Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, once a couple Golems go down, a squadron approaches. The group notes they look similar to the Sirbine, which means they're Aura Battlers! They're being led by... Tod!? Jeril!? Allen!? They are quick to note the group comes from Upper Earth, one that is... 700 years into the future from theirs! In any case, they have their orders to take us down. Though just then, Tod points out that the Sirbine looks like a Dunbine. They comment the Black Knight told them Aura Battler technology had gone dormant for the past 700 years, which means it was lying dormant like their own machines. Still, they bring up how they thought they had died... only to find themselves alive back in Byston Well... and 700 years into the future it seems. Meanwhile over with the heroes, Omoikane brings up data about the Aura Battlers, confirming they're the same kind as to way back then. The group wonders how is it they're standing here now, but regardless, it's time to fight! Still, Shion wonders just what is the Black Knight up to...

Okay, so... time to fight Aura Battlers... fight Aura Battlers... fight...

PTSD Chihuahua | Know Your Meme

Eh, so... SR Point is to defeat Tod, Jeril, and Allen in the same turn. I may have a bad feeling about this... TacP Bonus is to have Shion fight Tod. That's much easier. Well, let's go!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah that's going to crash.

Sonic when he sees the economy

42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I never thought I’d be saying this about Cold Steel but… Kino? (Emphasis on the question mark)

But you've been gushing about this game ever since you started playing it. You were gushing about Cold Steel III too.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hello

Tinkaton is the mon with the gall. What Pokémon did you name after Eunie?

So, our new friends here come with Drumlos, who thankfully don't have Aura Barrier... wait, no, they do!? I think in a previous SRW they didn't... welp, here they do then. Allen and Jeril are in Leprechauns with Tod in the Vierres. A turn after, the girls lament they can't help out, only having their magic. Just then, they're approached by a woman, Presea, alongside a rabbit-like creature, Mokona. Yeah, I can tell why our dub changed it to Nikona. Anyway, a normal-sized golem shows up near their position, and the girls get ready to fight it... as well as Ferio, who decided to come back. The group comments the girls may be reaching the point they can hold off on their own without their help, and Shion notices how willing they were to help out a complete stranger.

Routing the Golems makes Alcyone withdraw again, blaming Caldina and Ascot for this blunder. Which makes Tod comments how she sounds like his old self.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

But you've been gushing about this game ever since you started playing it. You were gushing about Cold Steel III too.

Gushing isn’t kino. And while that’s true, I still remember the dark days…

The horror…

But now Altina has a major role and gets to be great. I put it in the spoiler tag this time because I put everything in the spoiler tag but Altina is seriously the best.

16 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

What does Quan sing then?

We're already out of meme songs, so he'd have to have a serious one like Hands

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Damn it yesterday i was shopping and when i saw cheese for 3.5€ i was like "NOPE"

Cheese here is super expensive now because of the floodin' in 2020... High quality cheese can cost you, like, 10$ for a tiny square.

I like cheese too, so I really hope to be able to go to Europe to try more of 'em!

...Or get a good job here so I can afford some more.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I know an opinion of many in the states that "Native American" or "American Indian" is dismissive, and they'd rather just be called American or Indian.

Why don't we societally just use the actual names of different nations as opposed to choosing inaccurate terms?

5 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Unless i get a 900k/year job in Canada that's not gonna happen xD

Just pull yourself up by the booststraps and work three full-time jobs like a good North American

Okay, good, Tod made a beeline for Shion. It seems the Sirbine's similarity to the Dunbine is bothering him more than it should, but Shion ain't in the mood to talk. Got the TacP Bonus, now to defeat all three on the same turn...

Interestingly, all three have quips to say regarding their second chances at life. With Tod questioning if he is going to go through the same things he did in his past life, Allen just wanting to raise hell again, and Jeril relishing that she's back to fighting again. Guess who might be willing to join us. Go on, just guess.

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well you can't exactly abolish tourism for Hawaii I'd think.

Yeah but it's shitty to tell the people that live there to reduce water consumption cause they need it for the people that are simply visiting.

28 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

What Pokémon did you name after Eunie?

None. I do have a Ceruledge named Ouroboros but that's about it

In any case, they all withdraw upon defeat. Once the enemy's been routed, Caldina and Ascot have returned to the area. The girls wonder if they're here to fight again, but Caldina instead says she knows they're way out of her league, so she's bailing out on her contract. She was only in for the coin, but she can let that slide if she can instead keep her life. Meanwhile, Ascot brings up his power to summon beasts, but people are way of them, thus Zagato promised him they could have a better life under him. Umi points out that would only really make them be bad in the eyes of the people, and he should understand what should be the best for his friends if he truly cares for them and want to be happy with them. Something she has come to understand with Hikaru and Fuu. Ascot understand, prompting him to apologize, surprising Caldina. She's also surprised to see how the three work well in synch. Yes! Three Hearts as One! Getter Rayearth, Getter Rayearth! Er... anyway, Caldina is even more surprised to learn they haven't been fighting together for long yet they've become that close already. Still, she's impressed. The two are now throwing their lot with them instead of Zagato, and hope they can meet again in a peaceful world. Before leaving, Caldina says Zagato has been obtaining Aura Battlers from an old man called the Northern Sage. Ferio also takes his leave, but Fuu asks him why he came back. He says he couldn't ignore the love of his life be in trouble, but before Fuu can say more, he leaves, saying he'll be gathering more intel on Zagato and that they'll meet again. Prompting Umi to tease her and Hikaru to be oblivious, haha.

Just then Presea approaches them again, saying Clef has told her she is to give the Magic Knights weapons, and invites everyone to her house. She introduces herself as a Master Smith, and brings up the legend of the Magic Knight, saying that they'll revive the Three Rune Gods, using swords of... escudo? Wait, that was the name of the material? That's just shield in Spanish! Anyway, she explains she'll do her part so the legend can come true, explaining escudo is the hardest mineral in Cephiro, and weapons made from it can grow with their wielders... but also test them. Thus they can become unable to manifest their true power should they fail. As for the Rune Gods, she can only say they're beings of immense power, and are essential to defeat Cephiro's true enemies. In any case, the girls receive the swords, vowing to save the world for the sake of everyone, their minds resolute to embrace their role as Magic Knights. It's just then that the party takes note of Mokona. Presea says she chased him out of her house into the woods, thus allowing her to meet them. He's a guide Clef left with her to give to the Magic Knights, for he knows where the Rune Gods reside. As if on cue, Mokona runs off, prompting the party to give their farewells.

On Zagato's Castle, the Aura Battlers have returned to report. The Northern Sage was the one who sent them to Zagato, who is glad to hear they're eager to fight again. Still, Allen points out he could try to get the otherworlders on his side. Alcyone tells him to mind his tongue, prompting Jeril to comment she's trying to get into Zagato's good graces. Still, they're stopped from spatting further by Inova. Tod asks what's next, but Zagato simply says to stay put for now and leaves. Jeril comments how he thinks they're nothing to him but tools, Allen adding that's just the mercenary life. Heck, they shouldn't even be here alive to begin with. Still, Inova says Zagato isn't one to discriminate like that. They should show results if they want to ask more of him. Jeril comments she's fine just having battles to fight, though Tod isn't quite as glad. Allen notes he's being a stick in the mud, and tells him to enjoy his new lease in life. Still, Tod keeps questioning to himself why he's alive, why he's here, what's he suppose to fight for...

Elsewhere, Zagato has gone to where Princess Emeraude is. She implores him to stop, but his mind has been made up. The Magic Knights will be stopped, and has the man for the job. Lafarga, Captain of the Royal Guard... and currently under mind control. He sents him forth... and the stage ends.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I'd say, it's quite fitting, but it's still neat they intertwined the Rayearth and Dunbine OVA storylines in this game. Also making a repeat of Compact 3 of using both Dunbine TV Series and Dunbine OVA sequel, but with the roles reversed this time around.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Why don't we societally just use the actual names of different nations as opposed to choosing inaccurate terms?

Hey our ultimate preference is to just be called by our tribe name but in the world we live in, generalization have to be made, especially when it comes to our politics. It's obviously a lot easier to say American Indian child welfare act than it is to mention all 500 federally recognized tribes and the countless more that are unrecognized.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're reminding me of the story of Roquefort. I had read an article (IDK if Smithsonian actually lets you read a few articles online for free) about how this blue cheese had once been called "the King of Cheeses", but its consumer base is aging away.

Roquefort has a distinctive flavor as strong and acquired as Fauxnel, and that is precisely the problem. Parents are no longer willing to force their kids to eat Roquefort when they're little and thus involuntarily develop a lifelong fondness for Roquefort.

There is one notable Frenchman who campaigns against modern food products that readily appeal to everyone but have no true flavor at all. He has tried to save Roquefort in one of his many campaigns from newer cheeses that have Roquefort's well-liked features with none of its disagreeable edges, but the campaign is failing. Roquefort demand continues to decline.

I just like that you're comparing Fauxnel to a stinky cheese.

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hahahah! Dystopias critique the present indeed.

If you want any more of an idea on how badass my mom was, she was also working to help immigrants not get deported and working with fair trade companies that properly paid their craftsmen. Keep in mind, my dad was in jail at the time, so she was doing all of this while still being a single mother for my brother and I.

Sounds like one hell of a story.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I could go on and on talking about how amazing my family is honestly.

Hey, by all means! I'd love to listen, if you're at all willing to share of course.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Xander and Ryoma join a bit late but that's because they are Xander and Ryoma. Giving you them earlier (especially Ryoma) would be a bit much.

Still, Xander and Ryoma both joined rather midgame than anything else. The actually late joiners were all oddballs like Izana, Flora, Shura in Birthright and Yukimura.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-18-37-14-06_f9ee05

LMAO

Anyways yeah, this is for figuring out what the "dark side" of the Emblem Tarots is supposed to represent for each Emblem

• Marth: anguish at seeing his comrades survive leaving his family behind and just the general nature of war
  • Celica: the whole schtick with Mila and Duma and Jedah
  • Sigurd: I don't need to explain this one
  • Leif: i wanna say post-Manster shit
  • Roy: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 
  • Lyn: most likely her parents' deaths
  • Renais Twins: Lyon probably
  • Ike: Greil's death
  • Micaiah: Blood Pact shenanigans
  • Lucina: y'all know this one
  • Corrin: choosing
  • Byleth: Jeralt went bye bye

Marth also had a lot of rage inside him during the earlier stages of Shadow Dragon, against Gra particularly, they could go for that too. Though seeing his card I expect it's more like what you said.

Roy is Merlinus. Just, Merlinus. Insufferable old fuck. Jokes aside, in his supports they go into his feelings of insecurity and stress over the positions he's flung into. Probably that.

Otherwise, yeah I think these are likely.

Today we get worst lord

Lancereaver and Lvl+ eh?

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

But now Altina has a major role and gets to be great. I put it in the spoiler tag this time because I put everything in the spoiler tag but Altina is seriously the best.

heh.

I did gush about her for a while as well before you joined lol

4 hours ago, Benice said:

High quality cheese can cost you, like, 10$ for a tiny square

wtf

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's part of their playbook. Make us feel we are the ones at fault for not doing enough. When it's them who aren't.

CO2 certificate moment

44 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Today we get worst lord

Lancereaver and Lvl+ eh?

Almost feels like they didn't show these Emblems until now because they're comparatively so much more uninspired than the ones shown before.

Seriously Roy looks pretty bleh.

10 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I mean

It's Roy xD

True enough, but Lyn is Lyn and she's insane in this game. Seeing the first few Emblems and how cool their abilities were I'm a mite disappointed in this one.

...eh, but I mean, who needs emblems when you've got a Vandad?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but Lyn is Lyn and she's insane in this game

Lyn is a fan favorite tho, that and she's more than just a sword user.

Also fem myrmidon lord power, ya know xD

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

, but I mean, who needs emblems when you've got a Vandad?

Vandad no emblem solo Lunatic+ run by you soon?

Edited by Imperator Squilla

26 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Lyn is a fan favorite tho, that and she's more than just a sword user.

Also fem myrmidon lord power, ya know xD

I suppose that's fair, but still. You'd think only having to handle 12 Emblems they'd come up with enough ideas to not make any of them feel like afterthoughts.

Then again, to be honest the whole Emblem thing's still are far from the thing I'm looking forward to the most in this game. So, eh. Whatever.

26 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Vandad no emblem solo Lunatic+ run by you soon?

Nah.

...Jade's gotta be in the team too.

12 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

People on reddit are pointing out how Roy's skills all fix his weaknesses from FE6 lol

Oh my God the level+ thing is supposed to be a sensibly-timed promotion.

Maybe I didn't give them enough credit, that's a great joke.

Roy's real problem was that he was just a copy of Marth in a game with different mechanics.

Marth's games did not have the weapon triangle, so his Rapier was actually doing well against the enemies it's supposed to be effective against. And the power creep wasn't so silly that having 40 levels to grow was a requirement just to keep up. So he was doing just fine in terms of stats.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, that was fun.

Falling on my knee with all the ice.

Such fun.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

FjvkdO3akAIWGhM?format=jpg&name=large

Hello

When it evolves:

Shiny Frickin' Goat!

Gogoat!

Gogoat!

Gogoat!