• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I'm off to watch the Uncharted Movie.

Let us know how it goes.

Oh, I didn't mention it, but I finally saw No Way Home yesterday. And Dammit Zero6, you warned me it'd happen.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I also met Omori in my Yakuza 0 run. He was really early on, during the mad dash to Kuze's first fight. I was tempted to make a joke, but back then nobody else had played Omori, so I didn't get around to it.

Nice. You fool! You've reminded me that you didn't finish Yakuza 0, so now I will haunt you to the end of your days!

All right, I just beat the entire story mode of F-Zero GX.

In the basic difficulty. Now I have to go through the higher ones. Which is going to be a whole another story.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nice. You fool! You've reminded me that you didn't finish Yakuza 0, so now I will haunt you to the end of your days!

Dang it.

Wait, did he seriously make Yuki a lab member at the end? Yuki, who’s had like 2 hours of screen time across all routes, literally all of which has been spent on funny moments with Daru, except when she was actually the masked villain which Okabe knows (kind of, he made the connection and was just like “it couldn’t be…”) and still makes her a member? That’s kinda dumb for both the story and the character.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wait, did he seriously make Yuki a lab member at the end? Yuki, who’s had like 2 hours of screen time across all routes, literally all of which has been spent on funny moments with Daru, except when she was actually the masked villain which Okabe knows (kind of, he made the connection and was just like “it couldn’t be…”) and still makes her a member? That’s kinda dumb for both the story and the character.

At risk of sounding repetitive, something being dumb is perfectly in-character for Okarin. He's useless. As for whether it's a dumb move for the story to pull... Ehh, without context I don't want to judge. I just wanted to call Okarin an idiot for the ten billionth time, really.

17 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

perv'ing up some scenes

I agree, the new CGs are very lewd.

maxresdefault.jpg

18 hours ago, Benice said:

There is no turbo mode for pirates...

If you can't be bothered to get the Steam version, you don't deserve to get turbo mode. Steam wins yet again!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

At risk of sounding repetitive, something being dumb is perfectly in-character for Okarin. He's useless. As for whether it's a dumb move for the story to pull... Ehh, without context I don't want to judge. I just wanted to call Okarin an idiot for the ten billionth time, really.

I feel like the story forced her to be a lab member just because she’s Suzuha’s mom.

Actually, until her motivation for secretly being evil literally one time and her connection whatsoever to the conflict at all are revealed her entire inclusion feels kind of forced…

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Well, she's Daru's Waifu, and iirc not an enemy in all worldlines

This Okabe has experienced her as an enemy in at least one word line already, and he doesn’t know that she’s not an enemy here if she isn’t.

Well i have finished Mercedes' story. I have an improved opinion of her character but her story as a whole is still rather lacking. I wasn't as engaged with it as i was with Gwendolyn and Cornelius. 

Now it is time for Oswald's story, i wonder how he plays li-

Yeah turns out he's literally just the DMC character. Even has his own Devil Trigger.

17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I feel like the story forced her to be a lab member just because she’s Suzuha’s mom

ngl i was surprised when i found out she's a lab mem lol

It makes sense due to Daru's wife and all, but she's the one who did the least as a lab mem (read: nothing)...

well, she birthed the bad ass time travelling part time warrior, that ain't an easy job

Well, as i said she isn't an enemy in every world line. 

Spoiler

Sometimes it's Kagari impresonating her

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Was watching an old review of S;G 0 and the guy was like

''It's good, it's really good, but to completely understand it you need to pass a S;G lore exam'' kek

Also found a very old but very mean meme kek. Dunno if i should post here tho

Edited by Shrimpolaris

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well i have finished Mercedes' story. I have an improved opinion of her character but her story as a whole is still rather lacking. I wasn't as engaged with it as i was with Gwendolyn and Cornelius. 

Huh. I mean her story does feel the most isolated of the five from the other four, and it is a Disney Princess Story Arc™️. Even so, I was quite charmed by the fairy princess, to the point she is my favorite character in Odin Sphere.

Oh well, what clicks, clicks; what doesn't, doesn't. I won't antagonize you or anything over it.

Now it is time for Oswald's story

Oswald...

Oswald.jpg

...the character why I could never ever recommend the game to Ruben. He wouldn't be able to finish it. Assuming he didn't suffocate with loathing on Mercedes's legs first.

Personally, his design is a little too whimsy to take as menacing. The prominent spikes protruding just below the knees and the oversized coins on the breastplate sink the notion of him being intimidating. Though, maybe that is for the better? Better than overdoing the edge in a serious way.

Yeah turns out he's literally just the DMC character. Even has his own Devil Trigger.

I've heard it that Berserk Mode might've been either too difficult to use or not very good in Classic Mode. If true, that is absolutely not the case in Refined Mode. They jumped to the exact opposite end of the spectrum with Oswald. It overshadows everything else in his arsenal. Holding back on the Berserk and relying on his full moveset might let you appreciate him more. -But then I know you like busted stuff. So do whatevs ya want.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you can't be bothered to get the Steam version, you don't deserve to get turbo mode.

True.

I mean, I intended to try the game on PSP and then buy it on Steam and play it there after the Prologue, but then I realized that I can't buy things on Steam.

33 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

you shuld've added Kurisu or Mayushii for dead girl, and Moeka as the killer 😛 

To be fair, i am not familiar with any of these characters. 

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Huh. I mean her story does feel the most isolated of the five from the other four, and it is a Disney Princess Story Arc™️. Even so, I was quite charmed by the fairy princess, to the point she is my favorite character in Odin Sphere.

I just found it a bit too disjointed. Melvin is set up as the other big bad but then he dies offscreen in Ch.2. After that it kinda just felt like we took the long way around to do things.

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Personally, his design is a little too whimsy to take as menacing. The prominent spikes protruding just below the knees and the oversized coins on the breastplate sink the notion of him being intimidating. Though, maybe that is for the better? Better than overdoing the edge in a serious way.

Yeah Oswald is definitely more over-the-top edgy in his appearance. And Berserk Mode is him being covered in shadows completely save for a glowing red eye.

Not the first design like this either of course. Odette and Odin also have pretty over-the-top designs. But Oswald definitely does stand out in comparison to his fellow protags. 

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Holding back on the Berserk and relying on his full moveset might let you appreciate him more. -But then I know you like busted stuff. So do whatevs ya want.

Yeah i mean i was busting out Sin Devil Trigger in DMC5 any chance i got haha.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

but then I realized that I can't buy things on Steam.

Huh? This sounds like more than a lack of money.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just found it a bit too disjointed. Melvin is set up as the other big bad but then he dies offscreen in Ch.2. After that it kinda just felt like we took the long way around to do things.

Fair. When I was rewatching her story a few week ago, it did become clear that they could've put Big Bad Odin at the center more directly. But then, given the game has only so many locations and bosses available, it couldn't keep the spotlight on Ragnanival's forces for too long. Perhaps that explains why the one location that Mercedes doesn't visit, is Nebulapolis, the second of the two places associated with Ragnanival.

I don't think I noticed the above criticism as I was playing the game.😅

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not the first design like this either of course. Odette and Odin also have pretty over-the-top designs. But Oswald definitely does stand out in comparison to his fellow protags. 

It is a shared approach to character designs true, consistency is good if the core style is good. And I've said before, I do like Odin and Odette visually speaking. Odin might as well be a different species from his daughters based on the size disparity, it is weird at first glance. But, given this game embraces its fantastical nature, his enormity places dramatic visual emphasis on Odin as a character. It feels like it's less "he actually is physically that big", and more "he is a very important NPC in the affairs of Erion".

39 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

uknz0t3t12j81.jpg

DaSH everyone

...Since when did Japan have folkloric spirits/monsters that craved s/s? And why is this game going 20-21st century conspiracy theory? 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Huh? This sounds like more than a lack of money

I dunno, my card literally just doesn't work for buying anything-I was able to purchase Yakuza 0 for some reason, but nothin' else has worked since.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Since when did Japan have folkloric spirits/monsters that craved s/s? 

Probably a fujoshi circle thing? 

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why is this game going 20-21st century conspiracy theory? 

This' Series main antagonists are the committe of 300. It's all about conspiracy theories xD

Illuminati, one world order, all that crap. Using people's idiocy to write stories is also a way to go about it xD

The only exception is S;G0, which has Murica and Russia fighting WW3 over time machine, and it isn't a ''mainline'' title as S;G is bigger than the whole Sci;Adv together when it comes to popularity, so while the main game is part of the mainline, at the same time it also formed it own thing kinda

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno, my card literally just doesn't work for buying anything-I was able to purchase Yakuza 0 for some reason, but nothin' else has worked since.

why not just create a paypal account?

Edited by Shrimpolaris