 6. Also, she has 9 strength, which is just all sorts of wonderful.

She's literally just Lyn, honestly. Which isn't good, because Lyn is a garbage unit. I wish I'd gotten Eliwood's son instead-- Oh, wait, right. That'd be even worse somehow...

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's literally just Lyn, honestly. Which isn't good, because Lyn is a garbage unit. I wish I'd gotten Eliwood's son instead-- Oh, wait, right. That'd be even worse somehow...

What makes that even more funny, is that Eirika, despite being the exact same style of unit, is actually good! 

Eirika was always a better character than Lyn anyways. Xd

Edited by lightcosmo

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm... unsure what to say to this set of unfortunate odds-defying circumstances. My... sympathies?

Ah well, life sucks, but what can you do about it. Some things are just far from our control and we must suffer through them whether we like them or not. But thanks for the gesture anyway.

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh, I remember. It was a very... divisive topic, people supporting and calling foul on the win for various reasons each. But then, what tends to not be in Pokémon.

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

What makes that even more funny, is that Eirika, despite being the exact same style of unit, is actually good! 

Ehhh. I'd say they're about even. Eirika benefits from getting a horse on promotion and from being in an even easier game, but they're both pretty garbage, honestly.

GODDESS

https://i.imgur.com/p58uKnI.png

Conquest review later btw

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Is Roy really that bad? Like, worse than even Lyn?

46 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Based.

25 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I remember. It was a very... divisive topic, people supporting and calling foul on the win for various reasons each. But then, what tends to not be in Pokémon.

Ash deserved it after getting robbed in D/P and X/Y.

Just now, Maof06 said:

In a way, but people do point out the Alolan League was a very watered down version compared to those. It reflects the games since the League system is also newly stablished in there, but as it is, it's a mid-step between a regional league and the Orange Islands "league".

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In a way, but people do point out the Alolan League was a very watered down version compared to those. It reflects the games since the League system is also newly stablished in there, but as it is, it's a mid-step between a regional league and the Orange Islands "league".

Ash didn't even have 6 pokémon, lmao. But yes, it was watered down. Still deserved.

9 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Yeah, Roy is by far the worst lord in the series. It's not even a contest. Guy is very mediocre for about 5 chapters, and then he becomes a liability until he gets his super sword that carries him in the third-to-last map in the game (assuming you get the good ending, if not he's only semi-useful in the final map and that's it).

23 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Is Roy really that bad?

I think it's overblown personally. Literally just give him the Boots and he's fine.

Maybe Hard Mode is a different story but FE6 Hard is a doodoo dogshit difficulty mode anyway so I simply pretend it does not exist.

24 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

I remember when X/Y literally set him up to win and then said that the edgy OC do not steal guy who only showed up in side material gets to win instead.

Like at least the D/P loss was funny bad.

If Eliwood actually is the dad, you might have gotten Roy and Lyn in one unit. 😈

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I remember when X/Y literally set him up to win and then said that the edgy OC do not steal guy who only showed up in side material gets to win instead.

Like at least the D/P loss was funny bad.

I mean, nothing tops his Unova League loss. A step back in terms of position, losing to someone who didn't even had a 6th Pokémon with him at the time, and have half his team swept by the last Pokémon who evolved mid-battle.

34 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Roy has the highest total growths in FE6 barring Karel, Fae, and two of the thieves, all special exceptions.

His bases are comparable to Marth, Eliwood, and PoR Ike. Swordlock isn't as bad here as in the games of the above three lord (barring FEs 1&3 Marth). 

Roy's problem is that those bases aren't good enough, and the total growth are poorly distributed among his stats. 30% Res growth is the highest a physical unit has, but it's still low and he has 0 base. His Spd growth is lacking and FE6 is a game where doubling can remain a consistent challenge throughout. Luck is Roy's sole outstanding stat, and Luck is one of the least beneficial stats to have in abundance. Otherwise, they're all very balanced, but not balanced-broken, so what can he do well?

One of the worst things is a supremely late story promotion. Roy doesn't promote until he gets the Binding Blade, which keeps him footlocked and swordlocked, with no design changes, but it does give good stat boosts. The HUGE issue is how late it comes, if you miss the requirements for the true ending, Roy gets to spend one chapter promoted, and even with it, it becomes but 3-4 battles. The Binding Blade is literally Ragnell but better statwise, but 20 uses unlike Ragnell's infinite durability means Roy can't use it to compensate for being underleveled with okay but not great stats. 

I'd move his promotion to where it should be- Chapter 16 or 16x, and upgrade the BB to infinite uses. Roy would still be kept far away from brokenness like some more recent lordlings, but it'd make him reasonably better.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think it's overblown personally. Literally just give him the Boots and he's fine.

Maybe Hard Mode is a different story but FE6 Hard is a doodoo dogshit difficulty mode anyway so I simply pretend it does not exist.

I dunno, even in normal mode he's a swordlocked infantry unit with horrible bases, bad growths and the worst early prf of any lord in the series (seriously Roy's rapier is so bad) that can't promote until the end of chapter 21. That's not what I'd describe as "fine", even on normal mode he's worthless, you'd rather use even Ogier. Giving him the boots just turns him into the worst cavalier in the game, you'd rather use even Treck. Better give the boots to the dancer or the knight and let a paladin carry Roy around.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If Eliwood actually is the dad, you might have gotten Roy and Lyn in one unit. 😈

The fact that this adds up scares me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dunno, even in normal mode he's a swordlocked infantry unit with horrible bases, bad growths and the worst early prf of any lord in the series (seriously Roy's rapier is so bad) that can't promote until the end of chapter 21.

Idk, with the abundance of Cavaliers and Knights allergic to the rapier and the abundance of axe units in the Western Isles, Roy does just fine. I'd say he does best in the early to early-mid game, falls off during the mid-game but gets back up during the late to endgame.

Heck, swords are the best weapon in FE6 so being swordlocked isn't necessarily a bad thing.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The HUGE issue is how late it comes, if you miss the requirements for the true ending, Roy gets to spend one chapter promoted, and even with it, it becomes but 3-4 battles.

To be honest, I never felt that the late promotion is that big of an issue. I mean, it is an issue, sure but late promotions is something that all of the Lords in the GBA era got, relatively speaking.

I guess it would be more accurate to say the gains aren't as good rather than saying the late promotion itself is bad (but at least he actually gets multiple points to each stat haha *cough Leif FE5 promotion *cough*).

'Morning! I'll be leaving for backpacking later today, so I'll either be back about Saturday, or I'll be back tomorrow because it's too smoky to go!

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

(seriously Roy's rapier is so bad)

It's no worse than most Rapier actually -at first glance at least. 5 Mt is the norm except for FEs 7&8, and PoR Ike's Regal Sword which which might as well be called a Rapier, all of which have 7 Mt, -but international 7 and PoR have 2x instead of 3x effectiveness, making them no better against horses and armors. And Roy's actually has 1 Mt more than Thracia's. 

But again, that was at first glance. FEs 1&3 Marth has no WTD to deal with. 1, 11, and 12 Marth can buy more Rapiers. 11, 12, and 13 can forge them for more effective deadliness. Thracia's can be used by anyone. 7&8 have effectiveness on Nomads while Roy's does not, and PoR Ike has Cavs that can use axes too, in both cases reducing the likelihood of encountering WTD.

WTD matters, because it doesn't reduce Atk by 1, it reduces Mt by one, so it's actually a loss of 3 damage, or 6 on a double. What do Cavaliers and Knights use? Knights only use Lances, and Cavs can use Swords or Lances, a 100% chance of WTD and a 50-50. Paladins and Generals can use Axes, but why are you sending Roy against promoted enemies? 4x3 is 12, so the same Mt as a WTD Silver Sword, not very impressive. And, Roy has to either dodge or eat a hit if isn't the killing blow -an issue that plagues the Rapiers, but not the Wolf Beil's tanky user or Thani's 1-2 range- and Roy is neither particularly dodge nor very durable.

Just now, Armagon said:

(but at least he actually gets multiple points to each stat haha *cough Leif FE5 promotion *cough*).

Fire-Emblem-Thracia-776-2019-12-07-17-24

Scroll abuse > promotion points. That and Thracia's level formula was weird and leveled him real fast once promoted. I think he lucked out with two early Move procs as well.

Speak as you wish of the game of the whole, but speak no ill of best lord boi.😛

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning! I'll be leaving for backpacking later today, so I'll either be back about Saturday, or I'll be back tomorrow because it's too smoky to go!

Enjoy! -Be sure to avoid starting the next raging inferno!🏕️

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scroll abuse > promotion points. That and Thracia's level formula was weird and leveled him real fast once promoted. I think he lucked out with two early Move procs as well.

Oh I'm well aware, I just find it hilarious that Leif's promotion gains being literal just +1 to each stat.