Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Using the Randomizer I tried giving Tico a +100 Mug rate. If this works, this should be pretty funny.

I want to try turning Czene into someone more specialized in setting up captures. Gave her Flourish and some extra skill points. Also increased the base might of the standard Dagger to 2 to make sure it still deals damage after Czene's attack gets halved.
Though I can't exactly remove her standard thief utility either. Considering she is the first thief and all. Ended up having to toss out Adept so that everything fits onto the skill page.

I wish I could modify the skills themselves. Not a fan how Flourish has a cooldown AND it's not even guaranteed to do anything useful even if it hits. Feels like it should be one or the other. Not BOTH.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I approve of this message.

Oh God I'd missed this one before.

These people are mad geniuses.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Using the Randomizer I tried giving Tico a +100 Mug rate. If this works, this should be pretty funny.

I want to try turning Czene into someone more specialized in setting up captures. Gave her Flourish and some extra skill points. Also increased the base might of the standard Dagger to 2 to make sure it still deals damage after Czene's attack gets halved.
Though I can't exactly remove her standard thief utility either. Considering she is the first thief and all. Ended up having to toss out Adept so that everything fits onto the skill page.

That's not a bad idea. As it is, the horse doesn't feel as good as it should because she's just so bad at stealing lol

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

I wish I could modify the skills themselves. Not a fan how Flourish has a cooldown AND it's not even guaranteed to do anything useful even if it hits. Feels like it should be one or the other. Not BOTH.

Good ol' Berwick capture. Game's one lame mechanic. Alongside durability I guess.

As long as you can cause an injury, Capturing can be done reliably with the Apeiron or Lightning.
But the options to actually cause injury are really quite limited.
I wanted to give Flourish to Aegina because multi-hit attacks. But turns out that skill does not work with magic.

Although there are also other options to get stuff. Like using Knock Away or Stun Knives to force an enemy to unequip their weapon and shields, allowing Thaddy to steal them.

Anyway, I also gave (assuming it works) the Blizzard, Bolt Knife and the Stun Knife a 100% activation rate. Just to see how dumb it gets and work from there.
Though given how limited Blizzard's durability is, I suppose there is no harm in keeping it at 100%.
Whatever it takes to prevent situations where I have to stall for dozens of turns until Arthur gets lucky with Flourish.

But ideally Flourish would really just cause 100% injury. With the same cooldown, but also limiting the number of uses. Like with Steal or Mug or Maim.

What I'm wondering now is what they'll do next for the twitter account. With the emblems, seemingly 90% of the characters, Somniel and a big bunch of mechanics showcased, what could they possibly do to fill the remaining 40~ day gap? Radio silence? That'd be a bit anticlimatic after all this haha

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

m8l8cxp3s85a1.jpg

Someone pointed this out on reddit. Look at the darker side of the card

That moment when the cards are cooler than the actual emblems lol

This was from fishing, right? I might find myself fishing voluntarily in this game. Jesus Christ.

5 hours ago, ping said:

Regarding the clarification... it's not like the other extreme didn't harrass developers over making their games too "woke" (for example by making female designs that don't cause an erection), so I don't think it's fair to lump people getting annoyed or even pissy over excessive fanservice with those dickheads.

I've seen way more people iffy or straight-up disliking Engage's designs specifically. Yeah Alear has grown on people and there are people who are like "aight cool" but i don't think i saw "de-woke" edits of the characters like some nerds were doing with Xenoblade 3 (removing Mio's leggings).

Not that it doesn't happen, i just don't think it's happening with Engage specifically.

5 hours ago, ping said:

and frankly, since there's quite a few negative opinions about Things (TM) floating about in this very thread, many of them repeatedly, some of them with much vitrol (hey everybody, what do you think about Persona 5, again?)

Persona 5 doesn't make me shut off the game and sleep off the rage.

I think the last time i genuinely had to sleep gamer rage off was like......in 2012 when i accidentally saved over my 100% Subspace Emissary File.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Looking at the Engage DLC page, I noticed one little tidbit: It claims that the first visit to Somniel occurs in chapter 5, and that's when you get the pay-to-win statboosters, but the accessories are only obtained in chapter 6 when you first visit the boutique. I guess you'll unlock shops and places as you go.

Gonna take a guess and assume battle preps don't open up until after Ch.5. I can see it now. "Hey our group is getting pretty big, we need a base".

I may have to retract "we'll get the four countries by Ch.12" because it seems we might spend a bit longer in Lythios. And no way the Somniel showcase was that late into the game either so this game might actually be pretty long.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Unless one of them is capture/kidnap. Then sacrifices will be made.

Ruben when the Leif Emblem allows for Capture inheritance

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nmtkfhoa8o0ni02umej

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

m8l8cxp3s85a1.jpg

Someone pointed this out on reddit. Look at the darker side of the card

Me when i find The World Emblem

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With the emblems, seemingly 90% of the characters, Somniel and a big bunch of mechanics showcased, what could they possibly do to fill the remaining 40~ day gap? Radio silence? That'd be a bit anticlimatic after all this haha

Nah they'll just repeat the stuff on Twitter+some additional info not covered there but related.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Gonna take a guess and assume battle preps don't open up until after Ch.5. I can see it now. "Hey our group is getting pretty big, we need a base".

Sounds plausible.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I may have to retract "we'll get the four countries by Ch.12" because it seems we might spend a bit longer in Lythios. And no way the Somniel showcase was that late into the game either so this game might actually be pretty long.

Yeah I don't think there's much chance we're leaving Lythios without the castle. Maybe a couple chapters into Firene, but that's about it. Heck the Solm gang look to be prepromotes, it may be well into the midgame. I still wouldn't expect any of the showcased characters to join past the midgame, though. It'd be a bit strange, I think. Then again, anything goes, really.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben when the Leif Emblem allows for Capture inheritance

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nmtkfhoa8o0ni02umej

Leif is going to file a restraining order.

And I am going to ignore it.

What's another war crime for the noble cause of getting playable generics?

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah they'll just repeat the stuff on Twitter+some additional info not covered there but related.

And we will analyze each pixel of footage in search of new stuff.

20221211_100015.jpg

I did not realize it was this bad, the Wii U had more exclusives at launch.

I can't even make a "it's called the PS5 because there's only 5 games" joke because there aren't even that many games to begin with lmaooooooooo

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Heck the Solm gang look to be prepromotes, it may be well into the midgame. I still wouldn't expect any of the showcased characters to join past the midgame, though. It'd be a bit strange, I think. Then again, anything goes, really.

Timerra and Forgato were unprompted in their showcases but I don't know about the rest. Although skirmishes are back so those prepromotes may not be "pre".

For the record, I still think "act 1" will end with the four countries storming Lythios to stop whatever it is thanks to that one image on the website.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Leif is going to file a restraining order.

And I am going to ignore it.

Ruben: "restraining order? More like restraining suggestion."

Edited by Armagon

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That was Rogue's "get the three Chaos Emeralds before the bombs explode"? Sounds like it with a time limit. I recall some struggling with it as a child, though the stage isn't actually all that big, hit the top floors if nothing pings right away and unlock all the safes, then descend and go scrambling around. -Unless you're not trying for a good rank and are willing to use the hints, which would make it easier ofc.

11 hours ago, BrightBow said:

"fIVe mInUtEs ShOuLd bE pLeNtY! HErE I gO!"
Famous last words.

Not a good stage to have a time limit for. Since you are not going to get around very quickly until you are familiar with the level layout. I mean it's not exactly Pumpkin Hill, where everything is easily accessible.

I didn't even try it when I was younger because the time limit made me anxious. And if I struggled with it now, I don't want to imagine how long it would've taken before. Also I didn't have enough space on my memory card to actually save, so I wouldn't have been able to make much progress after anyway.

Knuckles's Aquatic Mine is another level I didn't got past when I was younger, though it wasn't very difficult now unless you're going for the Air Necklace (which I also barely got this time).

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, it was a pretty nice fanart.

I didn't expect to unironically start liking Alear's design, but here we are.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11702597

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't even make a "it's called the PS5 because there's only 5 games" joke because there aren't even that many games to begin with lmaooooooooo

It bears repeating...

Still slightly hopeful that it'll just be snuck in there and they didn't think it was worth showcasing, but... Ehhhh yeah, it's looking less and less liking by the minute.

Oh well. I feel like I'll struggle a bit less to find enjoyable characters than in Fates, to be honest, so I can live without hot pirate lady. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

...You know what the dream now is, though? For the Somniel shopkeeps to be playable. Buff blacksmith lady!

You're hacking this game within a week, calling it now

Only because the king ordered it, and his loyalty to the king is absolutely absolute!

Any truly loyal general to his king would see the foolishness of having all his generals directly under the retinue of a foreign lord as a strategic disaster waiting to happen!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That moment when the cards are cooler than the actual emblems lol

This was from fishing, right? I might find myself fishing voluntarily in this game. Jesus Christ.

Fortune telling if I recall correctly.

And hey, least there's something to the fishing this time.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

20221211_100015.jpg

This shit is why the "But we'll port to PC later" plan from them has baffled me. Some games that were exclusives are now lost, so this is what's left. Sheesh. And it doesn't help they haven't pushed much of their development teams to non-large scale IP continuing titles that are going to take time to release as far as I can tell.

At least with Microsoft that's part of the strategy. And this might just count stuff currently out, but I don't remember being much of any announced. Not to mention I think they actually have titles announced and I can't think of any for PS5.

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11702597

Why did he do this?

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

bears repeating...

Banger.

33 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And this might just count stuff currently out, but I don't remember being much of any announced.

I think the upcoming is literally just Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine and those will also get ported eventually.

Jedi Survivor is on PC and Death Stranding 2 probably will be as well.

33 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Why did he do this?

Because it's funny.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With the emblems, seemingly 90% of the characters, Somniel and a big bunch of mechanics showcased, what could they possibly do to fill the remaining 40~ day gap? Radio silence? That'd be a bit anticlimatic after all this haha

The stuff from the wepbage will be put into twitter stuff

Also we didn't get Trailers for the other 6 Emblems yet.

And maybe some gameplay or technical stuff?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Not that it doesn't happen, i just don't think it's happening with Engage specifically.

I think when it comes to FE the only time something like this happened was TMS

A game like, max. 10 people care about.

The entire country's just foggy at the minute.

Any closer and I think we'd have all gone to Silent Hill.

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Probably amazing Karaoke sessions going on.

32 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

pgQBG8H.png

*Z-chan.png*

As one of those people with the PS3, it was past "has no games" by then.

But fuck it, le's laugh anyway

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But fuck it, le's laugh anyway

https://i.redd.it/3gi2tbrc2e081.png

There's nothing to laugh about, only sadness remains