Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Holy shit TIL apparently Sumia either was killed and reset for or she can be default if she had a support rank before dying. That's a chuckle worthy moment.

The Chrorson edit was also great, man this might be the best of his Awakening ones.

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

C'mon, there doesn't need to be an ulterior motive to every one of my reactions...

I’m pretty sure you’re always trying to mess with me every time I play a choicey game. Always.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On a scale from "cantor on a boat" to Shura, how enjoyable is this boat map?

What’s cantor on a boat? I don’t know what map you’re talking about.

Shura map is best boat map though, I agree.

11 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m actually highly doubtful of that because you have an interesting definition of good, but yeah, go me!

My good is GOOD.

56 minutes ago, Dayni said:

she can be default if she had a support rank before dying

This.

57 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The Chrorson edit was also great, man this might be the best of his Awakening ones.

Marth's love for death finally manifested.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The entirety of Celica's act 2.

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So the one who runs Earth in 'The Expanse' is called Esteban

sure came a long way from being a lowly thief.

Power of Pursuit!

He took over the world after Reese died because of him making chapters 9 and 10-1 more difficult by existing. It was his evil plan all along.

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’m pretty sure you’re always trying to mess with me every time I play a choicey game. Always.

That is an unfair and baseless assumption. You're hurting my feelings here, Sooks. That isn't true at all.

The one in Gaiden/Echoes where there's just one cantor on a boat and you have to get to him by fighting a million zombos.

Shura map is best boat map though, I agree.

It's really great, and you get Shura after it if you're a smart person!

11 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

The entirety of Celica's act 2.

Ah yes, Echoes, the game that I definitely remember more than 2 maps of. Definitely.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is an unfair and baseless assumption. You're hurting my feelings here, Sooks. That isn't true at all.

Why was there a symbol of a butterfly in the top left corner of my vision for a second?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's really great, and you get Shura after it if you're a smart person!

If you’re a smart person, you use Nina.

Until Dawn:

Spoiler

Mike cut Sam free with his machete. I guess that wouldn’t have happened if he broke his machete? The game doesn’t say so, though. It’s really good that I made that choice, it’s looking like.

Edit: Wait… wait… THE SUBTITLES SAY THAT’S CHRIS’S VOICE!?!? LET’S GOOOOO!!!

Spoiler

The game just undid all three of my deaths in like five seconds. Holy crap.

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Until Dawn:

Hide contents

Mike cut Sam free with his machete. I guess that wouldn’t have happened if he broke his machete? The game doesn’t say so, though. It’s really good that I made that choice, it’s looking like.

Spoiler

Then watch later on how by not ignoring the bear trap, you made the worst choice.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Why was there a symbol of a butterfly in the top left corner of my vision for a second?

No reason.

18 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If you’re a smart person, you use Nina.

I mean, I did. I used Niles, Nina and Shura.

You know who I didn't use, though? Mozu.

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Until Dawn:

Hide contents

Yeah, that totally was worth cutting off a couple fingers with said machete. I cannot wait for the sequel: Until Dusk, where Mike sits in the hospital's waiting room all afternoon to get his tetanus shot.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

The game just undid all three of my deaths in like five seconds. Holy crap.

Looks like you're in the clear, Sooks. You can now relax.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, that totally was worth cutting off a couple fingers with said machete. I cannot wait for the sequel: Until Dusk, where Mike sits in the hospital's waiting room all afternoon to get his tetanus shot.

But Sam > Mike.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Looks like you're in the clear, Sooks. You can now relax.

That’s a complete lie.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Then watch later on how by not ignoring the bear trap, you made the worst choice.

B-but the guidance totem… I even got an achievement for having Mike cut off his fingers……

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

B-but the guidance totem… I even got an achievement for having Mike cut off his fingers……

Poor Sooks, the totem warned him to not touch the bear trap, but he thought he had to touch the bear trap.

The achievement of being gullible?

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Poor Sooks, the totem warned him to not touch the bear trap, but he thought he had to touch the bear trap.

The achievement of being gullible?

The achievement is called the psycho path.

I like yours better.

Oh hey, another danger totem. I haven’t gotten one of those in like three chapters.

It’s another disembodied hand sticking out from a surface. You didn’t need to tell me that again, game. I’m not salty.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That much I agree with.

Fun fact: When the analyst asks you how you feel about the characters, Mike ended up on the page of my least two favorites (meaning the two characters who I didn’t say I liked more than anyone else at some point), where he asks you to choose who you most dislike.

I didn’t pick him, though. The other option was Emily, who I picked because c’mon, at that point all she had done was be aggressive and rude for no reason and probably cheat on her boyfriend. At least Mike got to be playable.

Edited by Sooks

Screenshot_5623.png

26 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wow, looking at the data, Joshua's S Crafts are garbage. Lmao at the 70 delay Sever has tacked onto it. That's... One of the worst.

NOw make it 0.

I finished chapter 7. I don’t have a lot to say about my choices or anything, because it doesn’t seem like I actually made any important ones. I mean Emily was caught by that guy that was following her, but that seems completely unavoidable since the other choice was for her to turn around. You know, back down the path where he was following her. I mean, I didn’t have her set whatever was in front of her on fire during the QTE because the first loss totem you get shows a dummy type thing bursting into flames and slamming against a wall (possible explosion) while a scream that is very obviously Emily’s plays in the background, so I don’t want her near fire. I’m pretty sure I trust that guy, since he looks like he has a firearm but he didn’t shoot it while chasing her, he gave more of a light jog than a full sprint in said chase and said “Wait!” in a very casual voice while doing so.

As far as the spoilers, 

Spoiler

I’m not entirely sure I trust Josh because of his delusional sounding ramblings. I do trust that he didn’t kill (or, try to, more on that later) Jessica though, just because of the way he sounded when he first revealed himself, like he really didn’t want to hurt anyone. He was also busy at the main building though, considering how long it took Mike and Jessica to get to the cabin I doubt he had enough time to run over there, grab Jessica, run to the nearby mines and place Jessica on that platform thing, then run all the way back to the cabin while still setting up everything to catch Sam, Chris and Ashley.

But as far as Jessica’s actual “death”, yeah, no, I don’t buy it. The last two characters who have “died” but I didn’t actually see them die have both survived, and on top of that the butterfly effect menu says Mike “successfully chased Jessica” and I don’t know how much of a success it could be if she died.

Since they both lived, though, I am really glad the game’s default choice was to have Chris shoot himself instead of Ashley, because that would have been… awkward, had he tried to do that and they both lived.

According to the game, Chris hit Josh because he hit Ashley, and Josh focused all of his aggression on Mike because Chris said he would save Josh (well, he said “God, Ash, I’m sorry”, but y’know). I can’t see how any of those things matter, but there you go.

I’m glad that all of my deaths weren’t actual deaths, but now I’m very nervous every choice because a death would also mean breaking that record.

The acting is a lot better now. I first noticed this when playing as Emily while she was screaming in terror and pitifully calling for Matt, but everyone except for the analyst seems to be acting much better than they were at the beginning of the game. Maybe the bad acting was on purpose after all.

It looks the game really has given up on the analyst sections. They were so fun though. 

Who knows, maybe he’s that masked guy Emily found.

@Saint Rubenio

Edited by Sooks

7 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Haha, im not like the Dev's, im smart enough to realise that would be broken.

I think it would be funny if you mod the game to where everything is broken.

Hastro4p o

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Fun fact: When the analyst asks you how you feel about the characters, Mike ended up on the page of my least two favorites (meaning the two characters who I didn’t say I liked more than anyone else at some point), where he asks you to choose who you most dislike.

I didn’t pick him, though. The other option was Emily, who I picked because c’mon, at that point all she had done was be aggressive and rude for no reason and probably cheat on her boyfriend. At least Mike got to be playable.

Emily is one of the most hated characters, so that's no surprise.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

Since they both lived, though, I am really glad the game’s default choice was to have Chris shoot himself instead of Ashley, because that would have been… awkward, had he tried to do that and they both lived.

Oh yeah, it would've been... pretty bad if you had done that, for reasons that I will tell you in due time.

Spoiler

I’m glad that all of my deaths weren’t actual deaths, but now I’m very nervous every choice because a death would also mean breaking that record.

There's no need to be nervous. Now that you have solved the mystery, there is no danger at all. You can just sit back and enjoy what's left of the game.

The acting is a lot better now. I first noticed this when playing as Emily while she was screaming in terror and pitifully calling for Matt, but everyone except for the analyst seems to be acting much better than they were at the beginning of the game. Maybe the bad acting was on purpose after all.

Yeah, I did tell you that the beginning was a pretty obvious parody of old slasher flicks. The characters are all blatant slasher stereotypes. It gets more serious as it goes on.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
Hastro4p o

That map looks bad.

Oh yeah, it would've been... pretty bad if you had done that, for reasons that I will tell you in due time.

So, in other words, a guidance totem actually helped me?

There's no need to be nervous. Now that you have solved the mystery, there is no danger at all. You can just sit back and enjoy what's left of the game.

Yes, I’ve solved the entire mystery.

The only pieces I’m missing are who that masked guy is, what he wants, what those monster things are, what happened in 1952, what happened to Jessica, what was all the Beth and Hannah related stuff doing at the bottom of the mine, who Ashley saw downstairs, who the analyst is and what he wants. Nothing major.

That map looks bad.

How dare you diss my boy The Last Promise, I'll kill you.

So, in other words, a guidance totem actually helped me?

We just have to be glad that the totem didn't show Chris shooting Ashley in the face

Yes, I’ve solved the entire mystery.

The only pieces I’m missing are who that masked guy is, what he wants, what those monster things are, what happened in 1952, what happened to Jessica, what was all the Beth and Hannah related stuff doing at the bottom of the mine, who Ashley saw downstairs, who the analyst is and what he wants. Nothing major.

Ahh, details, details. Insignificant little details.

20 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The just will be vindicated!

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you diss my boy The Last Promise, I'll kill you.

The creator has good taste in music to put Silver Will in the game. There’s a compliment.

That section of the map is just a bunch of enemies spread out over a bunch of open space though! I mean, I guess there are choke points, but still.

We just have to be glad that the totem didn't show Chris shooting Ashley in the face

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is an unfair and baseless assumption. You're hurting my feelings here, Ruben. That isn't true at all.