Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

19 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Read Subahibi

https://dere.shikimori.one/system/user_images/original/489966/1315889.jpg

Somehow I feel like I won't.

Where do you even get these from, I mean what kind of a line is this, there's no context in which this could be appropriate

17 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What part of the game was this again? The only time I had much trouble in GAA1 was during the fifth case so I wonder what you had trouble with.

Third case, third part. But that's all right, that wasn't too bad. It was a bit wonky that the reaction didn't happen the first time I pressed the statement, but... eh, perhaps I skipped the text too fast. My bad for reading too quickly, I guess.

...The part that really got me sighing was (spoilers ahead for anyone it may concern)

Spoiler

When the omnibus's skylight was opened and it turned out to have a huge-ass bloodstain on the side. I clicked on it, but no matter how many times and from how many angles I tried, Ryonosuke and Susato just refused to acknowledge it.

Turns out, after opening the skylight from the outside, I had to go inside the omnibus and click the bloodstain from there, and only then did they finally notice it and the evidence's description changed. Which is rather counter-intuitive, given the thing can only be opened from outside.

That got me game overed, actually. The stain was so obvious that when the game refused to accept it, I thought I had to present the omnibus and then it'd ask me to point out the stain. Instead I got a guilty veredict after a few failed attempts at presenting it, and lost a few minutes of my life wondering what the hell I was doing wrong. Thanks, game.

Still, don't get me wrong, this is the only complaint I got so far. This game is being amazing. The end of case 3 had me shitting my pants, figuratively speaking.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

let you off the hook

Hilarious, absolute peak comedy. Is it fun to watch me suffer?

Actual serious question though, do I get anything from blackjack on the computer? I don’t really know it works, so I want to know if I should bother with it. That includes anything for Sooks%.

Edited by Sooks

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hilarious, absolute peak comedy. Is it fun to watch me suffer?

I swear to God, I didn't even mean to. All of my best puns seem to be the ones I make accidentally...

Actual serious question though, do I get anything from blackjack on the computer? I don’t really know it works, so I want to know if I should bother with it. That includes anything for Sooks%.

No, it's just there for set-dressing. And I guess to appeal to fans of Blackjack. Could it be considered a form of fanservice, I wonder?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That is a joke… right?

No. Typhlosion is one of the coolest starters, contrary to that chicken abomination called Blaziken.

https://gartic.com.br/imgs/mural/ra/ramonrrd/typhlosion.png

45 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Where do you even get these from, I mean what kind of a line is this, there's no context in which this could be appropriate

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I swear to God, I didn't even mean to. All of my best puns seem to be the ones I make accidentally...

I was being sarcastic about it being high quality, because it’s at the expense of my suffering

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Could it be considered a form of fanservice, I wonder?

Smh Ruben enjoying an anime RPG with fan service. All the characters are kids too, smh.

Spoiler

“Three days remaining”

Exposition description when you interact with the for sale sign: “You will be moving somewhere else in three days”

This game thinks it’s too smart for me, it is wrong.

Also Kel’s dog is cute.

Edited by Sooks

27 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

I really hate that Twitter seems to demand that you make an account even to just see tweets as of late. I'm not going to make an account, stop shoving that stupid box all over my face when I'm trying to cringe at what 06 just sent me.

...Well, I did catch some of it. The "please make an account" box isn't big enough to cover all of it. I was able to read the fourth image's text, for one, and I can read the third image from the thumbnail, it's not small enough to be unreadable. And I think I get what the first line of the second image is saying without being able to read all of it.

It's all I really need, to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I was being sarcastic about it being high quality, because it’s at the expense of my suffering

Yeah, well, it was still high quality even if you don't agree.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Smh Ruben enjoying an anime RPG with fan service. All the characters are kids too, smh.

Sooks.

For the love of Christ.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

“Three days remaining”

Exposition description when you interact with the for sale sign: “You will be moving somewhere else in three days”

This game thinks it’s too smart for me, it is wrong.

Oh, just you wait.

19 minutes ago, Sooks said:
Spoiler

Also Kel’s dog is cute.

Ain't that the truth.

By the way, you made the choice I thought you would. Good on ya.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I swear, Rosetta is like Wraith got into the game... or his waifu. Hunting heretics together as part of the Gewuerz Inquisition...

For Emperor and Imperium!

Edited by WraithReborn

59 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

You can always turn off the music.

https://previews.123rf.com/images/pabkov/pabkov1204/pabkov120400306/13388392-remote-control-mute-button.jpg

An easy statement to make on turn based titles.

Not so where you're supposed to listen for cues too or enemies can be off screen and attack.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A country a little larger than the state of Maine, with a population a little less than Indiana, and a population destiny comparable to North Carolina. Good. 1% off the possible minimum for "herd immunity", which given Covid will be sticking around for years to come b/c poor countries will never afford full vaccination, is more like "herd protection". But still, better than not having it.

Yeah, from an international perspective covid policy has been awful (the trips waiver, an insistence on money being a driving motive for the manufacture of these vaccines, which prevents countries from manufacturing generics of these vaccines for example) but the routes to taking that action weren't happening and I don't see that changing. If we're going to justify profit over ensuring populace protection on a global from the pandemic then these kinds of consequences that were apparent are going to blow us down anyway, so apparently any progress is ineffectual? Hell, if we're going to bring up a variant gaining vaccine immunity then it's not like I'm safe either, being that I'm one of those with a lesser vaccine in terms of effectiveness.

(Jeez, try and say one positive bit of news in regards to the current state of affairs and I get the reminder that to think positive is naive)

Aubrey, no!

By the way, you made the choice I thought you would. Good on ya.

Spoiler

You’re not saying choosing to hang out with Kel was the route split, are you?

Edit:

Spoiler

While I have your attention, would anything different have happened in the Aubrey fight if I didn’t have Sunny use his knife?

Edited by Sooks

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Aubrey, no!

Heh.

The usual reaction.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hide contents

You’re not saying choosing to hang out with Kel was the route split, are you?

Spoiler

Indeed it is. In order to access the other route, you have to refuse to open the door for Kel. It is called the Hikikomori route, and if you know what that word means, it makes a whole lot of sense.

Of course, this... has some negative implications down the line. But hey, it's worth it for the extra content, right?

Oh, incidentally, I didn't want to ask you before in case it clued you in, but did you open the door in the first night?

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Finished the second case of GAA2. Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

This has been my reaction to every case so far.

Except I'm only three cases into the first game, but eh, details.

Neat to see someone else playing this game too. Then again, it was released quite recently, so I suppose it isn't all too surprising.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Except I'm only two cases into the first game, but eh, details.

Neat to see someone else playing this game too. Then again, it was released quite recently, so I suppose it isn't all too surprising.

The third case of GAA1 is probably my favourite so far. You're in for a treat.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

Indeed it is. In order to access the other route, you have to refuse to open the door for Kel. It is called the Hikikomori route, and if you know what that word means, it makes a whole lot of sense.

Of course, this... has some negative implications down the line. But hey, it's worth it for the extra content, right?

Oh, incidentally, I didn't want to ask you before in case it clued you in, but did you open the door in the first night?

So if I Googled what that word means, would I be spoiled?

Spoiler

Did opening the door before matter at all? I opened it, but I didn’t realize I had a choice not to. Could Sunny have just gone to sleep?

I don’t understand why anyone would choose not to open the door for Kel without knowing of the routes. I mean, I understand why Sunny wouldn’t open the door. Maybe if the player opened the door the first time, saw the scary thing and thought it wasn’t a good idea? But it should be obvious that it’s not real, so nothing too bad can happen, I don’t think. Unless they think Sunny would act on his delusions… hmm…

By the way, I edited the post you were responding to.

Edited by Sooks

3 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

The third case of GAA1 is probably my favourite so far. You're in for a treat.

That was a typo, actually. I meant to say "three cases in", haha. I just beat case three a while back.

It was pretty great, yeah. So far, all of these cases have taken turns that I would never have expected from... just generally Ace Attorney. And the final scene, wow that was amazing.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

So if I Googled what that word means, would I be spoiled?

Eh, not really. "Hikikomori" is a Japanese word for a shut-in. They're people who live in their homes or even just their rooms, never to exit them. It's quite the widespread issue in Japan, with hundreds of thousands of young folks living like that.

Hide contents

Did opening the door before matter at all? I opened it, but I didn’t realize I had a choice not to. Could Sunny have just gone to sleep?

Spoiler

Opening that door makes no difference. You just get jumpscared.

...Did you check the mirror? There's a fun surprise if you check the bathroom's mirror after opening that door.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Edit:

Hide contents

While I have your attention, would anything different have happened in the Aubrey fight if I didn’t have Sunny use his knife?

Spoiler

After a while she notices he has it and freaks out anyway.

I love that moment, though. You just expect a regular RPG battle with a different color scheme, you go to attack the boss as usual... and then she freaks out and it hits you that you just slashed someone's gut with a knife. It's great, it really sets the tone for this new section of the game.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That was a typo, actually. I meant to say "three cases in", haha. I just beat case three a while back.

It was pretty great, yeah. So far, all of these cases have taken turns that I would never have expected from... just generally Ace Attorney. And the final scene, wow that was amazing.

**aggressively claps in Irish**

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eh, not really. "Hikikomori" is a Japanese word for a shut-in. They're people who live in their homes or even just their rooms, never to exit them. It's quite the widespread issue in Japan, with hundreds of thousands of young folks living like that.

So… what’s the route I’m on now called? Is it just “the main route”?

Reveal hidden contents

Opening that door makes no difference. You just get jumpscared.

...Did you check the mirror? There's a fun surprise if you check the bathroom's mirror after opening that door.

Reveal hidden contents

After a while she notices he has it and freaks out anyway.

I love that moment, though. You just expect a regular RPG battle with a different color scheme, you go to attack the boss as usual... and then she freaks out and it hits you that you just slashed someone's gut with a knife. It's great, it really sets the tone for this new section of the game.

Good old SF, never letting anyone separate spoiler tags that are together in quotes.

Spoiler

I did check the mirror, but I don’t think I thought to do so after opening the door.

Yes, the Aubrey scene was very well done. You definitely should attack with Sunny in that case, that was great.

But should I have Sunny knife these random people in the park? 🤔

Oh wait Kel took the knife away, never mind.

5 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

**aggressively claps in Irish**

I hope it gets better!

Edited by Sooks