• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Green06 said:

All thanks to shit goalkeeping

Isn't that arguably true for a lot of soccer? Even if just for a moment?

3 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Hoping for Argentina x England

I'm all for Croatia Morocco, because new winners would be nice, especially seeing as if Spain hadn't taken so bloody long to win it'd be the first new winner since 1998.

And if it goes to penalties we'll see people who know what they're doing. True, Argentina have shown that too

An aside: checking Spain's penalty form,they've lost every shootout they've been a part of in the WC (2018, 2002, 1986) except for 2002 against Ireland. Ouch, that hurts, when you suck so bad at penalties Spain beats you.

16 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Hoping for Argentina x England

Winner takes the Falklands?😛

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

And then there's Rune Factory, which, while not about difficulty, lets you pick a gender by how you feel on an airship.

I can assure you, being afraid of heights is not exclusive to girls. I speak from personal experience.😆

lololol My mother is rooting for England, but has been trying to give the cat grief since the morning. Naturally, we adapted the "Brazil lost due to cat" memes with her. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then you have Disgaea, where upping the difficulty -at least in the very first game- is done via the passing of legislation. IDK whether the legislature is naturally receptive or opposed to such a measure, if the latter, well then the real difficultly would be bribing or defeating the lawmakers to get it through.

Bureaucratic difficulty? That's amazing.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

And off we go

Fjni9tDXkAAltg2?format=jpg&name=large

the mere presence of a traversable world map confirms to me that Sominel is My Castle 2.

Yeah, no professor level-like mechanic to be seen anywhere, world map, talking and villages are back, it's pretty clear this is My Castle 2. I just want to confirm how important the rewards from the minigames are, but I think it's a safe bet at this point that this will be far less intrusive than the monastery.

Not to mention more enjoyable. Unlike in Houses, the activities here seem more developed than just "press a button, watch a shitty animation and get things" - I mean, fucking Star Alear looks legit fun lol

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

This is the funniest character trait lmao.

I can't believe Alear was Anakin The Last Promise all along. I can't wait for them to say "you can do it."

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Iono what I'll do, honestly. At least female Alear's design isn't completely atrocious like female Byleth's was.

Yeah, that's true. Alear's designs are a lot less lopsided than Byleth's, at least. I can see arguments being made for both.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think this is getting out of proportion, trying to equate the ring polishing with skinship. Unless it's just for the memes.

I mean, judging by the reactions and expressions of Sigurd while his ring is getting rubbed, I really don't think it's so unreasonable to say that the idea and intended demographic being targeted are the same. It's not the exact same concept, but it's pretty close and the overall intention is the same.

Don't get me wrong, though, it's not like I'm outraged or anything, if that's what it seemed like. Heck, if anything, rubbing rings to pleasure the glowing ghost husbando/waifu that lives within is such an outlandish concept that I couldn't help but find it funny.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That almost felt like an MCU ending message. lol

"Shinon will return in Radiant Dawn"

What Avenger would Shinon be? I mean, you're more familiar with them than I am, so you can probably make a spicier joke than me here...

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Fair point, but honestly, I think they're still holding out on us.

Ehh I suppose there's a chance. They've eventually shown Eirika and Ephraim together, but for a long time it was only Eirika that got displayed. Ephraim was only revealed early by what seemed to be a simple oversight in a localized trailer. It's possible Sigurd does have Seliph with him or something and they've just not gotten around to showing it... Though I do agree with Armagon, at this point all bets are off, it's weird they'd show the Sacred twins, but not this.

Though it honestly doesn't explain why Leif seems to be based on his FE4 presence. The thing is, it's all protagonists here, with Tiki as the sole exception - and she's here because she represents an age old FE trope that's highly marketable (hence why she's DLC), the dragon loli. Let's not kid ourselves about Leif - he is only here because he was the protagonist of Thracia 776. To base his Emblem mechanics on the other game where he's a secondary character of, truly, minor importance, is just strange.

...This might be overly cynical, but honestly, the fact that it's such an obvious thing to give him growth boosts due to scrolls, and yet they gave them to Tiki so they could lock it behind the 30 buck paywall just seems rather suspect.

30 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

qetialgol55a1.jpg

For Christ's end, Shrimpers. Is there no end to anime's debauchery?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What Avenger would Shinon be? I mean, you're more familiar with them than I am, so you can probably make a spicier joke than me here...

Admittedly I wouldn't know for sure. Hawkeye is the first to come to mind, but only because he's basically an archer. Otherwise they'd have very little in common.

Though it honestly doesn't explain why Leif seems to be based on his FE4 presence. The thing is, it's all protagonists here, with Tiki as the sole exception - and she's here because she represents an age old FE trope that's highly marketable (hence why she's DLC), the dragon loli. Let's not kid ourselves about Leif - he is only here because he was the protagonist of Thracia 776. To base his Emblem mechanics on the other game where he's a secondary character of, truly, minor importance, is just strange.

I'm guessing because his Master Knight thing brings more gameplay potential than what he has in Thraccia. Since despite being a secondary character in Genealogy, it's where he can be at this strongest. Again, due to Master Knight.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For Christ's end, Shrimpers. Is there no end to anime's debauchery?

Ok, honestly, what debauchery here XD

Wraith, is that you? Did you hijack Ruben's account?

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

is such an outlandish concept that I couldn't help but find it funny

i feel that about alot of things in Engage so far lmao

It's like, it's peak "Devs just want to have fun the series they love fuck everything" lmao

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Though it honestly doesn't explain why Leif seems to be based on his FE4 presence.

inb4 FE4 remake makes Leif 2nd gen protag and overhauls gen 2 with more Thracia stuff in it

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

They need to play good first before they can get robbed

Saka was so clearly and obviously fouled

And it's not like France is playing good football either

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, fucking Star Alear looks legit fun lol

If we're changing both terms Dream Dragon is the best title and I will have no arguments.

Racist Hawkeye

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what? Fun exercise, what would we take from Thracia aside from Capture?

Would Vigour stars in some form be good to carry?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...This might be overly cynical, but honestly, the fact that it's such an obvious thing to give him growth boosts due to scrolls, and yet they gave them to Tiki so they could lock it behind the 30 buck paywall just seems rather suspect.

Didn't even think of those, but Thracia is a long time since I played. And if you come to that answer, chances are they'd have been used for the crit nullification. Maybe do something invoking the "spirit" of the HB.

Though at least with Tiki there's the MotE Starsphere there.

28 minutes ago, Green06 said:

Saka was so clearly and obviously fouled

And it's not like France is playing good football either

Yeah it was a foul

Not a penalty however. A dangerous position yes, but not score sure, especially not against that goalkeeper

Edit: Welp XD

edit 2: Yeah ok that ref is shit. So many fouls for England not given...

Edited by Imperator Squilla

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

the french are playing Rugby, not football

They're favourites to win there next year, so I guess it makes sense.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm guessing because his Master Knight thing brings more gameplay potential than what he has in Thraccia. Since despite being a secondary character in Genealogy, it's where he can be at this strongest. Again, due to Master Knight.

Ehh, I don't know, Byleth already had the multiple weapons thing. Leif feels oddly similar to him. Thracia had so many unique mechanics, capture, scrolls, leadership stars, FCC, move growths... They could've done something with any of these, but they chose to make him Byleth 2. It just feels odd.

49 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ok, honestly, what debauchery here XD

Anime. Anime is the debauchery here.

Wraith, is that you? Did you hijack Ruben's account?

Do you picture Wraith going two words without mentioning the Emperor or a book he's read?

i feel that about alot of things in Engage so far lmao

It's like, it's peak "Devs just want to have fun the series they love fuck everything" lmao

Yeah, I get that vibe as well. I do have to say, I sympathize with people who wanted a more serious game. They are in the place where I was with Three Houses, and it's not pleasant. But well, if anything, I'm glad the franchise isn't going in one or other direction. It's experimenting, which I was as you know afraid they wouldn't after Houses's roaring success.

inb4 FE4 remake makes Leif 2nd gen protag and overhauls gen 2 with more Thracia stuff in it

Hah! I mean, I honestly wouldn't complain about Saias in Genealogy. Of all Thracia characters, he's the one that I really feel would've benefitted from being a thing in the previous game. His journey was only starting!

Edited by Saint Rubenio