Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

35 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Reading the description, he made it for a larger video, but felt he had to show this shitpost in it's own right. I was worried it might be a spiteful piece, but knowing the context makes it funnier that he felt it had to be known in advance. What would you recommend from him? them? (I found pronouns but I don't know if them is preferable to him in this case, least he seems to be fine)

(Also it's me, I'm Lowen)

Whoops, forgot to reply to this one

I'd honestly recommend everything since he's still new into the youtube scene and doesn't have a huge library of videos yet. They are all high quality and interesting takes that I'd recommend if you are into historical strategy games, or even just social history and historiography.

39 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Looking forward to Jugdral from you then.

I'm looking forward to Jugdral from me too.

Maybe it'll be my comfort game during the plane trip to Guatemala, but I'll make no promises on what the game I'll play after Tellius will be.

13 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I do not get to hear about Tikal enough, because I do not know much of anything about it.

One of the few preserved Mayan cities out there, it's a beautiful place.

Great thing about Guatemala in general is how preserved the Indigenous culture is. A lot of natives there still speak their native language and wear their traditional dresses, not just for ceremonies and parades.

16 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I'm assuming a pretty lengthy trip, am I right?

For at least a month yes.

17 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Boi

The sad thing about the Elibe games is that they're probably just going to be awkwardly placed after the playthroughs of Tellius and Jugdral as the anticlimactic finally of this whole adventure.

I mean I guess I could slot them in before Jugdral but I don't know how much I want to delay a Genealogy playthrough.

• Replies 177.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It gets explained a bit later, but the gist of it is:

Hide contents

Traits are a factor in their Hero Value, which is one of the requirements for sending them to Valhalla. Since of course you will have to send the Einherjar up to Valhalla. So you must max their traits (or lessen the bad ones, as it were) so their HV increases.

Beyond the Valhalla thing, traits don't matter, so for the characters you want to keep, it's best to spend their CP on skills. That said, some Einherjar chapter requirements require skills too. Some skills may instead come from accessories.

Speaking of sending up the Einherjar, they can die up there, so when you send someone, be sure their HV is high and give them equipment. Usually the basic but up-to-date stuff from the Materialization Shop can suffice, so don't send them up with rare equipment.

Fulfilling Freya's requests keeps your Evalution score high (letting it reach 0 triggers Ending C) and gives you better rewards at the end of the chapter.

There's one other way sending Einherjar up to Valhalla affects endings. It might not be too hard to guess once you reach a certain point.

Ohhhh... That's pretty cool. Haven't gotten the explanation for that mechanic yet. I suppose it can't be too far off from where I left off.

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah it's understandable since this is where it began.

Of course.

33 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Aye, plan to visit Tikal while I'm there and talk to some people. Guatemala is only a bit away from my origin area of El Salvador so it will feel a lot more like home.

Well, enjoy yourself!

Smoy.png.fe54276c1556920691c24483aee700f

Ah, didn't realize.

Remakes as well as any missing paths in Three Houses I'll be fine with doing after an Engage playthrough, maybe even a Berwick Saga playthrough.

Sounds reasonable.

Wht do you mean "even" tho? As if it wasn't a guarantee

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ohhhh... That's pretty cool. Haven't gotten the explanation for that mechanic yet. I suppose it can't be too far off from where I left off.

Should be once you have to return to the world map.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Also, just realised about now would be the point where I discovered FE a decade ago, if not a little while back.

I was awful at playing legit back then.

I can't say I've improved much.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm looking forward to Jugdral from me too.

I'm looking forward to you seeing Finn

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Maybe it'll be my comfort game during the plane trip to Guatemala, but I'll make no promises on what the game I'll play after Tellius will be.

Why did I think of a memory of playing Thracia waiting for and then getting on a bus? Probably because it was that chapter, but yeah surprising which moments stick with you.

(In case you're wondering what I mean, I will have to explain myself as I have a specific bad experience but that's too deep in to just throw out there now)

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The sad thing about the Elibe games is that they're probably just going to be awkwardly placed after the playthroughs of Tellius and Jugdral as the anticlimactic finally of this whole adventure.

As someone who started on BlaB and SS (with BB not that far behind and the patch not being ready when I first played BlaB), I would probably recommend people to rip the GBA bandage off early now in hindsight, but that's me.

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'd honestly recommend everything since he's still new into the youtube scene and doesn't have a huge library of videos yet. They are all high quality and interesting takes that I'd recommend if you are into historical strategy games, or even just social history and historiography.

Oh wow, not even a year and that many essays.

(That Fable one has me a bit 🤨 admittedly.)

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

One of the few preserved Mayan cities out there, it's a beautiful place.

Great thing about Guatemala in general is how preserved the Indigenous culture is. A lot of natives there still speak their native language and wear their traditional dresses, not just for ceremonies and parades.

From what I understand, the Mayans as a whole are fascinating in the sense they built these places, then withdrew from them, due to factors that made maintaining these places or that many people untenable, but that's very simplified and I probably should do more research before getting into it.

Oohhhhh shit.

I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but this...

Spoiler

Was this secretly a... sort of open-world time management RPG?

...on the ps1? This franchise is something else.

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should be once you have to return to the world map.

Yeh, you got that right.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Green06 said:

It's Ruben, he wants suboptimal

I don't think that defines fun, though. What's the point if you aren't enjoying it at all?

Also, it's CS IV, how much "suboptimal" can it get? XD

Edited by lightcosmo

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oohhhhh shit.

I wasn't sure what to expect going in, but this...

Reveal hidden contents

Was this secretly a... sort of open-world time management RPG?

...on the ps1? This franchise is something else.

Spoiler

Yep. Fortunately, you get plenty of time. Most of the time periods will be spent revisiting dungeons for training if needed, since enemies don't respawn. Well, in one dungeon they do, but it will take a while to reach it.

D'oh!

I wasted a period visiting Crell Monferaigne, met a few colorful folks... Then I did the whole soul listen thingy - which uses up another period by the way - and the next character to obtain was in Crell Monferaigne. Nice. At least I got to meet him in life, I guess.

I kinda expected longer recruitments for folks, after the first two, but oh well. Nother new guy got.

I also wasted a point visiting the flower field, but an ominous cutscene triggered, so I didn't reload a save. Just in case that proves important.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, about that "market"...

Yeah... I think I get the gist of it. Sheesh...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

D'oh!

I wasted a period visiting Crell Monferaigne, met a few colorful folks... Then I did the whole soul listen thingy - which uses up another period by the way - and the next character to obtain was in Crell Monferaigne. Nice. At least I got to meet him in life, I guess.

It happens. You can meet some of them while alive, so it's a nice little detail. Also, sometimes, going back there after you recruited them can sometimes yield something too.

I kinda expected longer recruitments for folks, after the first two, but oh well. Nother new guy got.

Yeah, don't expect them to be that long. Well, there's one which is infamously longer than the rest...

I also wasted a point visiting the flower field, but an ominous cutscene triggered, so I didn't reload a save. Just in case that proves important.

Well, it is, but triggering it right now is kinda of a waste.

If you want a hint, there's a certain value to also pay attention to in Lenneth's status screen...

Yeah... I think I get the gist of it. Sheesh...

Midgard is such a nice place to live, eh.

15 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Least it wasn't 9-0

I am glad we are out already because i am 100% sure if we advanced and were to face in quarter finals, they would've went for the revenge lol

Edited by Imperator Squilla

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

As someone who started on BlaB and SS (with BB not that far behind and the patch not being ready when I first played BlaB), I would probably recommend people to rip the GBA bandage off early now in hindsight, but that's me.

That could be something I do, and who knows, maybe having the Jugdral games be the final boss before the endgame of Kaga's saga works would be fitting.

No absolutes though, so we'll see what happens.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

From what I understand, the Mayans as a whole are fascinating in the sense they built these places, then withdrew from them, due to factors that made maintaining these places or that many people untenable, but that's very simplified and I probably should do more research before getting into it.

I'm glad you didn't say "Ancient Mayans" and just stuck with Mayans because...well we're still here.

But yeah, as a little bit of information that I can give as a Mesoamerican, the indigenous people of those lands still operated around those old structures and to this day will preform ceremonies and celebrations on old temples.

The majority of structures the Mayan's built were destroyed during colonization and replaced with churches so the few lucky survivors like Tikal are really important to us.

And that's chapter 1. I ran out of things to do and ended up resting for five periods, against my better judgment. I also sent Belenus to Valhalla. Here's hoping I won't regret it. He seemed to handle himself all right, and Freya says I'm doing "fairly well", so that's neat.

Enough for tonight, I think. What a unique game this is.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it is, but triggering it right now is kinda of a waste.

If you want a hint, there's a certain value to also pay attention to in Lenneth's status screen...

Nothing jumps out to me.

...wait, seal value? Fuck does that mean...?

Well, it's sky high, so I hope high is good! Even though it'd red, as opposed to everyone else's hero value, which is green. Ahh I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. That's your cue not to tell me, I'll figure it out at some point I'm sure

Midgard is such a nice place to live, eh.

I paid a visit to Camille too. It's... seen better days. You can really tell Natalia's no longer around lol

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That could be something I do, and who knows, maybe having the Jugdral games be the final boss before the endgame of Kaga's saga works would be fitting.

No absolutes though, so we'll see what happens

I mean, FE6 would make for a good final boss. Tough cookie, that one. Especially if you go to Sacae, as I fully expect you to, intentionally or otherwise.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Welp, I’m picking Fie. I mean she’s my favorite of the possible characters anyway, even if I do have a soft spot for Sara.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Even if you didn't choose Fie for the dialogue or Fishing, you choose her for the gameplay cause 6 range counterattack + Sirius haha or simply Concealing Wind spam for days stacked with Gungnir later game makes Fie always desired on the team coupled with great Speed. (Stealth is absurdly broken no matter what but either way)

Wait, Fie has six range?

Rage quartz + Sirius + Gungnir Fie is also insane late game. Rage is all Counterattacks are auto crits btw, and Gungnir raises critical damage deal by... alot. and obv you know Sirius effect so theres that to add as well.

Yeah, I did something similar with Kurt in CS3. Except I switched out Gungnir for Aegis because I just wanted to avoid anyone yakigg by damage and if he just so happened to get a counter in, that was cool too.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Awesome. Use him, Sooks.

This is Cold Steel, I select characters for story, not gameplay. And as a character he’s so boring, his entire personality is “music”. He stopped being interesting after the beginning of CS2, where he was posed with a question putting his love for music against his current class… which he never gave an official answer to, he just didn’t shut the fuck up about music for the rest of the game and at the end he’s just like “oh btw I’m going to music school” and everyone’s like oh yeah cool.

As a unit, well, it’s Cold Steel. It’s hard to make anyone bad, and his entire point is as a dedicated healer, pretty much, which is completely unnecessary imo (or at least it has been for a while).

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Speaking of Engage, I might honestly hold back playing it even longer once it gets out just to get through the rest of FE's legacy content, especially since I'll be in Guatemala by the time it comes out and wont be able to get a physical copy.

No rush, take your time. We'll likely be putting things behind tags anyways.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I never noticed this subtlety before. Thanks for pointing it out. And reminding me of a dark-yet-I-can't-take-it-entirely-seriously quest.😆

Haha yeah, most quests that involve Ma-non in a prominent capacity (aside from pizza serial killer) are a bit hard to take seriously.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What's left now, half of PoR, RD, Genealogy and Thracia?

Guardian still needs to play the best game, TMS. It's gonna come up, when Sombron is about to kill the heroes but then he hears boss music

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

mean I guess I could slot them in before Jugdral but I don't know how much I want to delay a Genealogy playthrough.

Setting aside the fact that I have a bone to pick with Judgral, Elibe is probably a good pallet cleanser after Tellius.

And that's chapter 1. I ran out of things to do and ended up resting for five periods, against my better judgment. I also sent Belenus to Valhalla. Here's hoping I won't regret it. He seemed to handle himself all right, and Freya says I'm doing "fairly well", so that's neat.

Enough for tonight, I think. What a unique game this is.

You can send up to two Einherjar per chapter, by the way.

Those little blurbs we can glimpse about the war in Asgard is sadly all we get on that front. Specially since it's also the most we get out of the characters after their recruitment scenes. Gives that sense of an off-screen adventure while our focus is with the Valkyrie.

Though fun fact, originally the Asgard stuff was going to be the main game. VP was originally conceived as a SRPG with the Einherjar as the main focus.

Nothing jumps out to me.

...wait, seal value? Fuck does that mean...?

Well, it's sky high, so I hope high is good! Even though it'd red, as opposed to everyone else's hero value, which is green. Ahh I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about. That's your cue not to tell me, I'll figure it out at some point I'm sure

It's alright. You can always figure it out for a second playthrough.

I paid a visit to Camille too. It's... seen better days. You can really tell Natalia's no longer around lol

That's VP in a nutshell compared to CotP.

On 12/4/2022 at 4:51 PM, Imperator Squilla said:

Non retail worker here. Just 2 days and i lost faith in everything and if i don't turn off my mind from Monday to Friday i think i would've done something to myself

In my defense, I said I wouldn't know.

22 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That really went from this to this really fast. Their fault for using bright yellow Future Guns instead of something that hurts

I wonder how your plot went from a Kaga FE plot to Doom featuring Bart Simpson...

On 12/3/2022 at 4:23 PM, Sooks said:

Laura’s new VA… I’ve pretty much always thought Laura is the weakest member of Class VII, but even didn’t deserve this.

Since this seems relevant enough, CSIV's voice actors for original Class VII will carry over to Trails into Reverie (and by that I mean Rean, Alisa, Elliot, Gaius, Machias, Jusis, Laura, Fie, Emma, Millium, and Sara if you don't want to click the link). I like Heather Gonzalez's work as Elincia in Heroes, so I'll be good if Laura sounds like that.

Voice actor announcements more than a week in advance, what is this madness? Odd how we know more about Reverie's voice actors than Engage's at this point.

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just checked and yeah, Fie can already fish before leaving.

…damnit, idk who to pick.

You should pick the character who you think will say the funniest things... so Fie or Sara still, probably.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guardian still needs to play the best game, TMS. It's gonna come up, when Sombron is about to kill the heroes but then he hears boss music

Faiya Emburem is unironically good, there should be a longer version.

I picked Fie for Edel dialogue. There’s literally an article about increased production at the Brewery in the Imperial Chronicle but… dammit, Fie time.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The fact that this is a non-zero percent chance should terrify some people.

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm glad you didn't say "Ancient Mayans" and just stuck with Mayans because...well we're still here.

It's something I note differs compared to the Aztecs, which I don't see much of any reference to their survival.

50 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The majority of structures the Mayan's built were destroyed during colonization and replaced with churches so the few lucky survivors like Tikal are really important to us.

I can bet, the fact so much of it holds it's shape and details carved into it would be something to appreciate for instance.

(Then again, I'm used to seeing limestone with millennia of weardown)

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Emblem Itsuki, Emblem of Music

Emblem skill:  Summon other Emblems

Enjeji skill: Enemies charm'd due to idol addiction

Enjeji skill 2: Wraith mad

Wraith mad is just Itsuki's base ability