Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

Clannad ptsd intensifies

Infact, Steins;Gate is like the only Sci;Adv VN where you can get true end from the start.

All those released after S;G need you to complete every route before True end. Mainly because they are all needed to understand true end...

Even if sometimes it makes no sense, like in Robotics;Notes where the routes are just normal chapters and i don't even understand why they did it that way

Edited by Shrimpresident

• Replies 177.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Infact, Steins;Gate is like the only Sci;Adv VN where you can get true end from the start.

All those released after S;G need you to complete every route before True end. Mainly because they are all needed to understand true end...

Even if sometimes it makes no sense, like in Robotics;Notes where the routes are just normal chapters and i don't even understand why they did it that way

I mean, at least it has the excuse to literally have time travel as a feature in the game. It doesn't necessarily match with what happens in the VN's route (I have no idea how the ends get unlocked or the scenes that lead to it) but Clannad was pure BS. Well, not only for that, but still, that was an incredibly frustrating mechanic, notwithstanding that you needed to complete certain routes for others to be completable, aside from the true end. 

It does seem very weird in Robotics;Notes with how you described it though. You mean like they're all independent side-stories? 

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but I live in America.

And we almost had a debatable business "leader" as president twice as well.

Unfortunately yours just happened to win once and here they were separate people.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Anyways, here's my ranking that nobody asked for!

Tierlistfates.thumb.png.b2a051c7340b87790d963e7f49b9a1b8.png

I did a BR run with none of the Hoshidan royals and their retainers. Knowing you picked for how funny you found them makes it Hayato at C easier, but seeing Selkie at A has me flashing back to when I played Heroes and she kept shrieking in my ears about scratching hers.

I know I disagree on several of these (See: Orochi), but at least Iago is where he belongs. Poor Hans though, completely forgotten.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

He truly is the Emperor Palpatine of Fire Emblem.

Oooooof

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Neither am I, but it's the victory approach I've chosen for my first run. The alternatives to "Transcendence" in Civ: Beyond Earth are.:

• Domination- Just conquer all the rival colonies on the planet.
  • Promised Land- The new planet will be terraformed to more like Earth and the Exodus Gate will let you warp in mass numbers of Earthlings to begin a more dramatic settling of the planet. Sucks if you like the idea of an alien planet staying "alien" though. Humanity might get a little superhuman gene modification, but keep the body pure, no alien DNA, no cybernetics.
  • Emancipation- Neurally upload humanity, we'll all be androids. Oh, and you'll need to warp some of your army back to Earth, to "persuade" those back home who stubbornly think that organic flesh isn't obsolete.
  • Contact- Evidence on the new planet suggests extraterrestrial life far superior to humanity once was here. Acquire the means to make contact with these mysterious beings worth our reverence.

So each and every one of them is some kind of ominous.

I've also done a little "fanficting" of my own set of three additional victories. In too much detail for someone who has no will nor skill to mod any of it into reality.

All of them sound like prequels to alien invasion.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nah, only the first, really.

...Wait, what am I saying-- Stop with the slander already!

One problem this game does have is that it does not give you enough money. Side quests no longer give any, sepith exchange rates are completely garbage and you need a ton of it just to unlock slots and get quartz for characters. The only reliable way to get money is with the sepith fragments you get, which the game only ever gives you enough of to upgrade maybe one character’s weapon per chapter + buy standard items.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I did a BR run with none of the Hoshidan royals and their retainers. Knowing you picked for how funny you found them makes it Hayato at C easier, but seeing Selkie at A has me flashing back to when I played Heroes and she kept shrieking in my ears about scratching hers.

Well it wasn't just how amusing they were to me. A lot of them are up there for how much they made me smile or how fun it was to see them in action, while characters that I found annoying or just plain boring are lower.

And D is just dead tier, everyone there is dead, both in the game, and to me.

7 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

It does seem very weird in Robotics;Notes with how you described it though. You mean like they're all independent side-stories? 

No

They are all chapters that follow on each other

Like, common route is up to ch3 iic

Ch4 is route x

Ch5 is route y

Ch6 is route z

Etc

And you need to start the game from the beginning everytime and select the choices that sends you towards a certain chapter even tho canonically they all happen behind each other

And there're 4 routes beside True end...

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

One problem this game does have is that it does not give you enough money. Side quests no longer give any, sepith exchange rates are completely garbage and you need a ton of it just to unlock slots and get quartz for characters. The only reliable way to get money is with the sepith fragments you get, which the game only ever gives you enough of to upgrade maybe one character’s weapon per chapter + buy standard items.

Sell sepith mass, they are literally made to be sold

Also just switch equipment around from inactive to active characters

Edited by Shrimpresident

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sell sepith mass, they are literally made to be sold

That’s what I meant by sepith fragments. But you’re right, they’re called mass.

Also just switch equipment around from inactive to active characters

Weapons are character exclusive though.

Edited by Sooks

7 hours ago, Shrimpresident said:

Nobody should suffer through CS5...

It's better than 4, but still utter trash, and ruins Crossbell conclusion.

Maybe, but it has HD Rixia and that makes it good.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes, Cosmo is on Cold Steel 4 (it goes Sky -> Crossbell -> Cold Steel).

True, but just because you're supposed to play Crossbell first doesn't mean Cosmo did. I didn't know if Cosmo used the fan translation.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey hey, ive been on the Trails train since May. Give me some credit!

My apologies, I acknowledge you as a true Trails fan. Though I can barely remember what happened in this thread last week, much less last year.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

...you know, assuming PS5s actually exist by then.

I have faith that you can finish it in a week, assuming you ever get a PS5.

Edited by Lightchao42

3 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

No

They are all chapters that follow on each other

Like, common route is up to ch3 iic

Ch4 is route x

Ch5 is route y

Ch6 is route z

Etc

And you need to start the game from the beginning everytime and select the choices that sends you towards a certain chapter even tho canonically they all happen behind each other

Woah... okay, that's pretty whack. I indeed see no reason to do something so weird and annoying.

Allllllright. Chapter ten Conquest, the only chapter I remember simply because of how much suffering it brought me back when I first played it. It's a lot brighter than I remember, though perhaps that my brain making my memories of the chapter all the more painful.

1 minute ago, Lorneus said:

Woah... okay, that's pretty whack. I indeed see no reason to do something so weird and annoying.

The only reason i see is because other VNs made by them do something similiar, but...

Steins;Gate 0 has the whole time travel shtick going on, and the chapters don't just follow on each other but different worldlines instead

Chaos;Child has the whole delusion shtick

So they probably just copied a mechanic that worked elsewhere without thinking about context

12 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Just buy for those active in the current chapter

With what money? The money from sepith mass that can afford one weapon on average?

OMG. Club Sandwich. This is glorious.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d51029ead58b252c08bc57391a6c87a.png

True. He's got some experience with grapes.

Edited by Lorneus

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

With what money? The money from sepith mass that can afford one weapon on average?

Sell old weapons & Equipment, don't always upgrade armor

I really never had money problems in CS post chapter 1

If you really really need money, use the Egg trick, but the game is already easy as it is

Edited by Shrimpresident

4 minutes ago, Lorneus said:

OMG. Club Sandwich. This is glorious.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.6d51029ead58b252c08bc57391a6c87a.png

True. He's got some experience with grapes.

I almost shudder to ask what you mean about grapes...

Also, Reuben is an actual character in the Teehee lore.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I almost shudder to ask what you mean about grapes...

Also, Reuben is an actual character in the Teehee lore.

You don't have to think that far back 😉

Oh really? Who's that lad?

Edited by Lorneus

5 minutes ago, Shrimpresident said:

Sell old weapons & Equipment, don't always upgrade armor

I’ve literally only upgraded armor one time because of money problems.

Just now, Lorneus said:

You don't have to think that far back 😉

Crap, might be it's late, but I'm drawing a blank...

Just now, Lorneus said:

He came out of his hole and took over my account for a short amount of time. He likes anime and hates beards. My archnemesis, in other words.

Just now, Lorneus said:

Ruben’s alternate ego who wears a red… collar cape thing and loves anime. So just Ruben in a different color.