• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Guess who fell asleep during the middle of the professor's lecture after thinking "i feel a little bit cold, i'll watch class today from the comfort of my own bed".

Why am i even surprised lol.

Class still has another hour to go.

Still the best trio IS ever put on a game

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guess who fell asleep during the middle of the professor's lecture after thinking "i feel a little bit cold, i'll watch class today from the comfort of my own bed".

Pain.

Surprisingly, the ghoulified Jaime was still hostile, mask or not. Well, took care of him and the rest of the ghouls. I'll have to return to the Ug-Quagloth obelisk later on, but eh, place's done for now.

---

Hmm... I'm still on time with my fanfic to switch back to my original plans with it. Hmm, what to do, keep writing the shorter revision or the expanded one...

Metroid Fusion is finished with a time of 3:18 and 47% of items collected, which is longer than my last playthrough but that's probably because it's been a few years since I last played it. "See you next mission," indeed. The next mission only took 19 years to be released! Though technically speaking, we got some previous missions during that time.

For posterity, my Super Metroid playthrough earlier this year had a time of 5:49 with 55% of items. Maybe one day I'll try to get 100% completion in both Super and Fusion, but that will have to wait until after Dread releases.

'Evening! I FINALLY have no homework, so I can maybe finish the Ivory King DLC today. Maybe.

Edited by Benice

Finally made it to Girdershade. Only real thing of interest here is the Nuka-Cola quest... pft, hahahaha. I already have all the 30 Quantums to give to Sierra. Not on my person, so that'll be one trip to Megaton. Not yet, though, since I intend to go through the quest as intended. Not that I'll actually do it, at least for now. Since I'm still heading to Vault 112 first.

Though that will be for another day.

Crud, I accidentally ate a sooort of minor ish spoiler because I mindlessly cruised into the comments on Sky 3rd’s opening. It probably isn’t a big deal buuuut

Spoiler

according to this random commenter who’s comment I immediately noped out of a second after starting, the grandmaster is a woman

It’s weird that they didn’t specify what woman, but maybe we don’t know yet or didn’t know then, idk

This probably, hopefully means nothing unless they go for a red herring grandmaster who is a guy but I already know the grandmaster is Dorothy, so they couldn’t have fooled me, and now it’s been confirmed that the grandmaster is a woman, clearly Dorothy is the only woman in Trails.

Edited by Sooks

2021100621231100-BECBFAFF4C0C587CB23235D

When the oujosama reveals her true motives.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It’s weird that they didn’t specify what woman, but maybe we don’t know yet or didn’t know then, idk

We don't actually know and it'll be a few years before we learn anything belse.

There are theories but.....yeah, the Grandmaster being a woman is literally all we know about her identity.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

We don't actually know and it'll be a few years before we learn anything belse.

Huh, that’s unexpected. This is gonna be a long series, isn’t it?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are theories but.....yeah, the Grandmaster being a woman is literally all we know about her identity.

DorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothy let’s goooo.

Glad it was nothing major. I mean I’m assuming “I’m a girl btw” isn’t a major plot twist. I guess don’t know yet.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

DorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothyDorothy

Umm.... Are you alright? Xd

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Glad it was nothing major. I mean I’m assuming “I’m a girl btw” isn’t a major plot twist. I guess don’t know yet

It was probably made more obvious that it was a girl in the Japanese script but yeah, it's not really a spoiler.

Oh this is completely unrelated but I also meant to ask about it to the Trails experts here and forgot until now

Spoiler

At the end of Sky 3rd, Olivier references some proposition/question/ have have to Schera at some point and Schera says she’ll definitely give him an answer one day.

Was I supposed to know what that was about? I have a feeling something flew over my head.

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Umm.... Are you alright? Xd

Yes I’m alright, my prediction of the grandmaster’s identity fits with the only thing we know about them!

Well, I don’t think she has to be the grandmaster, but there’s definitely something up with Dorothy.

Edited by Sooks

9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I mean I’m assuming “I’m a girl btw” isn’t a major plot twist.

Btw we already knew that from Sky3rd evo, as it was voiced and it was very clear a girl

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was I supposed to know what that was about?

It's kinda obvious. It will be resolved in a much later game

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Btw we already knew that from Sky3rd evo, as it was voiced and it was very clear a girl

Oh, well I guess it’s good that I read it then?

But these games weren’t written knowing the evo versions would exist so it’s gotta be confirmed somewhere else unless they just literally never mention it.

But does the voice sound like Dorothy’s JP voice? This is very important.

It's kinda obvious. It will be resolved in a much later game

The only thing I can guess is romance, so…

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Evening! I FINALLY have no homework, so I can maybe finish the Ivory King DLC today. Maybe.

Good Luck! Still looking for the Lorce knights to help with the Ivory King fight? Or are you facing the misery of the Co-op section at this point?

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good Luck! Still looking for the Lorce knights to help with the Ivory King fight? Or are you facing the misery of the Co-op section at this point?

All of the above... I'm tryin' to get through Frozen Outskirts first, and I've found one frog lad.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

All of the above... I'm tryin' to get through Frozen Outskirts first, and I've found one frog lad.

Oof, good luck, the lightning unicorns in the snowstorm are really obnoxious. I ended caving and going with the cheese strat of using the crush move on the Dragon Tooth to stun lock those jerks...

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, good luck, the lightning unicorns in the snowstorm are really obnoxious. I ended caving and going with the cheese strat of using the crush move on the Dragon Tooth to stun lock those jerks...

The Dragonrider Lightning twinblades are my current go-to, but because I have 5 faith, I can't quite get 'em with one stamina bar.

I spent 20 minutes asking Alistair questions because we the game let me and then I got a notification saying Alistair approves (+1) with a heart symbol. Does that mean something?

Ah, screw it. Will stick to my original plan and write that "Extended Cut" at some later point.

For now, however, I am revisiting some of my Writing.com projects.

As much as I think Tales of Arise' battle system is flawed... Graces is easily THE worst newer gen Tales of game. I have no idea what they were smoking with this game but its battle system is garbage.

Completed Nobunaga's version of Honnoji, even on Easy, I had less than a minute left on the timer when I finished. The ending afterwards was a bit disappointing, Mitsuhide doesn't kill Nobunaga himself, he lets Nobunaga walk back into the flames and perish that way. Yasuke collecting Nobunaga's katana afterwards was a slightly touching moment though.

Afterwards, I completed the three optional battles that had been unlocked on Nobunaga's path. The last of these, set after Honnoji with Ieyasu, was rather ahistorical, and I think it could've been more thrilling. That said, I was expecting something of the sort, and it didn't take long for my brain to realize its purpose- to give Ieyasu an equal claim to be Nobunaga's heir as Hideyoshi after Honnoji. This firmly solidifies it that SW6 will be Hideyoshi vs. Ieyasu. 

Then I went back to the newly-opened Chapter 5 Mitsuhide and completed the first three battles there, of which only the last was a total repeat of the Nobunaga stuff. The second battle, the optional and pretty fictional escape from Mori mansion, took me a good half hour on Normal, I should've turned it down to Easy. Shinanosuke didn't have enough attack to carve through the still-alive Motonari, his two sons and his grandson quickly. I hadn't thrown skills into weapons at any point of the game, I'm only doing it now after learning how the system works. If I had given Shinanosuke twin blades with Attack 7 and Attack Speed 7, he would've turned the Mori into a chop salad, Tadakatsu went from weak to as busted as his legendary persona with a great spear with the same two skills in it. But, I'm waiting to get a silver twin blades with 8 slots. Attack, Attack Speed, and six other skills I haven't decided on.

Also, the game has a "Secret History" chapter for it hardest battles. Judging from the image the game showed and the description of what this secret history is, it sounds like a nine-fights fictional campaign, where Yoshimoto Imagawa becomes the unifier of Japan. Interesting, but I'm going to finish Mitsuhide's story before going back to S rank the Battle of Okehazama to unlock the first Secret History fight.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

Now that I think about it, I'm curious about this to all Teehee: What would you say is the earliest (home) VG console you played?

Hard to say, between my house and my grandmother's place, I had access to:

• A revised model NES
  • An SNES
  • An N64
  • A Game Boy
  • A Game Boy Color
  • A Genesis
  • A PS1

And later came the PS2 and GameCube and Game Boy Advance.

Of the above systems, maybe my earliest memory is of the 64?

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I wish Nintendo acted like there were more Star Fox games than just 64 but oh well.

From what I understand though, the original Star Fox game was a good tech demo, but not much more than that, thoroughly supplanted by SF64. SF2 didn't get released until very recently. Adventures is not really a Star Fox game and isn't as good an action-adventure as the typical Zelda. Assault was fairly good -minus the foot segments. Command was decent but not great at the time. And Zero was the most recent.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ace Attorney x Ghost Trick: Cabanella murders a man for spilling coffee on his coat.

Make it happen Capcom.

I remember there was one interview where some question was asked about GT and AA. The response was "Maya had has never channeled a man before" and that her hair would suddenly stand up channeling Sissel.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Why am i even surprised lol.

At least you live in an era of "affordable" textbooks and the Internet. Back in the founding centuries of universities, it was assumed undergrads couldn't buy any books, and thus one needed a good memory and a good ear to take in the lectures, or at least scribble them down on wax tablets or scraps of paper.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

As much as I think Tales of Arise' battle system is flawed... Graces is easily THE worst newer gen Tales of game. I have no idea what they were smoking with this game but its battle system is garbage.

And yet, others find it the sole saving grace of the game. Since its characters and narrative are rather flat.

Personally, I like the combat. The abolishing of TP is enough to make me like it.