Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, finally got around to it. Started Valkyrie Profile.

Hide contents

And already a child is dead. Nice.

Not sure if I'm too crazy about the voice acting here, the actors were 10 years too old to be playing these children. And Platina's performance was a bit.... Ehhh.

Also, man with glasses kissing  sleeping lady and then smiling evilly at the camera. In any other game I'd cry villain. Here I cry Fauxnel.

I will play on hard. I've heard some funny things about this game's difficultied. Besides, if this is just Covenant's combat minus the SRPG part, I think I'll be okay.

Spoiler

Well, CotP had to get it from somewhere. But yes, Platina committing suicide out of despair because her mother was going to sell her into slavery after a long life of abuse is such a NICE way to begin the game, eh?

Oh yeah, I've seen comments about Platina being among the weakest of the voice acting. As I said before, unless you're familiar with 4Kids Entertainment voice cast, you might not enjoy it as much, since that's part of the charm/meme of this game's voice casting.

Oh yes, ironically Hard mode can be the easiest of the three, mostly because it gives you more to play around with, so it's easy to become overpowered if you know how. Meanwhile, Easy just restricts you out of a lot of stuff, it's not even worth it. So, either best to stick to Normal or Hard, and preferably Hard.

Say, will you go blindly, or look up how to get

Spoiler

Ending A?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yes, ironically Hard mode can be the easiest of the three, mostly because it gives you more to play around with, so it's easy to become overpowered if you know how. Meanwhile, Easy just restricts you out of a lot of stuff, it's not even worth it. So, either best to stick to Normal or Hard, and preferably Hard.

Wait, really?

You're telling me you lose functionality?

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Wait, really?

You're telling me you lose functionality?

Yes, when it comes to Valkyrie Profile, you are locked out of many stuff on Easy Mode.

This includes characters to recruit, many items and equipment (some pertaining to the postgame so you can't finish the postgame if you choose Easy), some dungeons, and even the best ending. The only "perk" could be that Hard doesn't have some dungeons too... but Normal has them too, so they're not exclusive to Easy either.

Spoiler

"I have never been in this world before"

Angry Wylfred noises

Anyway, apparently I'll be looking for Einjerhar, which means everyone that joins my team will first suffer a terrible death. Awesome.

Time to find out the state Kristoff/Joshua left Artolia in.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Well, CotP had to get it from somewhere. But yes, Platina committing suicide out of despair because her mother was going to sell her into slavery after a long life of abuse is such a NICE way to begin the game, eh?

Oh yeah, I've seen comments about Platina being among the weakest of the voice acting. As I said before, unless you're familiar with 4Kids Entertainment voice cast, you might not enjoy it as much, since that's part of the charm/meme of this game's voice casting.

I think I'll be able to recognize James. Maybe Jessie too.

Spoiler

Watch, glasses man will be James. I just know it. Don't tell me, let me find out on my own.

Anyway, yeah, child committing suicide by flowers, best friend being murdered by you... What a cute, welcoming series.

Yeah, I've heard this, more or less. Maybe I'll go normal for the challenge later on, but now I'll go hard for the content (pffft what a strnage sentence this is).

Say, will you go blindly, or look up how to get

Hide contents

Ending A?

I will get the Ruben ending, which is wherever Fate takes me, and then we'll see.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

"I have never been in this world before"

Angry Wylfred noises

Anyway, apparently I'll be looking for Einjerhar, which means everyone that joins my team will first suffer a terrible death. Awesome.

Spoiler

Remember how in Endings B and C of CotP Odin and Freya talked about sealing the Valkyrie's memories? Yeah, that's going to be relevant here...

Oh yes, that's one of VP's "highlights". Enjoy!

I think I'll be able to recognize James. Maybe Jessie too.

Hide contents

Watch, glasses man will be James. I just know it. Don't tell me, let me find out on my own.

Anyway, yeah, child committing suicide by flowers, best friend being murdered by you... What a cute, welcoming series.

Spoiler

Oh, he's certainly a character alright. Very well, I'll let you find out firsthand, heh.

Really sets the mood, huh.

Yeah, I've heard this, more or less. Maybe I'll go normal for the challenge later on, but now I'll go hard for the content (pffft what a strnage sentence this is).

I will get the Ruben ending, which is wherever Fate takes me, and then we'll see.

I see. Regardless, I would be one to recommend to get both endings A and B, to fully enjoy the game. Preferably B then A.

Ending C is like CotP's Ending D.

I love her already.

Spoiler

I can't wait for her to die.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Remember how in Endings B and C of CotP Odin and Freya talked about sealing the Valkyrie's memories? Yeah, that's going to be relevant here...

Oh yes, that's one of VP's "highlights". Enjoy!

Hide contents

Oh, he's certainly a character alright. Very well, I'll let you find out firsthand, heh.

Really sets the mood, huh.

I see. Regardless, I would be one to recommend to get both endings A and B, to fully enjoy the game. Preferably B then A.

Ending C is like CotP's Ending D.

Right, well, we'll see what happens. If ending A is as difficult to achieve as it is said to be, I'll probably be headed straight for it.

Spoiler

The memory sealing didn't happen in ending A, so I guess ending C is canon. Wonder Grandpas is canon. Woo!

And I like your description of glasses man. Sounds like he'll be right up my alley. For some reason he seemed familiar to me. Like I've seen that character somewhere before. Huh...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love her already. I can't wait for her to die.

That entire sequence is a hoot. XD

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Right, well, we'll see what happens. If ending A is as difficult to achieve as it is said to be, I'll probably be headed straight for it.

Hide contents

The memory sealing didn't happen in ending A, so I guess ending C is canon. Wonder Grandpas is canon. Woo!

And I like your description of glasses man. Sounds like he'll be right up my alley. For some reason he seemed familiar to me. Like I've seen that character somewhere before. Huh...

Spoiler

You know, I got that thought too. Too bad that due to the likely gap between the games, they might've already passed away. Or be like nearing a hundred by now. I once made an estimate of 20-30 years, but it might not be enough, considering Arngrim's age and what his CotP bio stated.

Oh, really? Well, I know he has made like a cameo appearance outside the VP series. If I can recall the game, I'll mention it.

AH FUCK

The confirm and deny buttons are reversed from what I'm used to from TearRing and Vandal Hearts, so I told the game not to save.

Oh well. I got speed up, I can just rush past everything. At least I ran into this problem now.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That entire sequence is a hoot. XD

She's absolutely horrible, which is good in this particular game.

Arngrim is trying too hard, that shoulder pad is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

You know, I got that thought too. Too bad that due to the likely gap between the games, they might've already passed away. Or be like nearing a hundred by now. I once made an estimate of 20-30 years, but it might not be enough, considering Arngrim's age and what his CotP bio stated.

Oh, really? Well, I know he has made like a cameo appearance outside the VP series. If I can recall the game, I'll mention it.

Spoiler

I wouldn't put it past them to just live past 100 like it's nobody's business.

As for glasses man... I don't recall where I've seen him, but I think I have. We'll see. I could be mistaken.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She's absolutely horrible, which is good in this particular game.

Arngrim is trying too hard, that shoulder pad is ridiculous.

I think he's meant to be a homage/expy of Guts from Berserk, hence his design being like that.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I wouldn't put it past them to just live past 100 like it's nobody's business.

As for glasses man... I don't recall where I've seen him, but I think I have. We'll see. I could be mistaken.

Spoiler

In any other situation that'd be that, but in this case you could be assured they'd still be kicking butt if they were to become Einherjar. But then, that'd mean they'd finally die, so...

Spoiler

...well. I got my wish. She's dead.

Good start indeed, hot damn...

You know, this being this game, I wouldn't even be surprised if Lombert joined me, either. The whole concept of characters "joining" me is a bit warped in this context.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

...well. I got my wish. She's dead.

Good start indeed, hot damn...

You know, this being this game, I wouldn't even be surprised if Lombert joined me, either. The whole concept of characters "joining" me is a bit warped in this context.

Spoiler

VP, where you see two young girls die minutes into the game.

I'm gonna guess it was left vague on purpose wether Joshua would become Jelanda's father or it's someone else altogether.

Such is the way of this game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

First time it went to penalties, huh.

All chances in the world it won't be the last.

Spoiler

Never mind lol, Lombert didn't even have a battle sprite that matched him in the slightest.

Oh well. I got a princess and Mr. Tryhard overthere. And now Artolia is fucked yet again. Feels so weird to just watch characters die like this, it'll take me a bit of time to get used to it.

...I'm just glad the old man is long gone. I don't think Valhalla's strength would suffice against him...

Internet's been dead for hours. Really annoying, I gotta use Phonerenes.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

VP, where you see two young girls die minutes into the game.

I'm gonna guess it was left vague on purpose wether Joshua would become Jelanda's father or it's someone else altogether.

Such is the way of this game.

Spoiler

Not to mention the horrible, fucked up way the 14 year old died. Or the fact that Roland is all alone now. Nice lighthearted game for kids.

I suppose it depends on how much time has passed. He looks a bit young to be Joshua. Could be his son. Who knows, really. Either way, his daughter is dead, I can't imagine that'll pan out well.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Never mind lol, Lombert didn't even have a battle sprite that matched him in the slightest.

Oh well. I got a princess and Mr. Tryhard overthere. And now Artolia is fucked yet again. Feels so weird to just watch characters die like this, it'll take me a bit of time to get used to it.

...I'm just glad the old man is long gone. I don't think Valhalla's strength would suffice against him...

Internet's been dead for hours. Really annoying, I gotta use Phonerenes.

Spoiler

Get used to? After CotP when you the one killing them off?

Artolia is certainly doomed. Eyed up by the larger kingdoms surrounding them.

Reveal hidden contents

Not to mention the horrible, fucked up way the 14 year old died. Or the fact that Roland is all alone now. Nice lighthearted game for kids.

I suppose it depends on how much time has passed. He looks a bit young to be Joshua. Could be his son. Who knows, really. Either way, his daughter is dead, I can't imagine that'll pan out well.

Spoiler

Was Joshua even seen in CotP? I forgot. Still, the gap can't be too large. I brought this before, but I won't repeat it until it becomes relevant again. It's at least 26+ years, as it were.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

WHAT?!?!

For those of you unaware, Rosencreutz is a youtuber I've been following who mostly talks about historiography in video games as well as other political topics.

This Fire Emblem video literally came out of nowhere, I'm pretty sure he has not once mentioned anything related to Fire Emblem, or even Nintendo as a whole.

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You aren't that far off, as it is just a font. You can look up on the main page for translations, or to  download the font yourself to use...

Oh really?

Imagine if that was just the base font on these forums.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyone recognize that maOH MY GOD THE BOSS IS A HOT PIRATE LADY, RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT

I've refused to watch any more Engage footage up to this point, but I had to see who you were talking about.

----

Speaking of Engage, I might honestly hold back playing it even longer once it gets out just to get through the rest of FE's legacy content, especially since I'll be in Guatemala by the time it comes out and wont be able to get a physical copy.

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

WHAT?!?!

For those of you unaware, Rosencreutz is a youtuber I've been following who mostly talks about historiography in video games as well as other political topics.

This Fire Emblem video literally came out of nowhere, I'm pretty sure he has not once mentioned anything related to Fire Emblem, or even Nintendo as a whole.

Reading the description, he made it for a larger video, but felt he had to show this shitpost in it's own right. I was worried it might be a spiteful piece, but knowing the context makes it funnier that he felt it had to be known in advance. What would you recommend from him? them? (I found pronouns but I don't know if them is preferable to him in this case, least he seems to be fine)

(Also it's me, I'm Lowen)

39 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Speaking of Engage, I might honestly hold back playing it even longer once it gets out just to get through the rest of FE's legacy content, especially since I'll be in Guatemala by the time it comes out and wont be able to get a physical copy.

Looking forward to Jugdral from you then.

Admittedly I'll likely delay my purchase too, but that's because I'm not much of a Day 1 person (I've gotten the last 2 mainline FEs for pretty good discounts on the limited editions, but I'm not particularly motivated to get another limited edition that badly, I just got lucky those times

Edited by Punished Dayni

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

One thing I noticed on my second run: if you go inside during that Bringer of Miracles quest and talk to Ian, he'll tell you about how one of his members was attacked by a Cantor. Upon completion of that quest line, the Alien quest opens up. So the seeds were already being planted by then.

More like eggs being laid.

And I never noticed this subtlety before. Thanks for pointing it out. And reminding me of a dark-yet-I-can't-take-it-entirely-seriously quest.😆

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you haven't read it already, I bet you would like Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel.

I've heard of it, but I've never read it. It's available at my local library, so maybe I'll give it a look sometime.

11 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

No no no, you are correct and I think it's incredibly important that we all are placed on the same level of human nature because in a real sense we are all humans who are capable of good and evil.

Phew! I wanted to make sure I was clear that I wasn't accidentally saying anything insensitive that I didn't actually mean. I was worried about doing that.😅

11 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That's the main issue surrounding the trope as it romanticizes Native American culture and portrays us as myths of a bygone era that no longer exists and not as actual human beings.

And that's kinda what I was getting at. Putting a group on some kind of pedestal, even if it looks positive on the surface, risks making them too exotic and a result, dehumanized. We should praise people for doing good things and having good beliefs, but be mindful of not Other-ing them in the process.

40 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Oh really?

Imagine if that was just the base font on these forums.

I'll put it in spoilers if you don't want to look at it b/c you'd be annoying yourself with deciphering Reyson in your head.

Spoiler

fe10-ancient-language-key-revised.png

The tiny letters to the right of the big ones are the lowercase versions (though the only difference is the inclusion of that large "G" like thing).

These are even used in the Japanese version of the game. With the Japanese script transliterated into the Latin alphabet and then into this font.

I'm... A bit confused about some things. Like the traits thing. What does it matter if Jelanda loves her dad more? Is this how you get endings? I can't imagine any other use for this.

Also the combat system feels a bit worse here than it did in Covenant, but it's still early to tell. On the other hand, I find it funny how there's actual platforming in the exploration. Cute.

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:
  Hide contents

Get used to? After CotP when you the one killing them off?

Artolia is certainly doomed. Eyed up by the larger kingdoms surrounding them.

Hide contents

Was Joshua even seen in CotP? I forgot. Still, the gap can't be too large. I brought this before, but I won't repeat it until it becomes relevant again. It's at least 26+ years, as it were.

Spoiler

Yeah, this time I don't have such power to decide!

Joshua is never seen, no. Only mentioned. Certainly could be, but I can't be sure. The cutscene just called him King.

I've refused to watch any more Engage footage up to this point, but I had to see who you were talking about.

Join me in chanting recruit, Quetzal. We must make IntSys hear us.

Guatemala, eh? Just a trip? If so, I hope it is an enjoyable one.

As for the legacy content... Well, you are keeping a pretty good pace, to be fair. What's left now, half of PoR, RD, Genealogy and Thracia? If you keep this pace up you might be done in just three or four months. A bit more if you play New Mystery also, which you should, because it is the good version of book 2.

I'm... A bit confused about some things. Like the traits thing. What does it matter if Jelanda loves her dad more? Is this how you get endings? I can't imagine any other use for this.

It gets explained a bit later, but the gist of it is:

Spoiler

Traits are a factor in their Hero Value, which is one of the requirements for sending them to Valhalla. Since of course you will have to send the Einherjar up to Valhalla. So you must max their traits (or lessen the bad ones, as it were) so their HV increases.

Beyond the Valhalla thing, traits don't matter, so for the characters you want to keep, it's best to spend their CP on skills. That said, some Einherjar chapter requirements require skills too. Some skills may instead come from accessories.

Speaking of sending up the Einherjar, they can die up there, so when you send someone, be sure their HV is high and give them equipment. Usually the basic but up-to-date stuff from the Materialization Shop can suffice, so don't send them up with rare equipment.

Fulfilling Freya's requests keeps your Evalution score high (letting it reach 0 triggers Ending C) and gives you better rewards at the end of the chapter.

There's one other way sending Einherjar up to Valhalla affects endings. It might not be too hard to guess once you reach a certain point.

Also the combat system feels a bit worse here than it did in Covenant, but it's still early to tell. On the other hand, I find it funny how there's actual platforming in the exploration. Cute.

Yeah it's understandable since this is where it began.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this time I don't have such power to decide!

Joshua is never seen, no. Only mentioned. Certainly could be, but I can't be sure. The cutscene just called him King.

I see. So it is up in the air.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Phew! I wanted to make sure I was clear that I wasn't accidentally saying anything insensitive that I didn't actually mean. I was worried about doing that.😅

I really appreciate the awareness. It's a type of critical thinking that needs to be considered when discussing a topic as spicy as this.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Guatemala, eh? Just a trip? If so, I hope it is an enjoyable one.

Aye, plan to visit Tikal while I'm there and talk to some people. Guatemala is only a bit away from my origin area of El Salvador so it will feel a lot more like home.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for the legacy content... Well, you are keeping a pretty good pace, to be fair. What's left now, half of PoR, RD, Genealogy and Thracia?

Smoy.png.fe54276c1556920691c24483aee700f

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If you keep this pace up you might be done in just three or four months. A bit more if you play New Mystery also, which you should, because it is the good version of book 2.

Remakes as well as any missing paths in Three Houses I'll be fine with doing after an Engage playthrough, maybe even a Berwick Saga playthrough.

Sees Brazil are 4-0 right now.

Oh wow, look at 'em go.

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Aye, plan to visit Tikal while I'm there and talk to some people. Guatemala is only a bit away from my origin area of El Salvador so it will feel a lot more like home.

I do not get to hear about Tikal enough, because I do not know much of anything about it.

I'm assuming a pretty lengthy trip, am I right?

Just now, Edelguardiansing said:

Smoy.png.fe54276c1556920691c24483aee700f

Boi