Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

30 BUCKS!?

30 bucks for two emblems and a bunch of cosmetics? You've got to be kidding me.

When 28 maps in an entirely new branching story is 10 dollars less than Edelgard.

Actually you're probably talking about Euros. How much does Revelations cost in Euros anyway?

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, and his name is Vandad.

Oh you and your Fire Emblem dilfs.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still have my megacampaign on hold until EUIV stops receiving new content.

Can't wait for them to release EUV and it's literally just base EUIV but more laggy

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

When 28 maps in an entirely new branching story is 10 dollars less than Edelgard.

What are you referring to here?

...Oh Rev. I forgot Rev cost money lolololololololol I had it for free due to my Nintendo Uncle.

Anyway, yeah. Sad, ain't it?

Actually you're probably talking about Euros. How much does Revelations cost in Euros anyway?

One euro is 1.05 dollars lol. If it costs 30 bucks here, it costs 30 bucks for you.

Oh you and your Fire Emblem dilfs.

What can I say.

Shut it or I will break the doorknob of your kitchen shelf.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Say a word in favor of the Filioque and I will feed your tongue to chipmunks.🔪🐿️

Good thing I'm not Catholic anymore eh?

Remembers he was at a mass yesterday

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Here's a fun little debate to bring to the FE community, is there a God?

Depending on setting, you'd tend to think probably not. We don't see much discourse on faith in most of the games and in those that we see it in you often get proof that whatever's worshiped falls short of godhood if they fall close to it (See: the worst thing in the series)

Some come closer than others, but you haven't played the lot yet. Of what you have played, Sothis probably is the closet though isn't a god in the sense of being there for all time you feel like she could have been if that was her origin point and there's hints to her power in the setting. Probably falls a little short and certainly wouldn't be capping omnipotence and omniscience though. We don't know enough about any faiths in Elibe to answer there, similar with Magvel, Ylisse seems to suggest Naga's on that level but it's made out to be the same as Archanea so isn't a god by dint of what we know, the Valentia duo are not for sure and if someone here insists Anankos is a god I will get the multipurpose shovel.

Note I'm avoiding Tellius and Jugdral 😛

And Kagasaga

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Pray that IS does not look at Paradox's ways of doing DLC and release a half-baked FE where the weapon triangle is added later in a 20 dollar expansion.

I'm still pissed they don't go to -75% anymore, I miss those days.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

30 bucks for two emblems and a bunch of cosmetics? You've got to be kidding me.

Now I think we both realise that there's more than this. Doesn't mean I'm paying day 1, no siree. (Says the guy who's not buying the game Day 1 anyway, I know)

And is it officially 30? Yeesh it is, don't even get a discount for pre-ordering both online.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still have my megacampaign on hold until EUIV stops receiving new content.

They're still going?

The fuck?

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

20. Until March.

Fates was decent about this in that all three campaigns cost 60. Unless you were me and got at least some discount on Fates

Edited by Punished Dayni

Just now, Punished Dayni said:

Now I think we both realise that there's more than this. Doesn't mean I'm paying day 1, no siree. (Says the guy who's not buying the game Day 1 anyway, I know)

Yeah, hence why I said there's no universe in which it's worth it "now", and that "we'll see" when the campaign comes out. Because it's the same shit as Houses all over again, the campaign is the only thing that's going to be even remotely worth the price.

It's confirmed, by the way. DLC page says it's in the last wave, like Cindered Shadows or whatever its name was.

And is it officially 30? Yeesh it is, don't even get a discount for pre-ordering both online.

It's officially 30 and it's up for grabs already.

1 minute ago, Punished Dayni said:

Fates was decent about this in that all three campaigns cost 60. Unless you were me and got at least some discount on Fates

We were too unkind on this game, weren't we. Far too unkind...

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmmm?

Not a game I'd think you would ever play. There is maybe one person here who might, so I won't say what game or who within it. But, there is literally in English a line that goes "X in a dress" when that character gets compared with someone else in the same game.

Although, said character could make a crossover visit with potential for decent writing to Fateslandia just as they could to Fodlan, for different reasons.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They extracted the flesh for the nose from her upper skull.

Actually, that's how premodern India did rhinoplasty- nose surgery. Adultery could be punished by smashing the adulterer's noise, which led to a market for nose jobs. You cut some skin from a cheek or the forehead, leaving it connected to keep it alive, and pull it over the smashed noise area. You then use some straws or something which you later remove to form new nostrils and give the nose its form, I forget the other details. Given some time to heal, and you have a new schnoz. 

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Good thing I'm not Catholic anymore eh?

Remembers he was at a mass yesterday

Depending on setting, you'd tend to think probably not. We don't see much discourse on faith in most of the games and in those that we see it in you often get proof that whatever's worshiped falls short of godhood if they fall close to it (See: the worst thing in the series)

Some come closer than others, but you haven't played the lot yet. Of what you have played, Sothis probably is the closet though isn't a god in the sense of being there for all time you feel like she could have been if that was her origin point and there's hints to her power in the setting. Probably falls a little short and certainly wouldn't be capping omnipotence and omniscience though. We don't know enough about any faiths in Elibe to answer there, similar with Magvel, Ylisse seems to suggest Naga's on that level but it's made out to be the same as Archanea so isn't a god by dint of what we know, the Valentia duo are not for sure and if someone here insists Anankos is a god I will get the multipurpose shovel.

And Kagasaga

Lack of omnipotence and omniscience isn't really an issue if you consider that's basically the shtick of polytheistic pantheons. Where the divine are only masters of a few domains at the most each.

I think in Binding Blade they mention a god worshipped by the Elimine Church, but it's true that when it comes to their religious practices, we only really have Saint Elimine brought up at all. Sacae have the Mother Earth and Father Sky.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

One euro is 1.05 dollars lol. If it costs 30 bucks here, it costs 30 bucks for you.

Okay, phew. Joke still stands.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What can I say.

Shut it or I will break the doorknob of your kitchen shelf.

What makes it funny from my end is that since I've stopped looking at Engage footage after the second trailer I don't even remember who Vandad is.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And Kagasaga

...I mean I was talking about the real life idea of a God that's been of human debate for millions of years and still rages to this day, but this works too.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not a game I'd think you would ever play. There is maybe one person here who might, so I won't say what game or who within it. But, there is literally in English a line that goes "X in a dress" when that character gets compared with someone else in the same game.

Although, said character could make a crossover visit with potential for decent writing to Fateslandia just as they could to Fodlan, for different reasons.

I mean, to be completely honest, I think "X" and "X in a dress" is the exact type of joke that would get a chuckle out of me.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, that's how premodern India did rhinoplasty- nose surgery. Adultery could be punished by smashing the adulterer's noise, which led to a market for nose jobs. You cut some skin from a cheek or the forehead, leaving it connected to keep it alive, and pull it over the smashed noise area. You then use some straws or something which you later remove to form new nostrils and give the nose its form, I forget the other details. Given some time to heal, and you have a new schnoz. 

Jikes.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Okay, phew. Joke still stands.

I mean, it's neither a joke nor is it funny.

What makes it funny from my end is that since I've stopped looking at Engage footage after the second trailer I don't even remember who Vandad is.

Well, that's very bad, Quetzal. Very bad indeed.

+13 minutes, and they ended up in added time.

Adding +20 minutes to a match was a mistake.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I still am not there with you and Shrimpy, I suppose.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Lack of omnipotence and omniscience isn't really an issue if you consider that's basically the shtick of polytheistic pantheons. Where the divine are only masters of a few domains at the most each.

I think in Binding Blade they mention a god worshipped by the Elimine Church, but it's true that when it comes to their religious practices, we only really have Saint Elimine brought up at all. Sacae have the Mother Earth and Father Sky.

That may be so, but in some of these settings they treat them closer to monotheistic deities, in that they are solely in their own pantheon (see: there being a pagan god who is known to be worshiped in Abyss in a faith apart from Sothis who we know little to nothing about while Sothis remains the sole deity in the Church of Seiros/Children of the Goddess. I'd have to get back on 3 Copes to answer what the Agarthans deal in.)

That's about all we get in Elibe, so I feel like there's no strong evidence either way. Well, not quite. We get another deity mentioned, Delphi. Comes up in Ilia, supposed protector of living things and is mostly in the sky. It's the reason it's called a Delphi shield I suppose. Yoder mentions there's a pantheon in the Elimine faith and hopefully they'll add something in remakes.

...I mean I was talking about the real life idea of a God that's been of human debate for millions of years and still rages to this day, but this works too.

Oh, you meant amongst ourselves.

My bad.

Personally, I'm of the opinion no, though I don't want to do much of a debate about it. I don't see it as nihilisitcally as you might think with that answer, but it was something I leant towards over the course of years and concluded as such a long time back. Strangely, my grandparents' deaths haven't had me wondering if they're watching from heaven or anything, so I don't think I've had a Road to Damascus moment this last while.

On your phrasing, I wonder when such discussions would have first arisen? Could there have been arguments on it with different Homo supspecies? Would people have been debating this between travelling groups as their understanding grew and it became a topic around the fire?

7 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

They're still going?

The fuck?

HQDzs0e.png

Lions of the North is from September this year. They slowed down considerably (15 DLCs between 2014 and 2018, none in 2019, then 4 since 2020), but it's still really silly at this point. It's honestly made worse by their policy of adding stuff to the base game and then putting some extra buttons into the DLC, since it makes a lot of the DLC incredibly light on content considering the price.

It's still my favourite Paradox game by far, and it's genuinely in a pretty good state on the current patch, with an AI that's actually quite competent for once,  but the monetisation really is... a thing.

But hey, at least it's still considerably less expensive than The Sims 4 with all DLC

Spoiler

tb1qvCZ.png

Adding +20 minutes to a match was a mistake

Nope

It's only right that every wasted seconds gets added back

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

IS: makes best FE

Fans: *HATE*

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Can Tale of Symphonia players please share on how to re get Kratos as an ally at the end of the game?

Relies on the relationship points system. You need him in the top... three, I believe.

Wait, what version are you playing again? Since I think in one you needed him in the top three/four relationship points slot, but in another that was no issue.

5 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I still am not there with you and Shrimpy, I suppose.

On the game itself, fair enough, but I'm talking about the pricing. Revelation, whatever anyone may think of it, is a full game for 20 bucks. Now the new FE standard is charging us more than that for tiny side campaigns, minor gameplay additions to the main campaign and a bunch of useless trinkets sprinkled on top. It's embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

IS: makes best FE

Fans: *HATE*

Guys, you had to fix the story, not the DLC pricing...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Nope

It's only right that every wasted seconds gets added back

At some point, one has to consider if stopping the clock for free kicks, penalties, injury breaks etc. would be more appropriate. Lower the game time by, what, 5-10 minutes per half to compensate. I know that Handball actually removed mandatory time-outs for penalties mostly to make the actual duration of a game a bit more consistent, but that reasoning doesn't really apply if you give 10+ minutes of overtime instead.

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

That may be so, but in some of these settings they treat them closer to monotheistic deities, in that they are solely in their own pantheon (see: there being a pagan god who is known to be worshiped in Abyss in a faith apart from Sothis who we know little to nothing about while Sothis remains the sole deity in the Church of Seiros/Children of the Goddess. I'd have to get back on 3 Copes to answer what the Agarthans deal in.)

That's about all we get in Elibe, so I feel like there's no strong evidence either way. Well, not quite. We get another deity mentioned, Delphi. Comes up in Ilia, supposed protector of living things and is mostly in the sky. It's the reason it's called a Delphi shield I suppose. Yoder mentions there's a pantheon in the Elimine faith and hopefully they'll add something in remakes.

Well, I think there's also the names from Ninian's dance rings. Set, Thor, Filla, and Ninis. I think those are also mentioned to be deities... though three of those are named after the Jugdral ones. More obvious in the Japanese version, English changed them slightly (like Fjalar to Filla).

Pantheon, eh. But is it a deity pantheon or a saint pantheon. Since I think they still only mention a single god.

Oh, right, at least in Kaga's old notes, he brought up there existed many deities which humans could pray for power, and that's how magic came to be.

12 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Can Tale of Symphonia players please share on how to re get Kratos as an ally at the end of the game?

During the Flanoir bonding event, refuse everyone who knocks at Lloyd's door. That's what worked for me.

IDK what happens if Kratos is in Lloyd's top 3 bond-wise.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, to be completely honest, I think "X" and "X in a dress" is the exact type of joke that would get a chuckle out of me.

I liked it because it dampened another's character's horniness visualizing them as they. Total moodkiller.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

During the Flanoir bonding event, refuse everyone who knocks at Lloyd's door. That's what worked for me.

IDK what happens if Kratos is in Lloyd's top 3 bond-wise.

That got changed in the newer versions. Now Lloyd opens up the door automatically for the third/fourth person, so you have to increase Kratos' points now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

, you had to fix the story, not the DLC pricing...

Nah

Many peeps were angry with the pricing as well. Lotsa people compared it to Pokemon, even if it's nothing even close to that

As for Engage DLC, i will keep my opinion on it until we get it, and won't buy it personally unless i think i will replay the game alot and ensure i enjoy it hence dlc will add needed spice like with fates.

1 minute ago, ping said:

Lower the game time by, what, 5-10 minutes per half to compensate

Eh. I am not sure if that is a good idea honestly.

Also no need for stopping the clock since the current system is effectively the same while keeping football "tradition"

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That got changed in the newer versions. Now Lloyd opens up the door automatically for the third/fourth person, so you have to increase Kratos' points now.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!😑

The bonding system in ToS is awful.

• The points are completely invisible. Barring that fortuneteller in Triet, which isn't very useful.
  • You'd have to go out of your way to avoid/wrong-answer on world map skits to avoid building your bond with certain characters. Being forced to avoid skits which are bread & butter Tales goodness is bad.
  • Colette has a gargantuan initial bond lead and you almost have to use a guide to end up with anyone as Lloyd's absolute favorite except her.

Admittedly, getting Kratos into the top three, or maybe four isn't as bad as number-one. But still. ToS could've done better with this little mechanic.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer