Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Ghost_06_ said:

H-how is this even possible?

What? I have a day off, of course I'm going to spend it telling people to play Yakuza!

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

What? I have a day off, of course I'm going to spend it telling people to play Yakuza!

I was talking about the snowman thing. How is it even possible? Are there any more things like this?

I beat Ophelia’s paralogue. I somehow aggro’d the entire map at once, but I actually survived and got all of the villages because I’m just that good. I mean, I did use a save state 3 times, but one of those was because Camilla missed a 65 that the entire battle was depending on and the other was because of a misclick, so I like to think of it as one actual use. I was wrong in thinking that child units get offspring seals starting from chapter 18, apparently they join at level 20 but you have to cough up a master seal. This wasn’t a big deal here because I got a master seal from a chest in the last chapter. Beruka and Benny got to A-support, which means they only need two more chapters of support points and I can bench at least one of them (Benny). Because of this, I’ll do the second invasion, which I unlocked this chapter, and one more paralogue, because I can use that kid in the deployment slot Benny will free up. Probably Nina, because iirc the next chapter has chests, but I will double check that. I think I want to bench Beruka, but I’ll have one more deployment slot for endgame and don’t know what to do with it. I’ll be unlocking both Siegbert and Forrest, so I might grab Forrest as a staffbot. I’ve heard that Charlotte Siegbert is supposed to be good, but he’s always complete garbage for me. I’ve tried to use him twice and he dies if anything looks at him funny and doesn’t do much damage. So yeah, Forrest it is. I could even have him marry Ophelia or Nina to give them some extra magic with defense stance. Nina will probably need it more, but Nina probably won’t do much for Forrest. Hmm… we’ll see. And if Beruka is benched too, I’ll have another free deployment slot, so I could grab a third kid. I’ll probably get Ignatius because after chapter 18 is the dreaded fox map, and Ignatius will be my dedicated tank and he can use a beast killer. That’s how I dealt with the map last time. But then again, the sooner I get Kana, the more I can take advantage of aptitude… I will take a break for now though, because for some reason, Citra started lagging a lot near the end of the paralogue and while I was battling in the arena after.

Edited by Sooks

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SDatBoL > MotE Book 1 because Wrys exists

Me realising I can't trade off of benched units:

NWMH.png.9c577a97f91ff55ff61028a3e2f733c7.png

(Keep in mind, this is distracting me from making progress in the game I have already mentioned multiple times this last week.)

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I was talking about the snowman thing.

Ah, the heat action.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

How is it even possible?

It's a type of attack one can do once the heat gauge is full and does massive damage-Essentially, it rewards playing well, since you fill the gauge by hitting enemies and not getting hit, amongst other things as you level up. The effect of the attack is contextual-I.E, if you're on a lakeside path, you can toss an enemy into the lake, if you're near a wall, you can use an evasive heat action, etc.

This one triggers if you have a carrot in your inventory and are in a certain location within a city of Yakuza 5. You have no reason to have a carrot in your inventory, so this one's basically an easter egg.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Are there any more things like this?

Tons! In 5, all four combat characters have 12 minutes each worth of these attacks for you to discover! They're all optional, but there are heat actions for basically any situation.

Okay, that's enough. Time for some more Rev. Fuga didn't join even though I waited half a day, but that's okay. He wouldn't have gotten deployed in this map anyway.

Plot time. Azura drops a bunch of exposition and then we randomly encounter a completely normal, not at all invisible boy. This is not suspicious. Not in the slightest.

Oh hey, it looks like chapter 15 of Conquest, except with a full army. Eh, we'll see how this works out. At any rate, I absolutely need the money.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I beat Ophelia’s paralogue. I somehow aggro’d the entire map at once, but I actually survived and got all of the villages because I’m just that good. I mean, I did use a save state 3 times, but one of those was because Camilla missed a 65 that the entire battle was depending on and the other was because of a misclick, so I like to think of it as one actual use. I was wrong in thinking that child units get offspring seals starting from chapter 18, apparently they join at level 20 but you have to cough up a master seal. This wasn’t a big deal here because I got a master seal from a chest in the last chapter.

I notice a distinct lack of Senno being captured in this summary of your actions in the map.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I notice a distinct lack of Senno being captured in this summary of your actions in the map.

Sooks doesn't like seno?

😕

Edited by Ghost_06_

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He may have ended up as a stain on Camilla’s axe.

33 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Sooks doesn't like sen?

😕

Sooks likes actually being able to finish the game.

All right, then. That was Rev chapter 19 done. I really liked that map! Sure, it was just chapter 15 of Conquest with a full team, but... gonna be honest here, I liked this version better. Far tougher enemies and more units to control made this less of a "watch Gunter and Corrin do things" deal. Of course, I don't know how this map plays out with the usual Rev unit balance, but with my generic army? It was great fun to play. Though, I will admit that I kinda had Sven frontlining with nosferatu and a Christof backpack. I guess you could call that a cheese, haha. Man was unkillable!

Sooooo yeah, so far, I'm not seeing the complaints here. There were a couple of dumb maps, but this is far from the worst FE I've ever played. Really far.

And then Fuga came out of nowhere, in perhaps the most ridiculous of all these caslte recruitments. It was dumb enough that these folks are just sort of waltzing into our alternate dimension castle, but even outside the alternate dimension we're in an alternate dimension. Fuga is the frigging fourteenth doctor or something to be able to pull this off...

29 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Sooks doesn't like sen?

😕

Yeah, I'm afraid it doesn't seem like he's into Senno. Maybe he'd find Vergga more to his liking?

Just now, Sooks said:

He may have ended up as a stain on Camilla’s axe.

Couldn't you have at least killed him with someone cool?

Just now, Sooks said:

Sooks likes actually being able to finish the game.

Friendly reminder that he killed Takumi in my run

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How did you got Sooks into your team? Spotpassed for his avatar?

Niles broke his kneecaps for his constant trashtalking and then he appeared in my prison.

Why is Citra being so incredibly laggy? It was fine for the first half of the game.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vergga

Who?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Couldn't you have at least killed him with someone cool?

Everyone else was busy because, again, I aggro’d the entire map like a smart person.

The game is freezing in My Castle. My Castle.

I don’t know what’s up.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Niles broke his kneecaps for his constant trashtalking and then he appeared in my prison.

Niles being able to break any bones whatsoever, hah! Funny joke. You used logbook Orochi.

Just now, Sooks said:

Who?

Hahahahaha...

Ahhhhh, Sooks. You're so innocent.

Just now, Sooks said:

Everyone else was busy because, again, I aggro’d the entire map like a smart person.

You're a terrible player, Sooks. Not like me, I am very good and smart.

...I mean, I accidentally fixed Revelation by being spiteful. I think I deserve some credit for that.

Just now, Sooks said:

The game is freezing in My Castle. My Castle.

I don’t know what’s up.

Jikes...

This emulator is so strange. I had the weird texture glitches, you had the lightning issues and now lag, then there's my friend who is currently playing Echoes on his potato PC and according to him it goes without a hitch... It's like everyone's experience is different. How does that happen?

Just now, Sooks said:

Niles being able to break any bones whatsoever, hah! Funny joke. You used logbook Orochi.

Pffft... Well, I mean, I could've. She's still around. Funnily enough she survived the real deal, although she will not see any more action.

Other M definitely should've used Wiimote+Nunchuck but I can probably get used to just the former. I'm fairly adaptable to most controllers and I've played games with far worse controls anyway.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahaha...

Ahhhhh, Sooks. You're so innocent.

Give me one reason not to put the name in my browser and hit enter.

You're a terrible player, Sooks. Not like me, I am very good and smart.

And yet you needed me to kill the final boss, me! Everyone knows how OP and broken I am.

I’m not sure what exactly aggro’d all the enemies, but in retrospect, it was probably me visiting all four villages, one in each corner of the map, in the first two turns.

Friendly reminder that I survived the entire onslaught of enemies.

Jikes...

This emulator is so strange. I had the weird texture glitches, you had the lightning issues and now lag, then there's my friend who is currently playing Echoes on his potato PC and according to him it goes without a hitch... It's like everyone's experience is different. How does that happen?

I don’t know, the game ran perfectly through the entire first half with battle animations on and the resolution increased. The lag first started at the end of Ophelia’s paralogue, but even after letting my computer rest for a bit the game is completely freezing in the portion of the game that’s just a bunch of pixel art walking around tiny 3D models! I hope this doesn’t persist…

Pffft... Well, I mean, I could've. She's still around. Funnily enough she survived the real deal, although she will not see any more action.

Yeah, well, you’re welcome for killing the final boss.

Edited by Sooks

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Give me one reason not to put the name in my browser and hit enter.

It's just "cock" in Spanish.

I’m not sure what exactly aggro’d all the enemies, but in retrospect, it was probably me visiting all four villages, one in each corner of the map, in the first two turns.

Friendly reminder that I survived the entire onslaught of enemies.

Congratulations, but you lost the recruitable. Everyone knows you don't just keep going when you lose a recruitable in FE.

I don’t know, the game ran perfectly through the entire first half with battle animations on and the resolution increased. The lag first started at the end of Ophelia’s paralogue, but even after letting my computer rest for a bit the game is completely freezing in the portion of the game that’s just a bunch of pixel art walking around tiny 3D models! I hope this doesn’t persist…

Weird... I hope so too.

Yeah, well, you’re welcome for killing the final boss.

Ergh... okay, yeah, whatever you say.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's just "cock" in Spanish.

Uh… Yo no hablo español. 

Congratulations, but you lost the recruitable. Everyone knows you don't just keep going when you lose a recruitable in FE.

Trying to appeal to my completionist tendencies? For shame, Ruben, for shame!

Ergh... okay, yeah, whatever you say.

Blame Acacia.

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, if only we got a new mainline.

That wasn't a remake.

Gamindustri is invaded by the overseas nation of Esteem, led by the artificial CPU Blue Heart and Esteem's mysterious leader "Gaben". Can the goddesses protect Gamindustri from the PC master race? After nine years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait when it releases in 2024.

Edited by Lightchao42

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Uh… Yo no hablo español. 

Well, now you can say cock. I hope you use this knowledge wisely.

33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Trying to appeal to my completionist tendencies? For shame, Ruben, for shame!

You have failed the sooks%, Sooks. You are a disgrace.

24 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Gamindustri is invaded by the overseas nation of Esteem, led by the artificial CPU Blue Heart and Esteem's mysterious leader "Gaben". Can the goddesses protect Gamindustri from the PC master race? After nine years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait when it releases in 2024.

Unrelated: Long ago, Team Fortress 2 was updated regularly. Then everything changed when the bots attacked. Only the devs, masters of the Source engine, could stop them, but when the world needed them most, they vanished.

Well, now you can say cock. I hope you use this knowledge wisely.

I have so much power…

You have failed the sooks%, Sooks. You are a disgrace.

Tell Sooks% that I’m not getting half the children, who are actual characters.